PDA

View Full Version : Quick ToB Question

SilentNight
2008-05-09, 07:55 PM
Just a quick question, can you initiate a standard acttion manuever as part of a spring attack? Our group is about to run a battle campaign with me as an anthropormorphic baleen whale and my lone compatriot as a swordsage, hence the question. Anyone know?

Reel On, Love
2008-05-09, 07:56 PM
Just a quick question, can you initiate a standard acttion manuever as part of a spring attack? Our group is about to run a battle campaign with me as an anthropormorphic baleen whale and my lone compatriot as a swordsage, hence the question. Anyone know?

No. An attack action is not a standard action. You can take an attack action as a standard action, but not vice versa.

SilentNight
2008-05-09, 07:58 PM
No. An attack action is not a standard action. You can take an attack action as a standard action, but not vice versa.

Thanks, I'm sure it will break his little power-gamer heart.:smallamused:

tyckspoon
2008-05-09, 07:59 PM
No. Spring Attack allows for only an attack action (and anything that is directly equivalent to an attack action, like a trip or disarm attempt), not any Standard Action. You can use basically the same options that you could substitute for attacks in a Full Attack.

Reel On, Love
2008-05-09, 07:59 PM
Thanks, I'm sure it will break his little power-gamer heart.:smallamused:

That's what he gets for wanting to play an Anthropomorphic Baleen Whale.

Note that Flyby Attack does give you a standard action, however. Raptoran Swordsage isn't a bad idea.

UserClone
2008-05-09, 09:32 PM
Actually, SilentNight is the Anthropo-B0rKenz Baleen Whale!

Cainen
2008-05-09, 09:38 PM
Oh, you. I take it the gentleman whale is coming along.

SadisticFishing
2008-05-09, 10:18 PM
Yeah, Flyby and Improved Flyby Attack are really good for a raptoran/dragonborn initiator. Plus, double damage on a charge - works for me!

Adslahnit
2008-05-09, 10:44 PM
Oh, you. I take it the gentleman whale is coming along.

Gentleman whale, you say?

www.big-metto.net/RP_Wiki/index.php?title=Sir_Lucius_Maximillian_Rhadamanthu s_Cloverfield_III

http://www.big-metto.net/RP_Wiki/images/9/90/Lucius2.png

Cainen
2008-05-09, 11:17 PM
...That WASN'T you?

This is the biggest coincidence in history.

SilentNight
2008-05-09, 11:18 PM
Gentleman whale, you say?

www.big-metto.net/RP_Wiki/index.php?title=Sir_Lucius_Maximillian_Rhadamanthu s_Cloverfield_III

http://www.big-metto.net/RP_Wiki/images/9/90/Lucius2.png

Nice, kudos, congrats etc. I like:smallbiggrin:.

Adslahnit
2008-05-09, 11:45 PM
...That WASN'T you?

This is the biggest coincidence in history.

Sir, I can attest that my gentleman whale character was created on my own, and that I had no knowledge of this SilentNight fellow until now.

Cainen
2008-05-09, 11:54 PM
Other way around. I'm well aware that you created it, since you have a Touhou avatar.

Adslahnit
2008-05-10, 01:01 AM
Other way around. I'm well aware that you created it, since you have a Touhou avatar.

And through which venue do you know me?

SilentNight
2008-05-10, 09:21 AM

I must plead ignorance as well. I have never heard of this Adslahnit character before. The awesomeness of the whale is all encompassing.:smallcool: Besides, mine is not a gentle man. He is a kind, wise and extremely relaxed fighter/barbarian/exotic weapon master.