PDA

View Full Version : V is now my GOD/DESS!

Lord_Drayakir
2008-05-05, 09:24 PM
Seriously. I'm sexually attracted to her (if it is a her. If not, then I'm merely in awe).

But no joke, I love the way Rich managed to portray a character that runs on logic, but not to a ridiculous extent. Sure, his original struggle was due to an emotional thing, but now it's pure logic, all the way. Especially that quip about "We can get a message to Roy if she dies."

RandomEncounter
2008-05-05, 09:47 PM
Sexually attracted to a stick figure, really?:smallconfused:

Anyways V has always been one of my favorite characters and I do agree that (s)he has been quite interesting lately.

omgpeachsnapple
2008-05-05, 09:52 PM
Sexually attracted to a stick figure, really?:smallconfused:

Hey, Elan's pretty hot ...

Remirach
2008-05-05, 09:56 PM
Heh, the whole reason V's gender became ambiguous in the first place is because a male poster was upset at the reference to "V-man" and wanted Vaarsuvius to be a girl.

And Haley's rather infamous for "fanservice" scenes...

SlightlyEvil
2008-05-05, 11:12 PM
Eh, if anything, I like V less from this comic. He is becoming far too obsessive, and I'm starting to lose sympathy for him.

Trazoi
2008-05-05, 11:27 PM
I'm not as concerned about the attraction to a stick figure than that of to someone who is in serious need of a good night's meditation - V looks half way to being undead. :smallamused:

I think V's split from the rest of group is roughly similar to the same reasons as Beklar - V needs to be with either Roy or Haley to act more balanced. V needs to hang around other intelligent people who aren't so cloistered (pun intended).

Querzis
2008-05-05, 11:31 PM
Eh, if anything, I like V less from this comic. He is becoming far too obsessive, and I'm starting to lose sympathy for him.

Never had much sympathy for him in the first place. Everything bad that happens to him is his fault to an extent (expecially the whole V vs Belkar thing) and hes far too merciless to really actually deserve any mercy. Thats what True Neutral is all about after all. Beside, I knew as soon as I heard the prophecy of the Oracle that V was gonna do a Raistlin and it really didnt surprise me (and I really dont know why it surprise some people, if V is good then I'm a saint). But I still really like V and I like him even more because of this comic. Because whats cool about V is not his personnality that is far from likable but the fact that hes really a total badass. His logic, his magic, his schemes, his will and his refusal to lose, everything about him is badass. And hes even more badass in this comic, even after months without sleeping his logic and his magical powers are still as good as before (and its actually kinda creepy how it seems like V doesnt need to rest to regain his spells anymore).

By the way, as Durkon pointed out, this isnt about Haley or Roy. This is about his magical power and his refusal to lose against someone else magic (which make him even more badass).

RandomEncounter
2008-05-05, 11:37 PM
Never had much sympathy for him in the first place. Everything bad that happens to him is his fault to an extent (expecially the whole V vs Belkar thing) and hes far too merciless to really actually deserve any mercy. Thats what True Neutral is all about after all. Beside, I knew as soon as I heard the prophecy of the Oracle that V was gonna do a Raistlin and it really didnt surprise me (and I really dont know why it surprise some people, if V is good then I'm a saint). But I still really like V and I like him even more because of this comic. Because whats cool about V is not his personnality that is far from likable but the fact that hes really a total badass. His logic, his magic, his schemes, his will and his refusal to lose, everything about him is badass. And hes even more badass in this comic, even after months without sleeping his logic and his magical powers are still as good as before (and its actually kinda creepy how it seems like V doesnt need to rest to regain his spells anymore).

By the way, as Durkon pointed out, this isnt about Haley or Roy. This is about his magical power and his refusal to lose against someone else magic (which make him even more badass).

I was about to defend V's case but I don't think it can be said any better.:smallbiggrin:

Zone
2008-05-05, 11:40 PM
Do you guys remember what happened to prince Arthas in WarCraft III? Well, it's unlikely to happen to V, since V ain't running after his enemies like mad :smalltongue:

Lord_Drayakir
2008-05-06, 12:21 AM

I agree. And hmm, I thought Raistlin was pretty awesome too. Except I hated... er... well, nevermind, I don't know how to spoiler stuff. But basically, I'll be really happy if V actually fulfills his potential.

Do you guys remember what happened to prince Arthas in WarCraft III? Well, it's unlikely to happen to V, since V ain't running after his enemies like mad :smalltongue:

Arthas was a wuss. He didn't have the courage to go after his plans by himself, he needed to get that stupid sword. If anything, Arthas is more like Elric.

David Argall
2008-05-06, 02:09 AM

This is about Haley and Roy. As an attempt to become even more badass, it is entirely misguided. While the orcs will likely not provide much XP, they are still more useful for basassness than sitting around studying.

V prediction V will continue to fail to find Haley, who will find the party somehow, and will walk in on V as she finishs work on another futile effort. I'm not sure whether he will then break down in joy at her success or breakdown from not having succeeded.

Querzis
2008-05-06, 02:36 AM
This is about Haley and Roy.

Oh yes about as much as saving Belkar from Miko was all about loyalty toward him and not simply loathing Miko so much that he would prefer absolutely anybody else then her? Yes the result is that hes going to find Haley and Roy but it doesnt change the fact that his main motivation is magic and pride.

As an attempt to become even more badass, it is entirely misguided. While the orcs will likely not provide much XP, they are still more useful for basassness than sitting around studying.

So for you badassness is limited to physical things like burning down orcs:smallamused:. Yes, I find V logic, determination and refusal to lose much more badass then killing a bunch of orcs who never stood a chance and I'm quite obviously not the only one.

Evil DM Mark3
2008-05-06, 04:20 AM
You know based on what we have been told about Cloister his current plan for a super-seeking messenger bird may well work. If it does then he will have circumvented an Epic spell with non-epic magic. Additional awesome.

dehro
2008-05-06, 07:07 AM
You know based on what we have been told about Cloister his current plan for a super-seeking messenger bird may well work. If it does then he will have circumvented an Epic spell with non-epic magic. Additional awesome.

you lost me at "you know..":smalleek::smallconfused:

SolkaTruesilver
2008-05-06, 08:22 AM

A highly-powered wizardy version of Animal Messenger? Good idea!

Lissibith
2008-05-06, 08:33 AM
I'm pretty much with Querzis all the way on this one. I love the fact that The Giant is not so in love with his characters that he's afraid to make them the victims of their own shortcomings (as so SO many authors are). Not every conflict needs to come from outside the group.

In this case, I firmly believe Durkon's right, that V is wresting with his/her own ego and guilt and is not doing this simply because s/he's worried about Haley. S/he's worried because s/he abandoned her, and s/he's angry because his/her physics-warping magic is unable to give even a hint about her. I think there's a sense that success would not only vindicate V's faith in the power of magic, but would also relieve some of the guilt of fleeing from battle without members of the team.

Huh. Maybe V needs Celia to show up and slap some sense into him or her. :)

Roderick_BR
2008-05-06, 08:53 AM
Heh, the whole reason V's gender became ambiguous in the first place is because a male poster was upset at the reference to "V-man" and wanted Vaarsuvius to be a girl.

And Haley's rather infamous for "fanservice" scenes...
"Wardrobe malfunctions" :smalltongue:

Heh, the first time I read the comic, I thought V was a steretypical elf wizard girl. I like it more how the Giant is keeping it both a secret, and the others characters uninsterested in finding out.

NikkTheTrick
2008-05-06, 11:46 AM
"Wardrobe malfunctions" :smalltongue:
In House of Fanserice, we go way beyond:smallwink:

Lunaya
2008-05-06, 01:17 PM
V prediction V will continue to fail to find Haley, who will find the party somehow, and will walk in on V as she finishs work on another futile effort. I'm not sure whether he will then break down in joy at her success or breakdown from not having succeeded.
I'm hoping there's a big hug from Haley in V's future. :smallfrown: S/he needs it. And then Haley can threaten to kick hir butt if s/he doesn't go lie down.

SoD
2008-05-06, 01:20 PM
In House of Fanserice, we go way beyond:smallwink:

Haley tubgirl, seen it, Haley tubgirl with Durkon, check, Haley/Celia 2 girls 1 cup, done and done.

But, on topic, since the comic started, I'm afraid I don't have much respect for V. Yes, she's admandant on saving Haley, but to the point of allowing another ''unimportant'' ally to die? And earlier? 'A commoner has been kidnapped by a bunch of Ogres? Ah, let 'em eat him'. Don't get me wrong, I have repect for her power, but not for her. Her lust for power will be her undoing in the end, I fear.