PDA

View Full Version : Fusion x2?

Crazy Scot
2008-05-08, 02:48 AM
I was wondering what the general concensus was on the use of the Fusion power (Expanded Psionics Handbook) more than once at the same time. The Fusion power says that a single willing creature of your type and your size or smaller is absorbed into your body, and you basically gain the better benefits of the two. Would there be anything stopping you from having two of those active at one time? (thus having 3 creatures in one)

Now, I know there are several rules in the SRD about this, but I don't know if or how they would apply to this situation.

Originally Posted by SRD
Spells that provide bonuses or penalties on attack rolls, damage rolls, saving throws, and other attributes usually do not stack with themselves. More generally, two bonuses of the same type don’t stack even if they come from different spells (or from effects other than spells; see Bonus Types, above).
*But there are no bonuses applied, so I don't think this should apply to this situation*

Different Bonus Names
The bonuses or penalties from two different spells stack if the modifiers are of different types. A bonus that isn’t named stacks with any bonus.
*Again, there are no bonuses applied, so I don't think this should apply to this situation*

Same Effect More than Once in Different Strengths
In cases when two or more identical spells are operating in the same area or on the same target, but at different strengths, only the best one applies.
*The idea of the power is that you gain the better of the two creatures' abilities anyway, so would this mean you could choose the better of the three?*

So how would you interpret this?

lord_khaine
2008-05-08, 06:27 AM
well i have seen the triple fusion trick in use on wizards char op board, and noone said anything there, so i assume there is nothing preventing you from doing it.

Starbuck_II
2008-05-08, 06:29 AM
I was wondering what the general concensus was on the use of the Fusion power (Expanded Psionics Handbook) more than once at the same time. The Fusion power says that a single willing creature of your type and your size or smaller is absorbed into your body, and you basically gain the better benefits of the two. Would there be anything stopping you from having two of those active at one time? (thus having 3 creatures in one)

Now, I know there are several rules in the SRD about this, but I don't know if or how they would apply to this situation.

Originally Posted by SRD
Spells that provide bonuses or penalties on attack rolls, damage rolls, saving throws, and other attributes usually do not stack with themselves. More generally, two bonuses of the same type don’t stack even if they come from different spells (or from effects other than spells; see Bonus Types, above).
*But there are no bonuses applied, so I don't think this should apply to this situation*

Different Bonus Names
The bonuses or penalties from two different spells stack if the modifiers are of different types. A bonus that isn’t named stacks with any bonus.
*Again, there are no bonuses applied, so I don't think this should apply to this situation*

Same Effect More than Once in Different Strengths
In cases when two or more identical spells are operating in the same area or on the same target, but at different strengths, only the best one applies.
*The idea of the power is that you gain the better of the two creatures' abilities anyway, so would this mean you could choose the better of the three?*

So how would you interpret this?

Cost (in power points), time, and durations are limitations.

Crazy Scot
2008-05-09, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the thoughts. I know that the limitations of duration/power points/time will hurt, but I was just wondering if anyone had heard about a rule somethere saying it wasn't allowed. And from what you guys said, it seems that it would be allowed, if you had enough power points and didn't mind the short duration. I was just playing with an idea, and was hoping it would work. Thanks again.