PDA

View Full Version : How does many shot combine with rapid shot?

Allis
2008-05-04, 05:31 AM
The title says it all, how does many shot combine with rapid shot? If a ranger with 2 attacks takes a full round shooting, does it get 3 attacks with six arrows? Or is it exclusive, or does the many shot only count for the first attack?

Kizara
2008-05-04, 05:36 AM
In my understanding it doesn't, since they are fairly mutually-exclusive actions.

Jasdoif
2008-05-04, 05:46 AM
In my understanding it doesn't, since they are fairly mutually-exclusive actions.Right. Manyshot is a separate standard action, so you cannot use it with a full attack. Since Rapid Shot requires you to use a full attack, the two feats can't combine.

BlackandGold
2008-05-04, 07:19 AM
Can you combine it with Haste? We got a little confused over this question... You get an extra attack, if you make a full attack, so can you use Manyshot with this attack and Rapid Shot with the full attack?

SamTheCleric
2008-05-04, 07:21 AM
Can you combine it with Haste? We got a little confused over this question... You get an extra attack, if you make a full attack, so can you use Manyshot with this attack and Rapid Shot with the full attack?

No, because you are still using a full attack action to use Rapid Shot, and you only add a haste attack on top of a full attack action.

Tsotha-lanti
2008-05-04, 07:29 AM
As was said, "it doesn't."

Manyshot isn't an attack - you can't replace any attack with it. Manyshot is a standard action of its own. 3.5 haste gives you an extra attack on a full attack, not an extra action of any sort.

shadow_archmagi
2008-05-04, 07:45 AM
Belt of battle would work though.

Arbitrarity
2008-05-04, 10:26 AM
At one point, due to a rules misunderstanding, a player believed that manyshot could be used on any attack, i.e. with rapid shot. He also thought that the OOTBI Ranged precision could be used at the same time.

After dealing consistient 60's damage/round at level 6, we eventually figured out what he was doing wrong.