PDA

View Full Version : Moms in the Playground!

EmeraldRose
2008-05-10, 08:05 PM
A couple hours early, but...

To my fellow Moms in the Playground:

Happy Mother's Day!! :smallbiggrin:
Hope you all have a wonderful day full of your favorite things!

http://www.theflowerexpert.com/media/images/giftflowers/flowersandoccassions/mothersdayroses/mother-roses.jpg

To those who have a mom:

Go give her a hug! :smallwink:

BizzaroStormy
2008-05-10, 08:08 PM
Oh hell! It mother's day!?! *runs out to get gift*

Copacetic
2008-05-10, 08:12 PM
Heh, I already gave my mom her gift. Pottery class is more than just a grade you know. :smalltongue:

SMEE
2008-05-10, 08:18 PM
I will only be able to see mom next weekend, but I bought her a gift she'll love. :smallsmile:

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-10, 08:23 PM
Sadly, I don't have a mother to do Mother's day things for...

Ranna
2008-05-10, 08:24 PM
Mothers day has always been a pain for me cos we live in different country's which have different mothers day dates so no matter how hard i try I'll get it wrong (one year she'll decide to use my country's date, and I'll use her country, the next year its the other way round.)

so to get over this problem, I gave her my mothers day card to her at Christmas. Problem sorted!

Dispozition
2008-05-10, 08:57 PM
Happy mothers day to all the mothers here...Except the English ones, 'cause it's not mothers day there...Why England has mothers day on a different day, I never will know...

I got my mum a pendant made out of mother of pearl with a silver flower inlay...She liked it :D

The Rose Dragon
2008-05-11, 12:25 PM
I got my mom... nothing. In fact, I wouldn't know if it was the Mother's Day if she didn't hit me in the head with the metaphorical hammer. I know it is a Sunday in May, but I'll be damned if I ever remember which one.

It helps my case I'm in a different city, though.

Quincunx
2008-05-11, 01:06 PM
Mothers day has always been a pain for me cos we live in different country's which have different mothers day dates so no matter how hard i try I'll get it wrong (one year she'll decide to use my country's date, and I'll use her country, the next year its the other way round.)

so to get over this problem, I gave her my mothers day card to her at Christmas. Problem sorted!

*takes notes*

ColonelFuster
2008-05-11, 01:12 PM
Happy mothers day to all the moms on the forums!

Eksar Lindisfar
2008-05-11, 01:18 PM
pretty much the same as Ranna, mom's far away, on the north of the continent (South America) and I live in Argentina...way south, plus, they have different days here and there in Venezuela...I'm calling tonight

I miss my mom's brownies as well

Evil DM Mark3
2008-05-11, 01:43 PM
Happy mothers day to all the mothers here...Except the English ones, 'cause it's not mothers day there...Why England has mothers day on a different day, I never will know...

BRITAIN (not england damnit, there are 3 nations in Britain, 4 in the UK... grumble) uses the traditional date as once set by the church. Interesting to note that it is more correctly Mothering Sunday, as it always happens on a Sunday who's date is connected to Easter (to be exact it is the 4th Sunday in lent). First celebrated in the 1500s, although it was not at first a celebration of motherhood but rather a return to your "mother" church, which meant that people who had moved away would go home, likely seeing their mother for the only time in the year. Then there was a secularization, driven more than a little by the Reformation and Republic, and it was hung on to as a holiday for serving girls.

Mothers day was invented by Julia Ward Howe in 1870, inspired by the British holiday, to inspire and unite mothers against war.

Father's day is on the 3rd Sunday in June in both places. It began in 1910. Whilst it does have some historical religious background it was far more heavily pushed into prominence by business interests.

Trog
2008-05-11, 02:23 PM
*Trog pokes his scaly head into the thread*

Mothers? Trog head there were mothers somewhere hereabouts. And where there are others there are the fabled MILFs.

*walks into thread obviously failing to hide a large net behind his back*

What are MILFs you ask? Well... Trogs not really sure about that bit actually... *scratches head* Trog thinks they are some form of goblinoid. :smallconfused: Or maybe a badger or something like that. But this net will surely nab a few. :smallbiggrin:

*points* Trog's gonna go hide in the bushes over there and of you spot any just hollar. If Trog stays awake Trog will run out and nab them. Trog'll cut you in 30/70 on splitting the profits. Trog's already got a zoo interested in Trog's finds. Trog gets more since Trog already did most of the leg work.

*wanders off into bushes. Falls alseep*

Mr. Moon
2008-05-11, 05:06 PM
I think I actualy managed to pass Mother's Day today. A little while back, my Jappanese teacher took us on a field trip, and while I was there, I saw a rice bowl and a pair of chopsticks decorated with her favourite animal, the owl. I also gave her a peice of caligraphy I did - the kanji for History. She loved it.

Midnight Son
2008-05-11, 10:22 PM
I gave my mother two DVDs and a phone call to wish her a happy Mother's Day and tell her that I love her.

EvilElitest
2008-05-11, 10:23 PM
Sadly, I don't have a mother to do Mother's day things for...

I feel for you, i hope you have somebody
from
EE

soozenw
2008-05-12, 07:26 AM
Thanks! :)

Can I show my cutie? Can I?

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b54/soozenw/bg%20pics/max3417.jpg

dish
2008-05-12, 07:34 AM
Thanks! :)

Can I show my cutie? Can I?

Adorable. What did he get you for mother's day?

soozenw
2008-05-12, 10:23 AM
Adorable. What did he get you for mother's day?

A gift card to Starbucks. Yum. I love their Strawberries and Creme drink.

Serpentine
2008-05-12, 10:37 AM
BRITAIN (not england damnit, there are 3 nations in Britain, 4 in the UK... grumble) uses the traditional date as once set by the church.Or maybe he thought it was only on a different day in England, and didn't want to exclude more mothers than necessary because he didn't know about the rest of the UK. Didja think about that, Mr Sensitivity? :smallannoyed:
I've just got mum a card that she saw and liked. Still gotta send it, though... <.<

Robberbaron
2008-05-14, 11:30 AM
I know it's a bit late, but I got my mom this for Mother's Day, she got it framed.

http://www.randalspangler.com/whatsnew/night%20watch.jpg

One of her and my favourite artists, Randal Spangler. (http://www.randalspangler.com/)

Fri
2008-05-14, 01:31 PM
Strangely in my country, the mother day isn't actually about 'mother.' Only history students know this, but our mother day is set on the date of the first national women conference. So it's more woman's day than mother's day actually.