PDA

View Full Version : Deck of Beasts?

Colt
2008-05-06, 07:30 PM
I'm having recollections of there being a Magical Item similar to Deck of many things that summoned monsters, but I can't find it. I'm trying to make a character built on Deck of Many Things, and i would really like to know if there are any other items like that. Thanks in advance for the help.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-05-06, 07:40 PM
Deck of Illusions (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#deckofIllusions) is the only thing close that I know of.

Kizara
2008-05-06, 07:42 PM
There's the Bags of Tricks. Roy had a crappy version of one in OOTS.

monty
2008-05-06, 07:48 PM
No, I think that's the regular Bag of Tricks. It just sucks that much.

DementedFellow
2008-05-06, 07:59 PM
Am I wrong in having the feeling you're going after something akin to Card Captor Sakura?

FlyMolo
2008-05-06, 08:04 PM
No, I think that's the regular Bag of Tricks. It just sucks that much.

QFT, it really does. Can be fun to use, but definitely not useful.

Azerian Kelimon
2008-05-06, 08:07 PM
Dunno, rhino's are neat. And bears. Never forget Winnie Pooh's.

senrath
2008-05-06, 08:15 PM
Dunno, rhino's are neat. And bears. Never forget Winnie Pooh's.

That's only in the best of the three bags. The first one is only really good for triggering traps.

monty
2008-05-06, 08:19 PM
That's only in the best of the three bags. The first one is only really good for triggering traps.

And feeding monsters. :smallbiggrin:

Mewtarthio
2008-05-06, 08:31 PM
I'm trying to make a character built on Deck of Many Things,

The Deck of Many Things is a Minor Artifact. Not only that, it's a Minor Artifact designed for the sole purpose of randomly sending the world to hell and consuming everything in chaos and disruption. How do you intend to make a character based off it?

RTGoodman
2008-05-06, 09:08 PM
The Deck of Many Things is a Minor Artifact. Not only that, it's a Minor Artifact designed for the sole purpose of randomly sending the world to hell and consuming everything in chaos and disruption. How do you intend to make a character based off it?

...Fatespinner? :smalltongue:

Actually I don't know how a whole character based just on the DoMT would work out, but I know there's a lot you could do with a character based around Fate and Luck. I mean, it seems like half of Complete Scoundrel was [Luck] feats and stuff related to them.

senrath
2008-05-07, 05:39 AM
I had a character pretty much based on a Deck of Many Things, a Bag of Tricks, and every other random item I could find. Just take enough levels of Wild Mage and you get to roll twice for each item each time and pick which result to use.

Fizban
2008-05-08, 12:10 AM
There is indeed a deck of summoning, don't remember what book it's in though. Might try the Magic Item Compendium. It sucked pretty bad though.

Dhavaer
2008-05-08, 07:06 AM
Please tell me I'm not the only one who saw 'Deck of Breasts?' when they looked at the title? :smalleek:

Thiel
2008-05-08, 07:30 AM
Please tell me I'm not the only one who saw 'Deck of Breasts?' when they looked at the title? :smalleek:

You weren't.

Anyway, you could make a use-activated single charged magical item shaped like a card that casts summon monster x.

senrath
2008-05-08, 08:36 AM
You weren't.

Anyway, you could make a use-activated single charged magical item shaped like a card that casts summon monster x.

I summon Couatl in attack mode!

Thiel
2008-05-08, 09:20 AM
I summon Couatl in attack mode!

Exactly.
That'll be 3825gp:smallamused:
7650gp if you aren't a caster. :smalleek:

senrath
2008-05-08, 03:10 PM
Exactly.
That'll be 3825gp:smallamused:
7650gp if you aren't a caster. :smalleek:

Do you take payment in slabs of iron?

NecroRebel
2008-05-08, 05:50 PM
I don't know of any magic items or artifacts that do anything of that nature, but I do know that a while back I homebrewed a class based off of turning creatures (and spells and items and eventually planar fragments) into cards that could then be released to fight for you. You might find it helpful, though you might want to alter the mechanics a bit as they are rather confusing.

It's in the archives now, here:The Palmist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-59096.html).