PDA

View Full Version : Should I worry?

SoD
2008-05-05, 08:23 AM
I'm currently preparing a BIG campaign (see 1-20), which will be starting in a few months, for my people back home. One guy (the new guy) is playing a gnome ninja, and the roleplayer is taking a teifling warlock. Two others (the girl and the DM) haven't gotten back to me with character concepts yet. However, along with the new guy, the DM, the roleplayer and the girl...we have the powergamer, who has informed me:

and i want to play a swordsage iaijutsu master going into iaijutsu at level 6 taking the feats from shinobi no bushi flowing strike and improved flowing strike so ill end up wearing no armor and runing around with my sword sheathed then draw it one hit ko re sheath it repeat and i can draw make a full attack re sheath as free actions and then later taking two weapon fighting if i can

with my wakizashi

I don't have ToB (but am getting a PDF sometime in the next few days), so don't know bad this is, but, knowing him...

SamTheCleric
2008-05-05, 08:25 AM
Well, he'll make the Ninja feel absolutely useless and overshadow him in every single way.

"No" is a DM's best friend.

ocato
2008-05-05, 08:27 AM
"lulz no"

Eventually followed by "Don't worry, I rolled your character for you" as a terrible, nuclear weapon style last resort (just before "piss off, we'll play without you").

Azerian Kelimon
2008-05-05, 08:28 AM
"No 3.0 at my table, thank you very much."

Problem solved.

Tengu
2008-05-05, 08:28 AM
Not to mention that, to my knowledge, Iaijutsu never made it to 3.5.

Argh, ninja-ed.

MorkaisChosen
2008-05-05, 08:30 AM
If it looks broken (and the way he's speaking, it looks like it is...), don't allow it. That simple.

SoD
2008-05-05, 08:32 AM
Iaijutsu master is 3.0? That would explain why I know nothing about it...which book is it in?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-05-05, 08:33 AM
Oriental Adventures.

Heh, finally my tarantela ninja training pays off.

'Cause nobody expects tarantela. Not even those who expect the spanish inquisition or ninjas.

RTGoodman
2008-05-05, 08:38 AM
I'm no expert on ToB, but I don't recall seeing any of those things (except Swordsage) in there. If it's from somewhere else, ask to see the source. If it's not credible or if it's broken, just say no.

EDIT: Apparently I should stop reading other threads while in the middle of posting in this one. If it's from Oriental Adventures, I'm pretty sure that it's 3.0 and, like Azerian said, just don't use 3.0 stuff.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-05-05, 08:40 AM
As said, that's from OA. It gets you finessable katana's INT to something, and more.

Really, just say no, or "Very well. But you don't progress your IL. At all. Sucka!"

Or use 1st ed. blue lightning to torch da foo'.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-05-05, 08:41 AM
Meh, ToB is at EXACTLY the level of a full FoI factotum.

Which is to say, totally awesome, useful in almost all situations, and extremely fun and balanced. AKA, The Way It's Meant to Be Played.

Edit: Hmm? What happened to your post, SoD?

SoD
2008-05-05, 08:48 AM
Oh, I saw that the bit I was mentioning got adressed in your post, plus the edit, while I was typing it. I felt that it was then redundant, and delted it before your post appeared. I thought I might've gotten away with it, but it was seen...

Azerian Kelimon
2008-05-05, 08:53 AM
Nobody escapes the vigilant eye of the tarantela ninja!

See! I told you beholder pets were good!