Hero Name: Celtic Crusader
Alternate Identity: Richard McFlannerson
Base of Operations:

Originally: Republic of Ireland
Now: Australia

Power Level: 10
Group Affiliation: No Name Decided Yet
Identity is Secret
First Appearance: Yet to be Played (or, officially: Renaissance Ireland)
Size: Medium
Height: 6 foot something
Weight: 11 stone 4 pounds
Eye Colour: Blue
Hair: Red

STR: 15
DEX: 20
CON: 20
INT: 15
WIS: 18
CHA: 20

Saves:

Damage: 13
Fortitude: 13
Reflex: 14
Will: 7

Defense: 17
Initiative: 15

Hero Points: 5

Base Attack: 10

Melee: 18
Ranged: 20

Feats and Super-Feats:

Attractive
Attack Finnese
Ambidexterity
Expertise
Improved Disarm

Super Powers:

Luck of the Irish (Super Luck): 3 Ranks
Strength Whiskey(Super Strenght w/ Flaw: Device): 5 Ranks
Super Dexterity: 7 Ranks
Celtic Short Sword (Weapon): 4 Rank, +48(?) Lethal Damage.

Skills:

Acrobatics: 12(?)(Ability Mod and Power Mod) + 10 (Ranks) + 3 (Luck bonus)
Bluff: 5 (Ability Mod) + 2 (Ranks) + 3 (Luck bonus) + 3 (Attractive Feat Bonus)
Jump: 2 (Ability Mod) + 3 (Ranks) + 3 (Luck bonus)
Proffesion: Rockstar: 4 (Ability Mod) + 3 (Ranks) + 3 (Luck Bonus)

So, what do you guys think of my new character? I'm running him a Game my Friend is running with a group of 3-5 other players, is there anything I should work on next level to make him that little bit stronger?

SilverSheriff
2008-05-05, 03:31 AM
Thats it? No comments on Flaws? NOTHING?! that either means he's a half-way decent hero, or you just haven't bothered.:mad:

leperkhaun
2008-05-05, 05:15 AM
relax. MM isnt one of the highly played games. It might be a while until someone who has the knowledge of the game to help, is able to check out the psot.

SilverSheriff
2008-05-05, 07:19 AM
relax. MM isnt one of the highly played games. It might be a while until someone who has the knowledge of the game to help, is able to check out the psot.

I'm amazed, because its a pretty simple system if you know any of the other D20 systems, it makes it especially easy to make characters since its point-buy for everything...:biggrin:

Tsotha-lanti
2008-05-05, 07:50 AM
Which edition is this? 1st?

leden
2008-05-05, 05:19 PM
If it's 1st edition I don't know how you got stats past 20, also if it is, i think your character is pretty weak and easily beaten by other characters who spend more PPs on powers.
If you can tell us the concept you'd like for your character maybe we can help you build something a little stronger

If it's 2nd edition, as I have no experience with it I couldn't say.

Off Topic: I agree, M&M is one of my favourite systems. Wouldn't it be great to have a PbP game here. If someone offers to GM I'm totally in (if we play 1st edition).

Led

SilverSheriff
2008-05-06, 02:00 AM
It doesn't say anything about being any edition on anything (its in PDF form), so I'll just assume its 1st ed, which means I'll change the stats into powers in a minute, just have to consult my DM first...

also, I'm currently writing the back-story, basicly he's just a Super-Hero from a long line of supers in Ireland, he moved to Australia because he has 3 other brothers, one who stayed in Ireland, one who went to America and one who went to New Zealand, they are all taking their own part of the world under their protection, but under the same Super-Identity, they're not allowed to interact with each other under their super-Identity.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-05-06, 03:42 AM
It's definitely 1st edition. The main problem is not that it's 1st ed., but it's a rather poorly built PL 10. I'd seriously recommend you build your own from scratch.

Edit: here's my impression of the character in 2nd edition. Skill part is incomplete with 133 points out of 150 points used.

Statistics

「Ability Scores」[48pp]
Strength Dexterity Constitution Intelligence Wisdom Charisma
+5/+7 +5 +5 +2 +3 +4
20/24 20 20 14 16 18

「Saves」[14pp]
Toughness Fortitude Reflex Will
+9/+5* +10/+12** +12 +8/+10**
*flat-footed
**while raging

「Skills」[pp/ranks]

「Feats」[24pp]
All-out Attack, Ambidexterity Attractive, Blind-fight, Defensive Roll (4 ranks), Diehard, Dodge Focus (3 ranks), Elusive target, Evasion (2 ranks), Fearless, Improved block, Improved disarm, Improved grapple, Luck (2 ranks), Rage (2 ranks, +4/+2/+2; 10 rounds), uncanny dodge (visual)

「Powers」[13pp]
Bottle of Whiskey [Device; easy to lose] 2 ranks [restricted to Irish; 8 power points]
which contains: Boost Super Strength 4 ranks [slow fade x2 (1pp/5 rounds); 10 power points]
Celtic Shortsword [Device; easy to lose] 1 rank [restricted to Celtic bloodline; 5 power points]
contains: Damage 4 ranks [mighty; 5pp]

「Combat」[34pp]
Attack +9 unarmed
Damage +5 unarmed/+9 shortword//+2 raging

Defence 21/14 flat-footed//-2 raging

Grapple Bonus +14//+2 raging//+5 whiskey
Knockback -4

Initiative +5

Trade-offs: Attack +9/Damage +11; Defence +11/Toughness +9

133 power points used, 17 power points to spend in Skills or any other combination of powers you might want to use.

SilverSheriff
2008-05-06, 04:29 AM
I made a 'fix' to my character, hopefully he looks a bit better now.

SilverSheriff
2008-05-07, 03:33 AM
uh, could I please get some more help?

Tsotha-lanti
2008-05-07, 12:01 PM
I don't have any 1st-ed. experience. I got 2nd ed. first, and after skimming the 1st ed. rulebook I recoiled in horror at finding out that it was one of those abominable "D&D with new things bolted on" d20 conversions (like Fading Suns d20, Wheel of Time d20, and many other d20 line games; which is a real pity, considering how good some others, like Conan d20, are).

That said, it looks to me like you have a PL 10 character with no actual powers. Unless the editions are radically different in power, a PL 10 blaster can usually fly and has some elemental manipulation abilities; a PL 10 esper tends can easily have a wide variety of powers (especially in 2nd ed., using Alternate Power feats); a PL 10 bruiser is invulnerable, can fly, has super-strength, and probably possesses some other impressive ability.

Your character has an item that gives conditional and mild super-strength, a weapon (not even really a super weapon, at that), and a little super-dexterity. Where are the super powers? Unless Super Luck at that level is really freaking amazing...

The whole "superpowers themed around shallow stereotype" thing is very Silver Age.