PDA

View Full Version : Generic class idea: Adept (PEACH).

Tempest Fennac
2008-05-08, 06:28 AM
I was just thinking about the Generic classes, http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/genericClasses.htm , and how the Spellcaster isn't really the best choice of combat healer* due to it's abysmal HD and lack of armour proficiencies, so I thought a Generic class called the Adept could help. I was thinking the class could use:

A d6 HD.
3/4 BAB and proficiency with all simple weapons, light armour and shields (except for tower shields).
2 Skill Points/level with Concentrate, Heal and any other 5 skills as class skills.

If this class was being used, the Spellcaster would be limited to Wizard spells, while Adepts would get to use Cleric and Druid spells (Adepts would always be Divine Casters while Spellcasters would always be Arcane. They would also have the name spell progression as a Spellcaster). Please could you tell me what you think of this idea whle telling me whether giving it the same number of bonus feats as the Spellcaster would be too overpowered? Also, do you think they should get 2 good saves, or just 1?

* I know healing during battles if often seen as a waste of turns, but it can often be essential if someone gets badly injured and the enermies can;t be defeated quickly.