PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Inspirations for a Sorceror

Mystral
2008-05-05, 07:15 AM
Hi.

I am looking for a few suggestions how I should further develop my sorceror. I don't want to minmax him (The level in Aristocrat is a hint), but a few suggestions for the next few spells he is going to take or what items should be bought or upgraded next are appreciated.

It's basically a buff/curse sorcerer, I either Buff the Party with spells like Improved Invisibility or Haste or curse the opponents. If it is one strong opponent I like to use enervation and ray of sickness, against larger groups Spirit Wall or Glitterdust. I also have some utility spells that are usefull in a lot of different situations. I was aiming to take chain spell at level 15 for some chain enervation and chain-reach-empowered vampire grip fun. A possibility for the level 18 feat would be Arcane Thesis (Vampires Grip). I also aim to take the prestige class Wild Soul at next level, because it fits the background of the char.

Oh, one final info: We are playing 3.0 Edition, so I get to use all the crazy stuff like double actions with haste or improved invisibility for minutes/level, or empower spell for +1 spell level.

Well: Suggest away, and thank you in advance.

Level: Aristocrat 1 / Sorcerer 11
Race: Human
HP: 53
Al: N

ST: 11
DX: 17 = 15 + 2 (enhanchment)
CO: 13
IN: 14
WI: 12
CH: 25 = 21 + 4 (enhanchment)

Saves:

Fortitude: +7 = 3 + 1 (CO) + 2 (Enhanchment) + 1 (Luckstone)
Reflex: +9 = +3 + 3 (DX) + 2 (Enhanchment) + 1 (Luckstone
Will: +13 = +9 + 1 (WI) + 2 (Enhanchment) + 1 (Luckstone)

Armorclass: 26= 10 + 4 (Mage Armor) +7 (Shield) +3 (DX) +1 (Ring) + 1 (Rapier of Defense)

Feats:

Spell Thematic
Disciplined (Faerun Campaign Book)
Empower Spell
Improved Familiar
Weapon Finesse
Reach Spell

Inventory:

Hevards Handy Haversack
+1 Rapier of Defense
Scrolls: Knock, Gaseous Form, Teleport
Potion of Glibness
3* Potion of Cure Light Wounds
Luckstone
Staff of Lightning (CL 5, 10 Charges left)
Brooch of Shielding

On Body:

Circlet of Persuasion
Gauntlets of Dexterty
Cloak of the Firebath (+2 Cloak of Resistance + 12 resistance vs. Fire)
Ring of Mind Cloaking
Rod of Splendor (Takes up Belt slot, houserule)
Ring of Protection +1

Spells Known:

0: Who cares?
1: Shield / Mage Armor / Shock Grip / Grease / Charm Person
2: Glitterdust / Spectral Hand / Mirror Image / False Life / Ray of Sickness
3: Phantom Steed / Fly / Vampire Grip / Haste
4: Improved Invisibility / Enervation / Assay Spell Resistance
5: Telekinesis / Spirit Wall

Kurald Galain
2008-05-05, 07:39 AM
Are you allowed to use spells or feats from 3.5 source book that simply didn't exist back in 3.0?

Anyway, there's oodles of fun debuff spells that aren't mechanically optimal but make for great things to whack your enemies with. For instance, Black Karma Curse makes an enemy stab himself with his own weapon. The Transposition spells let you make two creatures swap places (such as your possibly wimpy self and the tough barbarian, or a strong party member and the enemy leader). PHB2 has the Halt spell that stops an enemy in mid-action, for instance preventing him from attacking you. There's even a few interesting 0th-level spells out there, such as Caltrops (which, yes, litters the floor with caltrops).

If allowed, I would suggest you get rid of the feats Weapon Finesse (you're a caster, after all) and Reach spell (since you appear to be using rays a lot). And sell the Brooch of Shielding unless your DM really enjoys casting magic missiles at you.