PDA

View Full Version : Battle/Helmed Horrors - a potential for a sharp suit?

Illiterate Scribe
2008-05-07, 12:02 PM
In a PbP that I'm currently preparing for, while perusing the sheets of my fellows, I've noticed that my level 21 Artificer/Renegade Mastermaker is looking fragile. Very fragile. As such, together with its going with the background, I've been considering making some sort of nifty device out of my gigantic craft reserve (pfeh, it, together with my starting wealth, can easily eat up the 76,650 required to make it.

A suit of armour.

But not just any suit of armour - given the character background, I was considering animating it - as a Helmed Horror/Battle Horror. Now, all the rules and background suggest that it's just an empty suit of plate mail, that you've said some magic words over, and *poof*, it's sentient and has some extra protective abilities. In other words, it's still as wearable as a suit of plate armour - in fact, as a warforged component, so that I can meld with it properly.

The question is, how would the fact that it's alive interact with my use of it? I wouldn't be using it to take multiple sets of actions, and it would be unreasonable to take its 26 strength, though it's appealing; I'm mostly looking at it as a way of getting the ACs, immunities, and airwalking. Could I get anything out of its HP, too?

Thanks in advance. I realise that this is not entirely in the letter of the RAW, but it's an interesting idea (IMO), and creative responses will be rewarded.