PDA

View Full Version : Ironically right and wrong for Orcs...

Alex Warlorn
2008-05-09, 01:20 AM
I know panel five of comic number 555 is only meant to be another mindless and tactless stab at religious faith, but: given these are ORCS, who take the mass destiny philosophy of American settlers and multiply it by the exact land mass of the planet, skip the part about converting the natives to your theology, and making sure not to waste money on the next birthday cake of the limp and lame, I'd say they NEED a third party opinion on morality.

Laurentio
2008-05-09, 01:38 AM
I know panel five of comic number 555 is only meant to be another mindless and tactless stab at religious faith, but: given these are ORCS, who take the mass destiny philosophy of American settlers and multiply it by the exact land mass of the planet, skip the part about converting the natives to your theology, and making sure not to waste money on the next birthday cake of the limp and lame, I'd say they NEED a third party opinion on morality.
In OotS, orcs has been created this way for the purpose of multiply and being killed.
Anyway I think you are right, but THIS IS SPAAAAARTAAAAA!

(And converting people to your theology made more damages in the past than Black Plague. And not only in the past)

Laurentio

Alex Warlorn
2008-05-09, 10:01 AM
My statement stands.

Raylin
2008-05-09, 10:10 AM
...what exactly was your statement? I don't understand your first post.

Revlid
2008-05-09, 10:53 AM
...what exactly was your statement? I don't understand your first post.

He was commenting on the Orc's speech in panel 5 of today's strip.
The speech was presumably meant to satire the curious moral measures of various religions.

However, the original poster found irony in this, given that (and this part takes some re-reading to fully understand) Orcs are very aggressive, enjoy war and killing, and ignore their wounded. Therefore, a clown hand-puppet is, in fact, likely to have a better sense of right and wrong than they.

Of course, the Orcs in OotS don't seem to be like that.

Forum Staff
2008-05-09, 11:41 AM
The opening post discusses both religion and politics.