PDA

View Full Version : A Psionic Russan Doll

wadledo
2008-05-04, 06:14 PM
For a horror game that I'm applying to, I decided that a combination of Psychic Warrior 5, Elocater 1, and Iron Mind 5 would make a really cool parody of this character. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Maiden_Jeanne)

Problem is now I can't think of what to do.:smallfrown:

I've got a good idea of how I want the character to go, being a middle aged Elan in as heavy armor as I can fit him, floating above the ground and either smashing stuff with a 2 handed weapon or doing whatever it is that psychic warriors do when they don't smash stuff.
Which is kinda the problem, being that with this build I already sacrifice one manifester level to get Iron Mind, and I'd really much rather go with a wilder or psion, except that then I'd have to waste 2 feats on Medium and Heavy armor proficiency.

So, what I need from y'all is some alternative ideas, and some suggestions for future levels.

What's definite:
Psionics
1 level of Elocater, for Scorn Earth
Heavy armor
1-5 levels of Iron Mind
As many manifester levels as possible
Ability scores of 18, 17, 17, 16, 16, and 15.

What's not:
Weapon of choice
Armor
12-20th level
Race, aside from tentatively Elan
Where the ability scores are going.

Help?:smallfrown:
Please?

Illiterate Scribe
2008-05-04, 06:43 PM
They come with a nasty LA (well, 2), but I believe that Karsites gain medium armour proficiency and a bonus feat, together with some other cool stuff (SR, dispelling touch, HP gained from resisted spells).

Still, if this is for Dorizzit's game, it's not an entirely satisfactory option.

wadledo
2008-05-04, 06:47 PM
They come with a nasty LA (well, 2), but I believe that Karsites gain medium armour proficiency and a bonus feat, together with some other cool stuff (SR, dispelling touch, HP gained from resisted spells).

Still, if this is for Dorizzit's game, it's not an entirely satisfactory option.

Exactly.

Stupid psionics not being fulled to the brim with pointless overpowered PrC's

Illiterate Scribe
2008-05-04, 06:53 PM
Aha!

I believe I may have it.

Does Iron Mind require heavy armour proficiency? Because the Clockwork Armour (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cw/20070212a), which one could certainly reimagine as a coffin, has an interesting little clause to it. While being a suit of heavy armour, it doesn't have the normal nonproficiency rules, instead having no penalty if you've got the feat, or a -8 armour check and 90% ASF (neither of which bother you) if you don't. Could that work?

Edit:Curses. It does require the proficiency. :smallfurious: