PDA

View Full Version : Mafia

Valda, Adlav and Samiam: the Jacked-Up Trinity
2006-05-16, 10:50 AM
Okay, before I explain the rules, I'd like to make two things clear.

The first being, that this is NOT the Murder Games. It's considerably simpler.

The second being that it has nothing to do with the nonexistant GitP Mafia that's definitely not run by Don Sneak :P.

Okay... RULES:

This game require 10-15 players.

You sign up by posting on this thread.

Once signups are complete, I will PM each of you with your title.

Nobody is to reveal their title unless they are a Murderer who has been caught.

Titles include

Murder- Collaborate via PM with other murderers to whack your fellow players. PM me with your decision.

Paramedic- PM me and tell me who you think the next target for murder will be. If you're right, the victim will be saved, if not, they get stabbitied.

Detective- PM me and tell me the name of one player who you think is a Murderer. If you're right, they get killed, if you're wrong, the person you accuse runs free. Do not make the name of someone you falsely accuse public, as it would compromis both your identies.

Citizen- Merely an innocent bystander, your only function is to vote on who you think the Murderer is. The player who receives the most votes dies, Murderer or otherwise.

If a Murderer is the last player standing, the Mafia wins. If not, the Town wins.

Rounds will be played once every other night at 9:30 PM Eastern Time.

A round will play out as such.

Me: Murderers, please PM me your victim's name.

[Murderers do so]

Me: Thank you Murderers. Paramedic, PM me the name of the player whom you wish to save.

[Paramedic does so]

Me: Thank you, Paramedic. Detective, PM me the name of your suspected Murderer.

[Detective does so.]

Me: Thank you Detective.

If the Murder was a success, the announcement will go like this:

Me: The Mafia has struck again! [Insert name of Murder victim here] is dead.

Do not reveal your title, even after death.

If the Paramedic chose the right person it will go like this:

Me: The Mafia attempted to make another Murder, but the Paramedic got there in time.

If the Detective was right I will then say this:

Me: The Dectective was right. [Insert Name of Murderer Here], you're caught. *STABBITY*

All remaining players then vote on who they think the Murderers are. The player who receives the most votes dies, but is not to reveal their identity. If and when all Murderers are dead, the game ends with me saying

Me: Congratulations! All the Murderers have been brought to justice. The Town is saved.

If the Murderers win, the message will read:

Me: This Town has been conquered by the Mafia! The Murderers have won!

Other Rules:

The dead may not vote.

Murderers may not be murdered.

Murderers are not to reveal themselves until the game ends, or they're caught by the Detective.

Please do not share your title with others.

I would prefer all players to be on United States Easter Time, just to avoid time zone confusion. The current US Eastern time is 10:51 AM.

That is all.

If anyone's confused, just say so, and I'll do any clarification necessarry.

Chris the Pontifex
2006-05-16, 10:53 AM
so its like the werewolf game?

raven-gm
2006-05-16, 10:56 AM
Argh! Can I play, even though I'm not in EST?

Supagoof
2006-05-16, 11:10 AM
I have played this game with friends and a deck of cards to assign the titles. One thing we allowed was mafia/murderers to kill the other (a suicide if you will) to help throw a kink in possible conspiracies.

Just a thought.

Another thing you may want to add is that people being voted for lynching/death from the town have the right to defend themselves, in which case someone may change their vote. In which case, to help ease confusion, they should MODIFY the original voting post, rather then post again and create confusion.

This is a great game, but the fun is in the arguing for who should be hanged/lynched/killed by the citizens voting.

Either way you decide to run it, I'm in.

2006-05-16, 11:44 AM
Argh! Can I play, even though I'm not in EST?

Just as long as you can post at or around. 9:30 PM EST.

2006-05-16, 11:45 AM
so its like the werewolf game?

What's that?

2006-05-16, 11:46 AM
I have played this game with friends and a deck of cards to assign the titles. One thing we allowed was mafia/murderers to kill the other (a suicide if you will) to help throw a kink in possible conspiracies.

Just a thought.

Another thing you may want to add is that people being voted for lynching/death from the town have the right to defend themselves, in which case someone may change their vote. In which case, to help ease confusion, they should MODIFY the original voting post, rather then post again and create confusion.

This is a great game, but the fun is in the arguing for who should be hanged/lynched/killed by the citizens voting.

Either way you decide to run it, I'm in.

Yeah. My friends and I play it at schoold during free periods (we've been getting alot of those lately ;D), which is where I first gained my love for running games, so you can partially thank them for the creation of the OoTS Heal/Hurt Game. Arguing one's case is perfectly acceptable and encouraged.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-05-16, 11:49 AM
^does three rule post thing count? Because maybe editing would have been more easier than posting again. Then agian this may be a thread that you can post more than oncein a row. Love the game though. And nice coat of arms you have.

2006-05-16, 11:52 AM
^does three rule post thing count? Because maybe editing would have been more easier than posting again. Then agian this may be a thread that you can post more than oncein a row. Love the game though. And nice coat of arms you have.

No three post rule, this thread is largely conversational, especially now, in the pre-game. Does 'love the game' mean you want to join? And yes, Ceika did a great job on the Legion's Coat of Arms. ;D

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-05-16, 11:54 AM
Can't at the moment got exams etc and may not go on for a few days or something. Just saying that this thread was a good idea and can you have spectators?

InaVegt
2006-05-16, 12:15 PM
how late gmt is 9:30 est?

raven-gm
2006-05-16, 12:19 PM
gmt? I dunno, its about 6:30 PM PST, or west coast time.

Could we allow any given "day" of disscussion to go on for 2 days? That way, we get the really good arguements, fignger pointing and all that.

HabbakukUnknown
2006-05-16, 02:03 PM
i would like to join, to echo someone above, what time is 9:30 in British time?

Saithis Bladewing
2006-05-16, 02:06 PM
To get US Eastern Time from GMT, subtract 5 hours from your time. If you're west of GMT, subtract 4. If you're EST, add 5 hours to get GMT.

Anyway, count me in. ;D

Reijas
2006-05-16, 02:07 PM
I am in! I love this game, we play it at parties :).

InaVegt
2006-05-16, 02:22 PM
I can't, it's at 24:30 for me

Saithis Bladewing
2006-05-16, 02:23 PM
Hm, thinking about it, it'll be way too late for me to post at 9:30 EST. Damnable!

Reijas
2006-05-16, 02:28 PM
I don't think he wants you to post at 9:30, you just have to have completed your days decisions by then.

Supagoof
2006-05-16, 08:18 PM
Right, every 24 hours the votes must be tallied. So vote knowing the most recent posts/deaths/discoveries. The only drawback of having a time zone so far off, is that you can't watch the vote develop as well and change it at the last second (unless you want to stay up late, get up early).

You can always change your profile to diplay EST time if you want to see what time your posting/how far off in hours one is from EST.

Just some helpful thoughts.

Krursk
2006-05-16, 08:21 PM
I'll play, but being in Australia, I've got no idea when to post

Vindemiatrix
2006-05-17, 06:37 PM
Like Raven-gm, I have the same quandary of being in PST. Little help here?

amorelli
2006-05-17, 07:49 PM
time to... uhhh... not pay your protection money to the non-existent leader of the GitP mafia, ummm... which also doesn't exist, Don Sneak, for infringing on our territory, if it existed.

yeah.