PDA

View Full Version : Fluff question

monty
2008-05-09, 08:12 PM
How exactly do creatures with wings wear armor? Or any clothing, for that matter? I don't see how you could get any torso covering over the wings.

Signmaker
2008-05-09, 08:14 PM
Depends on the armor, usually. Where there's a will, there's a way.

senrath
2008-05-09, 08:19 PM
How exactly do creatures with wings wear armor? Or any clothing, for that matter? I don't see how you could get any torso covering over the wings.

Specially crafted armor with wing-holes.

Jayngfet
2008-05-09, 08:20 PM
depends on the armor, theirs celestial armor, which gives you wings anyway.

Reel On, Love
2008-05-09, 08:22 PM

For clothing, you'd just need a button-down (or etc) flap down the middle of the back, or an outfit that leaves the upper back bare.

For armor, you put most of it on and then have someone attach the remaining piece, leaving small holes around your wings.

Or, you know, magic.

EvilElitest
2008-05-09, 08:25 PM
I imagine they need it custom made for them. or they fold their wings. I can see it being painful however
from
EE

senrath
2008-05-09, 08:28 PM
I imagine they need it custom made for them. or they fold their wings. I can see it being painful however
from
EE

They could do it like Angel from X-Men, actually. He had a specially designed harness that kept his wings completely flat against his body all the time.

monty
2008-05-09, 08:53 PM
I imagine they need it custom made for them.
EE

That's what I figured, but then I would assume that the custom armor would cost more, and there's no rules for armor pricing beyond size and humanoid/nonhumanoid. So we're still left with something illogical.

senrath
2008-05-09, 09:06 PM
That's what I figured, but then I would assume that the custom armor would cost more, and there's no rules for armor pricing beyond size and humanoid/nonhumanoid. So we're still left with something illogical.

You're talking about DnD here. Most of the game is illogical.

mercurymaline
2008-05-09, 09:56 PM

For the winged critters in my game, I just set it at 150% regular cost for their size.

EvilElitest
2008-05-09, 09:58 PM

yeah, i wish that was a bigger feature in D&D
from
EE