PDA

View Full Version : Retraining MWPs?

Cuddly
2008-05-05, 11:01 PM
If an elf can retrain its MWP feats with the chaos shuffle, DMG2 retraining rules, or psychic reformation, can an ethergaunt retrain any and all of its MWP feats? It's proficient with all martial weapons- this is a lot of feats.

sonofzeal
2008-05-05, 11:04 PM
No, I believe it's one feat. Exotic Weapons are the only ones that have a separate feat for each one.

drengnikrafe
2008-05-05, 11:04 PM
Even if it was possilbe by RAW, creating something that had so many bonus feats is more or less game breaking. If I were DMing your campaign, I would deny you that ability, and I think most other DMs would too.

Emperor Tippy
2008-05-05, 11:09 PM
If an elf can retrain its MWP feats with the chaos shuffle, DMG2 retraining rules, or psychic reformation, can an ethergaunt retrain any and all of its MWP feats? It's proficient with all martial weapons- this is a lot of feats.

It depends on how ethergaunt is worded. Elves can get away with it because they are listed specifically and as bonus feats. Fighters, for example, can't chaos shuffle the MWP's because they don't actually get the feats.

# Weapon Proficiency: Elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats.

A fighter is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with all armor (heavy, medium, and light) and shields (including tower shields).

So if ethergaunt lists the MWP's under the bonus feats header or calls them out as specifically receiving all the MWP feats then they can chaos shuffle them. But if its done like the fighter (as a class feature) then they can't.

Cuddly
2008-05-05, 11:14 PM
Ahhh, ok. Gotcha.
I thought elves were just proficient with a handful of martial weapons, not specific feats.

Emperor Tippy
2008-05-05, 11:33 PM
Ahhh, ok. Gotcha.
I thought elves were just proficient with a handful of martial weapons, not specific feats.

Yeah, that would have been more reasonable. But elves were made before the stupidity that is the Chaos Shuffle.

Cuddly
2008-05-05, 11:41 PM
Ehhh, chaos shuffle does the same thing psychic reformation has been doing for years, but less so.

Jack Mann
2008-05-05, 11:51 PM
Ehhh, chaos shuffle does the same thing psychic reformation has been doing for years, but less so.

Yeah, but psychic reformation won't let you do this particular trick, since you don't actually choose the racial MWP feats. You can only switch out feats you've selected.