PDA

View Full Version : OOTS Feet

Beholder1995
2008-05-08, 07:39 AM
I'm somewhat confused- why is it that some characters (Roy, Haley, Hinjo, etc.) Have shoes/boots and others don't? Does that mean that the people with stick-feet are barefoot, as evidenced by the wight? Or are their shoes just nodescript enough that they aren't worth the effort to draw?

Tempest Fennac
2008-05-08, 07:43 AM
This apparently came up early on in the forum's history, and Rich apparently said that he didn't draw everyone's footwear to avoid the page becoming too cluttered (this was mentioned a few weeks back when someone asked about this, but I can't remember who it was who said that). I'll try to find the original thread.

RebelRogue
2008-05-08, 08:14 AM
*Fails at coming up with a good feet/Feat joke* Damn...

Haleyintraining
2008-05-08, 02:27 PM
*Fails at coming up with a good feet/Feat joke* Damn...
What about 'Those who don't wear shoes want to show of their special feets?'

NikkTheTrick
2008-05-08, 02:47 PM
Didn't Belkar at one point say that shoes are overrated?

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-08, 02:59 PM
^ Because halflings don't wear shoes.

Teron
2008-05-08, 03:03 PM
Didn't Belkar at one point say that shoes are overrated?
He's a halfling, and until Third Edition they were lifted straight from J. R. R. Tolkien's books. While Wizards of the Coast tried to give halflings their own identity, shoeless hairy-footed hobbits are better-known and funnier, so that's how they appear in OotS.

Evil DM Mark3
2008-05-08, 03:49 PM
Seeing as the wright and Belkar have actually have their feet shown so I would assume that the ones without shoes are simply without interesting shoes.

Lunaya
2008-05-08, 03:56 PM
I just assumed that the people who wear boots are shown wearing boots, and spellcasters and such who only wear basic footwear, are just shown with lines for feet.

Saint Nil
2008-05-08, 05:07 PM
What about Durkon? He's a cleric who wears heavy armour, but he only gets stick feet instead of boots. Whats with that(besides the fact that he would look weird with shoes)

Remirach
2008-05-08, 05:22 PM
Funny thing about that shoe-stealing wight is that, prior to his footwear, he was drawn with the same tri-pronged feet as all the goblin characters. Does that mean Redcloak's been walking around barefoot this whole time?

T-O-E
2008-05-09, 05:26 AM
I've tried to replicate the oots art style using inkscape (free art program like illustrator) in the past, the experience taught me one thing:
Boots/Shoes are difficult to draw correctly.