PDA

View Full Version : What would the world be like if Xykon ruled it?

paladinofshojo
2008-05-04, 08:56 PM
Just wondering, since I don't think that Xykon even understands politics, economics, or even military to become a sufficient world leader, but if Xykon ruled the world what do you guys think it will be like?

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-05-04, 09:06 PM
Violent, brutish, nasty and short.

Since Xykon doesn't seem to understand politics, economics or anything else related to actually ruling the world, things will go downhill very quickly. Which would entertain Xykon greatly!

Remirach
2008-05-04, 09:31 PM
I think he'd want to keep things up and running enough to provide him with a constant source of entertainment, so he might delegate the more "boring" tasks to other minions. Of course, he'd execute these other minions on a whim (or for infractions like misspellings...) so there would be an ever-changing roster of underlings with different ideas as to how things should be done.

Extremely chaotic and generally inefficient, but highly amusing. To him.

David Argall
2008-05-04, 09:51 PM
If we are really optimistic, he could be an excellent ruler, or rather non-ruler. Xykon bores easily and thus he will "neglect" most of the duties of government, which includes a great deal of government getting in our way. We can expect Xykon to kill a couple of thousand a year, but it is not hard to find government regulations that kill a good deal more than that. Do the math and he could save a net of tens of thousands of lives.

Of course, that is assuming a good deal. We might assume Xykon would prevent any war unless he could watch the killing, but we can also assume he orders wars to happen so he can watch the killing. There is no automatic assurance which will be larger.

Xykon is only one person, and one person, no matter how powerful, can only do so much. But we have to assume Xykon will have underlings, and they can multiply his damage.
But how many underlings will he have? He has completely run out of underlings a time or two and not really noticed. So we could still end up with all his crimes being against the unlucky few who get close to him and the world in general better off, even if despite his efforts.

Remirach
2008-05-04, 11:04 PM
Jeez, and to think that my first impulse to the OP was to reply "imagine that Hurricane Katrina happened every single day" and rejected that for being too innately political.

Evil and stupid government regulations are exactly the kind Xykon'd opt to KEEP.

DBJack
2008-05-04, 11:57 PM
I think there would be a lot of wars for Xykon to watch, and maybe many slave arenas. Overall, it wouldn't be a terribly peaceful time.

I agree that Xykon would have underlings lead his armies, just as Redcloak is with the hobgoblins in the azure city. Xykon doesn't know, or doesn't care what Redcloak is doing, as long as everything works out.

NikkTheTrick
2008-05-05, 12:01 AM
Given chaotic nature of Xykon, it is very hard to describe. the closest I can get is "hilarious and wrong".

The Extinguisher
2008-05-05, 12:43 AM
You know the Kefka's World of Ruin if FFVI, right? Something like that, except much, much more hillarious.

And if you didn't know, sorry for the spoilers.

Kato
2008-05-05, 01:04 AM
Hm... it'd probably be... like... Dunno. I can't think of a whole world of good aligned slaves under evil creatures. (which would be the result, cause Xykon would probably just sit in his throne room and watch whatever spectacle he wants on his wide screen scrying thingie. RC'd take most of the responsibility, or more probable some undead with some brain (zombie?) It wouldn't be a nive or funny place, I think... You might be afraid at any moment to be hit by some Ray of Frost, cause his majesty was bored and wanted some entertainment... (and then you might wake up over a giant pot filled with lava and a lave breathing shark...)

lord of kobolds
2008-05-05, 01:27 AM
I would have to say that RC would run things, as xykon is a moron who the the epic ADD feat ten times.