PDA

View Full Version : A serious candidate to the "most weird" thread :P

Paladin29
2008-05-09, 06:44 PM
In the last panel of the strip 555 we see the tongue of the orc shaman of Banjo... and it is blue!!!, I am thinking about the colour of Therkla´s tongue... perhaps it´s purple (pink (human)+blue (orc))... any bets? :P

Or.. perhaps, the orc shaman is addict to blue tropic or other obscure beverage..

MrEdwardNigma
2008-05-09, 06:50 PM
In the last panel of the strip 555 we see the tongue of the orc shaman of Banjo... and it is blue!!!, I am thinking about the colour of Therkla´s tongue... perhaps it´s purple (pink (human)+blue (orc))... any bets? :P

Or.. perhaps, the orc shaman is addict to blue tropic or other obscure beverage..

I bet it's that beverage we saw the paladin's drink earlier on the boats (during the wedding). I bet that in the OotS universe, there is a common blue alternative to wine.

Waiters would ask "Would you like some red wine, sir, or some blue?".

David Argall
2008-05-09, 06:56 PM
See #66. Thog has a blue tongue.

Paladin29
2008-05-09, 07:05 PM
See #66. Thog has a blue tongue.

awww man!... My dreams of a new discovery in half-orcish anatomy wasted in seconds...I´ll commit seppukku.... someday XD

JohnnyPsycho
2008-05-09, 08:26 PM
Wait, so either OotS orcs are related to Chow-Chow dogs, or they have some sort of strange disease (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetongue_disease)....

Lupy
2008-05-09, 09:05 PM
I'll have a nice cyan merlet good sir.

Is it sex linked? Blue for males, maybe another color for females?:smallconfused:

Paladin29
2008-05-10, 02:07 PM
Wait, so either OotS orcs are related to Chow-Chow dogs, or they have some sort of strange disease (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetongue_disease)....

OOhh, good theory, perhaps orcs are carrier of a deadly disease, blue tongue and bad grammar are some of the symptons.

Perhpas females have..... NO TONGUE!!! (I need some sleep..)

Callista
2008-05-10, 06:03 PM
And can still talk understandably? Unlikely.

BooTheHamster
2008-05-10, 06:42 PM

Unless having a tongue is actually what causes the male orcs to have grammatical deficiencies; thus, a female half-orc with no tongue can speak much more eloquently than her male, tongued counterparts. :smalltongue:

T-O-E
2008-05-10, 07:12 PM
Unless having a tongue is actually what causes the male orcs to have grammatical deficiencies; thus, a female half-orc with no tongue can speak much more eloquently than her male, tongued counterparts. :smalltongue:

Did Minsc tell you that? I had him in the party with a half-orc barbarian and he made no such comment.

Paladin29
2008-05-11, 12:24 PM

But.. perhaps female half-orcs are psychics, and speak by telepathy!!!

BooTheHamster
2008-05-11, 01:45 PM
Did Minsc tell you that? I had him in the party with a half-orc barbarian and he made no such comment.

Boo says WHAT?!

dragoncmd
2008-05-11, 05:21 PM
Miniature giant space hamsters RULE!

Sorry for the pointless spam, its just that Baldurs Gate 2 is one of the best games ever made.

MisterM
2008-05-11, 05:48 PM
awww man!... My dreams of a new discovery in half-orcish anatomy wasted in seconds...I´ll commit seppukku.... someday XD

That inspired another weird question: if a (N)PC kills himself, will someone get XP?

Paladin29
2008-05-11, 06:14 PM
That inspired another weird question: if a (N)PC kills himself, will someone get XP?

mmmm... the DM? :smallbiggrin:

Callista
2008-05-11, 06:40 PM
No, the PC gets the XP, just as he would in an encounter in which he died fighting a monster. However, he wouldn't get the full amount of XP because the only challenge is an optional Will save to actually go through with it. He gains the XP simultaneously with dying.

However, a large amount of RP XP--depending on whether or not this was a well-thought-out, logical course of action or just a "meh, I don't wanna play this char anymore"--is possible. Of course, people are unlikely to attempt to resurrect a suicide unless he did so to avoid capture or for some other altruistic reason--in which case I as a DM would give enough RP XP to offset level loss, or else give the bonus to the next character, allowing him to come in at average party level.

Paladin29
2008-05-12, 06:29 PM
No, the PC gets the XP, just as he would in an encounter in which he died fighting a monster. However, he wouldn't get the full amount of XP because the only challenge is an optional Will save to actually go through with it. He gains the XP simultaneously with dying.

However, a large amount of RP XP--depending on whether or not this was a well-thought-out, logical course of action or just a "meh, I don't wanna play this char anymore"--is possible. Of course, people are unlikely to attempt to resurrect a suicide unless he did so to avoid capture or for some other altruistic reason--in which case I as a DM would give enough RP XP to offset level loss, or else give the bonus to the next character, allowing him to come in at average party level.

I agree. If the death of a PC is the result of a good roleplaying, he must be rewarded.

NENAD
2008-05-12, 10:37 PM
If, however, an NPC kills himself, the XP will spontaneously be granted to the nearest player, even if he had nothing to do with the event. The XP has to somewhere.

Newtkeeper
2008-05-13, 03:40 PM
If, however, an NPC kills himself, the XP will spontaneously be granted to the nearest player, even if he had nothing to do with the event. The XP has to somewhere.

I'd say the XP goes to whoever did the killing, NPC or PC. Note that, if you killed yourself unaided, it is an encounter of greater effective CR than normal, as you were unassisted by your party. With luck, you might even get enough to cancel out that lost level from Raise Dead.

†Seer†
2008-05-13, 03:59 PM
I'd say the XP goes to whoever did the killing, NPC or PC. Note that, if you killed yourself unaided, it is an encounter of greater effective CR than normal, as you were unassisted by your party. With luck, you might even get enough to cancel out that lost level from Raise Dead.

That'd be an interesting convo between mages...

Mage 1:"So what area of the Abyss did you have to journey to until you finally had enough to go Epic?"

Mage 2:" Well...I actually just had our paladin hold our equipment and cast finger of death repeatedly...