PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Doseki
2008-05-05, 04:47 PM
Since the first game was so good I can't wait for this one. Tales of Symphonia happened to be the best RP game, infact all the Tales of game are awesome. No idea when this one comes out but since I really want it, it will be another 2 years. :smallfrown:

Anyone else enjoyed a Tales of ?

EvilElitest
2008-05-05, 04:50 PM
Since the first game was so good I can't wait for this one. Tales of Symphonia happened to be the best RP game, infact all the Tales of game are awesome. No idea when this one comes out but since I really want it, it will be another 2 years. :smallfrown:

Anyone else enjoyed a Tales of ?

ToS is possible the best RPG that Japan has put forth, it openly mocks what i don't like about them while keeping the good stuff. It is one of my favorite games in all time
from
EE

Volug
2008-05-05, 05:45 PM
Tales of Symphonia is probably my most favorite gamecube game to date (Not my all time favorite though).

I fell in love with the story, characters, and the combate. Ended up beating it about... 7-10 times. With 3 of them with just about all GRADE upgrades (10 times the EXP! FTW!)

I am also waiting for DotNW, but not going crazy over it. What I find to be interesting... (Spoilers)
Is that Lloyd is indeed the main villian/bad guy... It's killing me to find out why >_<

Quxelopqr
2008-05-05, 05:53 PM
This news means I have to find my copy of ToS and beat it again. That spoiler is very interesting as well.

EvilElitest
2008-05-05, 07:01 PM
Tales of Symphonia is probably my most favorite gamecube game to date (Not my all time favorite though).

I fell in love with the story, characters, and the combate. Ended up beating it about... 7-10 times. With 3 of them with just about all GRADE upgrades (10 times the EXP! FTW!)

I am also waiting for DotNW, but not going crazy over it. What I find to be interesting... (Spoilers)
Is that Lloyd is indeed the main villian/bad guy... It's killing me to find out why >_<

really? After Mithos. Ok, that is amazing
from
EE

Volug
2008-05-05, 07:49 PM
ToS spoilers? Kinda...
Mithos was an awesome villan... I thought Yggdrasil (sp?) was awesome... Then, "Whaaaa???? Mithos is Yggdrasil?!"
I also personally like the voice actor... Sounds like an innocent kid, but just dang evil sounding as well.

Yes, if you read gamefaqs forums on ToS DotNW, you'll probably find more about what I said in my other post.

Also, I'm mad how old ToS characters are only temporary party members:smallfrown:

EvilElitest
2008-05-05, 07:58 PM
ToS spoilers? Kinda...
Mithos was an awesome villan... I thought Yggdrasil (sp?) was awesome... Then, "Whaaaa???? Mithos is Yggdrasil?!"
I also personally like the voice actor... Sounds like an innocent kid, but just dang evil sounding as well.

Yes, if you read gamefaqs forums on ToS DotNW, you'll probably find more about what I said in my other post.

Also, I'm mad how old ToS characters are only temporary party members:smallfrown:

Yeah, Mithos was amazing in the first game

I'm eager to see the new character. Even Kratos
from
EE

DraPrime
2008-05-05, 07:59 PM
I was very much interested in it ever since Masato ran a DnD version of it. What system will this version be on? I really hope I can play this version.

Fiery Diamond
2008-05-05, 09:31 PM
I'm looking forward to this as well.

By the way, MasatoHyuga, where did you get your information that they would only be temporary party members? Can you give me a link?

-Fiery Diamond

Doseki
2008-05-06, 01:44 AM
I was very much interested in it ever since Masato ran a DnD version of it. What system will this version be on? I really hope I can play this version.

It will be on the Wii, so it will be interesting if they use the features of the Wii remotes.

I'm looking forward to this as well.

By the way, MasatoHyuga, where did you get your information that they would only be temporary party members? Can you give me a link?

-Fiery Diamond

I use this site but there maybe better ones.

http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/rpg/talesofsymphonia2/index.html?tag=result;title;1

Tengu
2008-05-06, 02:37 AM
And once again must I regret the fact that I'll never be able to play ToS, since I don't have a Gamecube and they didn't release this game on PS2 outside of Japan. And I liked ToP so much. Grr.

tyckspoon
2008-05-06, 03:31 AM
You can find Tales of Legendia and Tales of the Abyss for PS2 if you want more Tales. Abyss is generally better reviewed.

Rogue 7
2008-05-06, 10:38 AM
Yeah, Mithos was amazing in the first game

I'm eager to see the new character. Even Kratos
from
EE

He ain't in this one. He left, remember? He's the narrator.

I do like that Lloyd initially starts out as the villain (though I sincerely doubt it'll last), as it adds some great plot twists and genuinely sets up a story I'll want to see.
I'm a little concerned about the gameplay, but that takes a backseat to the story for me so I'll give it a pass. As long as they stick with the basic formula from the original, they probably can't screw it up too badly, and the rest of the game should make up for it.

Anyone else hear of "Tales of Vesperia" coming out for the 360? My brother's got that, so I'm looking forward to getting another tales game.

Fiery Diamond
2008-05-06, 01:48 PM
I searched all the posts on the game on that site, and only the "news" section (which, by the way, is the one whose specifics should be trusted the least - the general statements I would assume to be correct, but it isn't a fact-fest) did anything referring to "temporary" appear - the use of the word "cameos." I wouldn't stop holding out hope that Sheena, Raine, Genis, and perhaps Zelos, Presea, and Regal will join the party as more than just temporary members. Given the 10 party member limit discussed on that site, as well as monster catching, I'm betting that the player can choose who is in the party at some points; I would rather that than temporary membership by previous people.

My favorite characters (other than Lloyd) in ToS are Genis and Sheena. I certainly hope I can have them in the party.

-Fiery Diamond

BanjoTheClown
2008-05-07, 09:42 PM
Does anyone know when DotNW takes place? Is it straight after or like a couple years after ToS. Also, i hope Kratos comes back.

Rogue 7
2008-05-07, 10:21 PM
2 years, as far as I know.

EvilElitest
2008-05-09, 06:43 PM
He ain't in this one. He left, remember? He's the narrator.

I do like that Lloyd initially starts out as the villain (though I sincerely doubt it'll last), as it adds some great plot twists and genuinely sets up a story I'll want to see.

1) Are we sure that Kratos is gone for good
2) Yeah Tales always have good plot, and by Tales i mean the one game i played
[QUOTE] I'm a little concerned about the gameplay, but that takes a backseat to the story for me so I'll give it a pass. As long as they stick with the basic formula from the original, they probably can't screw it up too badly, and the rest of the game should make up for it.

The game play is pretty simply, i don't see how badly they can scew it up

Anyone else hear of "Tales of Vesperia" coming out for the 360? My brother's got that, so I'm looking forward to getting another tales game.
I've always wanted to play more tales games but i don't which ones are good and what order they go in. Isn't sword of mana another game
from
EE

Fiery Diamond
2008-05-10, 12:41 AM
Kratos "won't return in playable capacity." (I can't remember what site I found that on...)

-Fiery Diamond

Volug
2008-05-10, 06:27 AM
I heard Kratos will be the narrator again, from what I've heard.

I've grown so used to playing Kratos/Zelos over and over, and are alot more comferatable. I hope there will be a character with a similar move set >_<

I also heard of this "Pokemon" system in which you capture monsters and they fight for you, then eventually they can "evolve".
Wether or not this will work, I dunno.

Gameplay is ALWAYS good in the tales series:tongue:

Airk
2008-05-12, 09:43 AM
I've always wanted to play more tales games but i don't which ones are good and what order they go in. Isn't sword of mana another game
from
EE

There really isn't any 'order' you need to be concerned with. Much like Final Fantasy, and, indeed, most RPG franchises these days, nearly every Tales game is an independant offering. You neither 'need' to have played the preceeding games, nor will you be in any way spoiled for them.

That said, of the Ps2 titles, Legendia has gotten what is best summarized as "mixed" reviews, whereas Abyss...kicked ass and is currently probably my favorite JRPG of the last ten years. YMMV, of course.