PDA

View Full Version : Urban Dead

Albub
2008-05-07, 08:50 PM
What happened to the thread/group? It sorta just, dropped off the map.

Any GitP players still active, report to Ackland Mall immediately for Ron Burgundy's glorious funeral pyre!

Also, check out the RP section of the NMC forums.

LordVader
2008-06-01, 06:50 PM
Ron Burgundy? Noooooo!

I'd love to launch this group again, I just fell back from Tynte Mall after it was inconcievable sacked; if the survivors had gotten their asses in gear, they easily could have stopped them...

Anyways, I'm holed up to the west of it in Pimbank, trying to spread the word and get people to re-group. I've got a mobile phone; do you have one?

Also, if anyone's got an alt, I'm trying to start up a group called SICON (in tribute to Starship Troopers) as a defense group in the Kempsterbank area. It was the place my original alt started, so it's got some special meaning for me, and it's also close to Ridleybank.

EDIT: Hmmm, apparently the Militant Order of Barhah did us in. That would explain it; I could see a well-coordinated group like that easily taking the mall down.

Krrth
2008-06-01, 07:00 PM
I'm still around, although I haven't been as active as late.

Inhuman Bot
2008-06-01, 07:00 PM
Hey, I just started UD, and want a reliable group of none backstabbers. So, let's try to make an OotS group. In UD I'am Slaanash. Wheres a good spot to hide?

LordVader
2008-06-01, 07:25 PM
There actually is an OOTS group, the Defenders of the Playground. It kinda died, let's revive it. Here's the message board: defendersotp.proboards74.com

May I suggest meeting at Pole Mall in West Grayside? An alt moved through there recently, and it seems to check out as safe. Post a link to your profile here, and add us as blue for the group color. :smallsmile:

BTW, Slaanesh, if you don't use the wiki, do. It's got a great map, danger warnings, the works. Here's the URL:www.wiki.urbandead.com

Here's my profile: Major Powers (http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=995487)

Inhuman Bot
2008-06-01, 07:42 PM
Fudge! asleep, outside, in wrey heights!
http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1264040 thats me. Lets start the DoftP up again.

LordVader
2008-06-01, 08:04 PM
Outside? Well, if that's a green 'burb, you may yet live out the night. :smallwink: But I doubt it. Go on the Wiki, find the nearest RP, and be prepared to move there. The lower levels can be rough, here's a few skills you'll need:
1)Free Running
2) Free Running
3) Free Running
As you can see, Free Running is essential to survival; it allows you to move about the city unhindered. Get this first. You absolutely, positively MUST.

Next, you'll want maybe Pistol Proficiency and Shopping. Once you get to Pole (or near it, alive or dead, doesn't matter) I'll help you to find a Police Station for ammo; alternatively, we could try Fort Perryn, Creedy is sacked. We need to get you to Level 2 so you can use Free Running. It gets easier from there.

NikkTheTrick
2008-06-01, 09:44 PM
Actually, I'd make it diagnosis a #2 or even #1 skill. Healing is the most efficient source of exp early on and there are always some non-overbarricaded hospitals around.

But make sure Diagnosis and Free Running are your first 2 skills.

Third and fourth should be consumer and bargain hunting - that will let you search for FAKs (First Aid Kits) a LOT more efficiently in malls. Then, just keep healing people everywhere to gain exp. Take First Aid last since you don't want to heal them too fast, otherwise you'll spend more APs looking for patients - exp is awarder per heal, not per damage healed.

Actually, once you get Diagnosis and Free Running, you can go to a nearby mall siege. We'd use some survivor hands over here at Nichols mall. A lot of people in need of patching up.

P.S. HEaling yourself does not give XP. However, you can always hurt someone and then heal them for XP. Make sure you get away at the end of the day though since for some reason people get upset with that.

Lycan 01
2008-06-01, 10:52 PM
I quit when the zombies got the ability to block survivors barricading doors. I was one of the people defending the mall in the siege that brought about that new rule. We'd held it off for several days, and Keven himself was one of the zombies outside. There was a bit of a game going with the defenders on who could kill his character the most...

And then there was an update. Zombies gained the ability to reduce the chances of a barricade attempt succeeding just by existing. A few zombies got in, we couldn't get the 'cades back up, and soon we were overrun.

I just don't want to play a game where the creator gives half his player base the shaft like that. It just wasn't fair... All the time I'd put into that game ceased to matter when I saw the mall fall to the zombie siege in a fraction of the time we'd been defending it for. It... it... its just wasn't right.

NikkTheTrick
2008-06-01, 11:28 PM
Well, to be fair survivors were mopping the streets with zombies when that change came along. Group I am in (Paradox), even though it is a suburb-based group (Tollyton being that suburb. We spilled a lot of blood for Wodroffe mall fighting zombies and PKers), we were making expedition after expedition into zombie territory and re-cading everything.

I, along with portion of our group, are fighting for Nichols now. It had been besieged for a very long time and will not go down. went NT is changing hands daily, but that's it.

So, if anything, game is a lot more balanced now. remember: survivor advantage is mobility. We can move faster than unskilled zombies, we can stay inside, being both invisible from zombies and hard to get to even if we are found (a zombie will most likely not breach EHB building alone even if he spends all 50 AP on it). I managed to survive alone in freaking Ridley bank for two weeks when it was full of RRF!

So, log back up and get your booty to Nichols and hold it with us, soldier!

LordVader
2008-06-02, 09:09 AM
I'm going to take my alt and see if Slaanesh is still alive.

Inhuman Bot
2008-06-02, 12:16 PM
no. I'am roadkill, every zomibe in the area came and ganked me (read THERE was 20!!!) I need a rez now >.> .

Inhuman Bot
2008-06-02, 12:25 PM
Hey, my Brother (ChaoticDaemon, a medic) wants to join the DotP, so thats who that is. Edit: Figures, he fell asleep because I was on earlier >.>

LordVader
2008-06-02, 01:13 PM
Alright, here's what you do: go on the wiki, find the nearest RP, and head there. Get revived, and head to the fire station north of the mall. Major Powers will be down there in a while, I'm trying to stay alive right now. Tynte is overrun, and the ruination is spreading.

Meanwhile, post your current location in the DotP forum. Have your brother make an account too.

DemonicAngel
2008-06-02, 01:31 PM
Gonna start playing, if you don't mind. I'm thinking about being a firefighter, a policeman, or a soldier. which one should I choose?

LordVader
2008-06-02, 01:43 PM
IMO, Fireman is a good starter; you don't need ammo to kill zeds--->good, as finding ammo early is hard. One of my alts is a fireman, and it works well.

Just keep in mind, if you find a zed and don't kill it, they may be able to track you back to the safehouse if they have a high enough skill. Plus, never sleep (AP out) in RPs(resource points)--> hospitals, fire stations, police departments, etc. Prime targets for attack. Malls are usually safe though.

And I cannot recommend strongly enough that you use the wiki. It is absolutely essential, especially the map for danger levels and locations.

DemonicAngel
2008-06-02, 01:48 PM
any other classes I might find interesting? (I'm not really a trigger happy maniac... but I'm a lousy 'healer'... so, anything else?)

EDIT: chose scout... I like free running (; so, where are you all hiding?

LordVader
2008-06-02, 02:19 PM
Scout's alright, starting with Free Running is good, but you lack an effective way to kill zombies! :smalltongue:

Pole Mall in West Grayside is the meetup point. Wiki says WG is safe right now, so it's a good place to meet and we can stock up at Pole before moving out.

Zakama
2008-06-02, 02:33 PM
... :smallsigh:

About the DotP... I don't really have much interest in UD right now. I PMed Steve Harvey (starwoof) a while back too and he said he wasn't interested either. If you guys want to get together under the DotP banner, you have my blessing, but I'm not sure I'll be doing much. Unless you can convince me to come back that is.

Albub
2008-06-02, 02:44 PM
I love when people whine about the 'cade blocking update. It was just the kick in the balls survivors needed to show us how affluent and useless we really were. We could easily have held Giddings regardless of the update, were it not for the idiots that comprised 99% of the survivor population at the time. We had well over 1000 people in the suburb, and we were brought down by an 80 zombie break in because none of the survivors in other corners of the mall thought it'd be a good idea to contribute, nor did any of the survivors from the NT. I hated survivors so badly after the fall of Giddings that I played zombie for a few months afterwards and was directly responsible for the destruction of no less than 5 survivor strongholds and was heavily involved in a dozen more. Survivors had grown fat off of their overpoweredness. Once things were balanced properly, the teamwork and higher average intelligence of zombies meant that wiping out survivors was like shooting stupid, lazy fish in a barrel. Once we smartened up, I made the switch back to the living and am now able to peacefully coexist with my fellow survivors.

I really miss the feeling of fellowship though... feeding groans, feeding drag for my younger brazzahz and z!zzahz. I might go back to them some day.

LordVader
2008-06-02, 04:17 PM
For now, let's just meet up at Pole, we can elect a leader or something once we have more people.

I'm currently in Roftwood, it's going to take me a few days to get down there.

Inhuman Bot
2008-06-02, 05:23 PM
ell, after being Locked out of UD, my bro is dead too. We're haging out at a revive point, then will hightail it to Pole mall. I got some more ammo, so we'll be better prepared for when we get into POle. I'am on mallet avenue right now. Can one of you guys revive me?

LordVader
2008-06-02, 05:48 PM
I cannot use a revivification syringe yet, sorry. :(

Try finding the Revive Requests board from the wiki and putting one in there; although, truth be told, there's usually an ample supply of revivers at any RP.

LordVader
2008-06-03, 03:31 PM
Alright, I made it all the way from Roftwood to Pole Mall. I am in the southernmost corner. Awaiting status reports. :smallsmile:

Nibleswick
2008-06-03, 10:08 PM
Haven't played in a while, but I think I might join the group this time.

Here (http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1002267) is my profile.

Edit: I've been playing all this time and it seems that I never learned how to add people to my contacts list.:smalleek:

LordVader
2008-06-04, 10:05 AM
Click on their profile, and option's at the bottom.

I was just PKed by Dirk Triggerfinger (http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1072621). He's in the southernmost corner of the mall. KoS, I'll get his profile ASAP.

LordVader
2008-06-06, 06:34 PM
Alright, I have a problem. This son of a female dog is griefing me for some reason. He's killed me 3 times already.

I'm trying to get this sorted out on the CGR forums, as this is EXTREMELY annoying. In the meantime, if any of you stumble across him, please ask him why he's doing it. Much obliged.

NikkTheTrick
2008-06-07, 12:00 AM
Alright, I have a problem. This son of a female dog is griefing me for some reason.
You already named that reason: he is a son of a female dog. In fact, all CGR are. And they are proud of it.

I'm trying to get this sorted out on the CGR forums, as this is EXTREMELY annoying.
Which is why they will kill you more often now. The whole point of CGR group is to annoy people.

Do not go to their forum. Do not talk to them in game. Do not do anything that might show emotion. Treat killing them as work done by a robot: no emotions, no feelings. Do it as if are programmed to.

The only way to defeat them is to make the war boring for them. That means killing them and making them suck on the curb. That required many friends because you will need to kill them as fast as they get revived.

If you cannot get enough allies for thet, leave the area so that they do not find you.

In the meantime, if any of you stumble across him, please ask him why he's doing it.
I am a member of a group that had to fight a war against them. They came and started killing people in our suburb. We retaliated and they started killing us. Because they love griefing. Asking them why they do it will indicate that you do not like being griefed, which will result in them making more effort to grief you.

We won the war by killing them for months and making public revive point in Tollyton a parking lot for them. We'd kill them when they are alive and then we'd shoot up their zombies, making them miss the revive queue. We got killed ourselves, but we have the whole suburb against us. About 2 months after our war against CGR started, other groups in Tollyton joined the war on our side and within about 3 suburb radius from Tollyton a CGR member would not survive a day. That forced them to withdraw since they now were physically unable to grief anybody. So, they went to grief people elsewhere.

Can you assemble an alliance with enough muscle to keep CGR on the pavement? If not, just leave.

Albub
2008-06-07, 12:25 AM
Post the guy's profile, and a convenient location for you and I to meet up Vader. We shall enter into a sacred Aardblood fraternity, and then, we out-grief the griefer. We'll try and keep him at it for as long as possible... friendly banter, insults, whatever it takes. But we'll be better than him at it; and we won't stop until he either quits, or at least leaves you the hell alone.

NikkTheTrick
2008-06-07, 12:46 AM
Post the guy's profile, and a convenient location for you and I to meet up Vader. We shall enter into a sacred Aardblood fraternity, and then, we out-grief the griefer. We'll try and keep him at it for as long as possible... friendly banter, insults, whatever it takes. But we'll be better than him at it; and we won't stop until he either quits, or at least leaves you the hell alone.
Please undestand what you are getting into. CGR loves that kind of stuff. It is not enough to kill him once. It is not enough to kill him 10 times. CGR will come in group and will keep killing you. And your insults will make them very, very happy.

The only way to get rid of them is either overwhelming force that will not merely kill them, but will also keep them on the ground when they are zombified. How many people are there who are ready to devote themselves full-time to fighting CGR ? If you don't have 20 people behind you, there will be trouble.

My group is well organized, is not too weak in numbers (about 15 at the time of CGR war, now over 30), we communicate a lot, we are very disciplined (no one engaged in trash talk for the rest of the war (weeks of real time) after it was decreed that we should not trash talk). We had the whole freaking suburb supporting us. We get revives within an hour or two of waking up dead (due to organized revives and being on friendlists of revivers in Tollyton). And still we could not get rid of CGR until other two groups (adding about 30 more disciplined soldiers to our strength) declared war on them and just kept them down. And those groups came in addition to unorganized support we got from mallrats in Wodroffe.

Once again, if you do fight, no trash talk. Preferably, no talk at all. insults will only make the war more interesting for them. Make the war as boring as possible.

LordVader
2008-06-07, 07:07 AM
Right now, I'd rather just get the group re-organized at Pole Mall so we can head out to whatever suburb needs help. I'm not too concerned about this, and I'd rather not grief people back because I am not one to stoop to that level.

Albub, you know of any potential hotspots we can help out at?

Nibleswick
2008-06-07, 06:54 PM
Well, I'm at Pole now, let us know when stuff happens.

DemonicAngel
2008-06-08, 10:07 AM
I'm at Pole, as a zombie... got killed on the way.

Hoggy
2008-06-08, 10:18 AM
For anyone wonderin' who ZhooDoon is, I just thought I better pop in and say: 'representin!

Also, I cry because DARIS is back in Shearbank :smallfrown:

LordVader
2008-06-08, 10:48 AM
Problem solved, apparently the guy's got something against the Defenders of the Playground. We're part of the NMC, apparently. And he mis-read my radio transmission as "git PKers"...oh well. We'll add him to the KoS list and move on.

DemonicAngel, head to the RP south of Pole if you are not there already.

DemonicAngel
2008-06-08, 10:57 AM
Whats an RP again?

LordVader
2008-06-08, 11:04 AM
Revive point-designated place for zombies to go where people check to revive regularly.

Use the wiki to find it. Good practice, the wiki is an invaluable tool.

Valamere
2008-06-08, 06:39 PM
I played for a while a long time ago, but never got the hang of it, could anyone help me out? What class should i pick?

Also could I join the group?

LordVader
2008-06-08, 08:56 PM
Of course.

First thing you're going to want to do is go to the Urban Dead wiki, and read the beginner section, which I believe is called "First Day in Malton". Then, look at the class descriptions and pick your favorite.

Oh, and don't be a Medic, it's nigh-impossible to get XP healing without Diagnosis.

Albub
2008-06-08, 09:28 PM
Please undestand what you are getting into. CGR loves that kind of stuff. It is not enough to kill him once. It is not enough to kill him 10 times. CGR will come in group and will keep killing you. And your insults will make them very, very happy.

The only way to get rid of them is either overwhelming force that will not merely kill them, but will also keep them on the ground when they are zombified. How many people are there who are ready to devote themselves full-time to fighting CGR ? If you don't have 20 people behind you, there will be trouble.

My group is well organized, is not too weak in numbers (about 15 at the time of CGR war, now over 30), we communicate a lot, we are very disciplined (no one engaged in trash talk for the rest of the war (weeks of real time) after it was decreed that we should not trash talk). We had the whole freaking suburb supporting us. We get revives within an hour or two of waking up dead (due to organized revives and being on friendlists of revivers in Tollyton). And still we could not get rid of CGR until other two groups (adding about 30 more disciplined soldiers to our strength) declared war on them and just kept them down. And those groups came in addition to unorganized support we got from mallrats in Wodroffe.

Once again, if you do fight, no trash talk. Preferably, no talk at all. insults will only make the war more interesting for them. Make the war as boring as possible.

I don't think you understand here, that's the sort of thing I love as well, and avoid for the sake of other survivors. I don't care how long it takes, I'm in it to win, they aren't. I'll trash talk, write poems, hang around and tempt them, whatever... I'm willing to go abhorrently far for this.

TehSheen
2008-06-08, 09:35 PM
:smalltongue:Hi. I just started UD so could anyone like help me out on this since I'm new

LordVader
2008-06-08, 09:44 PM
What class are you, and where are you? Check the Map of Suburbs on the Wiki to see what the danger level of your burb is. If it's above Yellow, LEAVE.

If you do not have Free Running, you will need to find a Very Strongly barricaded or lower place to shelter for the night. Try to find an "entry point" (slang for a VS or lower building that allows survivors to freerun around) and stay there. It's best if it's not a Resource Building (Fire D., Police D, Hospital,) because those are prime targets for zombies. I'd advise reading the "Your First Day in Malton" page on the Urban Dead wiki; it helps a lot.:smallsmile:

Albub, I'd rather not start a war with the CGR because, although they seem reasonable enough, they also seem like they would happily kill our lower-level members all over the place, and I don't want that. Incidentally, they claimed we were part of the NMC, but I don't believe we are. Can you confirm this?

Incidentally, if anyone would like to start a zombie group instead, do not feel that you need to join this survivor one. Go ahead, live the dream. :smalltongue:

Albub
2008-06-08, 10:10 PM
Zombies rule, but unless you're part of a HUGE horde, I can imagine them being tough to start as.

For the sake of the children I'll stay away from the CGR.

I'm pretty sure you aren't part of the NMC.

Pagz
2008-06-08, 10:14 PM
Ok, this thread sparked intrest in me to start playing this game, as it always looked like a good idea but I never tried/couldn't be bothered. I went to create a character when the game tells me the name Pagz is already taken. Curious, I clicked the "Forgot your password" part to see if I had, at some point, made a character and forgotten, and it turns out I did, in 2005 :smalltongue:. So, yeah, I may as well use this guy. He's a Scientist. This is where I am at the moment:

You are inside Bonning Cinema, an old horror film playing on its main screen. The building has been very strongly barricaded. Also here are caveman3461, NickNolte2, Deise and martron.

A portable generator has been set up here. It is running, and powering a radio transmitter that's currently set to 26.84 MHz. The lobby has been decorated with a abstract painting.

Somebody has spraypainted Coming Feature Attraction: Zardoz onto a wall.

So, whats the easiest way to get to where all you guys are, as I'm interested in starting :smallsmile:.

Mr._Blinky
2008-06-08, 10:22 PM
Sweeeeeet. Just started a profile. Name's Paul Nearse (http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi), and I'm currently in Mornington. Looks like it's too far to get to where you guys are now though...

Is everyone alright with me adding them as a contact?

I'm holed up alone in a very heavily barricaded warehouse in Wykewood. Where should I head tomorrow?

Pagz
2008-06-08, 10:57 PM
Ok, so I'm in the Purt Walk Fire Station. Pole Mall is "Extreamly heavily barricaded", does that mean I need free running to get into it?

I am also out of action points :smalltongue:.

EDIT: This is me, I'll add everyone: http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=253049

starwoof
2008-06-09, 01:19 AM
No we are not part of the NMC.

By the way, I am back as a somewhat regular player. Were grouping at Pole Mall you say? I'm holed up in Fort Creedy which by the way is not a safe place. Man, I am the worst second in command ever.

For all you new folks my profile is here (http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=37556).

Pagz
2008-06-09, 01:54 AM
here (http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi).Invalad link... it needs your profile number at the end.

As a new urbandead player, is there anything I should be trying to do before we all start doing things?

starwoof
2008-06-09, 02:08 AM
D'oh... I fixed it . I suspect that I got logged out right as I copied it or something.

I recommend that you get free running? After that skills like diagnosis and shopping are invaluable. The zombie movement and get back up skills are great too. I use guns but a lot of people talk about how great axes are because you don't need to save up AP but I've never believed that.:smallamused:

I think were headed for Pole Mall? I dunno. I nominate Vader as my superior officer.

Pagz
2008-06-09, 03:48 AM
Just to clarify: From what the graffiti tells me in the Purt Walk Fire Station:
Mall Entry Point; Keep the barricades @ VeryStrongDoes that mean I need the Free Running skill to get into Pole Mall? Also, starting as a lab assistant, whats the best way for me to start collecting experience?

Theork
2008-06-09, 05:42 AM
Yes, to get into buildings above VSB (Very strongly barricaded) you will need the free runiing skill to move from inside a building into another building.
I'm thinking of signing up with Silent night (Nothing to do too much with the silent night slaughter, honest :smallbiggrin:). I can't remember off hand what level he is but he's one of my characters, (The others are about lvl40).
The best class to start off with is probably the soldier as it begins off with gun training and some ammunition to take down some zombies.
You're beginning class doesn't play much in the long run, as you'll eventually get all the skills but it affects how much Exp you can get to level up at the beginning. I started off with a scout and without any skills for zombie hunting it was quite hard.

LordVader
2008-06-09, 06:10 AM
No we are not part of the NMC.

By the way, I am back as a somewhat regular player. Were grouping at Pole Mall you say? I'm holed up in Fort Creedy which by the way is not a safe place. Man, I am the worst second in command ever.

For all you new folks my profile is here (http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=37556).

Good to know. I'll tell the CGR that so crap like this doesn't happen again.

As a Lab Assisstant you can revive zombies at RPs. NEVER revive a zombie who is not at an RP unless it is a friend who wishes to be revived.

Hoggy
2008-06-09, 06:22 AM
Worked with the NMC before, a fine bunch of chaps!

http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=750644

Moi, am in the southern bit of Pole Mall. Is VSB, must barricade!

Pagz
2008-06-09, 07:55 AM
NEVER revive a zombie who is not at an RP unless it is a friend who wishes to be revived....

why?

:biggrin:

LordVader
2008-06-09, 09:18 AM
Combat revives? Having a zed spy Free Running around your suburb, reporting survivor concentrations and locations to their zombie group?

No thank you. Only revive friendlies on your contacts. We don't want zeds reporting strongholds and eliminating them.

Use the Wiki to find a NT and stock up on needles.

Pagz
2008-06-09, 09:34 AM
Combat revives? Having a zed spy Free Running around your suburb, reporting survivor concentrations and locations to their zombie group?

No thank you. Only revive friendlies on your contacts. We don't want zeds reporting strongholds and eliminating them.

Use the Wiki to find a NT and stock up on needles.Ehh, I think if they really wanted to spy, they would just hang at a res point anyway, or would have friends that could revive them anyway.

I think I'll try and gain a few useful skills (more particularly, Free Running and the Syringe Pokey-Pokey skills) at this point in time. When you guys start wandering off, I'll follow so I can try the tagging in the safety of the group :smallsmile:, it seems like its going to be a long time before I can be helpful *sigh*.

Theork
2008-06-09, 09:46 AM
http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1079602

That's my proflie, It's lower than I rememberrerd but I know how to level it up.
I'd say it would be best if we all went to the other forum and signed up there as well, so we know who's in.
I've made an account, but I need an administrator to approve it.

We definately need a safehouse too, most survivor factions have a base where they operate. Club Shroud in Kinch heights is good because it is both 4 AP from the mall but can also be dark, protecting us from PKers and zombies who will need to spend twice the AP to hit us.

I think the more pressing issue is that they start to GK (Generator kill),PK everyone and generally aren't nice :smallwink:

Valamere
2008-06-09, 10:57 AM
Thats me (http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1269838)
Im at east grayside at the moment in a spot that i thought was reletivly safe. Its my understanding that you cant get in to the Pole mal right now?

LordVader
2008-06-09, 11:21 AM
Ehh, I think if they really wanted to spy, they would just hang at a res point anyway, or would have friends that could revive them anyway.

I think I'll try and gain a few useful skills (more particularly, Free Running and the Syringe Pokey-Pokey skills) at this point in time. When you guys start wandering off, I'll follow so I can try the tagging in the safety of the group :smallsmile:, it seems like its going to be a long time before I can be helpful *sigh*.

That's true; however, in a zed group, most of the members are usually zeds, and they don't want to be revived. If they are revived, however, they will proceed to raise hell.

Club Sroud is not recommended as the guy who PKed me has gone to ground there at least once. Our old HQ was outside Creedy originally, but it has been moved. I'm awaiting word from Albub on a potential troublespot; we will establish an on-site HQ there. Meanwhile, I'll poke around for another possible HQ.

Theork
2008-06-09, 11:39 AM
If that's true then Club Giles is also 5 AP from the Mall in darkness according to the wiki.
It might not look like it from the map but you can free-run to it through the club in the above suburb. However, I doubt that it is VSB so the barricades could be lowerred by any willing members.
Club Haidon is nearby too, but I'm unsure about the barricade level.
(Yes, I love finding safehouses)

Rayzin
2008-06-09, 06:32 PM
I created a account called Ray Zhang and im at Purt Walk Fire Station. NVM im in the Clapton Stadium

Mr._Blinky
2008-06-09, 10:40 PM
...and I'm dead. I'm gonna try and get to the Revive Point in my district though.

BTW, how much of a pain is it to run more than one character?

EDIT: Okay, I'm at the Revive Point. Now how do I request a revive?

Hoggy
2008-06-10, 07:39 AM
Mr. Vader, you got PK'd by that chav. I've got him redlisted.

Best graffiti ever = "your mum is loosely barricaded!"

Shearbank is apparantly in trouble, and as an area I hold dear, I'm gonna hike up there and investigate. Will brb. :smalltongue:

EDIT: Ehehehe. Poor planning and being inm a rush leads to me falling asleep in Ridleybank. I think I may be logging back in in about, ooh, an hour in order to try and stay alive.

Krrth
2008-06-10, 08:50 AM
...and I'm dead. I'm gonna try and get to the Revive Point in my district though.

BTW, how much of a pain is it to run more than one character?

EDIT: Okay, I'm at the Revive Point. Now how do I request a revive?

It's not hard to run two characters, just make sure they are *never* in the same part of the city. Running three can be difficult. I've got two, Krrth and Chris Rogers.
As for revives. check the wiki for the area you ar ein. It should list RP, and what is nessisary to get a revive there. Or, you can let us know on the Defender board (there is a revive request thread), and we'll try and get to ya.

Edit:Profiles http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=867380
http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=861209

Pagz
2008-06-10, 10:16 AM
:elan:"Tag~tag~tag tag the idle zombies!":elan:

LordVader
2008-06-10, 11:35 AM
Mr. Vader, you got PK'd by that chav. I've got him redlisted.

Best graffiti ever = "your mum is loosely barricaded!"

Shearbank is apparantly in trouble, and as an area I hold dear, I'm gonna hike up there and investigate. Will brb. :smalltongue:

EDIT: Ehehehe. Poor planning and being inm a rush leads to me falling asleep in Ridleybank. I think I may be logging back in in about, ooh, an hour in order to try and stay alive.

Bastard. I shot him twice and then healed him for killing me at an RP after giving him a warning. KoS him, he's had his chance.
I'm at the cemetery awaiting a revive.

Remove Calvin Machiavelli and Dirk from KoS if they are on your list, we've struck a deal of sorts. And as it seems Slaanesh has stopped playing, once the active newbies have affirmed they are all here we will roll out; Shearbank sounds as good a place as any.

Theork
2008-06-10, 12:32 PM
If LordVader is going help us get the forum started back up then can I ask any Admin for the board to heighten his board status to moderator?
Seeing as he helped to start this all off and I'm still waiting for conformation it would mean we could use the board, or at least use some hidden areas (Seriously, Average Joe has acess to our plans section).

Mr._Blinky
2008-06-10, 01:37 PM
Okay, I'm revived, but I'm really far away from you guys. I'll try to meet up when I can.

Valamere
2008-06-10, 02:46 PM
Where exactly are we meeting?
Right now im in a pub in scarletwoods, 2 ap from a police building trying to stock up on ammo and the like.
Now if only i could get a gun....

LordVader
2008-06-10, 02:54 PM
Pole Mall (or try the Younghusband Arms if you can't get in) in West Grayside, near the western border.
I'll PM Zakama and see if he can do it. I agree about making operations/plans hidden.
Requesting a rez isn't really necessary, an unpopulated Revive Point like the one at Pole will turn over rather quickly.

I'm currently running three characters, and it's not too hard; be wary of using up the IP hits limit, though.

EDIT: I am back up already, spent the rest of my AP looking for Typical Chav but could not find him. Probably booked it.
I'm in a church near the Mall, give me a daily update on your progression (i.e, when you AP out.) Basically, I just need to know if you are at the mall or not.

Mr._Blinky
2008-06-10, 03:44 PM
Hmm, for some reason Slaanesh is the only one it allowed me to add to contacts. Everyone else it just told me I wasn't logged in, even though I was.:smallconfused:

LordVader
2008-06-10, 03:47 PM
You shouldn't need to be logged in, I think. You just click on the link and it adds the profile to the contacts list of your last logged in character.

Valamere
2008-06-10, 04:53 PM
Ok I think im fairly close to pole, ill try to hurry and get free running so i can get in if its vsb

Vavaara
2008-06-10, 05:15 PM
While I have my own group in UD, I do wish you all well in your endeavors.

LordVader
2008-06-10, 05:50 PM
Younghusband Arms is your best bet, it is 1S of the mall and VSB.

We just all need to be in/around the mall; Younghusband Arms is now the point for those who lack Free Running.

Valamere
2008-06-10, 06:07 PM
Should I stay neare the police station for now, to get guns, or should i head over to Pole?

How do I join the group?

LordVader
2008-06-10, 06:16 PM
Go to the forums, post your profile.

Get to the Younghusband Arms first, you shouldn't need to do any fighting on your way there. As a low-level character you need to pick fights carefully anyways.

EDIT: Urgent! DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT go to the Younghusband Arms. Cades are down, totally down. I just closed the doors with my last AP.

Again, DO NOT go to the Younghusband. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. Divert to another VSB building around the mall until it is recaded.

Pagz
2008-06-10, 11:42 PM
I think I'm going to try and get Free Running before I head off with the group. Having the restrictions on where to go is just frusturating, and restricts me to hiding in buildings that are sometimes quite decrypt. Random PKers hitting you for 6 damage is annoying as well.

I'm at about 48 exp, so I might see you guys in a week?

Valamere
2008-06-11, 07:27 AM
I finialy got a pistol and a clip, but then soon realized I only have a 5% to hit with it so ill stick with my ax. And my source of xp might soon vanish as the police station they were after was finally taken down, and to think i almost stayed there for the night.
Right now I have 24xp, how long does it usually take to level?

Krrth
2008-06-11, 08:26 AM
I finialy got a pistol and a clip, but then soon realized I only have a 5% to hit with it so ill stick with my ax. And my source of xp might soon vanish as the police station they were after was finally taken down, and to think i almost stayed there for the night.
It depends on your character class, and what you are trying to buy. In class skills are cheaper.

Mr._Blinky
2008-06-11, 11:03 AM
Okay, I've got nearly enough AP back to make a straight run to you guys, but I'm leaving for camp on Friday, so I'm not sure it's worth it. I'll just try and break some enemies in the region around me, and then I'll meet up when I get back from camp in like a month and a half. So you guys don't need to bother waiting for me to get there, and I wish you all luck.

LordVader
2008-06-11, 11:47 AM

You're a fireman?

Get Free Running first, it's 100XP. I'd advise getting Axe Proficiency after that; as a fireman, you are not dependent on ammo, which is a good thing.

I'm thinking that since most of the group needs FR, we should split up into two groups; have the newbies go together to a yellow burb, or at least one away from such a massive concentration of survivors. Have those who do have Free Running head to the actual battle.

Valamere
2008-06-11, 03:38 PM
I think I started with axe prof. unless there is another one. I figured after free running, I'd get either gun prof., or body building, or is there another that I should get.

I don't have a problem splitting up. No reason to hamper the group that is out to kill some zombies.

-Edit- Accualy I think im going to get hand-to-hand-combat, after free running

Krrth
2008-06-11, 07:36 PM
I think I started with axe prof. unless there is another one. I figured after free running, I'd get either gun prof., or body building, or is there another that I should get.

I don't have a problem splitting up. No reason to hamper the group that is out to kill some zombies.

-Edit- Accualy I think im going to get hand-to-hand-combat, after free running
.....I'd recommend this (you may already have some of these skills. If you do, feel free to move to the next on the list)
Hand-to-hand, free-running, axe proficiency, then Necrotech employment, Lab experience. After that, it's all a matter of taste. That's the path I followed, and I have 1518 XP I can't spend.

Rayzin
2008-06-11, 08:08 PM
Where are you guys meeting? PoleMall?

starwoof
2008-06-11, 08:33 PM
Yes we are meeting at Pole Mall and the surrounding suburbs. Theres a stadium here, I'm thinking about organizing a gladiator thing.:smallbiggrin:

.....I'd recommend this (you may already have some of these skills. If you do, feel free to move to the next on the list)
Hand-to-hand, free-running, axe proficiency, then Necrotech employment, Lab experience. After that, it's all a matter of taste. That's the path I followed, and I have 1518 XP I can't spend.

I wish there was a use for xp after maxxing skills. I have nearly 5000 I cant do squat with.

Krrth
2008-06-11, 08:38 PM
Yes we are meeting at Pole Mall and the surrounding suburbs. Theres a stadium here, I'm thinking about organizing a gladiator thing.:smallbiggrin:

I wish there was a use for xp after maxxing skills. I have nearly 5000 I cant do squat with.
...yeah. At least we don't have to wack random zombies for XP anymore.

starwoof
2008-06-11, 08:43 PM
...yeah. At least we don't have to wack random zombies for XP anymore.

Yeah, now when I whack random zombies I do it for fun. :smalltongue:

Rayzin
2008-06-11, 08:46 PM
Bah, i can't even get XP as a scout!:smallannoyed:

starwoof
2008-06-11, 08:51 PM
I started off as a cop way, way back. It's not even a viable starting class anymore since all the weird building status effects started to come in. I used to camp out in police stations, search for guns and ammo, then on weekends I would go out, blow all my shots, then come back. Repeat. Its slow, but it worked.

Your first level is the hardest. After that you should have diagnosis or shopping or whatever skill you took and it gets easier.

Krrth
2008-06-11, 08:52 PM
Bah, i can't even get XP as a scout!:smallannoyed:

well......get a melee weapon, and hack away. Or use a DNA scanner.

starwoof
2008-06-11, 08:53 PM
I started off as a cop way, way back. It's not even a viable starting class anymore since all the weird building status effects started to come in. I used to camp out in police stations, search for guns and ammo, then on weekends I would go out, blow all my shots, then come back. Repeat. Its slow, but it worked for me. I still carry 12 loaded pistols and 3 shotguns.

Your first level is the hardest. After that you should have diagnosis or shopping or whatever skill you took and it gets easier. Get a fire axe or a cricket bat. :smallbiggrin:

Vavaara
2008-06-11, 09:00 PM
You think Scouts have it bad? Try starting as a Consumer. No abilities except Bargain Hunting Shopping at the start (which sucks, because what's the use if you can't get inside EHB malls?), and nothing but a Cellphone and a Misc. weapon to start with.

I chose Consumer when I first played UD about a year ago, and got her to level 35 before I forgot my login stuff. It was hard core, especially since I was in a starter 'burb VERY close to Ridleybank (can't remember which), and nearly every time I APed out I slept in a ruined building to fly under the radar of wandering zeds.

I still remember my starting weapon: My Cricket Bat of DOOM!!! :smallbiggrin:

starwoof
2008-06-11, 09:10 PM
Vavaara that is pretty hardcore. I don't think I've ever been that close to Ridleybank for more than a few minutes. Too afraid. :smallbiggrin:

Vavaara
2008-06-11, 09:17 PM
Pansy! :smallwink:

On a different note, anyone else love the new action you can perform with the Newspaper? :smallbiggrin:

starwoof
2008-06-11, 09:23 PM
Pansy! :smallwink:

Its not even a rational fear in a game where resurrection is an everyday occurence.:smallbiggrin:

SilverSheriff
2008-06-12, 01:15 AM
I'm interested, where is a meeting point?

Vavaara
2008-06-12, 01:23 PM
Though my group went dead after 3-4 months of me not being there, i've begun cleaning up our page and website. Here's a link to our wiki: Sleeping Forest (http://http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Sleeping_Forest)

Hoggy
2008-06-12, 01:38 PM
/me was a Blackmore Bastard once

Ridleybank ain't too bad, you just have to have a team that know's co-operation and whatnot. Don't sleep there like I did recently, that's a recipe for disaster :smalltongue:

Valamere
2008-06-12, 03:50 PM
To join the group do I just go to edit profile and put in the groups name?

Pagz
2008-06-13, 03:00 PM
So Monroeville just reopened its boarders! Gunna make me some survivors (especially since when I joined they'd already stopped letting people in)!

I made two guys, however it seems very quiet... I ran into 3 zombies, that was it. I guess a lot of people are making survivors to the point that there just aren't that many zombies.

Hylleddin
2008-06-15, 03:47 AM
Hello!

Been playing Urban Dead for a couple of weeks and noticed a thread on it here. Count me in as a Defender of the Playground. Main character is Alan Hikari, and is already based out of pole mall. Still leveling up, specialized in gunning down zombies.

EDIT: Forgot to include the profile (http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=1245430).

LordVader
2008-06-22, 02:11 PM
Okay, sorry guys, I was on vacation. Meeting point is, as always, Pole Mall or a surrounding building. And yes, Newspaper Slaps are great.

To answer your question, simply put "Defenders of the Playground" as your group name and meet us at Pole.

I'll select a suburb to head out to soon, please post a status update y'all.

And a few policy notes:
NEVER, under ANY circumstances, kill a zombie at a spot marked as an RP. If you do so, and the player is revived and kills you, we will not mark them as a PKer; it is deserved.

NEVER react to a survivor killing another survivor in your building if there has not been a clear report, with links that prove the other survivor is a PKer. Best to let it slide and remain unnoticed, unless they come after a group member.

NEVER waste AP on killing zombies when you can heal friendly survivors and barricade vital buildings (i.e, the Playground or a mall.)

However, NEVER bring a building marked as an Entry Point above Very Strongly Barricaded.

That's all for now, I may add some stuff later.

LordVader
2008-06-22, 07:29 PM
Oh, and guys: Your forum profile should be your Urban Dead character name. List your GitP name in your signature.

The Plans board is now hidden, and I am an admin. So we should be good to go.

Nibleswick
2008-06-23, 01:42 AM
Well, I'm waiting in the cemetery next to Pole mall, some jerk just came up and killed me, here is his profile:

http://urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=703814

And I'm waiting to be accepted onto the private forums, name of Nibleswick, same as everywhere.

Pagz
2008-06-23, 05:26 AM
I'm ready, I'll start heading over to Pole Mall now!

Where are these forums again?

Krrth
2008-06-23, 07:21 AM
I'm ready, I'll start heading over to Pole Mall now!

Where are these forums again?

defendersotp.proboards74.com

Valamere
2008-06-23, 09:53 AM
Made an account, just waiting for aproval

starwoof
2008-06-23, 04:24 PM
Hey that free drugs guy tried to kill me. He's on the list.

Krrth
2008-06-23, 06:06 PM
Hey that free drugs guy tried to kill me. He's on the list.

Yeah, he bit and infected me as well.....

Pagz
2008-06-24, 09:49 PM
Waiting for approval on the forums...

starwoof
2008-06-24, 10:06 PM
I would approve you but I only have moderator status in name. Vader can I have some powers please? :smallbiggrin: I doubt I'll use them really its just nice to have them.

Valamere
2008-06-25, 09:24 AM
Ok got to level 4, I have hand-to-hand combat, free running, and axe profecincy(started with it). Should I get Firearms training or something else?
Also still waiting for approval, under the name of brianlevark

Krrth
2008-06-25, 09:52 AM
Ok got to level 4, I have hand-to-hand combat, free running, and axe profecincy(started with it). Should I get Firearms training or something else?
Also still waiting for approval, under the name of brianlevark

I'd look at construction. It will help keep you alive. Bargin hunting will help to keep you supplied if you are near a mall.

Nibleswick
2008-06-25, 03:02 PM
Well, I'm goin' on vacation, just though I'd let you folks know.

LordVader
2008-06-28, 02:00 PM
I would approve you but I only have moderator status in name. Vader can I have some powers please? :smallbiggrin: I doubt I'll use them really its just nice to have them.

I'd give them to you, but although it says I'm an admin, I can't do anything...I seem to have the same problem.:smallconfused: I've PMed Zakama about it but he hasn't responded.

Alright, people, we're moving north into Kempsterbank. Meet at the Junkyard 1 NE of the Kempsterbank NT, the Jillard building. This is the temporary playground, and it's VSB, so everyone can get in.

Valamere
2008-07-01, 10:28 AM
Ok Im going on vacation, but im dead so its mot a big deal i moved to a revive point, so i should be alive when i get back.

See you guys in a week

Krrth
2008-07-01, 10:51 AM
Ok Im going on vacation, but im dead so its mot a big deal i moved to a revive point, so i should be alive when i get back.

See you guys in a week
Have a good vacation! Remember, when you need a revive, post your location on the board (and your character name, if need be). We just might have someone nearby that can revive ya.

Pagz
2008-07-01, 02:46 PM
Does anyone have a character in Monroeville? If so, and you're not doing anything in particular, you should come down and help me barricade back up the mansion in Newtown. No real reason other then monocles are awesome.

Pagz is off getting First Aid kits from Pole Mall atm.

LordVader
2008-07-08, 06:14 PM
Sorry about the absence. If anyone is still there, we're at the junkyard 1 NE of the Jillard; regroup and sweep the area. If anyone has an idea of where a good hotspot is, say the word and we will move out.

EDIT: I got to the mansion and it's ruined. :smallfrown:

Dervag
2008-07-08, 09:00 PM
How do I formally sign up as a Defender of the Playground in UD again?

Nibleswick
2008-07-08, 11:43 PM
Go to your profile (click on your name) and you'll see space labeled "Group", and you change that to say "Defenders of the Playground".

LordVader
2008-07-20, 01:55 PM
Sorry, I was off on vacation. If anyone's there, I hope to move out of the Kempsterbank yard in the next day or so.

Mr._Blinky
2008-08-11, 12:44 PM
Hey guys, I'm back. Wanted to catch this thread before it could be qualified as Thread Necromancy.

I'm currently holed up in Buttonville. I finally managed to scrounge the XP for Free Running, which allowed me to get into a PD to get ammo so I can actually do stuff. Where are the rest of you located, I want to join up.

Graymayre
2008-08-11, 01:33 PM
What exactly is this game and where can I find it?

Krrth
2008-08-11, 01:45 PM
What exactly is this game and where can I find it?

You can find it at http://urbandead.com/. You can play as either a Zombie (zed) or a Survivor (human). Anything else is up to you.