PDA

View Full Version : Some more Bard song ideas (PEACH).

Tempest Fennac
2008-05-06, 02:24 AM
Please could you tell me whether these Bard songs would be useful while letting me know whether they are balanced or not? Also, could you look at the ones which are mentioned here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74027 .

Pale Shelter (I was also thinking of Protection for this, but that song doesn't fit as well).
Prequisites: 12 ranks in Perform.
At least 4 Abjuration spells.
Effect: 1 creature/level within 30 feet of the Bard is affected by a sactuary spell which lasts for up to 1 round after the Bard stops performing it. The DC to atttack a creature who is affected by this spell is 10+ Bard's Cha modifier+ 1/3 Bard levels.

Take a Chance on Me (I'm sorry that I couldn't think of a better title, but I can't think of any other songs with titles which refer to luck).
Prequisites: 15 ranks in Perform.
Able to cast Unluck.
Any 2 Luck feats.
Once/round any ally can reroll any attack roll, saving throw or skill check as long as the Bard is peforming this song.

Miraqariftsky
2008-05-12, 01:29 AM
At what level is a bard likely to get Pale Protection? Level Nine, ye say? Hmmmm... Level bloody Nine?! No, I think it's so bloody late... then again, I'm more a fluffer than a cruncher. Yep, 'tis me first time in a long time ta be commentin' on a gaming article... Hmmm... supposing the bard's maxed out her Cha with Int as second highest priority, what's the Cha score likely to be by level 9? 20? A 16,000-worth +4 cloak-o-charisma is well within level 9's WBL, right? Ok, so let's chalk the DC up to... 10+6+3= 19?! NINETEEN?! Even if said bard goes and gets herself a +6 cloak... DC would only be 20. So, yeah, methinks 'tis underpowered and needs some hella-beefing up... say, instead of +1/3 bard level, go for 2/3, rounded up. That way, ye get a decent DC of 22 at level 9.

Chokuto
2008-05-12, 02:42 AM
I'm confused, I thought bard's set the DC's for their bardic music effects with their perform check??? Isn't that right?

Tempest Fennac
2008-05-12, 05:20 AM
The SRD says that "To use the ability, a bard makes a Perform check. His check result is the DC for each affected creature’s Will save against the effect" in regards to Fascinate, but that doesn't appear to apply to any of the other songs.