PDA

View Full Version : Spell recharge varient... and Psionics?

Vazzaroth
2008-05-06, 06:58 PM
How does GitP think our group should incorporate these two things? Right now, we have worked out that my psionic warrior's power points recharge at a rate of 1/2 manifested level per hour. Any better ideas?

I suggested that Psions and Wilders, not that we have any in the game, should have some kind of faster recharge, like the difference between sorcerers and Wizards with the normal variant. Perhaps equal to manifester level

Cuddly
2008-05-06, 07:03 PM
I've always had a horrible time with keeping track of distance traveled/time elapsed in game.

Ryuuk
2008-05-06, 07:46 PM
There was a game I applied for that used the recharge variant. We had a few psionic characters, so we figured this version of the recharge variant for them:

It’s been a relatively slow day over here, so I’ve had plenty of time to think. Reading the variants, this is what I came up with.

Recharge Psionics: This variant is meant to be a counterpart to the Recharge Magic rules, allowing the different feel of both systems to go beyond the fluff and into the mechanics.

A Psionic character is given a number of power points equal to the sum of manifesting one power of each level known and half his manifester level(Example, a 15th level Psion would get 1+3+5+7+9+11+13+15+7.5=71pp, a 15th level Psychic Warrior would get 1+3+5+7+9+7.5=32pp).

When a Psionic character manifests a power, he spends PP as he would normally. Depending on the amount spent and the characters class, he checks the following tables:

Psion
1-2: 1st Level Power Recharge
3-4: 2nd Level Power Recharge
5-6: 3rd Level Power Recharge
7-8: 4th Level Power Recharge
9-10: 5th Level Power Recharge
11-12: 6th Level Power Recharge
13-14: 7th Level Power Recharge
15-16: 8th Level Power Recharge
17-20: 9th Level Power Recharge

Psychic Warrior
1-3: 1st Level Power Recharge
4-6: 2nd Level Power Recharge
7-9: 3rd Level Power Recharge
10-12: 4th Level Power Recharge
13-15: 5th Level Power Recharge
16-20: 6th Level Power Recharge

Using that as a base, he then sees how long those power points would take to recharge by using the Recharge Magic rules as normal. He may spend the same amount of power points again, but this will provoke another equivalent refresh rate (though you roll again for this recharge time).

A Psionic Character recharges an amount of power points per round equal to the pp spent on the manifestation divided by the rounds in which the recharge will be complete. (Example: 15 points are spent on a manifestation, a 5 is rolled as the length of the recharge, the character regains 15/5=3 power points per round for 5 rounds) (Not so neat example: 13 points are spent on a manifestation, a 3 is rolled as length of the recharge, the character regains 13/3=4.333 power points per round for three rounds, effectively gaining 4+4+5pp)

Here's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65198&highlight=Spookables&page=11) the original thread if you want to look at any changes I missed (pages 11 to 13, I think we decided to double the power points spent if a power was used while a recharge for a power of that same level equivalence was going on.)