PDA

View Full Version : My right Bicep is larger than my left one

BillsBioBlog
2008-05-07, 05:17 PM
Yeah, I wore a T-shirt today and noticed my right bicep is slightly larger than my left one... which is kind of odd

Do you guys have odd things about your bodies? And please keep it clean

Saeveo
2008-05-07, 05:35 PM
Yeah, I wore a T-shirt today and noticed my right bicep is slightly larger than my left one... which is kind of odd

There's such an obvious crack to be made here about one arm being more muscular than the other. I'll avoid it. :smallbiggrin:

I've these little white dots just beneath my eyes. And I've hitchhiker's thumbs.

Jae
2008-05-07, 05:53 PM
Do you guys have odd things about your bodies?
foooool like you dont even know.
lol no mostly Ive just got the wierdest er twitches.
like if im anxious, either negative or positive, my leg will do that bounce up and thing uncontrollably. seriously, before a race people yell at me on the bleachers. and if im in my room my mom will come from the living room and tell me to stop.

and if im trying to focus i close my left eye. yeah. wierd. i think maybe i have better vision in my right eye (my vision is shot, either way) but ill do it even when im focusing on a thought. IM A FREEEEEEEK.

UglyPanda
2008-05-07, 05:57 PM
My left arm bends slightly too far in the wrong direction. I broke it when I was ten and it's been odd ever since it healed. My body also randomly thinks it's falling for a split second when I'm trying to sleep. It's rather unnerving.

RTGoodman
2008-05-07, 06:00 PM
Apparently the human body is supposed to be in proportion, with your armspan being roughly equal to your height. When we measured this back in high school for some Geometry or Algebra assignment, I ended up having an armspan of more than 10cm longer than my height, so I guess you could say I'm out of proportion.

Emperor Ing
2008-05-07, 06:03 PM
My body also randomly thinks it's falling for a split second when I'm trying to sleep. It's rather unnerving.

oh i get that all the time. It is indeed unnerving.

RS14
2008-05-07, 06:05 PM
I have a single hair in my eyebrow which grows out to two or three inches. It's also pure white. :smallconfused:

Dave Rapp
2008-05-07, 06:38 PM
I can do this thing where my thumb kind of pops out. It's hard to explain but it freaks some people out for some reason.

My toes are short-ish, and the pinkie toe is especially tiny. Also, the last two toes only have one joint... are all toes like that or are mine weird?

I have a single hair in my eyebrow which grows out to two or three inches. It's also pure white. :smallconfused:

That's not a hair, it's an antenna.

Blayze
2008-05-07, 06:39 PM
My body seems to produce urine at a faster rate than any other person I know (Despite me drinking less water than said "other people"), and often I will return from the toilet only to have to go back again. Combine this "ability" with alcohol and I may as well set up camp in the bathroom.

Copacetic
2008-05-07, 06:45 PM
I can move my hair without touching it a good three inches forward on my scalp and back, I can cackle like a squirel, and can lick my elbow. My veins are really close to my skin so I have a giant blue lne across my chest, ending in (Why I don't know) A leaf pattern on my shoulder. Well, I think it looks like a leaf.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-05-07, 06:50 PM
There's such an obvious crack to be made here about one arm being more muscular than the other. I'll avoid it. :smallbiggrin:

Damn! When I saw the title I wanted to say the same thing... You beat me to it! :furious::amused:

Thiel
2008-05-07, 06:51 PM
Let's see, my thumbs can bed 70 degrees backwards at the second joint, my big toe is the size the second, third and fourth toe put together and my skin has a bluish web-pattern on it. (Not s tattoo)

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-07, 06:58 PM
My skin is really thin. People often remark on how my veins make it look like I've drawn on myself with a blue marker. The people who take my blood for blood tests absolutely love it though.

Hm what else...I can disconnect my jaw.

Jagg
2008-05-07, 07:46 PM
I can crack lots of joints and knuckles...here I go..

*click* *click* *click* *click* *clink* *click *click* *click* *CLICK* (Left hand and thumb)
*click* *click* *click* *click* *clink* *click *click* *click* *CLICK* (Right hand and thumb)
*Clunk-click* Left Wrist
*Clink-cluck* Right Wrist
*Choc* Right Elbow
*Choc* Left Elbow
*Ka-Crunch* Right Shoulder/rotator cuff
*Ka-Crunch* Left Shoulder/rotator cuff
*clock* Look no hands!! (neck)
*clock* (neck in the other direction)
*cwok* Right side of jaw
*cwok* Left side of jaw
*tick* *tick* *tick* *tick* *tick* *tick*(spine)
*kechunk* Right hip
*kechunk* Left hip
*Crunch* Right knee
*click* left knee (doesn't make as much noise as the other one..old injury)
*cli-clack* Right Ankle
*cli-clack* Left ankle
*Cha-ch-cha-ch-rack* Left toes (all at once)
*Cha-cha-cha-rack* Right toes

And last but definately not least...(takes deep breath, Rolls back shoulders, and joins hands in small of back and streeeeeetch)
crunch (sternum)

That'll do.

Oh and I can put my fist in my mouth..:smallbiggrin:

Metal Head
2008-05-07, 08:25 PM
My left eye has a white dot in the middle of the pupil. It doesn't affect my vision at all. It's just there. Not much else for me.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-05-07, 08:29 PM
Same thing as other people with the veins. I can make them pop out of my arm. It freaks out all the girls in my class, so I don't do it alot.

Shades of Gray
2008-05-07, 08:29 PM
My body also randomly thinks it's falling for a split second when I'm trying to sleep. It's rather unnerving.

Odd, when I wake up from a nightmare I feel like I'm falling into my bed.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2008-05-07, 08:42 PM

I think it's probably safe to assume that you're right handed. Having one arm/bicep larger than the other is actually a rather normal thing for most people. It's a very natural thing to favor a side of your body depending on which hand you favor.

MisterSaturnine
2008-05-07, 08:53 PM
foooool like you dont even know.
lol no mostly Ive just got the wierdest er twitches.
like if im anxious, either negative or positive, my leg will do that bounce up and thing uncontrollably. seriously, before a race people yell at me on the bleachers. and if im in my room my mom will come from the living room and tell me to stop.

and if im trying to focus i close my left eye. yeah. wierd. i think maybe i have better vision in my right eye (my vision is shot, either way) but ill do it even when im focusing on a thought. IM A FREEEEEEEK.

Ha! Weird, my old (unrequited) flame had hummingbird legs! She also eats cheese sideways. It's very disconcerting.

My left eye seems to have trouble opening completely fully, and as a result always appears very subtly smaller. You have to look for it. Also, it tends to be closed or squinting whenever exposed to lights brighter than I'm accustomed to or outside, as it's more sensitive than my right.

BizzaroStormy
2008-05-07, 09:00 PM
I get nauseus if i do too many pelvic thrusts.

Rare Pink Leech
2008-05-07, 09:03 PM

As purple gelatinous cube o' Doom said, this is quite common. My right bicep and forearm are both bigger than the left.

I've these little white dots just beneath my eyes. And I've hitchhiker's thumbs.

You have those little white dots too? That makes me feel a bit better ... I don't know anyone else with them.

Uh, what else ... I can burp at will, and I have hitchhiker's thumbs like nobody's business. When I move the tip of my thumb back most people are freaked out since they think it's broken or something.

It's not odd, but it is a recessive trait: I have attached earlobes. I wouldn't point it out, except for the fact that whenever I was in science class and the teacher asked about our ear lobes, I was usually the only one with attached lobes and that seemed to freak everyone else out.

Chronos
2008-05-07, 09:06 PM
I can extend my fingers backwards 60 degrees, or 90 degrees if I push them. I can also fold my pinkie fingers sideways along the base of the other fingers, and wrap my index fingers over them.

I have a small mole on the left side of my nose. One of my uncles and my maternal grandfather had it, too.

The toenail on my little toe grows straight up, instead of forward. Most of the folks on my mom's side of the family have that, too.

Felixaar
2008-05-07, 09:27 PM

I applaud both your statement and self control :smallbiggrin:

Two genetic things for me, I've got a small lump of extra skin on my right ear that sticks out. My dad and his dad etc have it. Also, my feet generate calluses at a much larger amount than normal, and so I have big thick callusses over my feet. I can carve my initials into them!

My friend Rachel has this really weird thing with her (from memory, left) thumb. It's creepy and makes a loud clicking noise. Good fun.

Gaelbert
2008-05-07, 09:29 PM

According to Scott Adams, cartoonist of Dilbert, this is how Arnold Schwarzennegger got so muscular. His right arm got so big from writing his name everywhere, that he had to work out his left arm to balance it out.

I can force blood to my face and make it look really purple, but then I lose balance and fall, so I only do that when i'm sitting down. My shoulders make a weird grinding noise when i roll them, and I can grind my chin against many objects to make another grinding sound that's fairly loud.

Jae
2008-05-07, 10:28 PM
Ha! Weird, my old (unrequited) flame had hummingbird legs! She also eats cheese sideways. It's very disconcerting.
GASP! one conclusion, im your old love. i didnt even know it.
and =[ that made me feel bad because i eat food really, really wierd. REALLY. I tear everything up. pizza and stuff is eaten in pieces. cake has to be eaten in divided layers. lol just any kind of food has it's own individual "system" and i cant enjoy what im eating if it isnt eaten in said system.
have i ever mentioned im really, really odd/borderline ocd?

My left eye seems to have trouble opening completely fully, and as a result always appears very subtly smaller. You have to look for it. Also, it tends to be closed or squinting whenever exposed to lights brighter than I'm accustomed to or outside, as it's more sensitive than my right.
ah yeah that too! my left eye is barely ever completely open. maybe thats it! its more sensitive. im going to talk to my eye doctor, yeaaah

MisterSaturnine
2008-05-07, 10:46 PM
Well, I just assume my left eye's more sensitive because it tears up more consistently than the right.

Em has a very...limited diet. I can probably list most everything right here:

-Pizza
-Hot dogs (RARELY)
-Green apples (sliced)
-Apple sauce
-Pringles
-Cheese (in the aforementioned way)
-Other assorted snack foods normally found in a kindergartener's lunch box

She also is confused by two questions she's constantly asked, which don't really "click" well together--"Are you eating?" and "Are you pregnant?" :smallconfused:

She's a strange one. I think she might be weirder than I am. Well, I'm weirder, but the way in which I'm odd is rarely amusing.

Also, to contribute to what the topic was actually about, my left hand is stronger than my right. I'm right-handed. I use my right hand for everything but the left hand in piano pieces (and sometimes not even then. I have very long fingers).

skywalker
2008-05-08, 12:44 AM
How does one eat cheese sideways? :smallconfused:

On the topic of handed-ness, I am most assuredly right-handed. Pick things up, write, shoot guns, etc.

However, my left hand is much steadier. I can ride a bike using only my left hand, but if I try to use only my right, I fall over. I can drive using only my left hand, but my right has trouble keeping the car inside the lines.

Tempest Fennac
2008-05-08, 01:47 AM
My right bicep is bigger then my left one (I was going to say what PGC said about it). My left wrist is also thinner then my right one (I wear a watch on the left wrist, but it isn't too tight). Apart from that, I'm normal.

Thiel
2008-05-08, 02:12 AM
On top of the things I've already mentioned, my right eye has better night vision than my left eye.
I have a small black dot in my left eye. According to my doctor it's a small piece of tissue or bone from the wall of the posterior compartment floating around inside my eye.

How does one eat cheese sideways? :smallconfused:

On the topic of handed-ness, I am most assuredly right-handed. Pick things up, write, shoot guns, etc.

However, my left hand is much steadier. I can ride a bike using only my left hand, but if I try to use only my right, I fall over.
That's because it's easier to use your dominant hand for balance.

Tempest Fennac
2008-05-08, 02:21 AM
Isn't that uncomfortable, Thiel, and is it dangerous at all? Also, if it was potentially dangerous, could it be removed easily?

Silent Musician
2008-05-08, 02:25 AM

HE MASTURBATES!

poleboy
2008-05-08, 02:31 AM
my thumbs can bed 70 degrees backwards at the second joint

Yeah, I can do that too. But only with the right-hand one. Very strange.

And I enjoy cracking most joints as well. Especially my spine. Very satisfying when all the joints snap out and back in place at once.

*CRUNCH-*CLICK*CLICK*CLICK*!

Ahhh...

SDF
2008-05-08, 03:00 AM
I have huge hands with disproportionally large thumbs.

I have three nipples.

I have a streak of white hair on my head.

Thiel
2008-05-08, 03:02 AM
Not as far as I know. The procedure is, however, not without risks. Since the piece is less than 10 micrometers across they would have to drain the eye, filter the liquid and pour it back in again. For some reason they can't go in through the pupil so even if nothing went wrong, I'd end up with a scar on my eyeball!

Tempest Fennac
2008-05-08, 03:35 AM
Thanks for telling me. I'm guessing the scar would obscure your vision more, right?

Saeveo
2008-05-08, 03:42 AM
HE MASTURBATES!

....Yes. That's exactly what I was getting at. Thanks for clearing it up for everyone, Captain Obvious. :smallamused:

Thiel
2008-05-08, 04:34 AM
Thanks for telling me. I'm guessing the scar would obscure your vision more, right?

No, it wouldn't affect my vision, but the scars (They make two holes so the eye wont collapse because of the suction) tend to go dark so I would end up looking like I have three separate irises.

Tempest Fennac
2008-05-08, 04:44 AM
That would be annoying (I can see why you want to avoid surgery).

valadil
2008-05-08, 12:55 PM

Hey, me too! Except mine comes from the middle of my forehead. I hate it, but nobody else has ever seen it because it's so thin and white. The weird thing is that it grows back to full length in a couple days if I pluck it.

My right arm is bigger too. The left one is a little weaker, but the right one gets tired quicker, at least when I lift weights.

My fingers are pretty flexible. I used to be able to get my thumbs back to my wrists. I can bend the last joint on all my fingers without bending the others.

My left foot clicks. It has done so since I broke it in '04. No pain, just clicking.

Aereshaa_the_2nd
2008-05-08, 11:03 PM
The right side of my chest sticks out. :smalleek:
I have lots of brown spots on my body, not warts or freckles, just flat, brown spots. Weird.
Not really visible, but I never feel cold, even if it's 40 below.

13_CBS
2008-05-08, 11:14 PM
I can crack lots of joints and knuckles...here I go..

*click* *click* *click* *click* *clink* *click *click* *click* *CLICK* (Left hand and thumb)
*click* *click* *click* *click* *clink* *click *click* *click* *CLICK* (Right hand and thumb)
*Clunk-click* Left Wrist
*Clink-cluck* Right Wrist
*Choc* Right Elbow
*Choc* Left Elbow
*Ka-Crunch* Right Shoulder/rotator cuff
*Ka-Crunch* Left Shoulder/rotator cuff
*clock* Look no hands!! (neck)
*clock* (neck in the other direction)
*cwok* Right side of jaw
*cwok* Left side of jaw
*tick* *tick* *tick* *tick* *tick* *tick*(spine)
*kechunk* Right hip
*kechunk* Left hip
*Crunch* Right knee
*click* left knee (doesn't make as much noise as the other one..old injury)
*cli-clack* Right Ankle
*cli-clack* Left ankle
*Cha-ch-cha-ch-rack* Left toes (all at once)
*Cha-cha-cha-rack* Right toes

And last but definately not least...(takes deep breath, Rolls back shoulders, and joins hands in small of back and streeeeeetch)
crunch (sternum)

That'll do.

Oh and I can put my fist in my mouth..:smallbiggrin:

I can do all that, but also pop several joints in different ways (namely index finger, knees, spine, wrists).

I win.

Maxymiuk
2008-05-08, 11:17 PM
The right side of my chest sticks out. :smalleek:
I have lots of brown spots on my body, not warts or freckles, just flat, brown spots. Weird.
Not really visible, but I never feel cold, even if it's 40 below.

They're called birthmarks, I believe, and I have loads of those too. As does my brother. And I don't mind low temperatures either - people yell at me for going around in a t-shirt in late autumn, and then I make cracks about my great-grandmother seducing a bear one winter.

Other than that I can wiggle my ears, and my left eye is just a mite lower than my right one, which apparently gives me a "stoned out of his mind" look when I relax my face (and means any pair of sunglasses I put on looks lopsided).

Gaelbert
2008-05-08, 11:46 PM
I have huge hands with disproportionally large thumbs.

I have three nipples.

I have a streak of white hair on my head.

My friend had three nipples before I cut one off with a karate chop.
My lower body never feels cold. The only times I wear long pants are when I'm forced to for formal occasions. I even wore shorts to the snow and didn't get cold. My upper body is a little more normal temperatre wise, but I do get hot easily.

Jae
2008-05-08, 11:59 PM
Well, I just assume my left eye's more sensitive because it tears up more consistently than the right.
See idk my eyes never really tear up but i screw them up like all the time. I dont even know how many corneal abrasions ive had, they're little beetches. i was never an eye-disaster before contacts, though. i mean, besides the fact that i have the lightest kind of eyes you can have which made my vision HORRIBLE.

She also is confused by two questions she's constantly asked, which don't really "click" well together--"Are you eating?" and "Are you pregnant?"
lol though im not usually asked those questions too often (im asked, in sarcasm, if I ever eat but it pisses me off and im not too pleasant so thats mostly stopped..) simple questions confuse me. like, extremely simple questions. for some reason i get completely stupid at movie theaters and ill take five minutes to remember what movie im seeing. and one time the lady at the concession stand asked me ewhat i wanted and I said "uhm. yeah. sure." lol, really. im that dumb.

but ill talk to you for hours on some obscure, philosophical question... im oddly absent minded but base all my choices off in-depth thought. makes no sense, right?

EDIT: and i have this skill with making absolutely everything off of the original topic. errr yeah

Anon-a-mouse
2008-05-09, 12:06 AM
My body seems to produce urine at a faster rate than any other person I know (Despite me drinking less water than said "other people"), and often I will return from the toilet only to have to go back again. Combine this "ability" with alcohol and I may as well set up camp in the bathroom.

You may have diabetes.

Jagg
2008-05-09, 12:08 AM
I can do all that, but also pop several joints in different ways (namely index finger, knees, spine, wrists).

I win.

Bah I win...the post was long enough

you'll note the fingers...thats twice on each finger. I fudged it here let me show you.

First knuckle left hand down

*click click click click

First knuckle left hand sideways
cli-click cli-click cli-click cli-click

Third Knuckle left hand
*click click click click

Second knuckle left hand

*Soft click click click click

Repeat right hand

Also if it's cold and my hands are stiff I can hold my hands so that they are fingertip to fingertip and with just that pressure and practice crack all knuckles right to left, third, second, first knuckle in one long continuos crackle fest. (sounds like breakfast cereal)

Also each knee can be done twice. Straight on and sideways and I can generally do my big toes twice as well.

I WIN.

So is it just me CBS or is the sterum crack the loudest one?

Serpentine
2008-05-09, 12:43 AM
Lets see now...
I once thwacked my hand on the side of a pool, and now it tends to crack quite a lot and if you put your finger on the upper joint while I push it down you can feel... something.
Light makes me sneeze (Goff doesn't believe me).
Someone mentioned burping at will... I can do that, and I'm damn good at it :smallwink:
I am the Magic Eye Queen. I just have to look at one for a second or two and I got it. In a high school class, there were these books of photos of land from above, two photos of the same spot on one page, taken in slightly different positions. If you look through a specially cut card, the images merge together to create a 3D image. It hurts my eyes a bit, because they're further apart than actual Magic Eyes, but I can get the 3D image without the card.
...Is it odd that I'm so proud of that one?
I think I'm duck-footed, like my dad.
I kinda "click" when I walk. I'm not sure whether it's a sound or a feeling, but it normally happens when I put my left foot down. Sometimes it feels/sounds like it's coming from my leg or hip, sometimes from my neck, and often from my spine. It's kinda creepy, and obviously noone else can hear/feel it, so I don't know what it is.
I used to have a nice big gap in my teeth, but it closed up on its own. I miss that gap so much :smallfrown:
umm... I think that's about all I can think of at the moment. Goff's sternum cracks, but only since I kicked him into a cupboard.

Vella_Malachite
2008-05-09, 01:21 AM
Yeah, I'm good at Magic Eye puzzles, too...

Weird stuff...
My spine cracks. Loudly. All down the length. But only after I've been sitting in one place bent over for a while.
"Class dismissed."
*CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK CRUNCH!*:smallamused:

Also, my ankles crack.

My eyes are different colours (one's green, the other's blue) (Yay freakazoids!)

Aaaaannnd....all my fingers are bent slightly sideways at the top. It's genetic.

Reinboom
2008-05-09, 02:03 AM
For things others can see:
I can vibrate my eyes.
I can move my ears (without assisting them).
My thumbs are double jointed.
I can lock all the muscles in my left hand's index finger. This hurts a lot. Unless forced, however, once locked the finger doesn't shift out of pointing straight. I can't do this with my right.
My eyes turn a shade of blue randomly, then back to a hazelish color. I've only noticed this within the last few months. (I think it's a recently developed thing... don't know).

For things that only I can really sense:
My eyes view everything with a shade of blue over it, with the exception of looking at a pure white light. The 'whitespace' on this forums is 'bluespace' for me. I never actually noticed this until last year when it was brought to my attention via a few color theory course experiments. Of course, I still know what is 'red' by what was associated with it, colors are the 'same', just, with blue. The only difference, and it's a significant difference, that would catch any attention is that blue is a dominant color for me, while for nearly everyone else, it's a recessive color.

My sense of taste of strange. A lot of random tastes are heightened for me. For example - mustard. Imagine if you were forced to eat nothing but mustard, the taste of just it (or... if you like just mustard, instead a purity of something else that you dislike alone). If something has a drop of mustard on it that isn't cooked in, then that's what I taste. Just the mustard. In other cases, everything is heightened. I enjoy it, though, - for mixing that is. I have the cravings of a pregnant lady, without the pregnancy and more of the cravings. I'm the type of person that mixed their meals completely as a child.

Certain portions of my skin feels the tiniest of touches. I can't stand people just randomly poking me, for this reason. I also can not stand crush velvet.

And finally, other acts that seems like most of the world seeks in to for pleasure, I find as one of the most painful things ever. Body wide pain.

Thiel
2008-05-09, 03:39 AM
I'm also duck footed to a rather extreme degree. In fact I can barely make my toes meet when standing straight.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2008-05-09, 03:57 AM
My nose is a little off center, but you have to look for it to see. Also, a lot of my fingers and toes, both only on the right are really callused, and skin on them dies at a high rate. I may be by turning into a lich. 'Bout time.

Ashtar
2008-05-09, 04:22 AM
I've got a permanent bump on my right hand's middle finger. It developed when I was in school and has never gone away.
It's in exactly the right position to allow pens and pencils to rest on it while I write... I expected it to dissapear once I stopped writing so much by hand, but it's still there.

I can control my eyebrows independently... which some people don't seem to be able to do.

Felixaar
2008-05-09, 05:49 AM
Lucky people with their magic eye skills. I'm absolutely hopeless at 'em, due to slight colourblindedness. All I see is 1's and 0's.

Wait, this isnt the magic eye book. It's my binary translator.

Why the hell do I have a binary translator?

In all seriousness though, Serp, I side with Goff in being slightly skeptical that light could make you sneeze. Perhaps it's merely the way that bright light illuminates the dust particles floating through the air, and your sub concious goes "Oh no! Dust! It's in my nose! It's in my nose! Sneeze, woman, damn you, sneeze!" or my made up silence could be as fraudgelent as it probably is, and you're right. If so, thats cool.

Now, I have a question for all of you, cause I've got this lump on the back of my head and I'm curious if everyone has it or I'm special.

Well, special-er.

okay, so put your hand on the back of you neck and feel upwards to where your hair begins to sprout. about an inch or two upwards I have this lump... or actually it's more like a ridge. Anyone else got it?

I'm also quite lucky, cause I've got two massive lumps on my forehead from seperate sporting injuries, but they're perfectly symetrical, and thus pretty much unnoticeable. Ones from a golf ball, the other a tennis racket.

WalkingTarget
2008-05-09, 08:30 AM
Hmm...

My ankles pop when I go up or down stairs (and sometimes when I'm just walking). I can't do it intentionally, but sometimes they'll do so with every step for quite a long distance.

The right side of my jaw will pop sometimes while I'm eating.

I can bend the first joints of all of my fingers independently of the rest.

My fingers are fairly flexible, but not quite to the extent as some people here.

I can wiggle my ears and have independent control of my eyebrows.

I can do the same blood-rushing-to-face trick as coolgaelbert (or, at least his description seems to fit).

okay, so put your hand on the back of you neck and feel upwards to where your hair begins to sprout. about an inch or two upwards I have this lump... or actually it's more like a ridge. Anyone else got it?

Yeah, it's not terribly uncommon to my knowledge (well, I have it too at least). Just part of the occipital bone.

Serpentine
2008-05-09, 10:27 AM
In all seriousness though, Serp, I side with Goff in being slightly skeptical that light could make you sneeze. Perhaps it's merely the way that bright light illuminates the dust particles floating through the air, and your sub concious goes "Oh no! Dust! It's in my nose! It's in my nose! Sneeze, woman, damn you, sneeze!" or my made up silence could be as fraudgelent as it probably is, and you're right. If so, thats cool.Well, whether or not I actually have it, my mum* tells me that a portion of humans are stimulated to sneeze by bright lights.

*So that doesn't sound completely lame and irrelevant, she's a doctor. Like, a people doctor.

WalkingTarget
2008-05-09, 10:35 AM
Well, whether or not I actually have it, my mum* tells me that a portion of humans are stimulated to sneeze by bright lights.

*So that doesn't sound completely lame and irrelevant, she's a doctor. Like, a people doctor.

Yeah, I've known a few people like that. See this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photic_sneeze_reflex), for example.

Telonius
2008-05-09, 11:18 AM
Odd things about my body...

I was born with a separated collarbone, and it never quite healed correctly.

The left and right halves of my ribcage don't match up precisely. The right meets my sternum about an inch farther out than the left does.

My toes are unusually long. To the point that I can sometimes pick things up with them. I've sometimes joked that if I ever lose both arms in a horrible accident, I'll form a band with that other guy who plays guitar with his feet.

Ashtar
2008-05-09, 01:12 PM
Hey thanks WalkingTarget =)

I sneeze when I chew a strong mint gum, now I know why. Everyone was saying: "Gum can't make you sneeze..." but it does. Now I know why. :smallbiggrin: Photic sneeze reflex!

Emperor Ing
2008-05-09, 01:17 PM
My left side is stronger than my right side, but i'm right handed and right footed.
Hell the vision in my left eye is stronger! :smalleek:

skywalker
2008-05-09, 01:53 PM
she's a doctor. Like, a people doctor.
I found this rather hilarious, did anyone else? I always assume a "doctor" is a people doctor, unless otherwise told.

The Orange Zergling
2008-05-09, 02:29 PM
My dad sneezes at bright lights too.

I can crack my right wrist at will, an infinite number of times in a row. It starts to hurt after a while though.

I have this little indentation in my skull on my forehead, which is exactly where my dad has a scar from when he fell off a fence when he was 3.

I can go half-cross-eyed; one eye will look at the other but the other will look straight ahead. I can do this with both eyes. It's a lot easier with the left, though.

I have this mole thingy on my left wrist that has two black hairs that can grow several inches long.

My middle fingers are very crooked.

Flying Elephant
2008-05-09, 03:41 PM
My left little finger can bend backwards until it touches the back of my hand. Also, I have three purple blackish lines (they have the colour of bruises) running parallel across the right side of my back that have been there for over a year.

Thiel
2008-05-09, 04:00 PM
I never notice these things normally, but here's a couple of additional points to my list.
My right upper arm and parts of the shoulder is covered in small red and white bumps. I don't know what they are, but I've had them for as long as I can remember.
I have a small patch on the side of my head that's completely bald. I've always had it so it's not because I'm balding, but it is kinda weird.
I can do a Star Trek salute. \\//

Aereshaa_the_2nd
2008-05-09, 04:39 PM
@walking target:I have this bump on my head too. So does my dad. looks like it's not that uncommon.

@Telonius: I have the "ribcage not matching up" too. You described it better.

@^: Ah, but can you do it with your toes? They should call you mario, 'cause you just got 1UP'D! :smalltongue:

Bonecrusher Doc
2008-05-09, 04:56 PM
I'm a physical therapist, so I get to examine cool stuff like this for my job :smalltongue:. It's fascinating (well, to me) how imperfect everyone's bodies are if you look closely. I remember an old black-and-white scifi movie in which they figured out this guy was actually an alien in artificial human form because he had nothing "wrong" with his body - which just doesn't happen with genuine humans!

Is it bad that I saw a picture of Halle Berry in a swimsuit and the first thing I noticed was her flat feet? (My friend who is a dentist said the first thing he noticed was the veneers on her teeth.)

I have had patients with feet so flat they make a suction cup noise walking across the floor.

Personally I have one eye that's a little bit closed, and I also remember one day trying on sunglasses at Walmart... ALL THESE SUNGLASSES ARE CROOKED!... oh wait, I just have one ear lower than the other.
When I raise my foot, instead of mainly using the muscle that everybody else uses (the tibialis anterior), I for some reason use the muscles that extend the toes, resulting in those tendons being large and prominent.
Also I have surprising control over the smallest toe on each of my feet (still not very useful though).

I had a patient with PECTUS EXCAVATUM once which was pretty cool-looking.

"Double-jointedness" can sometimes make you more likely to have some shoulder problems, so one quick test I do is ask patients if they can bend their thumb backwards to touch their wrist.

I have the opposite problem - my ligaments and muscles are so tight, I can't sit on the ground with my legs out in front of me, nor have I ever really been able to sit tailor-style ("Indian-style") comfortably, even back in elementary school.

Usually if you are right-handed, your right shoulder is lower than the left.

For patients with back pain, I commonly measure to see if one leg is slightly longer than the other (if so, I usually just try putting a little something in their shoe, under the heel of the short leg, to make up the difference).

Some people have more or less vertebra in their spine (usually it's an L6, which is separate from the sacrum instead of being fused as is typical).

There are certain muscles in the body, such as the plantaris, that only a minority of people possess.

I had a patient who had one of his lat (latissimus dorsi) muscles removed to repair a burn on his leg, and he could still do pullups afterwards.

OK, I'll stop now before I bore people. What can I say, I love my job!

Thiel
2008-05-09, 05:45 PM
@^: Ah, but can you do it with your toes? They should call you mario, 'cause you just got 1UP'D! :smalltongue:

Turns out that i can. :tongue:
My foot cramps up badly when I do it though.

WalkingTarget
2008-05-09, 11:15 PM
one quick test I do is ask patients if they can bend their thumb backwards to touch their wrist.

Oh, I can totally do that too.

Serpentine
2008-05-09, 11:41 PM
My right upper arm and parts of the shoulder is covered in small red and white bumps. I don't know what they are, but I've had them for as long as I can remember.Is it something like Keratosis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keratosis_pilaris) pilaris (http://www.atlasdermatologico.com.br/ListaImagens/Keratosis_Pilaris3.JPG)? If so, it's more common in women than men, will often go away with age, and - according to my mum (yes, the people doctor :smalltongue:) - can really only be "treated" by getting a tan to hide it. It's very common. I know my sister and I have it (nowhere near as bad as in that picture). It's rather annoying :smallannoyed:

Mattarias, King.
2008-05-10, 12:21 AM
I... have a "mysterious scar" on my right eye since birth. :smallconfused: Nobody's been able to figure out what it's from. Unfortunately, I've never been able to get a look at it, either..

Zombie pixe
2008-05-10, 03:56 PM
One of my Eyes is slightly lower than the other. (its not obvious but its there)

My tendons sick out EVERYWHERE, especialy on my thumbs :smallconfused:

My hair changes colour according to length, honestly, when it is short it is dark ginger, but when it is long it goes almost compleatly blonde!!

ummmm, i think thats it for now...

Adlan
2008-05-10, 04:17 PM

My Right Arm is Noticably Much Bigger than my Left, because I'm an Archer. I am doing a Scott Adams eske tactic of trying to lift more weights with my left to build them both up equally.

My Beard Comes through Ginger in two patches.

PS: I throught everyone Sneezed in Bright Light. The Optic Nerve runs right next to the sinuses, and the nerves assosiated there.

Collin152
2008-05-10, 04:45 PM
There is no joint that I cannot crack.
Whenever I want to.
My spine hates me for it, but the feeling is mutual.

My nails grow at an alarming rate.
I seriously cut them just last week, and they already dwarf the fake nails of my female associates.
They slow down once they reach their favorite length, but they sure get there fast.
They are painful in the mornings. For some reason, from the final joint to the end of the nail, my fingers hurt in the morning until they've been in hot water for about three minutes.

I have a substantial chance of having inherited Rhumatoid Arthritis, also.
I'm very skeletal in apearence. Almost no flesh at all.
Weighing in at 105 pounds, all my ribs visible as the default, bony shoulders and arms, and eerie thin wrists... Once, while looking in a mirror, I fancied I could see my skull. I could, too.

But then, I often have the sensation I can see things I shouldn't be able to. Behind doors, inside of bodies, the future...

I'm od, physically, mentally, and physically.

Thiel
2008-05-10, 06:32 PM
Is it something like Keratosis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keratosis_pilaris) pilaris (http://www.atlasdermatologico.com.br/ListaImagens/Keratosis_Pilaris3.JPG)? If so, it's more common in women than men, will often go away with age, and - according to my mum (yes, the people doctor :smalltongue:) - can really only be "treated" by getting a tan to hide it. It's very common. I know my sister and I have it (nowhere near as bad as in that picture). It's rather annoying :smallannoyed:

Yup, that's it. Not as prominent though. Getting a tan won't help though, since I have a large patch of skin there that won't take colour. I got swiped with a live electric wire a couple of years ago and it caused a localized pigment deficiency where it hit. (Hurt like hell too.)

Serpentine
2008-05-10, 10:28 PM
That's... kinda cool, actually.

I have freakish feet. For starters, they're wide and stubby, and also pretty flat, and my ankles roll inwards (I wear in-soles in my shoes for the latter two, or my shoes rub on the inside and, expecially in the case of higher heeled boots, become unwearable without falling over a lot). Now. My big toes look mostly normal, except that the nails curve over a lot, causing them to be really prone to in-grown toenails - I have them almost chronically. My next toe is also fairly normal, except for being kinda stubby and curving to the outside. My middle toe is also pretty normal, except for the thing I'll describe in a minute. The second-from-last is kinda thin close to the foot, then bulges outward and twists inwards. My little toe, which is the really freakish one, fits into the second-from-last, snuggling up to a hollow in it. It's also tiny, like a weird little knob with a miniscule sliver of nail. The four smaller toes kind of stick out from the foot... It's hard to explain, but the flesh of my foot sort of sticks out in a curve from the big toe, and the small toes protrude from it. Maybe I should get a picture...
Finally, my feet are really annoying. They get a lot of calluses and rough skin, they keep peeling something nasty, I get those sweat blisters a lot... For some reason, a patch on the bottom of my right foot suddenly got really dry and itchy and started peeling. Not just the outer layer of skin, right down deep to where it hurts. :smallfrown:
Stoopid feet...

TheLogman
2008-05-10, 10:37 PM
My tongue is both Geographic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic_Tounge) and Fissured (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fissured_tongue). ON top of that, the Fissures decide to change daily, which is kinda weird. Oh, and my tongue is weirder and fissured than the ones in the pictures.

Thiel
2008-05-11, 11:47 AM
That's... kinda cool, actually.
Well, it wasn't when it happened.

I also got four small circular scars on my right big toe. I got them three years ago when I dropped a nailgun on it. I still haven't managed to figure out how it managed to fire four nails at once.

captain_decadence
2008-05-11, 06:53 PM
I have a few different things, none of them things I was born with.

1. I have a rectangle on my fore-arm that stretches almost from my elbow to my wrist (but not quite) where my skin is permanently a different color. I had a chemical burn from an ice pack a hospital put on me that had tiny holes that somehow developed.

2. My left eye is frequently squintier than my right. I had an extremely bad infection (corneal ulcer) and my eye was swollen shut for a little over a week. As far as the doctors can tell, there's probably just a little liquid left in the area that was swollen so it can look squintier.

3. I have almost no cartilage between two of my vertebrae (as in, we couldn't see it in an x-ray but they assume that it's there or I'd make a scrappy noise). The doctor isn't sure why, but my grandmother has it also so...

Fostire
2008-05-11, 08:34 PM
They are painful in the mornings. For some reason, from the final joint to the end of the nail, my fingers hurt in the morning until they've been in hot water for about three minutes.

Do they sometimes itch too? If so you might have the same as I. I dont know how its called but its caused by poor blood circulation and cold. I get it when i get up in the mornings and when i use the computer for a while. Wearing gloves all the time seemed to solve it.

I have a birthmark on my right sclera (the white part of the eye).
I can touch my little finger with my index finger (on the same hand).

AslanCross
2008-05-11, 08:40 PM
I have a pale colored birthmark on my waist. It's shaped like Australia.

My pinky fingers are slightly bent inwards. It seems to run in the family.

Aereshaa_the_2nd
2008-05-12, 10:30 PM
Forgot a few oddities.
I am very resistant to cold, in a "wearing a sweater and jeans outside in january" and "looking like a deranged psychopath" way.:smalleek:
I can eat the spiciest foods. for example I am currently enjoying fries soaked in tabasco sauce.
For something way out of line, consider that I haven't slept in 3 days, and the world is getting a bad frame rate, with black in between.

EelaineJutsu
2010-04-14, 07:10 PM
I have heaps of beauty spots . BUT on my face two of my beauty spots on opp. sides are in-line with each other.

I have double-jointed thumbs and my fingers are slightly bent on the top. I can bend them all back 80 degrees or more.

The left side of my face looks a bit saggier than my right if you look close.

I've had this giant mole on my hair line and its pretty big and disproportionate; I've had it since I was small.

My left hand is steadier than my right, my right tends to shake but I still draw with it, but it doesn't affect my drawings.

My ears are small for my face, and when I look closely at them, one ear seems to be higher than the other ...

My right hand is chubbier than my left.

My dimples are on the top of my cheeks not where other people's cool dimples are. <- does that make sense ?

I can taste onions in practically anything, they disgust me unless they're bbq'd .

IM like that other girl. I'm really lost when it comes to simple questions, but give me some hard ones and i'll blab away. Ask me for a pen i'll give you an eraser and then argue that you asked for an eraser ... hha oh and the only time i like doing work is to prove the teacher wrong and to figure out something they can't.

I can't remember well about the day before, even my birthdays. Is it weird that I don't really care about my birthday, I'd rather be over and done with it no matter how cool it is. I like other people's birthdays better ... LOL

Dr.Epic
2010-04-14, 07:17 PM

Could you post a pick? I'd like to see this.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-04-14, 07:20 PM
This is more than a year necro-posting. Though it may make you feel like a necro-pimp, this thread would very much like to remain necced.

Krade
2010-04-14, 07:21 PM
Could you post a pick? I'd like to see this.

Heheh...

This thread is a almost 2 years old and has just been necromanced. I don't think he'll reply.

@EelaineJutsu: I am curious as to how you picked this old thread and decided to post in it. This kind of thing happens often enough that I'm really curious about the process of finding a random 2-year-old thread to post in.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2010-04-14, 07:29 PM
Well once, I accidentally changed my settings to put oldest threads at the top. I believe it was a homebrew bayonet by Fax Celestis. :smallcool:

Partof1
2010-04-14, 08:01 PM
I can crack nearly every joint in my body.
I can burp on command
My feet have bumps right on top of them, just above my arches.

Roland St. Jude
2010-04-14, 08:04 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: Almost two year old thread necromancy.