+1|
+2|
+2|
+0|Warpblade Path, Monastic Feats, Path Ability I

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+0|Warp the World (Falling and Crushing)

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+3|
+1|Path Ability II

4th|
+4|
+4|
+4|
+1|Warp the World (Die Hard)

5th|
+5|
+4|
+4|
+1|Path Ability III

6th|
+6/+1|
+5|
+5|
+2|Warp the World (Leap), Monastic Feat

7th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+5|
+2|Path Ability IV

8th|
+8/+3|
+6|
+6|
+2|Warp the World (Miss Chance)

9th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+6|
+3|Path Ability V

10th|
+10/+5|
+7|
+7|
+3|Warp the World (Teleport)

11th|
+11/+6/+1|
+7|
+7|
+3|Path Ability VI, Monastic Feat

12th|
+12/+7/+2|
+8|
+8|
+4| Warp the World (Armor Class)

13th|
+13/+8/+3|
+8|
+8|
+4|Path Ability VII

14th|
+14/+9/+4|
+9|
+9|
+4|Warp the World(Die Even Harder)

15th|
+15/+10/+5|
+9|
+9|
+5|Path Ability VIII

16th|
+16/+11/+6/+1|
+10|
+10|
+5|Warp the World (Collateral Damage), Monastic Feat

17th|
+17/+12/+7/+2|
+10|
+10|
+5|Path Ability IX

18th|
+18/+13/+8/+3|
+11|
+11|
+6|Warp the World (DR 5/-)

19th|
+19/+14/+9/+4|
+11|
+11|
+6|Path Ability X

20th|
+20/+15/+10/+5|
+12|
+12|
+6|Finishing Blow[/table]

[Fluff Goes Here Later]

Class Features
Hit Dice: D10

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: - All Warpblade Disciples are proficient in light armor and with simple weapons. For further proficiencies, see the Warpblade Path class feature.

Class Skills - Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex)

Skill Points at First Level - (4 + Intelligence Modifier) x4
Skill Points Per Level - 4 + Intelligence Modifier

Warpblade Path - At first level, the Warpblade Disciple must choose which monastic discipline they have learned their art from. This choice cannot be changed once made, and affects their Path Ability class feature.

Lightningblade Adept - The Lightningblade Adepts believe in speed, not power. Founded by Kyle Killigan, a man who ran so fast he could cause wind storms simply by passing, the Lightningbladers learn arts of speed, mobility, and even teleportation. Lightningbladers gain no new weapon and armor proficiencies, but gain Evasion (see the rogue class feature) as long as they wear light or no armor and carry no more than a light load, as well as Two Weapon Fighting as a bonus feat.

Suncrusher Juggernaut - The Suncrusher Juggernauts and the Lightningblade Adepts could not be further apart in their methodology. Whereas the Lightningbladers use speed, the Suncrushers care only about power - and they can bring reams of it to bear. They learn to use weapons much larger than logic dictates they should be, capable of using them to sunder fortifications, cause earthquakes, and even rend through time and space through sheer force of arms. Suncrusher Juggernauts are proficient with all martial weapons, as well as with Fullblades, Bastard Swords, and Great Mauls, and gain proficiency with medium and heavy armor.

Bloodless Defenders - To a Bloodless Defender, there is no greater strength than the inability to die. Forsaking the flashy attacks of the other paths, the Bloodless Defenders learn to ignore blows, survive attacks that should, by rights, kill them, and turn their very blood into a weapon. Bloodless Defenders are proficient with all martial weapons, as well as medium armor and shields, and roll a D12 hit die instead of a D10.

Monastic Feats - At first level, and every five levels thereafter (so again at 6, 12, and 18) the Warpblade Disciple may choose a bonus feat from the list available to his Path.

Lightningblade Adept - Weapon Focus (Dagger), Combat Expertise, Improved Disarm, Dash, Run, Fleet of Foot, Lightning Reflexes, Dive for Cover, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Ranged Disarm, Point Blank Shot, Far Shot

Suncrusher Juggernaut - Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Improved Sunder, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Overrun, Leap Attack, Throw Anything, Power Throw, Brutal Throw

Bloodless Defender - Improved Toughness, Toughness, Great Fortitude, Hold the Line, Improved Buckler Defense, Improved Shield Bash, Shield Charge, Shield Slam, Shield Specialization, Armor Specialization, Armor Mastery

Path Abilities - At first level and every two levels thereafter, the Warpblade Disciple gains an ability based on their path, detailed below.

Lightningblade Adept - I. Lightning Step (Ex) - The Lightningblade Adept increases their land speed by 5 feet for every two levels he has in this class.

II. Doubleknife Parry (Ex) - Starting at third level, as an immediate action, the Lightningblade Adept may try to prevent an opponent from attacking him in melee. As long as the Lightningblade Adept is weilding two daggers, punching daggers, kukris, or any combination thereof, they may make an opposed attack roll against any opponent attacking them in melee. Success means they take no damage and may take an attack of opportunity against that opponent. Large weapons get a +4 bonus against being parried, and this bonus increases by +4 for each size category that the parried weapon is.

III.

IV.

V.

VI.

VII.

VIII.

IX.

X.

Suncrusher Juggernaut I.Hammer of the Suncrusher (Su) - Suncrusher Juggernauts ignore all hardness and recieve a +4 competence bonus on all Sunder checks made with two-handed weapons.

At twelth level, the Suncrusher Juggernaut ignores all damage reduction, with the exception of DR/Epic

II. Oversized Weapon Fighting (Ex) - The Suncrusher Juggernaut may use weapons designed for creatures up to one size larger than herself with no penalty. This does not stack with Monkey Grip.

III. Rain of Stone (Su) - The Suncrusher slams her blade into the ground and sends up needlelike shards of rock and earth that rain back down in a lethal hail. As a full-round action, they deal 1d4 points of damage per class level in a 40-foot radius centered on but not including them. Victims may attempt a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 class level + Strength Modifier) for half damage; those that fail their save are also knocked prone by the shaking of the earth and the weight of the stone rain.

IV. Bonebreaker Blow (Ex) - The Suncrusher Juggernaut's blows are so ferocious as to powder bones and crush even the hardest armor into so much scrap metal. Whenever they deal damage to a creature in melee combat, reduce that creature's armor bonus to armor class by one point. If the bonus goes to zero or below, the armor is destroyed beyond all repair.

At tenth level, whenever they deal damage to a living creature with a discernable anatomy in melee combat, that creature takes a point of dexterity damage as their bones crack and fracture.

At sixteenth level, whenever they deal damage to a living creature with a discernable anatomy in melee combat, that creature takes a point of constitution damage from the sheer shock to their system.

V. Cleaving Blow (Ex) - Whenever the Suncrusher is using a two-handed melee weapon, she may choose to forgo her normal attacks and instead attack all beings in three adjacent spaces within her reach. She rolls a single attack against all of them, dealing normal damage to any beings she hits. Cleaving Blow is a full-round action.

At level 14, Cleaving Blow is a normal part of all melee attacks made by the Suncrusher Juggernaut.

VI. Juggernaut's Blow (Ex) - As long as the Suncrusher is using a two-handed melee weapon, they may make a bull rush as part of any melee attack, with the following changes; they do not need to enter their target's space, and they need not follow their target to push them further distance. If the target is stopped by an obstacle, both they and the obstacle take 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet the target has not traveled, ignoring hardness.

VII. Crack the World (Su) - The Suncrusher Juggernaut leaps into the air and brings their blade crashing down into the ground, sending an immense wave of stone spikes in a line in front of them. As a standard action, the Juggernaut may activate this ability, dealing 1d8 points of damage per class level (both bludgeoning and piercing for the purposes of damage reduction) in a 60 foot line. Creatures in the line may make a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 class level + strength modifier) for half damage; those who fail are knocked prone.

VIII. Blacken the Sun (Su)- The Suncrusher Juggernaut draws upon her namesake and strikes a blow so fierce, it drives light from her vicinity. As a standard action, she may take a -10 penalty on her next attack. If she hits, her victim recieves an additional 1d4 damage per class level and an sphere ten feet per class level, centered on the victim, is affected as though by deeper darkness. The Suncrusher Juggernaut and her allies can see through this darkness as though it were not there.

Blacken the Sun may only be used once per encounter, and lasts one round per class level.

IX. Starsnuffer (Ex) - The Suncrusher Juggernaut becomes an avatar of fury on the battlefield, striking blows that defy logic and the laws of nature itself. All damage from her previous class features increases by one die step, and abilities with an area have that area increased by one-half. By taking a -5 penalty on her attacks, the Suncrusher Juggernaut may, as a standard action, strike an opponent so fiercely that they must make a fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 class level + strength modifier) or die. Opponents that are slain in this manner explode in a shower of gore and bony shrapnel, dealing 1d4 points of damage per two class levels in a 10 foot radius (reflex save DC 10 + 1/2 class level + HD of slain creature half)

X.

Bloodless Defender - I.

II.

III.

IV.

V.

VI.

VII.

VIII.

IX.

X.

Warp the World (Su) - The Warpblade Disciple's very presence alters reality in subtle ways around him, changing the laws of physics and probability. They have an aura that extends 5 feet per class level from them and provides the following effects -

At second level, creatures within the aura take no damage from falling and only half damage from objects falling upon them. The objects (and theirselves) still fall as fast as normal - they simply are unharmed by it.

At fourth level, all creatures within this aura can fight without penalty at 0 hit points and can continue acting at -1 or fewer hit points as if possessing the diehard feat.

At sixth level, creatures within the aura gain a +4 circumstance bonus on all Jump checks, and they have no limits on the distances they may leap. Furthermore, they use the table for horizontal jump distances for vertical leaps.

At eighth level, all creatures in the aura gain a 20% miss chance as blows simply seem to graze past them or otherwise avoid striking them. A creature may choose to eliminate the miss chance of a single being within melee range by forgoing their own miss chance as a free action on their turn. They may maintain this as long as they are still alive and conscious.

At tenth level, all creatures within the aura gain the ability to teleport up to 10 feet as a swift action. Whenever a creature would be allowed an attack of opportunity, they may instead teleport up to 10 feet.

At twelfth level, all creatures within the aura are protected by the very force of their own personality or life-force. This provides each creature with a deflection bonus to its AC equal to its charisma modifier. Furthermore, the alignment of each creature is revealed by aura's appearance.

At fourteenth level, creatures within the aura lowered to -10 or less life may continue fighting without penalty for one round. If they have not received sufficient healing to restore them above -10 hit points by the end of that round, they die.

At sixteenth level, creatures within the aura deal a staggering amount of collateral damage. Whenever they strike something in melee combat, all unattended objects within adjacent to the object or being struck also take damage - thus, melee battles leave craters, collapse buildings, and otherwise scar the landscape.

At eighteenth level, all creatures within the aura gain DR 5/-. They still appear wounded - they simply ignore the blows. Furthermore, all creatures at half of their maximum hit points or lower gain fast healing 2.

Finishing Blow (Su) - At twentieth level, the Warpblade Disciple unlocks the final secret of their Path - the most devastating attack taught by the masters of their schools. Each may be used only once per day, and performing them is phyiscally exhausting, causing the Warpblade Adept to be exhausted for a 24 hour perior or until they rest for eight hours, whatever comes first. If they were already exhausted, they pass out and sleep for 1d6+2 hours, unable to be woken by anything less than divine intervention.

Lightningblade Hurricane - The Lightningblade Adept begins to run around the battlefield in a complex mathematical pattern, shattering the sound barrier and becoming little more than a blur. On the first round, sonic booms deal 10d6 sonic damage to all creatures inside a 30-foot diameter circle. The following round, gale force winds appear. The third round, hurricane force winds take hold inside the circle, whipping creatures and objects around for another four rounds or until the Lightningblade Adept chooses to end the attack. The fierce winds and frequent collisions mean that creatures within are reduced to a single move or standard action each turn and take 5d6 bludgeoning damage each round. Furthermore, moving any distance requires them to make a DC 25 Strength check.

While performing a Lightningblade Hurricane, the Lightningblade Adept cannot be hit by melee or ranged attacks, or spells with specific targets.

Vulcan's Hammer - The Suncrusher raises their blade over their head and slams it into the earth with sickening force. The initial blow causes an Earthquake as the spell, centered on the Suncrusher Juggernaut but not including her space in the effect. On the following round, magma and stone spew out of the crack in the earth that the Suncrusher Juggernaut opened with her blade, dealing all creatures within one thousand feet 10d6 fire and 10d6 bludgeoning damage each round. Seperate Reflex saves (DC 30) may be made against each form of damage to halve it. Vulcan's Hammer lasts for four rounds after the initial eruption, and the Suncrusher Juggernaut is immune to their own Vulcan's Hammer.

Nosferatu's Wrath - The Bloodless Defender selects a number of victims within one hundred feet equal to his class level divided by two. As a full-round action, he makes four attacks against each one of them, moving into spaces adjacent to each one at ungodly speeds (this movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity). Any being not immune to critical hits struck by this ability must make a DC 28 Fortitude save or die immediately of exsanguination.

Still working on this - fret not!

wakazashi.juice
2008-05-06, 07:18 PM
The class name reminds me of Skaven Warlock Engineers and their warpblades. Any chance it will have crazy body augmentations or strange weapons? :smallamused:

Lord_Gareth
2008-05-06, 07:22 PM
Nope - The Warpblade refers to their Warp the World and Distory Reality class features. This is actually based on anime-style combat, and I'm still working on it.

Lord_Gareth
2008-05-06, 07:52 PM
Alright folks - I'm open to suggestions and ideas for the Path abilities, as well as any questions you have.

Cirigan
2008-05-06, 08:01 PM
for the juggernaut

perhaps something similar to a physical form of planar rift

perhaps some sort of aura of fear

Djinn_in_Tonic
2008-05-06, 08:23 PM
Hmmm...the Finishing Blow, while really awesome, should probably be toned down to the point where it's a 1/day or 1/encounter power. But in the end it's your choice, and those abilities are certainly epic. :smallbiggrin:

I'm wary of the warping abilities though...seems that there are many situations where they could benefit the opponents more than the Warpblade, and it's alos a LOT to keep track of for each character. I think the bookkeeping would be to extreme.

I'd suggest making them Aura-like effects affecting the Warpblade's allies, maybe, if that, and keep the effects a little less encounter-changing. It's a good idea, but far to complex.

Cogwheel
2008-05-06, 09:01 PM
......You're silly :smalltongue:

That aside, there are a few problems with this, though none are too serious.

1: Evasion at first level is a bit too good, I think, but there are precedents (Monk, for example).

2: no damage from falling is quite serious at 2nd level. Maybe make it like the Monk ability?

3: DR 5/- at 10th level seems a bit excessive...

4: Why none of the actual Lightningblade feats for the LB discipline?

5: several abilities seem to buff up enemies too, is this intentional?

6: Juggernauts need to have simple weapon proficiency too.

7: Nosferatu's Wrath is... well, as a once-per-week capstone ability with a catch, I suppose it's acceptable, but still, I think the other two need to be raised to its level. NW is effectively an area high-DC save-or-die, and the other two don't seem to compare. It also doesn't really fit the Defender flavour, from what I noticed. There's nothing defensive about hitting someone with a blood drain from hell.

jagadaishio
2008-05-06, 09:12 PM
You say that they get a monastic feat at level 1 and every five levels thereafter, but list the numbers as 1, 6, 12, and 18. That's level one and multiples of six. If it was as you said it, the levels should be 1, 6, 11, and 16.

Is the Suncrusher immune to their own Vulcan's Hammer attack? Are the Lightning Blades impossible to hit while doing their hurricane, or do they merely get an ungodly amount of dodge bonus to their AC?

I suggest for Lightningblade path abilities that there be something that allows them to run across water at some level and something that lets them move through an opponent's square on a charge at a different level. The Suncrusher path NEEDS things that let them overcome DR, overcome Hardness, and reduce armor-based AC of opponents. Bloodless should have something to ignore critical hits or reduce the crit range/multiplier of weapons used against them.

Lord_Gareth
2008-05-07, 05:55 AM
I shall change the monastic feat progression ^_^

The Lightningblader is impossible to hit by anything less than an area-effect attack, aye. I'll mention that.

Yes, they're immune to their own Vulcan's Hammer. I'll mention that ^_^

As to Warp World and Distort Reality - I'm willing to hear suggestions, but at the moment, I'm sticking with what I have....mostly 'cause I want to finish the Path abilities first.

And I'm adapting the Lightningblade feats, actually, into their Path abilities, right along with the Doubleknife ones. We'll see how it goes ^_^

Keep them comments coming, I need them for balancing!

Lord_Gareth
2008-05-07, 09:48 AM
Ideas for Suncrusher Juggernaut -

Rain of Stone - The Suncrusher slams her blade into the ground and sends up needlelike shards of rock and earth that rain back down in a lethal hail. As a full-round action, they deal 1d4 points of damage per class level in a 40-foot radius centered on but not including them.

Hammer of the Suncrusher - Suncrusher Juggernauts ignore one point of hardness per character level and recieve a +4 competence bonus on all Sunder checks made with two-handed weapons.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2008-05-07, 09:55 AM
Ideas for Suncrusher Juggernaut -

Rain of Stone - The Suncrusher slams her blade into the ground and sends up needlelike shards of rock and earth that rain back down in a lethal hail. As a full-round action, they deal 1d4 points of damage per class level in a 40-foot radius centered on but not including them.

This I like, but I'd probably allow a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 Class Level + Str Modifier) for half damage. Maybe also knock opponents failing the save Prone or something. You know...for the whole Earth-shaking effect. Maybe later on in the progression this move can create difficult terrain in the area

Hammer of the Suncrusher - Suncrusher Juggernauts ignore one point of hardness per character level and recieve a +4 competence bonus on all Sunder checks made with two-handed weapons.

Given the power of some recent Tome of Battle maneuvers, overcoming Hardness COMPLETELY wouldn't be that powerful. If you keep with your progression, consider allowing it to apply to Damage Reduction as well.

-The Djinn

Lord_Gareth
2008-05-07, 10:11 AM
Noted ^_^ More ideas coming

Cleaving Blow (Ex) - Whenever the Suncrusher is using a two-handed melee weapon, she may choose to forgo her normal attacks and instead attack all beings in three adjacent spaces within her reach. She rolls a single attack against all of them, dealing normal damage to any beings she hits. Cleaving Blow is a full-round action.

At level [Blank], Cleaving Blow is a normal part of all melee attacks made by the Suncrusher Juggernaut.

Juggernaut's Blow (Ex) - As long as the Suncrusher is using a two-handed melee weapon, they may make a bull rush as part of any melee attack, with the following changes; they do not need to enter their target's space, and they need not follow their target to push them further distance. If the target is stopped by an obstacle, both they and the obstacle take 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet the target has not traveled, ignoring hardness.

Oversized Weapon Fighting (Ex) - The Suncrusher Juggernaut may use weapons designed for creatures up to one size larger than herself with no penalty. This does not stack with Monkey Grip.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2008-05-07, 10:16 AM
Love it. :smallbiggrin:

Also, so you have a power range for the modern Melee classes (seeing as how you don't have ToB), here are some of the top of the line (level 17+) effects, often usable every other round.

+2d6 Con damage
+100 damage
Instant Death (+20d6 damage on a successful save)
2 full attack actions
Heal 150 Hp
Deal 100 damage in a 60ft radius (Ref half)

Etc.

Lord_Gareth
2008-05-07, 11:56 AM
O.o Well, at least Doubleknife Shred isn't going to be broken...

Suncrusher entry edit is incoming.

Realms of Chaos
2008-05-07, 11:46 PM
1. Currently, I believe that the lightningblade adept path is a bit too powerful, seeing as there is no other way in existance to gain evasion at 1st level. Also, although you are obviously going somewhere with two-weapon fighting, this is the second feat you are granting. If anything, I suggest a +10 feet increase to speed and the run feat instead.
2. One way to smooth over the class and reduce the number of path steps needed at the same time would be to add some more bonus feats in their place. For example, instead of the current feat allotment, consider granting bonus feats at 1st, 5th, 9th, 13th, and 17th levels while granting path abilities at 3rd, 7th, 11th, 15th, and 19th levels.
3. Although it may seem simpler to keep the supernatural and extraordinary abilities separate via warp world and distort reality, some of the extraordinary abilities seem more potent than some of the supernatural abilities. Furthermore, some of the abilities (such as the theme song or special benefits when fighting another from your class in single combat) seem to be highly situational. I suggest a more fluid and progressive (power-wise) progression like the one below:

Warp the World (Su) - The Warpblade Disciple's very presence alters reality in subtle ways around him, changing the laws of physics and probability. They have an aura that extends 5 feet per class level from them and provides the following effects -

At second level, creatures within the aura take no damage from falling and only half damage from objects falling upon them. The objects (and theirselves) still fall as fast as normal - they simply are unharmed by it.

At fourth level, all creatures within this aura can fight without penalty at 0 hit points and can continue acting at -1 or fewer hit points as if possessing the diehard feat.

At sixth level, creatures within the aura gain a +4 circumstance bonus on all Jump checks, and they have no limits on the distances they may leap. Furthermore, they use the table for horizontal jump distances for vertical leaps.

At eighth level, all creatures in the aura gain a 20% miss chance as blows simply seem to graze past them or otherwise avoid striking them. A creature may choose to eliminate the miss chance of a single being within melee range by forgoing their own miss chance as a free action on their turn. They may maintain this as long as they are still alive and conscious.

At tenth level, all creatures within the aura gain the ability to teleport up to 10 feet as a swift action. Whenever a creature would be allowed an attack of opportunity, they may instead teleport up to 10 feet.

At twelfth level, all creatures within the aura are protected by the very force of their own personality or life-force. This provides each creature with a deflection bonus to its AC equal to its charisma modifier. Furthermore, the alignment of each creature is revealed by aura's appearance.

At fourteenth level, creatures within the aura lowered to -10 or less life may continue fighting without penalty for one round. If they have not received sufficient healing to restore them above -10 hit points by the end of that round, they die.

At sixteenth level, creatures within the aura deal a staggering amount of collateral damage. Whenever they strike something in melee combat, all unattended objects within adjacent to the object or being struck also take damage - thus, melee battles leave craters, collapse buildings, and otherwise scar the landscape.

At eighteenth level, all creatures within the aura gain DR 5/-. They still appear wounded - they simply ignore the blows. Furthermore, all creatures at half of their maximum hit points or lower gain fast healing 2.

Lord_Gareth
2008-05-08, 06:11 AM
*Steals RoC's Warp the World progression and runs away to Faerie with it*

Evasion at first level doesn't seem too terribly bad to me - hell, rogues only get it a single level later. If someone wants to be a dip classing son of a [censored] and their DM lets them, that isn't my fault.

More stuff to come today!

Lord_Gareth
2008-05-08, 06:27 AM
Suncrusher Juggernaut

Path Ability IV - Bonebreaker Blow (Ex) - The Suncrusher Juggernaut's blows are so ferocious as to powder bones and crush even the hardest armor into so much scrap metal. Whenever they deal damage to a creature in melee combat, reduce that creature's armor bonus to armor class by one point. If the bonus goes to zero or below, the armor is destroyed beyond all repair.

At tenth level, whenever they deal damage to a living creature with a discernable anatomy in melee combat, that creature takes a point of dexterity damage as their bones crack and fracture.

At sixteenth level, whenever they deal damage to a living creature with a discernable anatomy in melee combat, that creature takes a point of constitution damage from the sheer shock to their system.

Path Ability X - Suncrusher (Su) - Once per day, the Suncrusher Juggernaut can strike a blow so terrible that it blacks out the very sun itself. As a full-round action, they slam their blade into a ground with incredible force, sending out an immense shockwave. All creatures within 60 feet except the Suncrusher Juggernaut must make a Reflex save (DC 15 + 1/2 class level + Strengh modifier) or be thrown into the air and land prone, dealing them 5d6 bludgeoning damage. This is followed by an immense upwelling of dust and rock, rendering sight impossible within the radius for 4 rounds and dealing all creatures within the radius 10d8 bludgeoning damage as they are crushed by rock (Reflex save DC 10 + 1/2 class level + Strength modifier half, this ability is not affected by the Warp the World ability).

Djinn_in_Tonic
2008-05-08, 09:18 AM
Suncrusher Juggernaut

Path Ability IV - Bonebreaker Blow (Ex) - The Suncrusher Juggernaut's blows are so ferocious as to powder bones and crush even the hardest armor into so much scrap metal. Whenever they deal damage to a creature in melee combat, reduce that creature's armor bonus to armor class by one point. If the bonus goes to zero or below, the armor is destroyed beyond all repair.

Awesome. :smallbiggrin:

Path Ability X - Suncrusher (Su) - Once per day, the Suncrusher Juggernaut can strike a blow so terrible that it blacks out the very sun itself. As a full-round action, they slam their blade into a ground with incredible force, sending out an immense shockwave. All creatures within 60 feet except the Suncrusher Juggernaut must make a Reflex save (DC 15 + 1/2 class level + Strengh modifier) or be thrown into the air and land prone, dealing them 5d6 bludgeoning damage. This is followed by an immense upwelling of dust and rock, rendering sight impossible within the radius for 4 rounds and dealing all creatures within the radius 10d8 bludgeoning damage as they are crushed by rock (Reflex save DC 10 + 1/2 class level + Strength modifier half, this ability is not affected by the Warp the World ability).

Also pretty awesome, with a few problems. Why would a tough melee character benefit from rendering sight impossible? Sure, it'll deal 10d8+5d6 damage and knock some people prone, but a Rain of Stone is far more efficient for that AND allows actions to continue. A full attack is more devastating than the damage this offers, especially since foes with AoE effects and blindsight/blindsense/blindsight/true seeing will wreck the Suncrusher during this time.

Also, what with the institution of ToB, don't feel hesitant to make this 1/encounter...I like the idea of having only one truly limited ability...the 20th level one that wastes armies.

Just my 2cp.

--snip--

The 8th, 10th, and 12th level powers disagree with me, as they seem to actually HURT the Warpblade. Since a Warpblade needs Str, Dex, and Con, Cha seems a dump...having your opponents gain a bonus to armor class while you sit and are just as easy to hit as you always were is NOT good for fighter types...that dragon or balor will suddenly find it far easier to mop the floor with you.

The 8th level favors mobs, as a Warpblade will no longer be able to split a full-attack among several opponents. The Suncrusher's Cleaving Blow becomes far weaker, as only one opponent is sure to be hit, and, with your miss chance down to strike one foe, many smaller foes will be able to hit you reliably. I feel it is to situational, and it definitely isn't a feature I'd like to have when playing a melee character.

The teleport situation is rather strange...I could see abuse by teleporting further into your opponent's move to gain more teleports. Something about it just seems off to me, but I'm not sure what.

Other than that though, it looks pretty good. I'd personally like to see collateral damage moved up sooner, but that's life/ :smallbiggrin:

Lord_Gareth
2008-05-08, 09:36 AM
Alright, any suggestions to replace or redo Suncrusher?

Lord_Gareth
2008-05-08, 11:54 AM
Crack the World (Su) - The Suncrusher Juggernaut leaps into the air and brings their blade crashing down into the ground, sending an immense wave of stone spikes in a line in front of them. As a standard action, the Juggernaut may activate this ability, dealing 1d8 points of damage (both bludgeoning and piercing for the purposes of damage reduction) in a 60 foot line. Creatures in the line may make a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 class level + strength modifier) for half damage; those who fail are knocked prone and take an additional 2d6 points of bludgeoning damage from the violence of the attack.

Gale Force (Su) - The Suncrusher Juggernaut swings with such ferociousness that their sword strokes create immense gusts of wind. By taking a -5 penalty to hit on all melee attacks, the Suncrusher Juggernaut can make melee attack they perform that round also act as a gust of wind spell (Save DCs are Strength based). Furthermore, by readying an action, they may deflect ranged projectiles by blowing them away with an attack. Magical projectiles are unaffected by this ability.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2008-05-08, 06:14 PM
You may want to make Crack the World deal normal weapon damage, or at least 1d8 + Str x2 damage, as it allows a save (and cut out the additional 2d6 damage). That way it still remains a valid damaging option...1d8 is pretty unimpressive at anything above about 2nd level.

As a replacement for Suncrusher, though, I'm not sure. I'll get back to you on that one.

Lord_Gareth
2008-05-09, 03:27 PM
I actually meant to say 1d8 per class level and managed not to by mistake T_T

wakazashi.juice
2008-05-09, 05:29 PM
Doubleknife parry seems pretty powerful for a 3rd level ability, and the Suncrusher Juggernaut abilities seem out of order. Hammer of the Suncrusher should come first, then Oversized Weapon Fighting. Otherwise it seems fine, but a tad overpowered.

Also, does Warp the World apply to enemies in the area too?

Arbitrarity
2008-05-09, 10:30 PM
I think doubleknife parry is massively overpowered. It's much better than Wall of Blades, a warblade manuver that can be taken at that level. It's at will, no action, AND gives an AOO. It's closer to the 8'th level Setting Sun Fool's Strike, which causes an enemy to hit themselves if you beat them on an attack roll. Prehaps leave the parry aspect, and put it as an immediate action, later improving it to grant an AOO?

Lord_Gareth
2008-05-12, 05:54 AM
Doubleknife Parry (Ex) - Starting at third level, as an immediate action, the Lightningblade Adept may try to prevent an opponent from attacking him in melee. As long as the Lightningblade Adept is weilding two daggers, punching daggers, kukris, or any combination thereof, they may make an opposed attack roll against any opponent attacking them in melee. Success means they take no damage and may take an attack of opportunity against that opponent. Large weapons get a +4 bonus against being parried, and this bonus increases by +4 for each size category that the parried weapon is.

Before any more comments are lodged against Doubleknife, please look at the bolded section.

More work to be done today!

Lord_Gareth
2008-05-15, 06:18 AM
Path Ability VIII - Blacken the Sun - The Suncrusher Juggernaut draws upon her namesake and strikes a blow so fierce, it drives light from her vicinity. As a standard action, she may take a -10 penalty on her next attack. If she hits, her victim recieves an additional 1d4 damage per class level and an sphere ten feet per class level, centered on the victim, is affected as though by deeper darkness. The Suncrusher Juggernaut and her allies can see through this darkness as though it were not there.

Blacken the Sun may only be used once per encounter, and lasts one round per class level.

Path Ability IX - Starsnuffer - The Suncrusher Juggernaut becomes an avatar of fury on the battlefield, striking blows that defy logic and the laws of nature itself. All damage from her previous class features increases by one die step, and abilities with an area have that area increased by one-half. By taking a -5 penalty on her attacks, the Suncrusher Juggernaut may, as a standard action, strike an opponent so fiercely that they must make a fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 class level + strength modifier) or die. Opponents that are slain in this manner explode in a shower of gore and bony shrapnel, dealing 1d4 points of damage per two class levels in a 10 foot radius (reflex save DC 10 + 1/2 class level + HD of slain creature half).