PDA

View Full Version : Apperently, i have no soul and fate hates me. My experience with Tarot Cards

EvilElitest
2008-05-04, 06:21 PM
Right, so this is a rather funny story

A kid in my class was having a Bat Mitzva (that is the one for girls right?) and invited the whole class over (i'm not jewish) as a group. Now there wasn't much to do at the party, i don't dance, and the food was bad. however there was a targot card reader. Now i'm a very down to earth person by nature, but i thought what the hell, i'll check it out. now first off she was very very weird looking. wearing a sterotypical gypsy headband, along with very old fashion looking leather cloth with creepy goth styled jewelry, i was kinda suspect at the start. To be fair, she was hired at a party, so she could have wore that stuff simply as part of the act, but even so i felt it was rather, um, risque. The cloths were absurdly tight, and the shirt was cut in an extremly revealing fashion. So creepy creepy women. Anyways, i was having my tarrot card read (I think i got the falling towers, death, ten of swords, a few others) and apparently

1) I have no soul. No emotions, nor any care for anything else in the world but myself. I also have no love for anything
2) I am utterly emotionally without morals
3) i will be extremly successful in life
4) i am too passionate for my own good
5) and i am deeply deeply in love with a girl who i annoy, i just don't know it yet. Somehow it will work out fine in the end, which is odd because apparently i'm a sociopath
6) I am jewish (I have a jewish name, so i assume she just guessed)
7) I am against all moral ideals and religion
8) I will some how have some divine importance
9) I can control people through talking and gather followers
10) i'm a ladies man :smallconfused:
11) and spiritually blind
12) oh and i should stop doubting what she has to say, or bad things will happen

So yeah, interesting that

has anyone here had any interesting experiences with these kind of things?
from
EE

Phae Nymna
2008-05-04, 06:44 PM
For Christmas '06 I bought a good friend of mine The Herbal Tarot and we tried it out once at a party in spring '07. We shuffled the cards as best we could and then each person drew a card and placed it face down on a table. The next day we picked up our respective cards and looked them up in the book. One friend got the Queen of something meaning he was cold, whiny, and controlling, which he really is, and I got the Six of Cups/Watermelon which supposedly means I have a prominent inner child. Which I do.

Not all that weird, but sort of surprising at the time.

EvilElitest
2008-05-04, 06:47 PM
For Christmas '06 I bought a good friend of mine The Herbal Tarot and we tried it out once at a party in spring '07. We shuffled the cards as best we could and then each person drew a card and placed it face down on a table. The next day we picked up our respective cards and looked them up in the book. One friend got the Queen of something meaning he was cold, whiny, and controlling, which he really is, and I got the Six of Cups/Watermelon which supposedly means I have a prominent inner child. Which I do.

Not all that weird, but sort of surprising at the time.

hmmm, well you have had better luck that I did

If your right, then i am the true lord of hell with no emotions which i'm very passionate about and i'm deeply in love with somebody i hate who i don't know
from
EE

Jokes
2008-05-04, 07:06 PM
I don't think she shuffled the cards very well.

Did she finish the reading dramatically, then all the candles went out, and when they came back on, she was gone?

Thats the sign of a "real-deal."

EvilElitest
2008-05-04, 07:09 PM
I don't think she shuffled the cards very well.

Did she finish the reading dramatically, then all the candles went out, and when they came back on, she was gone?

Thats the sign of a "real-deal."

1) I shuffled them then handed them to her, and she shuffled them again.
2) well up until her vanishing thing yes, but there was only one candle
3) I though that i had to have a flash back for it to be the real deal
from
EE

Shraik
2008-05-04, 07:09 PM
90% of the fortune cookies I open are relative to a situation going on in my life. The others are ones that tell me I will meet my big cheese and that possesions are good so I should go shopping.

EvilElitest
2008-05-04, 07:11 PM
90% of the fortune cookies I open are relative to a situation going on in my life. The others are ones that tell me I will meet my big cheese and that possesions are good so I should go shopping.

well at leas you have a soul
from
EE

Icewalker
2008-05-04, 07:14 PM
So...crazy, sociopathic, spiritually evil/blind/horrific, and to some extent evil, not to mention a ladies man who will be extremely succesful?

Lycan 01
2008-05-04, 07:17 PM
I don't need cards to tell me that I'm a soulless monster with no remorse... My family and friends don't let me live it down! :smalltongue:

I've never seen or used Tarot Cards before. I don't plan to, either. Its just pictures... Although, does anybody remember that crazy old Tarot Card lady who used to be on early in the morning and stuff? "Trust in da cards, monnn!" was what she would scream, I think. That was always... interesting... to watch.

EvilElitest
2008-05-04, 07:17 PM
I don't need cards to tell me that I'm a soulless monster with no remorse... My family and friends don't let me live it down!

And what else are friends for

So...crazy, sociopathic, spiritually evil/blind/horrific, and to some extent evil, not to mention a ladies man who will be extremely succesful?

yes. I am apparently an egomanical, selfish, socipathic, spiritually corrupt who will make other people follow my blindly while being a ladies man and become successful...

Holy crap i'm Napoleon

But what about the love i don't know...hmmmm
from
EE

Jokes
2008-05-04, 07:28 PM
Any chance a certain birthday girl could have set the whole thing up? She could have told the teller what to say, after all, the cards are irrelevant since you dont know what they mean. She could be the "love."

But I watch too many movies...

EvilElitest
2008-05-04, 07:29 PM
Any chance a certain birthday girl could have set the whole thing up? She could have told the teller what to say, after all, the cards are irrelevant since you dont know what they mean. She could be the "love."

But I watch too many movies...

Not really, i barely know her and she invited the whole class. I also doubt she have this subtly. Nice idea however

Also if she was trying to court me, why would i have no soul?
from
EE

Lycan 01
2008-05-04, 07:35 PM
Maybe she thought you'd find it funny? I find it funny when my GF calls me evil or crazy, and vice versa...

Jokes
2008-05-04, 07:50 PM
Not really, i barely know her and she invited the whole class. I also doubt she have this subtly. Nice idea however

Also if she was trying to court me, why would i have no soul?
from
EE

I think you are underestimating the fairer sex here. :smallamused:Their schemes are Machiavellian through and through.

Why no soul? Maybe to scare you into become a better person. Maybe to scare other women away from you.

I'm going along this line because I don't put much stock in Tarot, and I'm not quite ready to believe you are the anti-christ.

EvilElitest
2008-05-04, 07:54 PM
Maybe she thought you'd find it funny? I find it funny when my GF calls me evil or crazy, and vice versa...

Well i don't know her that well so i kinda doubt that
from
EE

EvilElitest
2008-05-04, 07:58 PM
I think you are underestimating the fairer sex here. :smallamused:Their schemes are Machiavellian through and through.

Ah the nature of girls. But i know so many other more nasty girls. This one was extremly boring and rather humorless

Why no soul? Maybe to scare you into become a better person. Maybe to scare other women away from you.

I'm going along this line because I don't put much stock in Tarot, and I'm not quite ready to believe you are the anti-christ.
Oh come on, i have all of hte qualities
from
EE

skywalker
2008-05-04, 08:04 PM
Right, so this is a rather funny story

A kid in my class was having a Bat Mitzva (that is the one for girls right?) and invited the whole class over (i'm not jewish) as a group.

Okay, so, completely OT, but I had no idea you were young enough to be in a class with a bat mitzva. You seem so much older in your forum personality(this is a compliment).

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Moff Chumley
2008-05-04, 08:09 PM
Oh, I wouldn't know. I know some pretty smart 13 year olds. *Stupid little buggers...*

Also, somehow I knew this would be a EE thread.

Project_Mayhem
2008-05-04, 08:10 PM
Oh come on, i have all of hte qualities

I belive you - only the Antichrist would so frequently mispell the. :smallwink:

Jayngfet
2008-05-04, 08:11 PM
Its funny because it contradicts itself, it's hilarious because it keeps on tripping itself up.

EvilElitest
2008-05-04, 08:17 PM
Okay, so, completely OT, but I had no idea you were young enough to be in a class with a bat mitzva. You seem so much older in your forum personality(this is a compliment).

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Thanks you very much, i'm 16. People always say i'm smart for my age
from
EE

Bob_the_Mighty
2008-05-04, 08:18 PM
So, you have no emotions and care for nothing but yourself, but you're in deeply in love with someone and extrememly passionate? That almost makes sense.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2008-05-04, 08:22 PM
I got five Death cards, I thought there was only meant to be four of a card in each deck, I always thought she looked like the shifty type when I tried a reading.

EvilElitest
2008-05-04, 08:25 PM
Oh, I wouldn't know. I know some pretty smart 13 year olds. *Stupid little buggers...*

Also, somehow I knew this would be a EE thread.

Do i have a particular style?

I belive you - only the Antichrist would so frequently mispell the.
teh is a word

Its funny because it contradicts itself, it's hilarious because it keeps on tripping itself up.

Oh come on, how does it do that /sarcasim

So, you have no emotions and care for nothing but yourself, but you're in deeply in love with someone and extrememly passionate? That almost makes sense.
exactly

from
EE

Project_Mayhem
2008-05-04, 08:26 PM
teh is a word

which is exactly why I consider you the son of satan. Don't be offended - I'm envious.

Icewalker
2008-05-04, 08:26 PM
teh is a word

Ah, but hte is not. :smalltongue:

Myshlaevsky
2008-05-04, 08:33 PM
This thread has a impressively self-deprecating title.

I've been interested in the tarot cards for a while, but more what people have thought about them and their history than any actual powers of prophecy. I take it you didn't take a reading to answer a question, but instead got one focused on yourself?

EDIT: I'll second the post below me, as well. The thought of an 'Immutable Fate' is one that I can't imagine ever accepting.

Trizap
2008-05-04, 08:41 PM
don't listen to Tarot cards, or palm reading, or anything that claims to tell things about you, or your future, they are scams and lies, only you can determine your destiny, you have the power of choice, use it, don't let stupid cards determine who you are, just be yourself, only you can determine who you truly are, not colorful pieces of paper.

MisterSaturnine
2008-05-04, 08:49 PM
I know how to read Tarot, but as others have said, they have no particular power (which I know you know, but bears repeating). Tarot readings should be fun or satisfying. If it's not either, than the person reading probably isn't doing it right.

Also, her suggestion that you should "stop doubting what she has to say, or bad things will happen," is my personal favorite tip-off that she's full of [expletive]. :smallamused:

EvilElitest
2008-05-04, 08:55 PM
which is exactly why I consider you the son of satan. Don't be offended - I'm envious.
Ok i can live with that

hte is another word. It means-the informal

This thread has a impressively self-deprecating title.

yes, thank you

I've been interested in the tarot cards for a while, but more what people have thought about them and their history than any actual powers of prophecy. I take it you didn't take a reading to answer a question, but instead got one focused on yourself?

yes, it didn't work out

EDIT: I'll second the post below me, as well. The thought of an 'Immutable Fate' is one that I can't imagine ever accepting.
Yeah, i've always found this to be an odd concept.

Also, her suggestion that you should "stop doubting what she has to say, or bad things will happen," is my personal favorite tip-off that she's full of [expletive].
also the fact that apperently i'm a sociopath but i'm passionate
from
Ee

Myshlaevsky
2008-05-04, 09:02 PM
To be fair, sociopaths can be extremely passionate.

Just not in a conventional way...

Jae
2008-05-04, 09:06 PM
was rather, um, riskia
"Riskia" as in.. risque..?

I shuffled them then handed them to her, and she shuffled them again.
lol she isnt actually supposed to shuffle again...

only you can determine your destiny, you have the power of choice, use it, don't let stupid cards determine who you are, just be yourself, only you can determine who you truly are, not colorful pieces of paper.
Existentialism ftw.

lol now that ive said that, lemme go ahead and be ironic/contradictory:
I actually love tarot cards. like, seriously. love.
not sure how much i actually believe them but they're the funnest things ever. and yeah usually they're basically right. but i also dont go somewhere and pay for a "reading."

And on the more logical side, I personally dont believe tarot cards to be useless. Being the faithful neojungian that I am, I do trust the symbolism of archetypes in tarot cards. it isnt a reading, but it can be helfpul that in that sense.

EvilElitest
2008-05-04, 09:11 PM
To be fair, sociopaths can be extremely passionate.

Just not in a conventional way...
Right, so is there a girl who i normally fight with a lot, i'm deeply in love with, but i don't know i'm in love with her, or know her personally? :smallconfused:
And i wouldn't consider myself a ladies man, through i do consider myself rather charismatic

"Riskia" as in.. risque..?

Making up words as a go along, changed that however thanks

really? To be fair i might be recalling incorrectly, but i that would explain a lot

i would like to point out this was a free reading, so i didn't lose anything other than the having to acknowledge that the I am the Anti Christ
from
EE

Jae
2008-05-04, 09:16 PM
Making up words as a go along, changed that however thanks
haha i was actually just trying to check if that was a word i didnt know or what. I dont have a very broad vocabulary so it wouldnt suprise me.

really? To be fair i might be recalling incorrectly, but i that would explain a lot
No. I mean, there really is more one way to DO a reading but err the thing about tarot cards is the significance lies in the fact that youre CHOOSING your own cards. so you shuffle, and you take the top however many cards and lay them down (because there can also be "reverse" cards, depending how you place them.)
so, i mean, even though theres more than one way it really would ruin the concept that she would shuffle again, after.

Mewtarthio
2008-05-04, 09:19 PM

Maybe he has no soul now, but he'll get one later, and then he'll fall passionately in love with someone...

...Oh my whatever-quasi-divine-force-the-tarot-taps-into! Evil Elitest is Angel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer!

I got five Death cards, I thought there was only meant to be four of a card in each deck, I always thought she looked like the shifty type when I tried a reading.

Seriously? Have you, by any chance, ever played The Curse of Monkey Island? "Demon! Demon! Leave this place! You will bring sickness and death to all who surround you!"

EDIT: The only tarot reading I've ever done was online. I mentioned the results here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3625958&postcount=20). Sadly, my finals did not involve sex, uphevals, and violence as promised. I really should sue. Let's try again for this year, under similar circumstances:

The top left card represents the first possible outcome. Nine of Swords (Cruelty), when reversed: Mental anguish or ill health endured and overcome. Refusal to be dragged down by the dishonor of others. Attempting to avert a shameful or regrettable act. Faithfulness, patience and unselfishness. May indicate the narrow avoidance of a death or other catastrophic loss.

So far, so good. Everyone likes to overcome bad things, and everyone's got bad things to overcome. Let's see what the alternative is:

The top right card represents the second possible outcome. Four of Pentacles (Power): Cleaving to earthly power in the desperate fear that it will be lost. Making yourself an obstacle to progress due to lack of originality and a desperate fear of change. Believing that security and identity are based primarily on the possession of material things. Coveting things and people. Living in a cloud of suspicion and prejudice.

Ooh, ouch. On the plus side, I like this sort of spread, since it gives you the illusion of choice. It's a whole lot more fun to imagine how it would work out in reality. Right now, I've got to choose between overcoming adversity or being doomed to miserly greed and selfishness, with a healthy dose of paranoia. This would be a lot better if miserly greed and selfishness with a healthy dose of paranoia was a major problem in my life, but I'll not question the fates. Now, let's see how I get to the good stuff:

The middle left card represents the force drawing you towards the first possible outcome. Six of Pentacles (Success), when reversed: Insolence and conceit with material things. Overconfidence, bad investments, and imprudent handing of acquired wealth. Contempt for those less fortunate. Deception and petty disputes driven by greed and envy.

Wow. In order to overcome adversity and avoid becoming a greedy bastard, I must become a greedy bastard. Who would have thought? You know, seeing as I'm damned to selfishness no matter what I choose, I might as well see what short-sighted gain I can go after that will eventually lead me to eternal miserly despair:

The middle right card represents the force drawing you towards the second possible outcome. King of Cups: The essence of water behaving as air, such as a billowing cloud in the blue sky: Great maturity, endless patience, tolerance of other points of view, and a deep knowledge of human nature. One who intuitively knows the strengths of those around him, and gently cultivates them. Remaining calm and relaxed in all situations, and making artful use of diplomacy or a quiet word to resolve conflicts. The ability to listen to what another person is saying, and truly understand what is in their heart. A rewarding partner and a beloved leader.

Sorry? Did you switch the cards or something? It appears that tolerance and maturity is the path to paranoia and failure, while short-sighted greed is the key to confidence and success. My one guess is that it's trying to tell me that, whatever I do, I'll become disillusioned, so I might as well start off bad so I can get an epiphany instead of a cynical shot to the gut. Well, whatever, who am I to question fate? Alright, tarot, what is it that sparks this whole messed-up situation off?

The bottom card represents the critical factor that decides what will come to pass. The Lovers: A caring and trusting relationship. Beauty and inner harmony. A decision calling for emotional control and faithfulness to spiritual values.

Like most important stories involving despair and disillusionment, this one starts with a girl. It's really too bad that I don't have a girlfriend.

Myshlaevsky
2008-05-04, 09:20 PM
I wasn't being specific to your particular case (Nor am I saying you're a sociopath!). Apologies if you considered that I was. Standard procedure for me has always been shuffle and cut three times yourself.

I'll support Jae in that the tarots can be useful in a reflective sense, considered as archetypes. I don't know if you'll have looked into them (I imagine you'll have heard of them), but the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn established an archetypal tarot/myers-briggs link. Just thought I'd mention it, considering your earlier thread. Very hung up on their own mysticism though.

EvilElitest
2008-05-04, 09:21 PM
haha i was actually just trying to check if that was a word i didnt know or what. I dont have a very broad vocabulary so it wouldnt suprise me.

The irony is that i have a huge vocabulary, i just don't have good spelling skills

No. I mean, there really is more one way to DO a reading but err the thing about tarot cards is the significance lies in the fact that youre CHOOSING your own cards. so you shuffle, and you take the top however many cards and lay them down (because there can also be "reverse" cards, depending how you place them.)
so, i mean, even though theres more than one way it really would ruin the concept that she would shuffle again, after.

Ah that makes sense.

still, you have to admit, the irony in my reading is strange because every other person got things like "You will met a true love" or "you are a special flower" not exact quotes but still

Maybe he has no soul now, but he'll get one later, and then he'll fall passionately in love with someone...

...Oh my whatever-quasi-divine-force-the-tarot-taps-into! Evil Elitest is Angel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer
1) well apparently i'm in love with somebody i don't know but fight with a lot?
2) Oh gods, not angel, at least let me be spike, who is actually interesting

I wasn't being specific to your particular case (Nor am I saying you're a sociopath!). Apologies if you considered that I was. Standard procedure for me has always been shuffle and cut three times yourself.

no problem, i was jocking

I'll support Jae in that the tarots can be useful in a reflective sense, considered as archetypes. I don't know if you'll have looked into them (I imagine you'll have heard of them), but the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn established an archetypal tarot/myers-briggs link. Just thought I'd mention it, considering your earlier thread. Very hung up on their own mysticism though.
Wait what earlier thread?
Sound interesting however

from
EE

Myshlaevsky
2008-05-04, 09:23 PM
Sounds like she shuffled the deck to get standard, predetermined readings. Doesn't sound like she was interpreting the cards in the usual way, either.

EvilElitest
2008-05-04, 09:25 PM
Sounds like she shuffled the deck to get standard, predetermined readings. Doesn't sound like she was interpreting the cards in the usual way, either.

Most likly, i mean aren't Tarot normally somewhat happy, not contradicting and sick
from
EE

Myshlaevsky
2008-05-04, 09:29 PM
I don't think you can typify a standard reading. If you take the view that the cards represent Jungian archetypes that, to some extent, embody you or your qualities, the reading could be anything from massively positive to awful. You're supposed to influence the cards to your personal situation or question through shuffling and cutting them. The results then supposedly give you a deeper insight, or merit contemplation. A normal reading would probably entail a mix of good or bad. If you take it that the cards are 'fixed' by you, then it would depend entirely on you at that time.

EDIT: Note the 'ifs' in above post. I'm not putting forward this view as absolute, nor do I see the issue in this way.

EvilElitest
2008-05-04, 09:36 PM
I don't think you can typify a standard reading. If you take the view that the cards represent Jungian archetypes that, to some extent, embody you or your qualities, the reading could be anything from massively positive to awful. You're supposed to influence the cards to your personal situation or question through shuffling and cutting them. The results then supposedly give you a deeper insight, or merit contemplation. A normal reading would probably entail a mix of good or bad. If you take it that the cards are 'fixed' by you, then it would depend entirely on you at that time.

EDIT: Note the 'ifs' in above post. I'm not putting forward this view as absolute, nor do I see the issue in this way.

So ether this person is a hack, or i'm the anti christ
however your right, the ifs do make a difference

from
EE

ForzaFiori
2008-05-04, 09:40 PM
Right, so is there a girl who i normally fight with a lot, i'm deeply in love with, but i don't know i'm in love with her, or know her personally? :smallconfused:
And i wouldn't consider myself a ladies man, through i do consider myself rather charismatic

Well, Sociopaths are supposed to be charismatic. comes from the internal belief that they're always right and are above others, gives them something special.

EvilElitest
2008-05-04, 09:43 PM
Well, Sociopaths are supposed to be charismatic. comes from the internal belief that they're always right and are above others, gives them something special.

does that makes them actually charismatic or just act like their charismatic is that like same with narcissists?
from
EE

Myshlaevsky
2008-05-04, 09:45 PM
So ether this person is a hack, or i'm the anti christ
however your right, the ifs do make a difference

from
EE

Even if you do define the cards in this way, there's still a tremendous variation. I suspect this person is a hack, but even if you were looking at the personal influence or use of the tarots for reflection, there are so many personal variables that it couldn't be simply defined as "I'm the anti-christ".

And yeah, I wanted to emphasise the "Ifs" so as not to cause offense with what is a logical extension of my post.

EDIT: I take it we are recognising a difference between sociopaths and psychopaths here - which is why what the tarot reader said was very wierd to me, anyway. Sociopaths are often noted as being exceptionally charismatic, able to convince people of things even when all evidence points to the contrary. It's a relatively easy (and interesting) subject to read up on.

EvilElitest
2008-05-04, 09:50 PM
Even if you do define the cards in this way, there's still a tremendous variation. I suspect this person is a hack, but even if you were looking at the personal influence or use of the tarots for reflection, there are so many personal variables that it couldn't be simply defined as "I'm the anti-christ".

And yeah, I wanted to emphasise the "Ifs" so as not to cause offense with what is a logical extension of my post.

EDIT: I take it we are recognising a difference between sociopaths and psychopaths here - which is why what the tarot reader said was very wierd to me, anyway. Sociopaths are often noted as being exceptionally charismatic, able to convince people of things even when all evidence points to the contrary. It's a relatively easy (and interesting) subject to read up on.
Oh i wrote a report of Sociopaths and narcissists so i know a bit about them. I know i am a very charismatic person and i know i'm not a psychopath, but i don't think i'm the other ones

would people on this board say so (other than Rutee) :smallwink:
from
EE

Mr. Scaly
2008-05-04, 10:24 PM
Forget Napoleon, I think it makes you sound more like Fuhrer Bradley!

-No soul: homunculus.
-Without morals: the guy starts wars and massacres so more can be started later.
-Extremely successful in life: yeah, the title Fuhrer says it all.
-Too Passionate for your own good: a bit iffy here, but he really seemed to believe in Dante's schemes, more than most of the other homunculii.
-Deeply in love with a girl he annoys: Envy. It looks like a girl most of the time anyway.
-Am Jewish: who says he's not?
-Against all moral ideas and religion: starts massacres against religious people.
-Will somehow have some divine importance: talked about how he was the right hand of God or something like that.
-Control people through talking and gather followers: historically speaking, Fuhrers have proven very good at that.
-A ladies' man: chicks dig the eye patch.
-Spiritually blind: he THINKS he's the right hand of God.
-Should stop doubting: hang those who disbelieve!

Long live Fuhrer EE!

EvilElitest
2008-05-04, 10:29 PM
Forget Napoleon, I think it makes you sound more like Fuhrer Bradley!

Aren't they one and the same?
But being Bredely is the most awesome to be

-No soul: homunculus.
-Without morals: the guy starts wars and massacres so more can be started later.
-Extremely successful in life: yeah, the title Fuhrer says it all.
Wow, that actually makes perfect sense

-Too Passionate for your own good: a bit iffy here, but he really seemed to believe in Dante's schemes, more than most of the other homunculii.
And in the manga he is very much like

-Deeply in love with a girl he annoys: Envy. It looks like a girl most of the time anyway.
Ummm, i'm a little iffy on this one actually. I think this one would be Josephine from real life. I can mix dicators

-Am Jewish: who says he's not?
In the movie he is actually

-Against all moral ideas and religion: starts massacres against religious people.
-Will somehow have some divine importance: talked about how he was the right hand of God or something like that.
-Control people through talking and gather followers: historically speaking, Fuhrers have proven very good at that.
It makes sense

-A ladies' man: chicks dig the eye patch.
-Spiritually blind: he THINKS he's the right hand of God.
-Should stop doubting: hang those who disbelieve!
Ok, i officially need a new avater soon because that was simply so cool

Long live Fuhrer EE!

power to the nation
can i sig this

from
EE

EvilElitest
2008-05-04, 10:32 PM
hmmmmm, i can't decide on my avater. I like Bradly and Napoleon
from
EE

Mr. Scaly
2008-05-04, 10:43 PM
can i sig this

from
EE

Heh. Be my guest.

Hmm...Bradpoleon? No, not the same ring to it.

EvilElitest
2008-05-04, 10:45 PM
Heh. Be my guest.

Hmm...Bradpoleon? No, not the same ring to it.

I have like four images i like, and i can't decied
Check out that thread i made on it
What would be great if i had stick figures of them
from
EE
Edit
Oh wait, it got closed, ok arts and crafts
I'll stick with napleon for now

Mewtarthio
2008-05-05, 01:48 AM
You know, it occurs to me that the tarot could be extremely useful for DMs suffering from writer's block. Just do a tarot reading for a vaguely-defined NPC, try to build him from there, and see if it inspires you at all.

Badgerish
2008-05-05, 04:49 AM
I've had something minor but related to this.

I'm 20/21, englishman living in Brussels for a time. I go out to get some lunch and just after i've bought my sandwich, i'm approached by two Indian men (50s-60s?, nice suits)

random stranger(rs): You have a lucky face.
me: err, what?
rs: I said you have a lucky face <smiles> I would like to read your palm for you.
me: no thank you <looks at him like he's a freak>
rs: I could read your palm, tell your future. You could be very lucky.
me: no thanks <leaves>

I'm a very private person (apparently with a lucky face, still waiting for that to kick in) so getting stopped in the street by people i've never met before who want to read my palm was... disturbing

Mx.Silver
2008-05-05, 05:12 AM
has anyone here had any interesting experiences with these kind of things?
from
EE

Well, I watched The Vision of Escaflowne four times, that has Tarot cards right? Of course, there they actually work and aren't just a blatant charade with no predictive ability whatsoever.

Anyway from reading your results I would make two predictions about you personally.
1: you aren't a believer in the cards
2: she was aware of this, possibly from something you said or how you behaved (point 12 would back this up)

The others are just the usual crowd-pleaser claptrap, or the hopelessly vague ones (if anyone has ever been in love with someone who never annoyed them at all, I'll be pretty damn amazed). The antichrist vibe is kind of amusing. I'd try and exploit it if you can.

Fri
2008-05-05, 05:40 AM
I've had something minor but related to this.

I'm 20/21, englishman living in Brussels for a time. I go out to get some lunch and just after i've bought my sandwich, i'm approached by two Indian men (50s-60s?, nice suits)

random stranger(rs): You have a lucky face.
me: err, what?
rs: I said you have a lucky face <smiles> I would like to read your palm for you.
me: no thank you <looks at him like he's a freak>
rs: I could read your palm, tell your future. You could be very lucky.
me: no thanks <leaves>

I'm a very private person (apparently with a lucky face, still waiting for that to kick in) so getting stopped in the street by people i've never met before who want to read my palm was... disturbing

Well, it's your loss. I guess you're the normal guy who's supposed to be the mystical hinduish chosen one who must embark on a special journey to find some sort of special fish or something, and then got enlightment and preserving the balance in the world at the mean time.

But you refused the call.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-05-05, 05:48 AM

Fortune cookies are always correct, the true ones I mean.

poleboy
2008-05-05, 05:56 AM
Everyone wants to be special. A tarot reading is customized to make you feel special. When someone makes you feel special, you view that person in a more positive light, thus caring less that you just wasted money to have someone tell you that you're special.

As for EE's freaky reading: Since this was at a private party, I'm thinking there's a good chance that the reader had already been paid to do the readings. So maybe she decided to just mess with you for fun, since she didn't have to appeal to your ego to scam you for money.

Tempest Fennac
2008-05-05, 06:37 AM
I've tried some free online readings, but I'm not sure how accurae they were (they were all pretty much the same). How accurate would you say the reading was, EE?

Warshrike
2008-05-05, 06:46 AM
I use the MSN Astrobot and, according to it, I get a new girlfriend every three days... Well, I've only ever had one girl, and that was 1 and a half years ago. Electric cards lie :(

Also, a bit of an advert that I apologise, but guess what mobile phone service had a popup attack me as I opened page two of this thread??
http://www.knowurfuture.com/tarot04/

Tengu
2008-05-05, 08:33 AM
5) and i am deeply deeply in love with a girl who i annoy, i just don't know it yet. Somehow it will work out fine in the end, which is odd because apparently i'm a sociopath

Woo, I know this is about Rutee.

InaVegt
2008-05-05, 08:47 AM
I use the MSN Astrobot and, according to it, I get a new girlfriend every three days... Well, I've only ever had one girl, and that was 1 and a half years ago. Electric cards lie :(

Also, a bit of an advert that I apologise, but guess what mobile phone service had a popup attack me as I opened page two of this thread??
http://www.knowurfuture.com/tarot04/

You should check your computer for spyware.

Telonius
2008-05-05, 09:32 AM
Heh. Okay, you got a really silly reader. No way she actually knew what she's doing. Tarot cards are supposed to be a meditation aid - basically, psychology as it was practiced hundreds of years ago. The images are supposed to bring certain things to mind, not dictate things to you. They don't determine your future. They just show you the path you're travelling. A really good reader will spend as much time listening to you as telling you what it means.

The "fate hates me" read is probably due to the ten of swords. In that card, a person is lying on the ground, pierced by ten swords in his back. But that's not normally supposed to be an external thing, but an internal. Have you felt betrayed, or that you've been unfairly treated recently? It's the card of martyrdom - as in, do you feel that you've been victimized?

The Tower represents a moment of realization. The inhabitants of the tower are rich - one is wearing a crown, a proud king of all he surveyed. But something has destroyed this work. (Think of the poem, Ozymandias, or of the first few verses of the book of Ecclesiastes). All of your previous beliefs about something (not necessarily religion, though it often is) have come crashing down. It's an important step on the road to enlightenment, but not an easy one. (This is probably where she was getting "against all moral ideas.") Have you been moving to that kind of a realization?

As for Death, it *almost* never means actual, physical death. (If a reader ever tries to scare you with the Death card, you will know they are a fraud). It means an ending, a break, something final. You've burned your bridges, and there's no going back. Does this sound familiar to something you're going through?

Anyway, that's my absolutely amateur read on it, hope it helps.

Fri
2008-05-05, 12:25 PM
Woo, I know this is about *****.

Shush! We know that, but it's supposed to be hush hush. At least spoilerize + whitefy that. People may ship, but the concerned party supposed to be in denial/can't figure it out.

EvilElitest
2008-05-05, 02:23 PM
I will say, being Fuhrer is awesome

Well, I watched The Vision of Escaflowne four times, that has Tarot cards right? Of course, there they actually work and aren't just a blatant charade with no predictive ability whatsoever.

I've never seen it actually, so......

Anyway from reading your results I would make two predictions about you personally.
1: you aren't a believer in the cards
2: she was aware of this, possibly from something you said or how you behaved (point 12 would back this up)
1) i'm a very strong cynic
2) you know, come to think about it, i was looking through her palm reading book. And apperently, um, i think it was people with big hands are shy, or something like that, big thumb maybe (sorry to any professional palm readers)
And i'm ceratainly not shy, so i expressed skepticalism

I will have to say, i certainly must be a very unique person to get the anti christ powers

[QUOTE]How accurate would you say the reading was, EE?

Ironically, i suppose you could make an argument
1) People often say i'm rather callus. I don't think it is true, but i admit to being cold
2) I am rather cynical and cold, so it might be something there
3) we all know this will be true, when i publish 5E
4) I know this is true, through it doesn't match with number 1-2
5) This one just doesn't make sense
6) i have a jewish name, but i'm not jewish
7) I love to argue the devils advocate
8) I can live through that
9) I am very chrismatic when speaking, but not a mind controller
10) I don't get this one, i'm not a particularly sexy person
11) Um, i'm an atheist?
12) Yeah.........

Woo, I know this is about Rutee.
wait what?!. You sick bastard. Why!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Doesn't Rutee hate me? Oh wait.........

Shush! We know that, but it's supposed to be hush hush. At least spoilerize + whitefy that. People may ship, but the concerned party supposed to be in denial/can't figure it out.
What are you people talking about? What gate:smallconfused:
hmmmm, i wonder what Rutee is thinking about this
from
EE

Jae
2008-05-05, 06:01 PM
Most likly, i mean aren't Tarot normally somewhat happy, not contradicting and sick
although most of my readings arent contradictory, they are NOTTT somewhat happy.
lol for the last like three weeks all ive gotten was stuff like "things are going to end in an unhappy way."
uhhh. thnx for telling me what i basically already know?! :smallfurious:
and then sometimes it'll add things like "due to outside forces." lol k. now its bad ANDDD out of my control.

You're supposed to influence the cards to your personal situation or question through shuffling and cutting them. The results then supposedly give you a deeper insight, or merit contemplation. A normal reading would probably entail a mix of good or bad. If you take it that the cards are 'fixed' by you, then it would depend entirely on you at that time.
Basically, exactly that.

EvilElitest
2008-05-05, 06:42 PM
So i'm not the only one with negative readings? Thats kinda nice to know
from
EE

Myshlaevsky
2008-05-05, 06:42 PM
Out of interest, Jae, what spread(s) have you used when you've taken a reading?

Jae
2008-05-05, 06:46 PM
Simplest kind, three-card. I usually dont have time for a too in depth reading so yeah. Usually stick with that.

EvilElitest
2008-05-05, 06:49 PM
So does anyone think that my reading had any sort of meaning at all?
from
EE

Myshlaevsky
2008-05-05, 06:56 PM
I'm assuming past/present/future?

Whatever meaning it had to you is all the meaning I would attribute to it (or any tarot reading). It sounds like it was a stunt, anyway.

Actually, though, it's all true and fate will make you dance like a puppet on a string. It's the hate, see?

EvilElitest
2008-05-05, 06:58 PM
I'm assuming past/present/future?

Whatever meaning it had to you is all the meaning I would attribute to it (or any tarot reading). It sounds like it was a stunt, anyway.

I wonder if a possible interpretation could be made
from
EE

Myshlaevsky
2008-05-05, 07:10 PM
Well, like someone said:

Death usually signifies change through the definite end of something, The Tower usually signifies the ruin or destruction of an endevour, and The Ten of Swords usually signifies bondage, suppression and lack of hope (but these things are nearing their end). It can also indicate nightmares or troubled thoughts. There is nearly always a positive side, however muted, to every card.

Sequinox
2008-05-05, 07:25 PM
My uncle got his fortune read a couple years ago, and the fortune teller predicted that...

he would never win the lottery.

That was a safe prediction.

EvilElitest
2008-05-05, 07:45 PM
My uncle got his fortune read a couple years ago, and the fortune teller predicted that...

he would never win the lottery.

That was a safe prediction.

.......wow, that is pretty impressive there

Sharikov i suppose that could work, but i'm wondering if the 12 points she made could somehow mean something
from
EE

Jae
2008-05-05, 07:52 PM
Yes, past present future.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-05-05, 08:44 PM
Well lets run through a checklist of how much of this can apply to me personally.

1) I have no soul. No emotions, nor any care for anything else in the world but myself. I also have no love for anything Yes
2) I am utterly emotionally without moralsYes
3) i will be extremly successful in life
4) i am too passionate for my own good
6) I am jewish (I have a jewish name, so i assume she just guessed)
7) I am against all moral ideals and religionYes
8) I will some how have some divine importance
9) I can control people through talking and gather followersYes (Or at least I hope so.) :smalltongue:
10) i'm a ladies man :smallconfused:
11) and spiritually blindYes
12) oh and i should stop doubting what she has to say, or bad things will happen

You still didn't have the cards tell you that death (physically, mentally, spiritually, or emotionally. It didn't specify) was in your near future BEFORE you could be successful. :smalltongue: I win.

EvilElitest
2008-05-05, 08:56 PM
Well lets run through a checklist of how much of this can apply to me personally.

1) Interesting there
2) Rather shocking
7) rather interesting idea
9) we shall see
10) ah a clue
11) you seem to be a very bad person.
Which is awsome

You still didn't have the cards tell you that death (physically, mentally, spiritually, or emotionally. It didn't specify) was in your near future BEFORE you could be successful. :smalltongue: I win.
Thats a good point actually
from
EE

Callos_DeTerran
2008-05-05, 09:05 PM
1) Interesting there
2) Rather shocking
7) rather interesting idea
9) we shall see
10) ah a clue
11) you seem to be a very bad person.
Which is awsome

Er...thats odd cause everyone else tells me that I am a horrible person and that it's a bad thing. :smalltongue: Though considering the cards for you I don't know if you telling me I'm awesome is a good thing either.

Mr. Scaly
2008-05-05, 09:07 PM
Hehe. I haven't really believed in tarot cards since my friend predicted I would die 'a terrible, terrible death.' Those exact words.

EvilElitest
2008-05-05, 09:11 PM
Er...thats odd cause everyone else tells me that I am a horrible person and that it's a bad thing. :smalltongue: Though considering the cards for you I don't know if you telling me I'm awesome is a good thing either.

Its a matter of perspective

Mr. Scaly, you better hope they are wrong. I pray for you
from
EE

JoshuaZ
2008-05-05, 09:24 PM
Oh, this triggers lots of rants. I'll try to make them short and more or less in order:

1) The use of tarot cards at a Bat Mitzvah demonstrates an incredible level of idiocy. I'll leave why this is so as an exercise to the interested reader.

2) It sounds like this reader wasn't even at all skilled. The skilled ones at least use cold reading (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading).

3) To the people remembering when fortune cookies or tarot cards have worked. This is confirmation bias of a classical form. Humans remember the hits and forget the misses.

Now all of that said there's a stunt I've always wanted to pull if I were a professional tarot reader. Have someone shuffle up the cards, then spread them out, look at them. Pause. Look up at the person. Sweep the cards back into the pile and say "You are not in the cards"(or some similar phrase) and give the person back their money. Guaranteed to creep pretty much anyone out.

Myshlaevsky
2008-05-05, 09:28 PM
3) To the people remembering when fortune cookies or tarot cards have worked. This is confirmation bias of a classical form. Humans remember the hits and forget the misses.

Quoted for truth.

Jae
2008-05-05, 09:39 PM
Completely disagree.

It's human nature to criticize what proves truthful beyond all belief, and disregard all else as luck. (in this particular thing)
In general, people build themselves almost entirely off mistakes and fears anymore. So, each miss is nearly embedded as "this is why i cannot _____ anymore, it hurts." The hits are forgotten so simply that all we can do is complain anymore.

(slightly off-topic)

BillsBioBlog
2008-05-05, 09:42 PM
Try having fortune cookies be eerily accurate about your hopes and dreams...

yeah... that's a whole lot of creepy right there

Myshlaevsky
2008-05-05, 09:57 PM
Completely disagree.

It's human nature to criticize what proves truthful beyond all belief, and disregard all else as luck. (in this particular thing)
In general, people build themselves almost entirely off mistakes and fears anymore. So, each miss is nearly embedded as "this is why i cannot _____ anymore, it hurts." The hits are forgotten so simply that all we can do is complain anymore.

(slightly off-topic)

I was going to disagree here, but I didn't notice the generalisation.

Confirmation bias still effects the tarots, though, at least in my experience. There's also the fact that broad archetypes are easily applied to situational issues.

EDIT: I suspect that denial and criticism will be the outward reaction, but that the inward reaction will differ. You'd need a proper experimental setup to test this out, though.

JoshuaZ
2008-05-05, 10:51 PM

Confirmation bias still effects the tarots, though, at least in my experience. There's also the fact that broad archetypes are easily applied to situational issues.

EDIT: I suspect that denial and criticism will be the outward reaction, but that the inward reaction will differ. You'd need a proper experimental setup to test this out, though.

Such studies have been done. Humans consistently use the availability heuristic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Availability_heuristic) which makes people likely to exactly this. People do in fact remember the hits that seem extreme and they stand out precisely because they are the extreme ones. The others fade into the background data.

Myshlaevsky
2008-05-05, 10:56 PM
I don't know if you are referring specifically to the tarot, but I said that mainly because I had no results at hand and no way of accessing them.

Thanks for the link to the availability heuristic as well. It's something I'd always been aware of (though I hadn't previously thought about it in the context of statistical credence) but never put a name to.

dragoncmd
2008-05-05, 11:05 PM
I told myself I would post before I got on the forums (I'm supposed to be doing my calc homework) but I couldn't resist. This thread is just too funny.

Wouldn't that make it her fortune thats being told?

Telonius
2008-05-06, 09:10 AM

Like I said - psychology as it was practiced hundreds of years ago. People adapt it to their own circumstances. It's fortune telling - because the person being read has already chosen their path. The Tarot cards just help them become aware of it. It's a useful illusion, if you approach it correctly.

Myshlaevsky
2008-05-06, 11:40 AM
I didn't dispute your earlier statement. I personally use the cards to determine how the archetypes present in them could be applied to my current situation - as a meditative or thought aid, pretty much as you say.

Mewtarthio
2008-05-06, 02:45 PM
Sort of like flipping a coin before making a decision, just to see how you react to the results? Or am I the only person who does that?

JoshuaZ
2008-05-06, 03:26 PM
Sort of like flipping a coin before making a decision, just to see how you react to the results? Or am I the only person who does that?

I don't do that but my impression is that it isn't an uncommon practice.

Steven the Lich
2008-05-06, 03:33 PM
If there are two things I see here which are especially suspicious of these so-called "predictions" is

6) I am jewish (I have a jewish name, so i assume she just guessed) That just seems like a huge mistake to predict. Did she actually say that? You should have corrected her if so, because that would've created an awkward situation for her.

12) oh and i should stop doubting what she has to say, or bad things will happen That seems more like a threat... Further reason for us to believe she is no real teller.

I also have no love for anything
Yet....

5) and i am deeply deeply in love with a girl who i annoy, i just don't know it yet. Somehow it will work out fine in the end, which is odd because apparently i'm a sociopath and...

10) i'm a ladies man
:smalleek: Am I the only one who see's something wrong with that?
Also, you are against all moral ideas and religions, but your jewish (according to predictions), and you will have some divine improtance. All that rolled up into a pack is incredibly weird and makes no sense.

My view... fraud of a fortune teller. Only a little of that stuff is true (Like the talking ability, to get those followers [But she could very well be a member of this board, and we don't know it])

Jae
2008-05-06, 05:39 PM
I HAD A READING TODAY its exciting! because its not all bad!!!!!!!!!
FOR ONCE IN WEEKS!

Past: A fair-haired youth's instability will cause a misunderstanding.

Present: You are unhappy in a current situation.

Future: Love and friendship will prevail through trial

eeeeeeeek!!!!!!!!! I WILL HAVE FRIENDS!
okay that is not what i meant but you get the picture. supposedly i have something to look forward to after a long line of not-so-fun things.

Mr. Scaly
2008-05-06, 06:41 PM
EE, naw that friend is/was known for ripping off comedy routines, The Simpsons, Who's Line Is It Anyway? and claiming they were his own work. So I'm not too worried.

SMEE
2008-05-06, 08:03 PM

Guybrush: Aha! Five-of-a-kind. Not even you can beat five-of-a-kind.
King Andre: You're right Mr. Threepwood. But, the question is: Can you beat a pair?

Sorry... it had to be done. :smalltongue:

Tengu
2008-05-06, 08:12 PM
That seems more like a threat... Further reason for us to believe she is no real teller.

I thought that point 12 was about Rutee the girl from point 5...

Mewtarthio
2008-05-06, 09:29 PM
Guybrush: Aha! Five-of-a-kind. Not even you can beat five-of-a-kind.
King Andre: You're right Mr. Threepwood. But, the question is: Can you beat a pair?

You left off the punchline!

"You are correct, Mister Threepwood. We cannot beat five-of-a-kind. The question remains, however, whether or not you can beat a pair."
"A pair?"
*click* "A pair of murderous smugglers."

EvilElitest
2008-05-06, 10:15 PM
I told myself I would post before I got on the forums (I'm supposed to be doing my calc homework) but I couldn't resist. This thread is just too funny.

Wouldn't that make it her fortune thats being told?

Dude, you linked to this thread in your sig. That is simply put so......cool, that is just damn cool thanks

That just seems like a huge mistake to predict. Did she actually say that? You should have corrected her if so, because that would've created an awkward situation for her.
I was at a school with a jewish majority, at a Bats Mizah and i have a Jewish name, so i think she just made a guess. However when i commented i wasn't jewish, she simply said i shall discover my own nature soon.........did she mean Jewish the religion or Jewish the ethnic group?:smallconfused:

That seems more like a threat... Further reason for us to believe she is no real teller.
I think her exact words is that if i don't open my self up to believing, i will only suffer in the future

Yet....
Quote:
and...
um........i really can't say.

Am I the only one who see's something wrong with that?

Me as a ladies man.

Also, you are against all moral ideas and religions, but your jewish (according to predictions), and you will have some divine improtance. All that rolled up into a pack is incredibly weird and makes no sense.

.....yeah. Um, maybe i will become part of the Jewish community in isreal after i become the Fuhrer of Europe. I don't know

My view... fraud of a fortune teller. Only a little of that stuff is true (Like the talking ability, to get those followers [But she could very well be a member of this board, and we don't know it])
she is Rutee. Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

EE, naw that friend is/was known for ripping off comedy routines, The Simpsons, Who's Line Is It Anyway? and claiming they were his own work. So I'm not too worried.

Oh that is good, because if you die horrible, i will be sad

I thought that point 12 was about Rutee the girl from point 5..

Stop it i don't love Rutee. I still don't get how you people come up with such absurd ideas. I have strong passionate feelings that often make my blood boils and me to no longer think clearing, often to the point of obsession, where i go for days while i think about what she is doing and thinking. That isn't love that is hatred. When you in love with somebody, do you find every excuse you can to try to learn more about the person in question, try your best to seek their attention and obsess over them. what else could it be if not love

Not that obess, ok damnit Tengu, it was one freaking dream. In an innocent context. Shut up about that

from
EE

Tengu
2008-05-06, 10:55 PM
I don't let reality get into the way of my ship.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-05-06, 11:06 PM
Why do I sense so much more funny to the RuteexEE ship then I was previously lead to believe? :smalltongue:

Tengu
2008-05-06, 11:26 PM
Because it's endlessly amusing? For everyone apart from the parties in question at least, but hey - I'm not them! Feel free to join, the banner is in my sig. Which reminds me I must update it, Rutee is probably the only person here who changes avatars more often than me.

Fri
2008-05-07, 01:36 AM
Join the club, Callos :D

And oh, Tengu. It seems that EE is also in the process of changing his avatar. Wait for a bit.

Actually, as a freelance journalist, I've made an article about dream from science and pscychological pov, but it's in my native language and it's just too much of a hassle to translate it (have you tried to translate a pseudo-science article by yourself?) so sadly, I can't give you the link.

But the main synopsis is, yes dream can be 'read' from psychological perspective, but the only one that can read it is the dreamer himself. Even psychiatrist can only help.

Same with tarot card. I don't really believe in the 'predicting the future' mumbo jumbo, but from a psychological pov, you can use it to read your inner self, what do you see from those pictures. Actually, ALL picture on the card is about you.So in my opinion, Tarot reading is only valid if YOU yourself read it.

Also, I used to dreamt a lot about people I barely know. Some of it are in highly absurd setting and plots. But I 'read' it and it actually make sense.

Felixaar
2008-05-07, 06:19 AM
Well, from what I know of you, EE, most of that seems fairly unlikely. Course I know admittedly little.

I bought a deck of Tarot cards when I was younger (oh, those were the days) but never learned to properly read them. I've always thought that it's impossible to really read the things in a specific way each time, that the cards mean something different to each person and draw different emotions and thus different conclusions each time they are read.

Which in the end sort of suggests that the cards themselves are just a tool, that anything could really be used, like dice or just throwing a bunch of leaves into the air and seeing how they land.

I still wouldnt go betting the company payroll if they landed like a dollar sign, but hey, whatever.

(Interestingly, cards like the lovers or such always seem to come after the death card for me. Help.)

EvilElitest
2008-05-07, 10:23 AM
I don't let reality get into the way of my ship.

As i said i don't love Rutee, i just spend most of my waking hours thinking about her (only one damn dream, shut up). How is that love?

Why do I sense so much more funny to the RuteexEE ship then I was previously lead to believe?
oh please, no. I beg of you, don't do the evil thing and sig it.....wait

Because it's endlessly amusing? For everyone apart from the parties in question at least, but hey - I'm not them! Feel free to join, the banner is in my sig. Which reminds me I must update it, Rutee is probably the only person here who changes avatars more often than me.
1) Yeah, her avater changing actually annoys me, because there doesn't seem to be any pattern/reason to it. Yours are all disturbing and um, unique
2) Why don't you egg her on the same way you do me?

Fri, what country do you come from by the way?
from
EE

JoshuaZ
2008-05-07, 11:03 AM
Dude, you linked to this thread in your sig. That is simply put so......cool, that is just damn cool thanks

I was at a school with a jewish majority, at a Bats Mizah and i have a Jewish name, so i think she just made a guess. However when i commented i wasn't jewish, she simply said i shall discover my own nature soon.........did she mean Jewish the religion or Jewish the ethnic group?:smallconfused:

Well, there are many different meanings to the word "Jewish" (and to discuss them in any significant detail would likely not be acceptable in this forum). But it seems to me to be pretty clear - she meant whatever might occur in the future to make it as broad as possible (people classically remember hits as more specific than they were and also once they have a hit don't think about how many other ways it could be interpreted). This is related to a standard trick that a lot of psychics and others do where when they get an obvious non-hit is to claim that the person got it wrong or needs to think about it more. Note that she didn't say initially "you will realize you are Jewish"- she only made the claim after you said you weren't.

I think her exact words is that if i don't open my self up to believing, i will only suffer in the future

um........i really can't say.

Yeah, stop being a reasonable, skeptical critical thinker or you will suffer. Threats for not believing in something are so rational.

Mr. Scaly
2008-05-07, 11:58 AM
I'm about as worried of tarot death as I am that the predictions will come true and the world will end this month. Which is to say not at all.

Hey universe! Still 24 more days to prove me wrong!

Hmm...I need to figure out how to sig pictures and fiddle with avatars.

EvilElitest
2008-05-07, 01:51 PM
Well, there are many different meanings to the word "Jewish" (and to discuss them in any significant detail would likely not be acceptable in this forum). But it seems to me to be pretty clear - she meant whatever might occur in the future to make it as broad as possible (people classically remember hits as more specific than they were and also once they have a hit don't think about how many other ways it could be interpreted). This is related to a standard trick that a lot of psychics and others do where when they get an obvious non-hit is to claim that the person got it wrong or needs to think about it more. Note that she didn't say initially "you will realize you are Jewish"- she only made the claim after you said you weren't.

1) Yeah she most likely assumed because of my name. I think the exact words she said was i was going to come to terms with my Jewish Heritage.
2) Heh, it seems like badly done cold reading, through i'm most likely not the type to fall victim to that

Yeah, stop being a reasonable, skeptical critical thinker or you will suffer. Threats for not believing in something are so rational.
Exactly. I should simply take her world for granted and recommend her skills to all of my friends

And Mr. Scaly, what do you need? Just use edit sig or edit options for your sig or avater. i'd suggest one of pride
from
EE

Mr. Scaly
2008-05-09, 07:57 AM
Ah, the obvious answer. Now to find some stuff...

EvilElitest
2008-05-09, 08:52 AM
Ah, the obvious answer. Now to find some stuff...

Dude, the Furher. Its perfect for you
from
EE