PDA

View Full Version : Stats for these races?

Frosty
2008-05-09, 02:39 PM
If, in theory, someone should want to play these offsprings, what would you say their racial traits would be, and what would be their LA??

1) The child of a Half-Orc and an Aasimar
2) The child of a Halfling and a Catfolk

You probably don't want to know the backstories :p

SamTheCleric
2008-05-09, 02:42 PM
If, in theory, someone should want to play these offsprings, what would you say their racial traits would be, and what would be their LA??

1) The child of a Half-Orc and an Aasimar
2) The child of a Halfling and a Catfolk

1) Half-Celestial Quarter-Orc (+2 Str)
2) Fur-Covered Quarterling (-8 to everything. Catgirls are evil)

Frosty
2008-05-09, 02:44 PM
Catgirls aren't evil. The god of Physics just doesn't like them for some reason :smallfrown:

Telonius
2008-05-09, 02:49 PM
Tel frankly not want dwell on that very much.

For the Aasimar, I would simply treat it as another Aasimar. The resulting chlid would only be a quarter orc; so orc-blood and automatic language (orc) really don't make sense. If you really want to give it anything orcish, possibly combinine the ability stats to a net +2 Wis +2 Str -2 Int, or give them Orc as a bonus language. I'd peg that as an LA 1.

Hal
2008-05-09, 03:48 PM
1) Half-celestial with orcish blood. I'd say the celestial traits dominate the stats there, but give it orcish blood and some orcish visual traits.

2) Um . . . is this even possible? Catfolk are medium creatures, and, well . . . I know catgirls and physics don't mix, but this is just wrong.

senrath
2008-05-09, 03:50 PM
1) Half-celestial with orcish blood. I'd say the celestial traits dominate the stats there, but give it orcish blood and some orcish visual traits.

2) Um . . . is this even possible? Catfolk are medium creatures, and, well . . . I know catgirls and physics don't mix, but this is just wrong.

If the catfolk is the mother then, sure, no problem.

Ralfarius
2008-05-09, 03:54 PM
If Orogs were at one point considered the offspring of ogres and orcs, then I think a little furling isn't so far out of the question.

Aleron
2008-05-09, 04:01 PM
Aasmir aren't 1/2 or full celestials, they are normally 1/4 or less

Planetouched is a general word to describe someone who can trace his or her bloodline back to an outsider, usually a fiend or celestial.

The effects of having a supernatural being in one’s heritage last for many generations. Although not as dramatically altered as a half-celestial or a half-fiend, planetouched still retain some special qualities.

The two planetouched varieties described here are the most common. Aasimars are humans with some trace of celestial blood in their veins, and tieflings have some fiendishness in their family tree

If you compair the two:

Aasimar As Characters
Aasimar characters possess the following racial traits.

+2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma.
Medium size.
An aasimar’s base land speed is 30 feet.
Darkvision: Aasimars can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
Racial Skills: Aasimars have a +2 racial bonus on Spot and Listen checks.
Racial Feats: An aasimar gains feats according to its class levels.
Special Attacks (see above): Daylight.
Special Qualities (see above): Resistance to acid 5, cold 5, and electricity 5.
Automatic Languages: Common, Celestial. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Halfling, Sylvan.
Favored Class: Paladin.
Level adjustment +1.

Half-Orcs
Also see the Half-Orc monster listing.

+2 Strength, -2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma.

A half-orc’s starting Intelligence score is always at least 3. If this adjustment would lower the character’s score to 1 or 2, his score is nevertheless 3.

Medium: As Medium creatures, half-orcs have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Half-orc base land speed is 30 feet.
Darkvision: Half-orcs (and orcs) can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and half-orcs can function just fine with no light at all.
Orc Blood: For all effects related to race, a half-orc is considered an orc.
Automatic Languages: Common and Orc. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Giant, Gnoll, Goblin, and Abyssal.
Favored Class: Barbarian. A multiclass half-orc’s barbarian class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty.

Most Likely traits to cary over IMO
+2 Wisdom, +2 Strength, -2 Intelligence
Orc Blooded - For all effects related to race, a half-orc is considered an orc
Orc & Celestial as Bonus language, not automatic
Darkvision 60ft
Either Resistance or Daylight Spell-like ability(Choose one, but only one set. DM choice or random)
Favored Class: Fighter(maybe)

These would be my guesses of abilities

Frosty
2008-05-09, 04:11 PM

It's possible. And hey, they're both very flexible and dextrous races, so they just have to be...creative.

Maybe something like -2 Str, +6 Dex, +2 Cha. Favored class: Scout. Not sure about Size. +1 attack roll with all ranged attacks. +1 NA. 30 base land speed. Low Light vision. Misc skill bonuses.

Sneaky Movement: They can Move Silently at full speed without taking the -10 penalty. They only take -10 when trying to Run or Charge silently.

Hal
2008-05-09, 04:19 PM
It's possible. And hey, they're both very flexible and dextrous races, so they just have to be...creative.

Maybe something like -2 Str, +6 Dex, +2 Cha. Favored class: Scout. Not sure about Size. +1 attack roll with all ranged attacks. +1 NA. 30 base land speed. Low Light vision. Misc skill bonuses.

Sneaky Movement: They can Move Silently at full speed without taking the -10 penalty. They only take -10 when trying to Run or Charge silently.

Make them small creatures, but give them Powerful Build. They can act like medium creatures under certain circumstances (I forget what the qualifiers are for goliaths and their powerful build).

Mando Knight
2008-05-09, 04:24 PM
Catgirls aren't evil. The god of Physics just doesn't like them for some reason :smallfrown:

Now I've got the sudden urge to create a webcomic or something with a catgirl physics professor in it...

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-05-09, 04:50 PM
Halfcat:
Small size
+6 Dex(small, dextrious parents), +2 Cha(so cuuuute), -2 Str(small), -2 Con(small)
Base speed 30'
+1 to saving throws(halfling)
Skill bonuses as desired
Automatic languages:Common and either Feline or Halfling, player's choice
Low Light vision
+1 LA
Favored class:Scout

May seem a bit underpowered, but this is probably only viable for an archer build, where the drawbacks are minor, so the +1 LA is supposed to balance it for that.

senrath
2008-05-09, 05:03 PM
Now I've got the sudden urge to create a webcomic or something with a catgirl physics professor in it...

Not a problem. It's only a problem when you bring the laws of physics into a fantasy discussion. Now, a catgirl physics professor who loves some form of fantasy game/book/show and regularly discusses it...

Chronos
2008-05-09, 05:22 PM
The first one would just be a human. A human crossed with a half-orc is just a slightly ugly human, and an aasimar is mostly human, with a trace of watered-down celestial blood. The human blood is the only thing that would be dominant enough in the final offspring to make any difference.

The second one, you'd have to homebrew. Personally, I'd make the halfling's size genes dominant, so the child would be small, combine the stat modifiers (so +4 Dex, +2 Cha, -2 Str: The halfling's dex bonus overlaps the cat's), and give it 30' speed. For the miscellaneous bonuses, I think that the Move Silently bonuses would end up reinforcing each other for a total of +4 or even +6, but all of the other bonuses (Listen, throwing weapons, etc.) would get lost in the mix.

Riffington
2008-05-09, 05:28 PM
Aasimar + anything = Aasimar.
Halfling + anything = nonviable.

senrath
2008-05-09, 05:39 PM
Aasimar + anything = Aasimar.
Halfling + anything = nonviable.

How do halflings reproduce, then? By your logic halfling + halfling = nonviable :P

Frosty
2008-05-09, 05:43 PM
I'm basing the power level off of the Goliath. so somewhere around that level. I see Aasimar as a weeeeeeaaaaak LA +1 race.

UserClone
2008-05-09, 05:51 PM
Catfolk+Halfling=Tibbit (Also=a squeamish FlWiPig)
Half-Orc+Aasimar=Celestial Half-Orc (Also=a squeamish FlWiPig)

Riffington
2008-05-09, 06:07 PM
How do halflings reproduce, then? By your logic halfling + halfling = nonviable :P

I was going to say "except other halflings of the opposite sex", but then I figured everyone would realize that obvious exception :p
Deities are a similar exception.

Frosty
2008-05-09, 06:13 PM
I think Gnomes and Halfling should have no problems. Halfling and medium races are harder, but do-able.

Starsinger
2008-05-09, 06:15 PM
For the Kittenfolk I recommend having them be Catfolk that are Small sized (and thus have a speed of 30 feet instead of 40) as opposed to medium.

senrath
2008-05-09, 06:17 PM
I think Gnomes and Halfling should have no problems. Halfling and medium races are harder, but do-able.

Again, very easy as long as the medium race is the mother :P

Frosty
2008-05-09, 07:47 PM
I wonder how hard it is. For example, a halfling's womb is only so big. Can it hold a half-ling orc mix for example? The baby would be much larger than normal.

SamTheCleric
2008-05-09, 07:49 PM
http://masklinnscans.free.fr/4chan/Demotivators/the_goggles.jpg

What was seen cannot be unseen.

The Necroswanso
2008-05-09, 07:51 PM
The BoEF, has a very easy fix for questions like that, the child is the race of the mother.

Or were you looking for homebrew?

And Starsinger: See the Tibbit from Dragon Compendium :P

SoD
2008-05-10, 01:33 PM

Ooh, ooh, tell!

bosssmiley
2008-05-11, 11:25 AM

They reproduce by fission, like the filthy little bacteria they are. :smallannoyed: