PDA

View Full Version : The Girl Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

I'm da Rogue!
2008-05-11, 05:07 PM
Ok, it was about time we got our own new shiny thread!
The Playground's full of guys, and we don't have a place where we can talk about.. girly stuff!

So here's a thread for us!

(Guys can post, too, but be warned: You might not like everything you read in here).:smalltongue:

InaVegt
2008-05-11, 05:09 PM
*peeks around corner*

Transgirls allowed in here?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-11, 05:11 PM
Yaaay, its like a slumber party on GitP!

We can talk about crushes and makeup and clothes and how our characters kick other characters butts!

I'm da Rogue!
2008-05-11, 05:12 PM
*peeks around corner*

Transgirls allowed in here?
Of course! Especially pretty ones like you:smallwink:

Mr. Moon
2008-05-11, 05:13 PM
A thread for girls? *checks* Hey! I'm a girl! Sweet.

@Gezina - Of course it is, silly!

InaVegt
2008-05-11, 05:15 PM
Not another one involved in the plot to make me think I'm pretty...

Anyway, I've been thinking about make up lately, and seeing as how I lack any make up, as well as knowledge about the stuff, and this thread just propped up.

What kind of make up is good and such?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-11, 05:18 PM
Gez, it really depends on your skin type and how much money you're willing to spend on make-up.
I use a lot of oil-free stuff, since my skin is oily.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-05-11, 05:20 PM
Not another one involved in the plot to make me think I'm pretty...

Anyway, I've been thinking about make up lately, and seeing as how I lack any make up, as well as knowledge about the stuff, and this thread just propped up.

What kind of make up is good and such?

Well, I generally don't use make-up, because it doesn't look good on my skin, but lately discovered that it looks nice at night, as long as I don't put a lot on my face.

You can go to a shop and ask which tone is better for your skin, they should look at your face and perhaps give you some samples to try on.

And there are special make-ups for younger women, that are not that "heavy", they just make your face look lighter.
Something like powder-make-ups.

.. and how our characters kick other characters butts!

I love it when that happens.:smallamused:

Mr. Moon
2008-05-11, 05:22 PM
Ugh, I hate make-up. I tried using eye liner the other day and stabbed myself in the eye. Ow... Nail-polish is fun though.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-11, 05:24 PM
Ugh, I hate make-up. I tried using eye liner the other day and stabbed myself in the eye. Ow... Nail-polish is fun though.

I tried using liquid eyeliner once, and got a blob of it on my eye. It didn't hurt, it was just weird...
I've avoided using it since then.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-05-11, 05:26 PM
I tried using liquid eyeliner once, and got a blob of it on my eye. It didn't hurt, it was just weird...
I've avoided using it since then.

I never managed to use liquid eye-liner.
I mean, this thing is for proffessional artists or something.
I can't draw a straight line with it!

The pencil's easier.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-05-11, 05:30 PM
If guys are allowed, (specifcally mentioned in the Original Post), I'm pretty sure everyone is allowed, Gezina.I didn't even know you were a transgirl til you posted that...
Anyway: Make-up
I'll admit I don't really know anything aout it excepting eye make-up (from acting), and face-paint.

And I honestly apologise, I thought this thread was bout your esteemd gender, not girl-stuff.
*disappears in a puff of discontinuity*

DrowVampyre
2008-05-11, 05:43 PM
Regarding makeup...anyone know of a good guide for the basics of applying it as well as shopping for it? I'm hoping to begin trying to wear it before too long, but...well, being born in the wrong body and raised that way and all, I have no knowledge at all about the use, and I don't want to come out looking like a clown... >_> <_<

SMEE
2008-05-11, 05:44 PM
Ohhh! A thread for girls! :smallbiggrin:
That's one terrific idea.

Now, regarding make-up, I use litte save for lip stick (and I have to say that red ones doesn't fit my face. I look awful when wearing it) and gloss and powder.
I need to make a course on how to use it more effectivel. :smalltongue:,

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-11, 05:47 PM
Internet to the rescuuuueee~ (http://www.expertvillage.com/video-series/387_makeup-application.htm)

I don't use lipstick. It feels kinda icky.
I like lipgloss just for the wet look it gives.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-05-11, 05:49 PM
I'm not the right person to give advice, since I rarely use make-up.. But look what I found! (http://www.monsterguide.net/how-to-apply-makeup.shtml)

Trog
2008-05-11, 05:52 PM
*pokes head in thread*

Okay, on the subject of make up I have the following to say: I gotta respect women who can pull off wearing makeup. Can you imagine if guys were suddenly expected to wear makeup? It'd be like a bunch of Heath Ledgers (in Dark Knight) running around. :smalleek:

That being said I did once get eye makeup applied to me. I was going out to a goth/industrial club called "The Cage" in Minneapolis long, long ago. A goth roommate of mine was going so I tagged along just wanting to see what the place was like. The stuff is a pain to have put on let me tell you.

That said I think I speak for many guys when saying please do not overdo it. When a gal starts looking like you can scratch your initials into her face... yeah. Not good.

*gets back into character*

So... when do you start the pillow fights? *puffs*

The Rose Dragon
2008-05-11, 05:55 PM
Hey, no dissing Heath Ledger in makeup.

I look cool in makeup. Takes away the glare off my face and highlights my eyes (which are brown, therefore really hard to highlight, but my drama instructor did that, and boy did it look sweet.).

Also, I am here to stalk you girls, and sneak glomp you when you're most vulnerable for 1000000000d20 affection damage. Cause I'm weird like that.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-05-11, 05:57 PM
How did he do that? My eyes are brown too, and I find them really boring.

The Rose Dragon
2008-05-11, 05:59 PM
She, and I don't know how she did that. I still have a picture of it somewhere in my old cell phone, though.

Mordokai
2008-05-11, 06:03 PM
I have a feeling this thread is going to be very popular with guys. Almost as much as with girls, I daresay.

I'll show myself out. You gals have fun.

Em Blackleaf
2008-05-11, 06:41 PM
Hey, look, I'm a girl!

On makeup, I hate it. Powder and foundation are sticky and they cause zits, lipstick is too much, eyeliner and eyeshadow are itchy and they smudge too much. I even prefer chap stick over lipgloss. I've never had a problem with mascara, though. I've never tried liquid eyeliner, but I've seen it being applied.

If I must wear it (which actually never ever happens) I wear chestnut eyeliner (I bought a fairly long pencil for a buck at Rite-Aid, N.Y.C.) because of my brown eyes and hair and cream shades of eyeshadow or something. I also have an incredibly bright shade of sky-blue very powdery eyeshadow (It's called CQ- Vibrant Eyeshadow) that I wore maybe once. On only the bottom half of my eyelid. I do like the color, though, and it doesn't bother me very much. I should wear it more. In also have some brown eyeshadow, green eyeshadow, and darker blue shades. I have yet to try no-clump mascara. I would like to get some, though.

I have TONS of nail polish. I have a forest green, a lime green, purple, glittery orange, light blue, red, two blacks, a couple gold-ish colors, a white, glittery-ish one, a few French pinks, and a clear top coat that magically never seems to run out. I'm probably forgetting some.

How do you guys feel about jewelery? I like bright, chunky bracelets, big, beady necklaces, and any type of earrings.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-11, 07:50 PM
I'm not a big fan of earrings, or any piercings really. I just don't understand the want to put holes in your body.
Whatever floats your boat, though.
I love rings, but I'm very picky about which. Square cut gems are preferable, and I love amethyst and jade.
I'm also really into bracelets and necklaces of any types.

Desgardius
2008-05-11, 08:07 PM
*looks around, looks down, looks around again, and chooses to stay and listen to her gender*
Make up: In my personal opinion, I don't think girls should wear very heavy make up, or heavy at all. I personally just wear eye liner and mascara, I'd wear a bit of cover up if I knew how to apply it correctly/to find the right color to my face. I think it's somewhat sad when you forget to put make up on one day, and people ask you if you are ok because you look sick.

Jewelry: As long as it doesn't immobilize you, I think all jewelry is pretty cool, however, if earings that you wear are so heavy that they tear your holes, I find it silly to wear them.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-05-11, 08:09 PM
Though far from being female, I just thought I might say that I do heartily approve of their existence :smallbiggrin:

Jack Squat
2008-05-11, 08:10 PM
How do you guys feel about jewelery? I like bright, chunky bracelets, big, beady necklaces, and any type of earrings.

I think it should be an accent, not a defining feature of you. This leaves a lot open to interpretation, but also means don't use a lot.

I prefer smaller items as well, but that's not to say larger ones can't look good...it's just generally a thin silver necklace will look better than a mardi gras one.

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-11, 08:13 PM
Make up, I don't wear it, and I probably should. I wear it on special occasions to hide my acne, and when I want to impress people. But I don't like the way it feels, and I always feel like a Bond girl when I'm done.

As far as piercings go, I think tongue and nipple piercings are the worst ideas ever, but whatever floats your boat, as RHL said. Ears I think look nice, if you have a sense of what looks good with your face. I should wear earrings more often too, my holes heal up pretty quickly.

SweetLikeLemons
2008-05-11, 08:36 PM
I don't know if this was covered in the link RHL posted, my computer is having issues with videos, but the trick to getting eyeliner in a straight line is to gently pull the outside corner of your eye toward your temple. That makes the edge of your eyelid a straight line instead of a curve, making it easier to draw a straight line onto it.

Not that I usually wear makeup anymore. Just on special occasions. I like to see the shocked looks on people's faces when they see that I actually clean up pretty well.

And I do poke myself in the eye, too, but it is usually with the mascara. Mascara is my enemy.

To continue the girliness: I need a pedicure like nobody's business. My feet are icky after a whole winter of inattention and boot-wearing.

Em Blackleaf
2008-05-11, 08:45 PM
What SweetLikeLemons said about applying eyeliner was sort of an instinct for me when I first tried eyeliner. It seemed easier.
I need a pedi too, I might just do that later tonight.

As far as piercings go, I think tongue and nipple piercings are the worst ideas ever, but whatever floats your boat, as RHL said. Ears I think look nice, if you have a sense of what looks good with your face. I should wear earrings more often too, my holes heal up pretty quickly.
Tongue and nipple piercings sound awful. I actually haven't worn earrings in about a month or so, and I think my ears are closing up. My right ear had a minor complication when it was pierced, the lady hit a blood vessel in my earlobe, so it bled a lot after I first took my earrings out. I freaked out, because I absolutely hate bleeding. It's not that I can't stand the sight of blood or anything, I just hate bleeding.
I don't like heavy earrings either.
I have a friend who has her septum pierced, she looks like a bull. :smalltongue: :smallwink: And several friends with several ear cartilage piercings. My cousin has two eyebrow piercings. When I was little, I racked my brain trying to figure out how that was done. :smalltongue:

Dragonrider
2008-05-11, 08:47 PM
I don't wear makeup either. Well, except for foundation sometimes, if I get spotty. :smallannoyed: But not very often, cuz I likes my freckles. :smalltongue:

And I have two piercings in each earlobe. But that is all I will ever have.

Zarrexaij
2008-05-11, 08:57 PM
I'm a chick who almost never wears makeup (save lipgloss, lip stain, or a pale shade of coral lipstick) and only wears spikey/studded jewelry.

Sorry, I'm just not that girly. I never will be. I've always been a tomboy.

Lerky
2008-05-11, 09:06 PM
hm... this thread has peaked my interest.
anyway, your all girls here (except thanatos5150, Trog, The Rose Dragon, Mordokai, The Vorpal Tribble, and Jack Squat) so I need an opinion of the female persuasion. Okay, this is a common question that I have yet to come upon the answer... how do you get a girl to notice you? I figured the best person to ask is a girl and this is a girl thread so seemed kinda logical to ask here
I want multiple opinions though, not the "one true way"
Thanks to those that help:smallsmile:

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-11, 09:06 PM
I'm a chick who almost never wears makeup (save lipgloss, lip stain, or a pale shade of coral lipstick) and only wears spikey/studded jewelry.

Sorry, I'm just not that girly. I never will be. I've always been a tomboy.

I was up untill two years ago...and then I said screw it. You only get to be a teenaged girl once.
And I only now just realized you're in Oklahoma, too.

What's the question, Lerky? How to get a girl to notice you?
Depends on the girl. Tell us about her :smallwink:

Zarrexaij
2008-05-11, 09:10 PM
I was up untill two years ago...and then I said screw it. You only get to be a teenaged girl once.I prefer not to paint my face unless it's for an interview.

Even then I usually don't. Maybe some powder and eyeliner. God, I hate makeup. It's fascistically priced, it dries out my skin, makes me break out, and it simply doesn't beat having nice skin to begin with.

Sorry, I'd rather not put my skin through torture. :/

Trog
2008-05-11, 09:11 PM
Zarrexaij, it always throws me when I see you mention that you are female...

Must be that very phallic avatar that does it. :smalltongue:

Zarrexaij
2008-05-11, 09:13 PM
Zarrexaij, it always throws me when I see you mention that you are female...

Must be that very phallic avatar that does it. :smalltongue:I love me some Pyramidhead.

He's a sexy beast of a video game character.

I tend to get that. My avatars tend to be fairly masculine. :/

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-11, 09:13 PM
I prefer not to paint my face unless it's for an interview.

Even then I usually don't. Maybe some powder and eyeliner. God, I hate makeup. It's fascistically priced, it dries out my skin, makes me break out, and it simply doesn't beat having nice skin to begin with.

I agree with the price. Its like the companies know some of us feel like we need it and take advantage of that.

And, hey,as I normally say, whatever floats your boat. If you don't want to wear makeup, that's cool :smallwink:

Also, masculine avatars are awesome. :: points at her Mad Hatter::

EvilElitest
2008-05-11, 09:15 PM
hm... this thread has peaked my interest.
anyway, your all girls here (except thanatos5150, Trog, The Rose Dragon, Mordokai, The Vorpal Tribble, and Jack Squat) so I need an opinion of the female persuasion. Okay, this is a common question that I have yet to come upon the answer... how do you get a girl to notice you? I figured the best person to ask is a girl and this is a girl thread so seemed kinda logical to ask here
I want multiple opinions though, not the "one true way"
Thanks to those that help:smallsmile:

Classy. Anyways as a guy on a girls thread

I'd suggest confidence. In my flirting experience i've notice that self confidence helps a lot, and with my looks that helps. I'm extremly self confident, even when i'm embarrassed or nervous, i am just so honest about it it helps. I've noticed taht if your extremly open about your flaws you can't get mocked for them. This is my personal experience, as a rather flirtatious person:smallwink:

I'd also suggest not being as self centered as I am:smallamused:. It works for me because i tend to not get involved more than flirting due to lack of interest, but i imagine somebody as egomanical as myself wouldn't be fun to date. So be confident, but still be understanding
from
EE

Thes Hunter
2008-05-11, 09:29 PM
Price of makeup is expensive. Even more so for the stuff that I have found works for me. I prefer Bobbi Brown (http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/), but Este Lauder and Clinque are also pretty good. My sisters swear by MAC but they are too showy in colors for me.

I have found from my experience even wearing the 'expensive' drug store brands versus these high end brands that price does make a difference. I have always found that massacra leaves racoon rings around my eyes after a while, but the higher end stuff this happens slower and to a lesser extent. Also the higher end stuff lasts longer without retouching, and stays in place better.

Now everything above applies all makeup but foundations and concealers. I have found as others have stated that having good skin is MUCH better than even using the high end foundations. I have always felt that with foundation on, my face attracts more dirt, and I get more acne very shortly afterwards.

Even though I spend a TON on makeup, I find I hardly ever wear it. I personally feel this is a waste, and I have begun trying to wear it more often. Partially this is because I personally feel that a natural looking application of makeup looks more polished than no makeup at all. And I am trying to take better care of myself.

As for jewelry, I am currently only wearing the Tiffany's necklace that Trog gave me over a year ago for Valentine's day.

Lerky
2008-05-11, 09:34 PM
Classy. Anyways as a guy on a girls thread

I'd suggest confidence. In my flirting experience i've notice that self confidence helps a lot, and with my looks that helps. I'm extremly self confident, even when i'm embarrassed or nervous, i am just so honest about it it helps. I've noticed taht if your extremly open about your flaws you can't get mocked for them. This is my personal experience, as a rather flirtatious person:smallwink:

I'd also suggest not being as self centered as I am:smallamused:. It works for me because i tend to not get involved more than flirting due to lack of interest, but i imagine somebody as egomanical as myself wouldn't be fun to date. So be confident, but still be understanding
from
EE

hm... intresting, i was just listening to the Star Trek: Enterprise intro ( I've got faith of the heart). Fate has a funny sense of humor:smallsmile:
anyway thanks for the advice, I'll remember that. I hope others give more advice. YA HERE THAT PEOPLE I NEED ADVICE TO GET TO KNOW HOW TO GET A GIRL TO NOTICE ME
heh, that'll buy a few peoples eyes:smallamused:
and even though I don't respond doesn't mean I'm not listening (feel free to PM me if you wish):smallsmile:

EvilElitest
2008-05-11, 09:37 PM
hm... intresting, i was just listening to the Star Trek: Enterprise intro ( I've got faith of the heart). Fate has a funny sense of humor:smallsmile:
anyway thanks for the advice, I'll remember that. I hope others give more advice. YA HERE THAT PEOPLE I NEED ADVICE TO GET TO KNOW HOW TO GET A GIRL TO NOTICE ME
heh, that'll buy a few peoples eyes:smallamused:
and even though I don't respond doesn't mean I'm not listening (feel free to PM me if you wish):smallsmile:

Glad to give it, i think confidence is the key. I'm in high school and you know how the annoying jocks get girls? Confidence, stereotyped as it is. As a not particularity good looking person, i assure you looks aren't everything

Also ladies, don't PM advice if you can help it, it is interesting to read
from
EE

Lykan
2008-05-11, 09:41 PM
Err... I'm a girl... Sorta.

Except for the "female sex" part. >.>

*slinks away in shame*

Collin152
2008-05-11, 09:43 PM
I'm in high school and you know how the annoying jocks get girls?

Point of order:
They aren't the only ones.

Of course, I'd never notice that myself. I couldn't care less for the girls or the guys who get girls.

Pardon my intrusion, ladies. But hey, when the male-female war breaks out, I plan to fight on your side anyways.

EvilElitest
2008-05-11, 09:46 PM
Point of order:
They aren't the only ones.

Of course, I'd never notice that myself. I couldn't care less for the girls or the guys who get girls.

Pardon my intrusion, ladies. But hey, when the male-female war breaks out, I plan to fight on your side anyways.

1)I'm not saying they aren't the only ones, but when people who lack looks and charm gets girls, it is because of confidence
2) Well of course we will fight for the girls, more interesting and better hygiene
/Sexist stereotype
3) the one debate point i will never argue, ever is that boys are better than girls. I always loose after one point
from
EE

TigerHunter
2008-05-11, 10:00 PM
A, a fellow blood traitor. (Chromosome traitor? Doesn't have quite the same ring to it.) Hail!

EvilElitest
2008-05-11, 10:05 PM
A, a fellow blood traitor. (Chromosome traitor? Doesn't have quite the same ring to it.) Hail!

We are a secret group
from
EE

Lerky
2008-05-11, 10:06 PM
that we are, brothers:smallbiggrin:

EvilElitest
2008-05-11, 10:07 PM
that we are, brothers:smallbiggrin:

Hopefully our female overlords (overlordess?) will reward us when the day of conquest comes. I don't want to live in a drow society much that is
from
EE

Lerky
2008-05-11, 10:21 PM
Hopefully our female overlords (overlordess?) will reward us when the day of conquest comes. I don't want to live in a drow society much that is
from
EE

very true. Check out my new sig:smallbiggrin:
(sorry ladies about polluting your thread:smallfrown:)

AmberVael
2008-05-11, 10:28 PM
*gently nudges the "how to get someone to notice you" to the proper thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73231)*
*shoos out the fanboys*
Now be nice and quiet, the overlordsladies are talking about makeup. :smalltongue: :smallwink:

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-11, 10:29 PM
Maybe I'm just reading it wrong, but I think you guys read it wrong.
I think..and maybe it is me, Collin and Tiger Hunter meant they were gay?

EvilElitest
2008-05-11, 10:32 PM
*gently nudges the "how to get someone to notice you" to the proper thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73231)*
*shoos out the fanboys*
Now be nice and quiet, the overlordsladies are talking about makeup. :smalltongue: :smallwink:

does getting attention from girls generally count as a relationship? Meh

As a straight guy, i don't think that means anything actually, because gays aren't a traitor to the male gender. If your right, then i have been sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo talking about something else, i thought we were talking about serving girls when they eventually take over the world

from
EE

Lerky
2008-05-11, 10:33 PM
*shoos out the fanboys*

hey, thanks oh great goddess of everything *bows*
oh god, me and a friend had an argument over who did best in this play we were doing, she said I did better I said she did better. It lasted 2 days and we'll most likley pick it back up tomorrow. Just one of my arguments was she was a goddess of everything and that reminded me of that:smallbiggrin:

oh, I'd still appreciate people advice though

EvilElitest
2008-05-11, 10:35 PM
hey, thanks oh great goddess of everything *bows*
oh god, me and a friend had an argument over who did best in this play we were doing, she said I did better I said she did better. It lasted 2 days and we'll most likley pick it back up tomorrow. Just one of my arguments was she was a goddess of everything and that reminded me of that:smallbiggrin:

I"m southern, so i'm going to hold you to our gentleman rules, the girl is always better
from
EE

Lerky
2008-05-11, 10:36 PM
I"m southern, so i'm going to hold you to our gentleman rules, the girl is always better
from
EE

EXACTLY!:smallbiggrin:
but she's just to nice to just say "thank you"

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-05-11, 10:37 PM
Well, I'm not female but I DO wear female clothing (cardigans are SO comfortable) and a full third of my shirts are pink or purple. :smalltongue: Am I close enough to join the club? :smallamused:

Makeup: Eyeliner and lipstick (black and red) are as far as I like to go unless I'm dressing up for a special event (like All Hallow's or group activities based on freaking out homophobes). I'm a huge fan of the natural look, and outside of special events, dislike the look of product obscured lady-folk features. You can't cuddle confortably when you or the other person have foundation on. :smallannoyed:

Jewelry: I used to have my tongue done. It was a pain in the butt to keep track of (and I swallowed the flower of my favorite laberet T_T) so I let it heal and left it be. I have assorted bracelets and necklaces that I like to wear from time to time, but it's not the usual fare by a long shot. Again, I'm all for the natural look. Fake pisses me off, and gives me the impression that the person in question is shallow and superficial or insecure with themselves. That may not be accurate by any means, but it's still my first impression.

Lerky
2008-05-11, 10:45 PM
I have to agree with you on "natural looks". As a guy I can't get to know person that wears make-up (or at least a lot of it) I mean why even put it on? You mine as well scream "I HATE HOW I LOOK!".
And I'd just like to add to the topic: Perfume. I personally like it (as in the smell), however some brands are as bad as death and usually if it's strong you can easily tell who's wearing it (like they come in the room and bring the smell) but otherwise i'm thumbs up for that, anyone here anti-perfume?

DanielX
2008-05-11, 10:46 PM
The War Between the Sexes will never lead to a decisive victory or defeat... too much commiserating with the enemy. :smalltongue:

I... don't get most women's fashions. Men's fashion is bad enough, but many women's fashions look extremely uncomfortable, and many others I just don't understand. High heels, pantyhose, many types of piercings, some types of makeup (heck, I'm not even sure if I get the point of most lipsticks... is having unnaturally bright red lips 'sexier' than just normal ones?), fancier hairstyles, a wide variety of different clothing items.... they leave me asking "What is the point"?

Lerky
2008-05-11, 10:50 PM
well maybe if a drab looking woman was walking down the street and next to her was a woman with lipstick, a fancy hairstyle, and high heels, you'd turn your head in the direction of the fancied woman wouldn't you?
or maybe they're just insecure:smallconfused:

Bag_of_Holding
2008-05-11, 11:09 PM
Men's fashion is bad enough,

I heartily agree :smallbiggrin:. I'd prefer if some of guys in my Biol. lecture stop wearing those skin-tight pants, trying to look as if their genitalia is more prominent than other guys.

On the other hand, the reason behind why girls like being pretty (or in some cases trying to be pretty... like those days when I just can't seem to get that make-up on properly) is simply because we want to. We horde pretty jewelleries and dresses (and variations of them) because we take pride and joy from them. It's much like boys with their... action figures/video games and muscle mass.

Of course, everyone has different needs and inclinations, so I'm just being general here.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-11, 11:10 PM
I have to agree with you on "natural looks". As a guy I can't get to know person that wears make-up (or at least a lot of it) I mean why even put it on? You mine as well scream "I HATE HOW I LOOK!".
And I'd just like to add to the topic: Perfume. I personally like it (as in the smell), however some brands are as bad as death and usually if it's strong you can easily tell who's wearing it (like they come in the room and bring the smell) but otherwise i'm thumbs up for that, anyone here anti-perfume?

Wearing make-up does not signify that one hates how they look.
I am incredibly vain and happen to think I am very attractive, yet I still wear make-up. Its an enhancer, an accessory like shoes or jewelry.

...when did this thread become more about guys talking about girls than girls talking about girly stuff?

Terraoblivion
2008-05-11, 11:14 PM
And it is not like there hasn't been a lot of really strange male fashions either. Or for that matter is. Just find your local gym and look at the guys who have worker out to such a point that they can no longer lower their arms. And looking at any protest involving anarchists might yield something interesting, and at least the men will most likely be a pierced as the women with clothes just as impractical, at least it is that way in Denmark. Or what about flipping through a book with medieval pictures to see the strange things men were expected to wear back then. Or one on 18th century France. Or one from that tribe in Indonesia who wear enormous artificial genitalia over their real genitalia. Really male fashion is no less strange or impractical than female fashion as a rule, it just so happens that current western culture expects men to be dressed in ways that are drab and unappealing, unless they want to compromise their masculinity.

As for myself and make-up. I can't claim to use a whole lot. I wear mascara and when i remember to do it i paint my nails. Other than that i don't really see the need for me to wear make-up. There are a few reasons for this. By far the dominant one is complete and utter laziness, which is also the reason my apartment is too dirty and why i just got a complaint from the power company over forgetting to check how much power i have used. Another reason is that using large amounts of make-up is an act that carries a great deal of symbological meaning as regards the different social groupings we have here in Denmark and i really don't want to be associated too closely with those that use large amounts of make-up. Finally i have found i don't really need it, my skin is quite clean so there is no point in using make-up on it and lipstick is out of fashion with just about everybody under sixty around here. So it is only around the eyes i would have use for it and i already use make-up there.

And i hope that the concensus was that Gezina was allowed in here...otherwise i would be invading the thread just as much as she would be.

And i think it became about guys talking about girls the moment the thread was made. It is pretty much inevitable when the vast majority of the population somewhere belongs to a group that the conversation ends up being mostly directed by said majority.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-11, 11:15 PM
Of course Gez and you are allowed, Terra.
Transgirls are girls, too!

Lerky
2008-05-11, 11:19 PM
...when did this thread become more about guys talking about girls than girls talking about girly stuff?

when I came in. I can leave if you want me to. I just enjoy listening.:smallsmile:

Vibrant
2008-05-11, 11:29 PM
I think makeup rules (if you do it right). I, too, am all about the natural look, only better. :smallwink: I wear a full face every day, but I like to think you'd hardly realize it unless you had makeup me and non-makeup me side by side for comparison. In fact...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/fmpayne/DSCN0129.jpg http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/fmpayne/smile2.jpg

Naked me - made up me. This is a little more pronounced than I wear on a daily basis because it was for a professional photo sitting (and try not to be distracted by the drastically different hair), but you get the idea.

Collin152
2008-05-11, 11:34 PM

I would take this time to comment on how men are incapable of reading between the lines, but personally I think they're just blind.

-gestures to last word of sig-

Lerky
2008-05-11, 11:44 PM
I would take this time to comment on how men are incapable of reading between the lines, but personally I think they're just blind.

-gestures to last word of sig-

o geez could you be more sexist? Some of us guys aren't that stupid. or in my case stupid at all (I'll admit we're ego-maniacs:smalltongue:)

Collin152
2008-05-11, 11:47 PM
o geez could you be more sexist? Some of us guys aren't that stupid. or in my case stupid at all (I'll admit we're ego-maniacs:smalltongue:)

I'm not sexist. Not against all guys, anyways.
Just the ones who exist purely as landmines for me.
But hey, if I wasn't, would I really be fighting on the othre side of the War of the Sexes?
Men lose by attrition anyways. Science will allow women to repopulate their armies without men, but the reverse is not true.

Agamid
2008-05-12, 12:25 AM
Make-up wise...

I'm allergic to almost every single petrochemical ever created, which makes my make-up expensive and often difficult to find.
So I use Clinique (which is hypoallergenic), almost exclusively, though i do order a Manic Panic product from the UK every now and then.

Adhering to the Goth stereo-type my stable make-up item is my eye-liner pencil. I have 3 black ones (but that's 'cause i keep thinking i've lost it and buying another), 2 green ones (of different shades), a purple one and a blue one. I wear at least one of these most times that i go out.
But i'm never boring with my eye-liners, never just draw around the outline of my eye, i do fishtails, Neil Gaiman inspired designs, even vines and floral designs going down one cheek.

I also bring out dark red (or black) lipstick and a multitude of different shades and colours or eye-shadow for parties and special occasions, and occasionally use a whitener on my face.
I generally avoid mascara though, as it makes my contact lenses itch.

I like to think of make-up for as an artistic medium and my face as the canvas.

Jagg
2008-05-12, 01:01 AM
Right well since the girls invaded the Man thread that I put up a little while ago and disguised themselves by drinking beer, farting, bum scratching and adjusting non existant male genitalia....

Jagg sashays in, sits down in one of the comfy looking couches and starts reading a trashy magazine article about Posh and Becks whilst getting hisher toenails painted.

In answer to one of the previous questions.....I hate perfume. Blech, only a very VERY few perfumes don't give me an immediate migraine headache. They tend to be the one's that are $400 for a bottle. I've frequently however had to leave the train carriage I am in so as not to get gassed by perfume wearing females. Once I start getting black spots in my vision I know it's only a matter of time before I need some powerful drugs to combat the inevitable brain crushing. What's weird is that men's cologne doesn't seem to have the same effect - unless said gentleman is literally dripping with it. I know youus girls like smelling nice, but too much perfume is not nice.

Make-up...umm yeah I'm just kidding myself. I can't talk about make-up.

Jewelry - less is more. Girls who wear large flashy pieces of jewelry seem to want to hide behind it. You know what I mean? Like they are trying to draw attention to the jewelry rather than themselves? Of course I suppose you just have to look at female impersonators to get what I mean. Ah Dame Edna.... that's a classy look.

*gets comfortable in his disguise but prepares to bolt in case anyone's figured it out*

Raiser Blade
2008-05-12, 01:14 AM
My thoughts on makeup: If I can tell you're wearing makeup (I'm not very perceptive :smalltongue:) then I don't like the look of it. I don't mind girls using it in small amounts but I hate it when girls look "fake".

Serpentine
2008-05-12, 01:51 AM
Heh, I was thinking of starting a thread like this a while ago, but that was to ask a really girly question, which I'll get to later.

On make-up: Only wore it once, put on by my cousin for my other cousin's wedding. Looking at the photos from that later, it was... not so good. I am thinking of trying it properly sometime. I am of the opinion that for make-up to be truly effective, you shouldn't be able to tell you're wearing any. If you can tell you're wearing it, you're not wearing it properly. Of course, this is strictly for the everyday, "improving your looks", "hiding your blemishes" variety, not gothwear, eyeshadow, and the rest of the more... "artistic" stuff.

On jewellery: I haven't figured out a particular style I like yet. There's a lot of stuff I see that I like, but I never really love it quite enough to afford it. I also like rings a lot, but my fingers are too stubby and fat for most of them :smallfrown: I keep seeing earrings I really like, which is annoying, cuz I don't have my ears pierced and aside from seeing earrings I like I have no urge whats-so-ever to get them done.

My girly question: I'm a bit worried about the Pill. I keep hearing stories about people getting pregnant when they're on it, but then they're often qualified with "but they weren't using it properly". Now, from what I recall from the instructions, you need to take it every day at "around the same time". This "same time" is pretty broad, because it also specifies a lee-way of something like 6 hours. If you take it outside of this 6-hour window, you just need to wait a couple of hours before having sex. Now, how could you possibly not "use it properly" when the instructions are that simple and forgiving? :smallconfused: While I'm sure the answer is that these people are doing bloody stupid things like using it as a morning-after pill, or just taking it when they intend to get it on, there's this constant suspicion in my mind that maybe I've misunderstood the instructions, and it's actually more complicated than it appears, so I might be doing something wrong... [/paranoia]
So, my actual question: What exactly does "not using it properly" mean? :smallconfused:

Also, would it be rude of me to attempt to get a profile of bosom-sizes in the Playground for my own curiosity? :smallamused:

SweetLikeLemons
2008-05-12, 02:04 AM
I think a couple of the common, slightly-less-idiotic ways to not take birth control pills properly are to completely forget days, or to expect them to work while you are taking antibiotics. Be warned, though, effectiveness is not the only issue with the pill. It can have side affects, including really screwing with your moods.

Oh, and 34B. :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2008-05-12, 02:11 AM
I was going to say that I hadn't noticed any mood-screwing, but then I remembered that I wouldn't, what with having been putting on them by Dr Mum when I was something like 14/15 (aka, ~7 years ago), to "help with my acne" (yes mum, of course :smallwink:).

16D here :smalltongue: Don't know what that is in the other thingumy... 36ish?

Terraoblivion
2008-05-12, 02:14 AM
16D would be an entirely third system of measurement different from both inches and centimeters. Which means that most people are unlikely to be able to translate it into either inches or centimeters unless they live in a country using that system of measurement, in which case it is entirely possible they don't know how to convert it.

Pyrian
2008-05-12, 02:19 AM
Now, how could you possibly not "use it properly" when the instructions are that simple and forgiving?
Silly Serpentine. Performing any given action every day at about the same time without fail is FAR beyond the ability of many a thoroughly drunk, drugged, and/or hung over sorority girl.

Serpentine
2008-05-12, 02:20 AM
I found this (http://www.onlineconversion.com/clothing_womens.htm), but it doesn't seem to have the one "34" would apply to, unless it's French, German or Italian. Never mind, this (http://www.lingeriewonder.com/g/3128/bra-size-conversion.html) one looks about right.
edit: Uh, I'm an Australian 16D, by the way.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-12, 02:21 AM
Serp; As far as I know, when having sex, its suggested you use both a condom and the pill, as neither have a %100 success rate.

Also, I'm a 36B in chest size, though I doubt that means much since we have different systems =/

Edit: Which means, in the Australian, I'm a 16B

wadledo
2008-05-12, 02:38 AM
.......I hate you all soooo very much right now.:smallyuk:

Now I have to go blind myself with a high powered drill so I never read those measurements again.

Serpentine
2008-05-12, 03:43 AM
It is rather pink, isn't it? :smallyuk:

Cobra_Ikari
2008-05-12, 04:00 AM
...I think breast size is overrated. *nods*

...and makeup and perfume too.

...that is all. *feels a bit awkward, wonders if he should leave now*

Serpentine
2008-05-12, 04:42 AM
>stares at Cobra in an extremely awkward-making manner< O.O

Girly stuff...
Girly stuff...

I used to like pink, but then everyone made fun of me for having a bright pink bike and bright pink helmet to match, so I don't like it anymore.

SMEE
2008-05-12, 04:48 AM
My cups are 34AA, or 12AA australian. :smallsigh: But that shall change in the next few months. :smallamused:

Cobra_Ikari
2008-05-12, 04:50 AM
>stares at Cobra in an extremely awkward-making manner< O.O

Girly stuff...
Girly stuff...

I used to like pink, but then everyone made fun of me for having a bright pink bike and bright pink helmet to match, so I don't like it anymore.

...it's not the girly stuff that makes me feel awkward (I've two sisters, and I've given one makeup tips before), it's the potential reactions to my comments that scares me?

...also, screw what everyone else thinks. *ties a bright pink ribbon to a bright pink bike and gives it to Serpy* Cheers! ^_^

Serpentine
2008-05-12, 05:03 AM
The "girly stuff" wasn't at you, that was just me trying to be more on-topic. And no, I actually don't really like pink any more.

Jibar
2008-05-12, 05:07 AM
Also, would it be rude of me to attempt to get a profile of bosom-sizes in the Playground for my own curiosity? :smallamused:

I think it's a shared curiosity.
*nods wisely*
Go-go Gadget Gender Icon!

Nychta
2008-05-12, 05:37 AM
Woo, girly thread.

As for makeup, I only use a little. Black eyeliner. Mascara when I can find my eyelash curlers. Lip gloss. Eyeshadow on special occassions.

I don't really need them, I guess, but I feel nice when I put them on.
I stopped using perfume after I realised it affects my mood. I just found a nice Impulse deoderant that makes me feel energetic. Just my luck. Limited edition :smallsigh:.

Jewellery is not a big thing for me. Okay. I like necklaces when I wear low necklines. So that's it.
Accessories are much better. I wear (really nice) headbands, clips, decorative combs (I have a cute tiara one, yayz for me :smalltongue:)
And, if you'll forgive me, WHY IS THERE NO HUGE DISCUSSION ON SHOES? Come on! Shoes are the best. And very important! They have to match and be comfy.
So I'm starting the discussion on shoes. I likes my gladiator sandals in summer, or jandals (no, not thongs). Boots are sometimes nice, but horribly overpriced this winter. Flats/ballet slippers are the nicest most comfy prettiest shoes. EVAR. They're like socks! But you can get them in the coolest designs.

Slighty girly question: Should I get the silver, the pink, or the wet-look black ballet flats? Keeping in mind that this is winter. And I hardly wear pink.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-05-12, 05:57 AM
Woo, girly thread.

As for makeup, I only use a little. Black eyeliner. Mascara when I can find my eyelash curlers. Lip gloss. Eyeshadow on special occassions.

I don't really need them, I guess, but I feel nice when I put them on.
I stopped using perfume after I realised it affects my mood. I just found a nice Impulse deoderant that makes me feel energetic. Just my luck. Limited edition :smallsigh:.

Jewellery is not a big thing for me. Okay. I like necklaces when I wear low necklines. So that's it.
Accessories are much better. I wear (really nice) headbands, clips, decorative combs (I have a cute tiara one, yayz for me :smalltongue:)
And, if you'll forgive me, WHY IS THERE NO HUGE DISCUSSION ON SHOES? Come on! Shoes are the best. And very important! They have to match and be comfy.
So I'm starting the discussion on shoes. I likes my gladiator sandals in summer, or jandals (no, not thongs). Boots are sometimes nice, but horribly overpriced this winter. Flats/ballet slippers are the nicest most comfy prettiest shoes. EVAR. They're like socks! But you can get them in the coolest designs.

Slighty girly question: Should I get the silver, the pink, or the wet-look black ballet flats? Keeping in mind that this is winter. And I hardly wear pink.

...that kind of rules out pink, doesn't it?

...I don't see the importance of shoes. Or rather, pretty-yet-uncomfortable ones. If the shoe is uncomfortable, I'd rather go barefoot...

Thanatos 51-50
2008-05-12, 06:15 AM
Serp; As far as I know, when having sex, its suggested you use both a condom and the pill, as neither have a %100 success rate.

Emphasis mine.
Success rates for both are round-about the 90% mark, IIRC, still pretty good, but not 100% foolproof.
Not to sound like a preacher but abstinace is the only 100% garunteed, non-surgical method of contraception.
I prefer it when the girl takes the pill, though

RE: xNadia.
Black. It works with everything and blends well. I'm not sure of the ground conditions in NZ, much less the general area in which you live, but silver gets dull quickly and pink stands out when it gets dirty.
A'course, this is coming from a guy who has mostly worn black, steel-toed boots most of his life.
And black skate/tennis shoes when PT'ing.

RE: Jewelery
Gold is far from flattering on pretty much all females. Bronze/Copper may look good, depending on outfit and sking tone, but nothing beats a silver (or steel, basically, anything silverey in color) chain and likewise medallion, perhaps with a small stone (My personal preferances, in no particular order: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Onyx, Hematite) as far as necklaces go.
I, myself, would wear amulets/necklaces/medallions if I could find any that looked cool and weren't crosses. Pretty much all I wear are my dogtags.
As for rings, nothing ornate. Plain and simple rings look the best, a silver/steel band with a small design, and very, very occasionally a very small, modest, stone that isn't obtrusive in any way.
Gold jewlery should be reserved for wedding and engagement rings.
Large and guady jewelery should be disallowed.

Quincunx
2008-05-12, 06:17 AM
On shoes: Oh gawd not shoes, I get that enough from guild chat.
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u231/Quincunx_GitP/Screenies/leishaa_jimmychoo.jpg
I have three pairs--boot, sandal, and dress--and that's two too many for winter, and one too many for summer.

Jagg, are you allergic to the, er, carrier, or proper term for the base of the perfume which projects the scent?

On birth control: I do know one person who saved massive amounts of not-spent therapists' fees when she stopped taking the pill, but that's balanced against the dozens whom I never knew were taking it. I used to use it, but stopped when I developed a deep vein thrombosis--that's a blood clot. The pill won't make you spontaneously develop one but it does raise the risk. Current birth control arrangements are. . .*cough*ahem* lax. If my periods were at all problematic, I'd consider an IUD, but right now am working on the principle of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

On makeup: *blank stare*

On jewelry: I find it impossible to generalize. For myself, all I wear now is my wedding band, plain gold, and mine looks better on my yellow-undertoned skin than his does on his pink tones. I was a ring fanatic for awhile, gold on the right hand and silver on the left. My second most precious ring is still my birthstone, a bit of Mt. St. Helens volcanic glass set in silver. My earlobes were pierced at age ten and closed up by sixteen.

On fashion: The more criminal outreaches of fashion start with one influential person who views her clothing as art instead of something functional, and a thousand more who want what she's got. We've come a long way forward though, and most fashions of the past. . .century, now :smallsmile: have had comfort in mind. Now if we can just de-popularize punishing shoes, we'll be getting somewhere.

Also: I have a working sewing machine *squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee* so I'll be getting some cheap fabric and the pattern to the dress I'm wearing currently, cutting differently shaped sleeves out of it, and trying to figure out where the pattern ease that I took out of the upper back of the dress ought to be replaced into the sleeves. I can't lift my arms above the shoulders but there is no particular band of tension in the uplifted sleeve; it bunches and wrinkles at the lower point of the armhole, but the tension stretches 5cm to either side of that line. Putting in an adjustment that large would make a dolman sleeve out of this and I prefer the close-fitted look.

Felixaar
2008-05-12, 06:53 AM
But hey, when the male-female war breaks out, I plan to fight on your side anyways.

I can't help but notice this is when, not if.

And yes, I'm also one of male's intruding on the gal's thread. I'm just curious if it's alright to referr to you lovely ladies as 'chicks', in here? I usually do this out of habit, but I'm sorry if it seems sexist.

On make-up: don't. really, don't. guys dont wear make up and we look fine (I do, anyway), and any guy who likes you should like you the way you look normally, not the way you make yourself look. My pseudo-gf doesn't wear make up, and its one of my favourite things about her. Side note, I saw a receptionist today who was a prime example of make up overuse, she looked like a china doll, her face was like pale white with two red blush spots. hideous.

Piercings can be cool, but only in the right spots. Nose, eyebrow, ears, belly button, their about my limit as far as piericings on gal's go. Anything else is just getting a bit much.

*stalks, shoots a pink paintball at Serp* never change your opinions on what other people think, unless its so you can change it to be the opposite :smalltongue: but if you really dont like pink any more, I can fire a different colour at you to clean it up.

Lilly
2008-05-12, 07:41 AM
These are things I've seen from experience and have no real data to back them up. I know the plural of anecdote is not data.

That being said... on the issue of the pill, it's not a 6 hours window, I've heard at most 2 hours. And it's supposed to be 99.9% effective if taken correctly. So 1/1000 women will have their ovaries override the hormones and ovulate anyways. Now the weird thing I've seen with them is the first cycle of a new pill variety (darn insurance companies and formularies!) is the side effects involve being a total bitch to everyone and crying for no apparent reason. And then they come back with the first month being off of it.

On makeup, have y'all tried tinted moisturizer? It comes in oil free, and typically has some sun screen in it for added benefit, and is a whole lot easier to put on than normal foundation.

Serp, if you're still collecting data, 38D

SMEE
2008-05-12, 07:50 AM
Now the weird thing I've seen with them is the first cycle of a new pill variety (darn insurance companies and formularies!) is the side effects involve being a total bitch to everyone and crying for no apparent reason. And then they come back with the first month being off of it.

I agree there... I had similar things when I was using contraceptive pills for HRT. Changing brands or dosage was always awful.
Nowadays I use injected oils instead, and my mood swings have been much easier to handle.

Serpentine
2008-05-12, 07:56 AM
Ugh. Shoes :smallyuk: My cousin's girlfriend has a custom-made spinning closet thing, just for her scores and scores of shoes :smalleek: When I mentioned bafflement over who could possibly want, much less need, that ridiculous amount of footwear, my female cousin and my aunt were dreadfully confused and basically suggested I was a tomboy for not understanding.
I have:
A nice pair of black sandles that cut into my toes. I don't wear them. Should get rid of 'em, really...
Brown leather sandals. Handy for summer.
Ugly man-sandals with velcro, that have mostly been superceded by my brown leather ones.
Skintight faux-snakeskin boots. Too small, don't wear them much.
Long black boots.
Long brown fuzzy boots.
Red sneakers.
Annnnd my latest acquisition, the first nice pair of "fancy" shoes I ever went out and bought myself, 'specially for another cousin's wedding. Surprisingly comfortable. Now I have one nice pair of dress shoes, and I have absolutely no urge to buy any more. Incidentally, they're pink. Annnd... so was the girly handbag I bought to go with them >.> It was all to go with a dress I got, though, which only has a little bit of pink in it! Turns out the bag was the wrong shade of pink :smallsigh:
That's a surprisingly large amount of shoes, really, considering I don't get why people make a collection out of them...

Also on fashion: I mentioned to my mum and sister that I want to get myself a pretty corset. They then made charming snarky comments like "isn't it grand how far feminism's gotten us?" :smallsigh: I'm buying it as a pretty (hopefully flattering) piece of clothing, not a freaking lifestyle :smallannoyed: And isn't it grand, the way women nowadays can choose to wear what they like without being belittled or mocked for it?! :smallmad:

Not really girl-related, but kinda feminine-related: I think it should be fine for guys to wear skirts and dresses and the like. Trouble is, these things are cut and designed for women. Apart from a few exceptions, guys generally look kinda horrific in them. ON THE OTHER HAND: What if they were designed and cut for men? Anyone wanna join a Skirts For Men movement? I think I can do better than that, though... Frills Fer Fellas? Dresses For Blokes?

edit: From the instructions for Levlen ED:

If you are less than 12 hours late in taking any tablet, contraceptive protection is not reduced. You should take the tablet as soon as you remember...
If you are more than 12 hours late in taking any active tablet... take the missed tablet as soon as you remember... Use extra contraceptive precautions... for the next 7 daysLooks like I was mistaken about the "couple of hours" bit.

Quincunx
2008-05-12, 08:01 AM
Take a leaf out of the Harry Potter series and create the Healthy Breeze 'Round Your Privates movement? I know it works for me.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-05-12, 08:16 AM
I'm not a big fan of earrings, or any piercings really. I just don't understand the want to put holes in your body.
I have 3 piercings on each ear, and I'd like one on the eyebrow, but I'm afraid I'm too clumsy to get one.
And about piercings/tats: I've seen piercings that disgust me, and I've seen piercings I liked.
But I understand why people do it.
And about the pain? So what? I mean, come on, the tattoo pain was nothing compared to wax. Really.

I prefer not to paint my face unless it's for an interview.

Same here. Some powder and eye pencil in special occasions. I'm a brunette with pale skin and make-up makes me look horrible. If not used right.

Saddly, that's true.
I had to use the pill for a hormone thing and I thought I didn't have to worry about, you know, anymore.
Then I find out it's not 100% safe either.:smallsigh:
I'm lucky I didn't end up with twins.

About jewelry: I hate everything gold. I prefer simple silver-ish jewels, or, even better, wooden jewels. They rock.

And shoes? some pairs of converse, sneakers, and a pair of leather boots. No heels.
Oh, and sandals for the summer.
In Greece we wear sandals. The ancient-style ones.:smallcool:

Dragonrider
2008-05-12, 09:04 AM
Gahh! The thread quadrupled while I slept! :smalleek:

And Serp: 36C. :smalltongue:

Also: *gasp* Roguey has kids?!

InaVegt
2008-05-12, 09:11 AM
Serp: None, so far :frown:

I'm da Rogue!
2008-05-12, 09:12 AM
Also: *gasp* Roguey has kids?!

O.o Really?

No, silly, I meant I'm lucky I didn't get pregnant.:smalltongue:

Roguey is 22 and doesn't want to have kids yet.
Maybe in 10 years or something.

The Rose Dragon
2008-05-12, 09:16 AM
And here I was, thinking Roguey was gay (I am a firm believer in the No Bisexuals trope :smalltongue:).

Serpentine
2008-05-12, 09:16 AM
A friend of mine is 22 and had her third child a month or two ago.
I'm actually really proud of her. The first two were to a real deadbead tool, simply due to contraceptive failure (as in, if I recall correctly, she failed to use it). This third, though, is with a new boy, and was a concious decision in conjunction with him to set out to conceive. Furthermore, instead of giving up on everything and resigning herself to a lifetime position of "mother", she's still got her sights set on a couple of careers she wants to pursue.

Agamid
2008-05-12, 09:17 AM
Body mod: i don't understand why people wouldn't want piercings and tat :P
I have three of each, and if i earned more money, i'd have a whole lot more than that, i assure you.
And seriously, for women who use pain as the only excuse not to get a tat i have two things to say to you: Period Pain and Childbirth. if you can get over them, then tats are a breeze.

Shoes: I've never been a 'shoe girl', never really bought them myself and live in my 8-hole black docs, but despite this.. i've ended up with 36 pairs... this includes 4 pairs of docs, three pairs of black heeled boots (one pair are my amazing dominatrix boots that i love so much and only paid $60 for), a tiny pair of heeled purple boots, three pairs of medieval shoes (2 are 14thC, one is darkages) and some pixie shoes - just to name some favourites.

Jewelry: Staple are, greatgran's gold sleepers (with a blue ring-pull hanging off one), armband and bracelets all up my arms and three rings on each hand, oh, and the lizard sticking through my belly-button.
I don't generally like gold stuff, but i love silver and semi-precious stones (amber, amethyst and tigerseye are favourites). but i have such a bad neck that i can't wear anything too heavy around my neck else i get really bad pain.

Clothes: *sigh* corsets... lace... velvet... ribbons... flowy bits... corsets... um... corsets?

Pill: never been on it, would probably have a stoke if i ever was (yay for blood thickeners). But yeah, they're yet to make a contraceptive that doesn't involve major surgery that's 100% pregnancy proof.

Bra size: Australian size 10B (or 10C, depending who you ask). My cousin just got off the pill last year and suddenly went from a 10B to a 10E. I feel bad when i stare at her boobs, but they're so incredible.
(i got all her old corsets!)

Pink: ew... i have two pink items of clothing... both T-shirts... the first i was given when i was 9, it has a fairy and glitter on it (looks great worn over a fishnet top), the second i bought overseas, it has a picture of a stupid factory on it with the words 'where boys are made', i don't think i've ever worn it, but i love it.

Sewing: yeah, i'll be making two 14thCentury dresses this week... plus helping make a 14thC male costume. they'll be quick machine stitched ones, but i can happily boast being able to make a proper 8 panel 14thC gown with all visible stitching done by hand in two days or casual sewing.
I am the domestic Goddess!

... and now i sleep... must buy fabric in the morning... then start sewing

The Rose Dragon
2008-05-12, 09:23 AM
Body mod: i don't understand why people wouldn't want piercings and tat :P

Cause they're unattractive, if you ask me. The only reason I'd ever get a tattoo is if I were to be appointed Sorcerer Supreme, therefore needed some really cool markings.

Serpentine
2008-05-12, 09:23 AM
Rogue is gay with me, and maybe Pxp.

Aggy: Damnation :smalleek: Her back must cane...

I'm da Rogue!
2008-05-12, 09:30 AM
And here I was, thinking Roguey was gay (I am a firm believer in the No Bisexuals trope :smalltongue:).

Well, I never had a girlfriend, but I'd like to have one someday. I also like guys, so.. call me what you want.

On pill and breasts: Same here. They're now bigger but they weren't that big anyways, so no problem. I don't like them big.

@Serp: Yep, it's nice to have kids, it's just that I feel I'm too young to have my own. And it's kinda different here. Most of the people have kids at 28-32.

Serpentine
2008-05-12, 09:48 AM
:smalleek: Now I'm too scared to go off the Pill. Can you imagine?! Maybe I shouldn't try that implant thingy...

The Rose Dragon
2008-05-12, 09:50 AM
Wait, what does 10E make in American standards? I don't think there is an E in American measurement system, it skips from DD (Double Dang!) to F (Faaaaake).

Dragonrider
2008-05-12, 09:58 AM
O.o Really?

No, silly, I meant I'm lucky I didn't get pregnant.:smalltongue:

Roguey is 22 and doesn't want to have kids yet.
Maybe in 10 years or something.

That's what I thought! I was like " 'twins'? Huh? wait...does that mean...GAH!":smalleek:

And...my grandmother is...an I. A 30I Naturally. And she's not overweight either. :smalleek: Back problems anyone?!? Makes me feel quite small.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-05-12, 10:20 AM
Wait, what does 10E make in American standards? I don't think there is an E in American measurement system, it skips from DD (Double Dang!) to F (Faaaaake).

This (http://www.85b.org/bra_conv.php) site might help.

I think I am 34-36B.

dish
2008-05-12, 10:27 AM
Girls, girls, girls (and guys)

About contraception. While the most sure-fire method is to double up the pill and the condom (since neither is 100% effective) the most important part of that equation is the condom.

Think about it. The pill can prevent unwanted pregnancies. The condom can prevent unwanted pregnancies and unwanted STDs.

And some of those STDs can be nasty. I'm not just talking about HIV - which we should all be aware of. We should all know how HIV spreads, how to minimise the risk, and the reasons why more and more women worldwide are being diagnosed with it (http://www.niaid.nih.gov/factsheets/womenhiv.htm).

I'm also talking about STDs like chlamydia (http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/womenshealth/facts/chlamydia.htm) - the most common preventable cause of infertility in women. I have friends who hit their 30s, tried to conceive and discovered they were infertile because they'd forgotten to use condoms back when they were in university.

Girls, please don't end up like that. Please make condoms your normal, standard form of contraception. Even if you're with your long-term boyfriend. If you're both used to using condoms it means that in any unusual or irregular situations you're more likely to continue using condoms - and that will increase your sexual safety.

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-12, 10:29 AM
I think I went up a size over the course of freshman year. :(
*checks* When did I become a 32DDD?!

I'm da Rogue!
2008-05-12, 10:37 AM
@dish:

You're right.
But if you're in a relationship for years, you both do the tests and are careful about your sexual hygiene, there is no way you can get a STD.

On the other hand, I'd rather not risk it.

Serpentine
2008-05-12, 10:40 AM
Well, the bf and I were each other's first, he's too lazy and self-righteous to cheat, I know where my bits have been, and I got tested not long ago when I needed a test for something else. I think we should be fine in that regard, but thanks for your concern :smallwink:

I'm da Rogue!
2008-05-12, 10:45 AM
.. he's too lazy and self-righteous to cheat, I know where my bits have been...

SHE DIDN'T SAY SHE DIDN'T CHEAT EITHER!
Gotcha, Serpy!:smalltongue:

Cobra_Ikari
2008-05-12, 11:08 AM
Ugh. Shoes :smallyuk: My cousin's girlfriend has a custom-made spinning closet thing, just for her scores and scores of shoes :smalleek: When I mentioned bafflement over who could possibly want, much less need, that ridiculous amount of footwear, my female cousin and my aunt were dreadfully confused and basically suggested I was a tomboy for not understanding.
I have:
A nice pair of black sandles that cut into my toes. I don't wear them. Should get rid of 'em, really...
Brown leather sandals. Handy for summer.
Ugly man-sandals with velcro, that have mostly been superceded by my brown leather ones.
Skintight faux-snakeskin boots. Too small, don't wear them much.
Long black boots.
Long brown fuzzy boots.
Red sneakers.
Annnnd my latest acquisition, the first nice pair of "fancy" shoes I ever went out and bought myself, 'specially for another cousin's wedding. Surprisingly comfortable. Now I have one nice pair of dress shoes, and I have absolutely no urge to buy any more. Incidentally, they're pink. Annnd... so was the girly handbag I bought to go with them >.> It was all to go with a dress I got, though, which only has a little bit of pink in it! Turns out the bag was the wrong shade of pink :smallsigh:
That's a surprisingly large amount of shoes, really, considering I don't get why people make a collection out of them...

Also on fashion: I mentioned to my mum and sister that I want to get myself a pretty corset. They then made charming snarky comments like "isn't it grand how far feminism's gotten us?" :smallsigh: I'm buying it as a pretty (hopefully flattering) piece of clothing, not a freaking lifestyle :smallannoyed: And isn't it grand, the way women nowadays can choose to wear what they like without being belittled or mocked for it?! :smallmad:

Not really girl-related, but kinda feminine-related: I think it should be fine for guys to wear skirts and dresses and the like. Trouble is, these things are cut and designed for women. Apart from a few exceptions, guys generally look kinda horrific in them. ON THE OTHER HAND: What if they were designed and cut for men? Anyone wanna join a Skirts For Men movement? I think I can do better than that, though... Frills Fer Fellas? Dresses For Blokes?

...what's wrong with the traditional kilt offering?

...also, is it weird that I find barefoot far more attractive than any kind of shoe? Barring boots. >.>

dish
2008-05-12, 11:17 AM
@ Rogue & Serp,

I'm so glad I used condoms in a very long-term relationship (ten years), because after it ended I discovered that he actually hadn't been quite as sexually faithful as I had imagined.

Honestly, it's very good to train both yourself and your partner to use condoms because, well, sometimes unexpected things happen.

DeathQuaker
2008-05-12, 11:21 AM
About contraception. While the most sure-fire method is to double up the pill and the condom (since neither is 100% effective) the most important part of that equation is the condom.

Well said. Always a good thing to repeat--STDs are as rampant as ever, and can best prevented by your friend the condom.

And as the School nurse says, there's always abstinence, the only 100% protection. Though of course that's no fun. :smalltongue:

I do know people who have gotten pregnant despite use of birth control + condom w/ spermicide. And STDs can spread through torn condoms. Best thing is to be careful and choose your partners wisely; be honest with them about your activity and make sure they are with you.

That said, taking birth control isn't *just* about preventing pregnancy. It works well for some women to regulate periods, balance moods, and prevent difficult to manage cramps. I am not sexually active at the mo, but I've been taking the pill to prevent the formation of certain kinds of ovarian cysts. (Actually I'm not on it *right* now, because I had to have surgery to remove a different kind of cyst--formed before I started the pill--and the risk of blood clots makes it a bad thing to be taking post surgery.)

Anyway, what I'm getting at, it's good to discuss the benefits and woes of the pill, both as a contraceptive and beyond.

As for "proper" birth control pill usage: this is a question you should be asking your DOCTOR who prescribes you the pill, not the Internet. Your body and the particular pill you are prescribed work in ways that other bodies and other pills do not.

Reading the instructions and side effects on the box is a good idea too. "Use as directed" is not meant to be a mild suggestion.

Oh, and Serp: 40DD. With a big fat belly to match. :smallbiggrin:

Solo
2008-05-12, 11:24 AM
:smalleek: Now I'm too scared to go off the Pill. Can you imagine?! Maybe I shouldn't try that implant thingy...

Talk it over iwth your doctor. He's likely to be more of an authority than an internet message board.

The Rose Dragon
2008-05-12, 11:29 AM
And as the School nurse says, there's always abstinence, the only 100% protection. Though of course that's no fun. :smalltongue:

Hey, I've been using that method for five years and I've never had any complaints.

Solo
2008-05-12, 11:33 AM
Hey, I've been using that method for five years and I've never had any complaints.

Good job, keep up the good work.

ps. I'm glad I'm not you.

Pyrian
2008-05-12, 11:39 AM
Anyone wanna join a Skirts For Men movement?They're called "kilts" and are quite popular among the Celtic music crowd. :smallcool:

DeathQuaker
2008-05-12, 11:42 AM

I love how I try to post something thoughtful, so the responses I get are to the one cheeky comment I made.

Actually, I'm right there with ya. :smallsmile:

Cobra_Ikari
2008-05-12, 11:46 AM
*offers to change this with a flirtacious wink*

dish
2008-05-12, 11:52 AM
I do know people who have gotten pregnant despite use of birth control + condom w/ spermicide. And STDs can spread through torn condoms. Best thing is to be careful and choose your partners wisely; be honest with them about your activity and make sure they are with you.

Torn condoms, and other condom failures can be drastically reduced if both you and your partner know how to use condoms. Read the packet. Practise. (Use a rolling pin / carrot / banana / any suitably shaped object.) Make sure you know what to do.

It would be wonderful if we all chose our sexual partners wisely. But in reality people frequently make foolish choices. Do your best to chose wisely, but make sure you've got a condom handy just in case.

That said, taking birth control isn't *just* about preventing pregnancy. It works well for some women to regulate periods, balance moods, and prevent difficult to manage cramps.

Very true, I've also been prescribed it in the past.

Anyway, what I'm getting at, it's good to discuss the benefits and woes of the pill, both as a contraceptive and beyond.

As for "proper" birth control pill usage: this is a question you should be asking your DOCTOR who prescribes you the pill, not the Internet.

Also true, there are several different versions of the pill which doctors will prescribe in different situations.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-12, 11:54 AM
I have the shiny black wet-looking ballet flats. I like them, because they're both casual and formal, and ohhhh-so comfortable, though, since i have so much arch in my feet, its hard to keep them on.
Also, as I was discussing my one pair of heels in the You Thread, what do you people think on heels?
I much prefer my wedges, but these heels were oh so cute...and they hurt like hell :smallannoyed:

dish
2008-05-12, 12:01 PM
If you're wanting to walk anywhere, or wear the heels for an extended period of time - get the wedges. (Or at the least big clunky heels.) Stilettos are best kept for minimal use. An hour or two at a time, and no walking further than the nearest taxi.

SMEE
2008-05-12, 12:25 PM
If you're wanting to walk anywhere, or wear the heels for an extended period of time - get the wedges. (Or at the least big clunky heels.) Stilettos are best kept for minimal use. An hour or two at a time, and no walking further than the nearest taxi.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Stilettos should not be used to long walks...
My feet hurt a lot after the long walk to the movies in a 8 cm tall heels... >.<

Cobra_Ikari
2008-05-12, 12:27 PM
I have the shiny black wet-looking ballet flats. I like them, because they're both casual and formal, and ohhhh-so comfortable, though, since i have so much arch in my feet, its hard to keep them on.
Also, as I was discussing my one pair of heels in the You Thread, what do you people think on heels?
I much prefer my wedges, but these heels were oh so cute...and they hurt like hell :smallannoyed:

Hmm. They may be cute, but I think Happy-not-in-pain-Rabbit is far cuter than Rabbit-in-painful-shoes, no matter how cute they are. *nods*

CurlyKitGirl
2008-05-12, 01:20 PM
oO Girly stuff.

Makeup: I use precisely none. Unless chapstick counts. I think the last time I used makeup was for my Leavers Ball.

Jewellry: I always wear my watch. I own one ring for special occasions - sterling silver in a sort of Celtic rose shape.
Necklaces: one. Faerie.
Bracelets: I own two. One is made of tiger's eye. The other is absolutely gorgeous and is purples and dark pinks. It has loads of charms and jewels and my aunt picked it up somewhere foreign and gave it me.
Earrings now . . . at last count around twenty to thirty pairs.
I have three piercings per ear. All on the lobe. I don't exaggerate when I say that I have as many earrings as I want to mix and match with. For now.
Currently I wear (in my right ear) my only pair of hoops. Nice, small ones - 9ct gold. One below th'other. In my bottom hole I have nothing currently.
In my left: top hole is is red jewel with a red rose attached to it. Below that is a white crystal stud. Below that, one long dangly earring. Red feathers.

Shoes: I own three pair. One trainers. One fancy sandals -fawn. One pair of black heels for fancy.
Most often I'm barefoot or trainers.

Size wise: awkwardness. One is (UK)38C. The other is (UK)34B. Max.

Castaras
2008-05-12, 01:21 PM
Hmm...well, last time I checked I was a gurl.

*pokes head in* *checks posts*

34A...Hate makeup, I'm allergic to all of it...clothes I only really care that it looks respectable. Like jeans and t-shirt is enough, most of the time. =)

Only really girly stuff I have is jewelery, which I just like looking at and owning. <.< I don't wear it. Just like pretty things.

I do seem to have a strange obsession with pretty things...

Edit: Shoes? I have trainers, and school shoes. That's it, and all I need.

Kaelaroth
2008-05-12, 01:24 PM
As the most feminine person here, I feel I have a right to poke my head in, and say hello. *waves*

Most make-ups hurt my quite senstitive skin, or just cause me to have massive blotches when I take it off. Jewellery wise, I like wearing the occasional accessory, but nothing too flashy or special, mainly because I don't have anything that I really like. I'm too scared to get my ears pierced. :smalltongue:

DeathQuaker
2008-05-12, 01:28 PM

I can't wear heels, save maybe a very low and wide one. My feet and dress shoes don't get along--I need a wide toe, a narrow heel, and arch support and it's a rare thing to find a "girly shoe" that supplies that.

But... shoe fit is the thing. Theoretically, if you find a shoe--heel or no--that suits the shape of your foot properly, it shouldn't hurt your feet. It's harder with very high heels because they shift your center of balance, but it's possible to do, in theory.

Ranna
2008-05-12, 02:07 PM
Oh dear, here it goes...

Was a tomboy, went to uni, now I'm an utter tart.

Heels are a must for a night out (I'm only ft 2" so people don't notice I exist without them) blisters crippling ankle pain and otherwise painful shoe experiences do not matter my feet are a fabulous mosaic of partially healed skin and cuts.

make up!!!! - I wear it every single day

Why? Why would some body want to do that vain cow? Well it has sunscreen in it and I do not like wrinkles, no, no, no and sun cream is far too oily, would you believe I find suncream heavier on my skin than my light foundation power stuff...

As for eye makeup, I am a little lazy on that score because I wear sunglasses for 90% of the sumer time and as in Sheffield at the moment it absolutely gorge my sunnies are on permanently. Lipstick, I've left my favorite lipstick at my other house and so I'm sulking at the moment because all i have left is lip gloss and it is just far far far too sticky at the moment and if you eat an ice cream with lip gloss on it just doesn't taste nice at all.

favorite makeup brand, Clinique, I am desperately trying to save up to buy some benefit make up that stuff is actually the best Ive ever had the privilege to trowel onto my face but I keep spending my hard saved money on chocolate :(

Oooh and the pill I love the pill its the best thing ever! Before I was on it in order to keep myself free from any mishaps whilst on holiday I had to take these awful little tablets THREE times a day! Now with my beloved Pill I can manipulate my body however I feel fit, its wonderful, I've been on it for so long now I'm allowed to get A WHOLE YEARS worth in one doctors visit woo wee. Though I still cry at anything for around 3 days a month, I mean anything, I once got upset cos the trees were loosing their leaves and how sad I would be if i was a tree.. Ya, weird!

Jewelry.. now this is my un-girly part, pretty dresses, shoes, makeup and otherwise girly gibberish is my forte but jewelry is not! Rings I loose, necklaces I am rather allergic to, (yes even posh gold ones) I got sensitive neck, and bracelets I break so I don't do jewelry.

and size? Erm, well I just take loads in and decide how slutty I'm feeling can be 34C, 34B 32D 36A depends how much cleavage opposed to comfort I want or if the bra is really pretty and they don't really have my size, its not stopped me before. Mostly I'm 34C. Though I do hate having a dress that has a funny back or straps I find strapless bras really annoying I can't have fun cos I'm worrying about it all night.

Curly; I'm confused, isn't the number bit the size of your body underneath your breasts? How can that be different, have I got that wrong, like i don't really pay any attention to bra sizes or the rules of wearing the correct size (as probably gathered from above) so I'm open for education.

One thing that does irritate the crap outta me is those stupid useless string triangle bikinis that do absolutely nothing for anyone size B and up wards.

Piercings, Ive had my ears and my belly done but I took them out cos they get in the way I decided I don't much like metal in me so I opted for 2 tattoos instead, on the small of my back (An Amy brown style fairy if anyone knows what that style is or cares,) and a little Dove on my ankle. Both places that when I'm old and wrinkly I shall not be able to see.

Phew that was probably my most longest post ever, I do get excited about being all girly, especially when the opportunity arises when I'm not expecting it!!!

Terraoblivion
2008-05-12, 02:20 PM
One reason to not get piercings and tattoos is the one i follow. Because of freakishly sensitive skin making healing a hell and causing a very real risk of long term rash around the piercing or the tattoo. I haven't tried for myself, but i have seen the result of every single one of my sister's attempts at getting piercings anywhere but the earlobes and it isn't pretty nor is it comfortable for her, and my skin is more sensitive than hers. So even though i kinda do want some piercings i don't dare for fear of my skin breaking out again.

CurlyKitGirl
2008-05-12, 02:56 PM
Curly; I'm confused, isn't the number bit the size of your body underneath your breasts? How can that be different, have I got that wrong, like i don't really pay any attention to bra sizes or the rules of wearing the correct size (as probably gathered from above) so I'm open for education.

As in; one is larger than the other. Vastly.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-05-12, 04:14 PM
As in; one is larger than the other. Vastly.

They never are the same size. Stupid of them, if you ask me.

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-05-12, 05:19 PM
Smelly stuff: You have to be careful with the scent you choose to wear. So many gals seem to shoot for what smells nice, end of story. :smallfrown: Why don't people go subtle products that bring out the best in your personal scent? Lovely, you smell like a tropical garden peed on you. Woo. If you don't mind, I'm going to spend the rest of the day washing your overpowering scent out of my nose by nuzzling the neck of the sane person over here. :smallannoyed:

Shoes: I can only recall ever buying shoes for myself thrice in my life. The first are the half a decade old pair of sandals I still cling to like a pair of shrunken security blankets. The other two are boots I needed for work. Yet, I must have a dozen pairs of the bloody things. People seem to think that I am naked, or something, unless my closet contains enough shoes for me to make a cloak of them. Like most guys, I like to see exposed feet (so long as they are not grotesque). Sandals are fabulous.

Also, I LOVE these:
http://www.pyramidcollection.com/prodimages/P19502B.jpg

Manskirts: Yes, yes, and more yes. Manskirt or kilt, it doesn't matter. So very comfy.

Thes Hunter
2008-05-12, 05:38 PM
Yeah, I have a hard time wearing heels because my feet are so bad. And I am weak and can't take the pain. So I end up wearing less than fashionable shoes then I would like.

And I didn't think I had a lot of shoes until I counted... at a minimum I still have like 14 pairs of shoes. I have to have at least a black and a brown pair of: flip flops, fashion boots, winter boots, trainers, street shoes, comfortable dress shoes and heels. To me I consider that a lot of shoes, but I have tried to trim down and I can't!

As for other sizes, I'm a 36GG (UK) which translates into 36J (US). <.< >.>

But Trog says he likes me for my brains!

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-12, 05:42 PM
I have...eight pairs of shoes?
Its all I need.
Two trainers/sneaker, flip-flops, black wedges, brown wedges, my heels, two pairs of boots...and another pair of kitten-heels.
So, nine, really.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-05-12, 05:45 PM
I have 2 pairs of converse, 1 pair of leather boots, 1 pair of converse boots, flip-flops, sandals and sneakers.

7 pairs.

And my dr Martens, but haven't used those since I was 17.

Trog
2008-05-12, 05:47 PM
As for other sizes, I'm a 36GG (UK) which translates into 36J (US). <.< >.>

But Trog says he likes me for my brains!

Mmmm... brains. :smallamused:

:wink:

I'm da Rogue!
2008-05-12, 05:49 PM
Trog is an undead?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-12, 05:51 PM
I have 2 pairs of converse, 1 pair of leather boots, 1 pair of converse boots, flip-flops, sandals and sneakers.

7 pairs.

Crap, I forgot my purple converse.
Ten pairs. I have ten pairs of shoes.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-05-12, 05:54 PM
And I feel they're enough.

I never understood why women get obssessed with shoes.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-05-12, 05:56 PM
Crap, I forgot my purple converse.
Ten pairs. I have ten pairs of shoes.

Ten is reasonable. You could fit ten on a closet floor...

*takes off your shoes and tickles your toes*...I count eleven. :smallwink:

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-12, 06:02 PM
Ten is reasonable. You could fit ten on a closet floor...

*takes off your shoes and tickles your toes*...I count eleven. :smallwink:

Mmm, but I love shoes. Its horrible, I don't know why, but I have a shoe fetish. If I had more money, I would buy more.

And I'm not ticklish at all :smallwink:. Except for the roof of my mouth, but I hear everyone is ticklish there.
Any girls got weird ticklish spots?

SMEE
2008-05-12, 06:06 PM
I am all ticklish... :smallsigh:

And I only have 2 boots and a pair of shoes. All others are masculine shoes... :smallsigh:
But I'm working on fixing this very troublesome situation... as soon as I can find fitting shoes... :smallannoyed:

Cobra_Ikari
2008-05-12, 06:08 PM
Mmm, but I love shoes. Its horrible, I don't know why, but I have a shoe fetish. If I had more money, I would buy more.

And I'm not ticklish at all :smallwink:. Except for the roof of my mouth, but I hear everyone is ticklish there.
Any girls got weird ticklish spots?

...you should not tell me such things. It's like an invitation to give you a mind-blowing kiss. >.<

*tries to maintain self-control*

Jack Squat
2008-05-12, 06:21 PM
on the mention of kilts...I don't want to hear girls ever complain about the price of skirts...ever.

A kilt goes for about $470, although I've seen some go for as little as $260 (loads cheaper if you get the crap-tastic vinyl ones). Keep in mind that I can buy a tux for $150.

Utilikilts can of course be had cheaper, with the lower end being $140, but I personally don't see these as much more than a gimmick.

A quick google search gives me the idea that a skirt is in the $40-60 range...so yeah.

We now return to your previously scheduled topic.

Dragonrider
2008-05-12, 06:40 PM

7 pairs.

I tend to keep shoes around that are worn out, but as far as shoes that I can actually wear:

1 pair tennis shoes
1 pair sandals
1 pair flip-flops
2 pair dress shoes (one blue, one black)
1 pair mocs (technically worn out as well but I love them anyway)

that's six.

Then I have my worn-out flip-flops from China that I kept because they're supposed to say 'puma' but they're misprinted to say 'pamu'. I have a pair of tennis shoes with the soles worn through. I also have a pair of white strappy sandals that are two sizes too big that I bought for a wedding because I needed shoes RIGHT THEN. :smalltongue:

But...I...WANT...CONVERSE! *salivates*

Em Blackleaf
2008-05-12, 07:13 PM
I have ten pairs of shoes.
Six pairs of flats, one pair of strappy sandals, one pair of slightly raised heel flip flops, one pair of regular flat flip-flops, one pair of black and white canvas sneakers that aren't Converse low tops but they're trying to look like them. I got those because they're way cheaper than All Stars.

I hardly ever get to go buy shoes. The only reason I have so many flats is because there was a five dollar shoe sale at Pac Sun and my mom went crazy and let me buy a whole bunch of pairs.

I want converse too. I might be able to get some this summer, during school shopping.

Dragonrider
2008-05-12, 07:23 PM
I want converse too. I might be able to get some this summer, during school shopping.

:smalltongue: I don't have any because there's no good shoe store where I live and my mom is not going to drive me an hour to buy converse when she doesn't even like them. :smallamused:

But my dad had a pair of pink ones in high school. I have seen pictoral evidence. :smallbiggrin:

Zarrexaij
2008-05-12, 07:58 PM
I hope this isn't inappropriate.

I'd just like to voice concern since people here know what they're talking about.

I'm a 32B, and have been for at least five years now. I'm 18, so that's to say I haven't really, uh, grown out. To put it bluntly, while the rest of me is quite mature... my chest isn't. It's a little bit humiliating because I thought by now that area would mature, but it hasn't. I think my window for growth is slowly shrinking, and I'm just hoping perhaps that area still has a chance.

Is it even normal for breasts to take that long to start growing again? I started puberty a little early so I'm getting very worried I'll be stuck with 12/13 year old boobicles forever.

I apologize if that was inappropriate. It's just an area I'm particularly sensitive about.

It's probably also useful to mention I'm hypoglycemic.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-05-12, 08:03 PM
I hope this isn't inappropriate.

I'd just like to voice concern since people here know what they're talking about.

I'm a 32B, and have been for at least five years now. I'm 18, so that's to say I haven't really, uh, grown out. To put it bluntly, while the rest of me is quite mature... my chest isn't. It's a little bit humiliating because I thought by now that area would mature, but it hasn't. I think my window for growth is slowly shrinking, and I'm just hoping perhaps that area still has a chance.

Is it even normal for breasts to take that long to start growing again? I started puberty a little early so I'm getting very worried I'll be stuck with 12/13 year old boobicles forever.

I apologize if that was inappropriate. It's just an area I'm particularly sensitive about.

It's probably also useful to mention I'm hypoglycemic.

...I think that's a perfectly fine size. If you want some random male opinion, that is. >.>

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-12, 08:03 PM
Zarre- I'm almost nineteen, and my chest is a 36-38 B (depending on the bra company). Its been this size since I was thirteen, though it appeared over night.
I am also hypoglycemic...I wonder if this is a factor?
Anyways, I don't think B is underdeveloped at all. Infact, I am perfectly content with my chest size; I wouldn't want it any bigger, and it fills out my shirt perfectly well.
Maybe you're just looking at it from a wrong perspective?

Zarrexaij
2008-05-12, 08:05 PM
I'm not saying the B is an underdeveloped size. My breasts are, however. I know this for a fact because of their shape, which I would rather not get into in public.

I'm not filled out at all.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-12, 08:06 PM
If you want to discuss it, you can always PM me =D

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-05-12, 08:09 PM
Zarr: This of it this way, you can be the envy of big bosomed gals by being able to pull off the goth lolita fashion without the pain of severe wrapping. I know a couple gals who'd kill for that. The grass is always greener I suppose. :smallamused:

Cobra_Ikari
2008-05-12, 08:09 PM
I suppose you could PM me about such a thing, too. *feels a little awkward volunteering that, but stands by it*

...I'd have no problem with the PM, I just feel awkward announcing that. >.<

Zarrexaij
2008-05-12, 08:13 PM
Zarr: This of it this way, you can be the envy of big bosomed gals by being able to pull off the goth lolita fashion without the pain of severe wrapping. I know a couple gals who'd kill for that. The grass is always greener I suppose. :smallamused:Heh, well, I'm told I am fairly cute.... :smalltongue:

I'd be fine if they were filled out. I'm not saying a 32B is small, I'm just saying mine are funny like.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-05-12, 08:15 PM
Heh, well, I'm told I am fairly cute.... :smalltongue:

I'd be fine if they were filled out. I'm not saying a 32B is small, I'm just saying mine are funny like.

Well, I can't see the one picture I've seen of you at the moment, but if memory serves, you do not look underdeveloped or funny at all. *hugs*

Solo
2008-05-12, 08:17 PM

I demand photographic evidence.

For science, of course.

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-05-12, 08:18 PM

So... instead of jumping at a problem nobody else is seeing, why not take advantage of what you (and others) DO know you have going for you? :smalltongue:

Solo
2008-05-12, 08:21 PM
So... instead of jumping at a problem nobody else is seeing, why not take advantage of what you (and others) DO know you have going for you? :smalltongue:

Put me down for "photographic evidence" of that too. :smalltongue:

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-05-12, 08:23 PM
Leches, the lot of you. :smallamused:

Not that it is a bad thing mind you, sounds like the lady could use a good oggling to help save her from her self-image. :smalltongue: Then again, who doesn't from time to time?

Cobra_Ikari
2008-05-12, 08:26 PM
Leches, the lot of you. :smallamused:

Not that it is a bad thing mind you, sounds like the lady could use a good oggling to help save her from her self-image. :smalltongue: Then again, who doesn't from time to time?

For the record, I was being non-lech entirely in that.

...if I wanted to be lech, I'd make up some crap about "clothing obscuring true size and shape"... >.>

...but Zarr's a friend, and I'm not a ****. I think? I hope. :smalleek:

Zarrexaij
2008-05-12, 08:26 PM
So... instead of jumping at a problem nobody else is seeing, why not take advantage of what you (and others) DO know you have going for you? :smalltongue:Can I go in drag then?

Yes, I just asked that question.

A Clockwork Orange drag sounds fun, I'd easily fit for the droog that never talks (considering the guy was fairly efeminite and stuff).

For reasons I can't comprehend I'm occasionally mistaken for a guy.

Although, I do have a lolita-like dress that people tell me makes me look like a maid. Heh.

Be glad I'm not rickrolling you :P (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/Draconican/38603e76.jpg)

Cobra_Ikari
2008-05-12, 08:27 PM
Can I go in drag then?

A Clockwork Orange drag sounds fun, I'd easily fit for the droog that never talks (considering the guy was fairly efeminite and stuff).

Although, I do have a lolita-like dress that people tell me makes me look like a maid. Heh.

Be glad I'm not rickrolling you :P (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/Draconican/38603e76.jpg)

Have I mentioned that you need to take more pictures of you? >.>

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-12, 08:30 PM
Can I go in drag then?

ZOMG, you're so cute!
Also, drag is fun. I cross dress occasionally :smallwink:

Zarrexaij
2008-05-12, 08:31 PM
I has no camera.

Anyways... going back onto subject.

I have actually been looking into getting some foundation (I have plenty of powder) and would like suggestions on brands and stuff that have a natural look. Also, as you can tell I'm fairly pale and it is difficult to find makeup that matches my natural skin color well.

Mostly I just want to cover the redness I get around my nose area. My skin is pretty smooth and such so I don't really need it that much.

I prefer light coverage. I hate applying stuff thicky, and I would like to mention again my skin is sensitive (it tends to dry out and break out). Price is no object if I get a job.

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-05-12, 08:38 PM
:smallconfused:*sigh* Just what are you worried about? That pic hints at what looks to be akin to a gymnist's figure. Do you have any idea how many people would literally murder for that? The only thing I see that's off, and it could be the lighting of the pic, is that you either could have used more sleep or more iron in your diet.

Oh the horror. :smallamused:

Zarrexaij
2008-05-12, 08:42 PM
:smallconfused:*sigh* Just what are you worried about? That pic hints at what looks to be akin to a gymnist's figure. Do you have any idea how many people would literally murder for that? The only thing I see that's off, and it could be the lighting of the pic, is that you either could have used more sleep or more iron in your diet.

Oh the horror. :smallamused:Pfft, bacon sandwich man! I disbelieve!

Nah, you have no idea how a) oblivious I am and b) how much I dislike my body.

It's probably both. I'm an insomniac and I have a blood-clotting disorder. I've been deathly anemic before, and has given me transparent skin since.

Thes Hunter
2008-05-12, 08:44 PM
I know this for a fact because of their shape, which I would rather not get into in public.

I'm not filled out at all.

Zarr, I recommend going and seeing your doctor. There are some underlaying hormone issues that could be causing this, and it's better to have them straightened out earlier rather than later.

FoE
2008-05-12, 08:53 PM
Perhaps it would be easier for you girls to discuss cup size if you had some visual aides. If you want to post some pictures, feel free to do so. I won't object. :smalltongue:

((This is why a "girls-only thread" is doomed to failure.))

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-05-12, 08:58 PM
Pfft, bacon sandwich man! I disbelieve!

Nah, you have no idea how a) oblivious I am and b) how much I dislike my body.

It's probably both. I'm an insomniac and I have a blood-clotting disorder. I've been deathly anemic before, and has given me transparent skin since.

1. A bacon sammich DOES tend to make things better. Well... so long as the problem isn't obesity anyway.

2. Maybe, but I can guess, and you've already made THAT quite clear. So, I have naught to say other than: a. How do you define oblivious? b. Tough. We think you look great, and with this particular topic, the popular opinion is what counts. You're just going to have to live with being viewed as attractive. *shrug*

3. Ah, insomnia AND anemia. That would explain the dark circles. Reminds me of my cousin Serah. Poor gal has the same issues, though she's managed to mostly be rid of the insomnia part of it the past few months. What is the cause of said anemia, if you don't mind me asking that is.

EvilElitest
2008-05-12, 09:06 PM
Perhaps it would be easier for you girls to discuss cup size if you had some visual aides. If you want to post some pictures, feel free to do so. I won't object. :smalltongue:

((This is why a "girls-only thread" is doomed to failure.))

For science

Anyways, actually, i have no idea what size you people mention equals. Is A big or small, or square or orange or what......Unlike this face of evil, i'm generally too self centered to care so i'm not being lecherous. More to the point, i will note i find it ironic that breast play such a predominate role in this thread.

on topic, how can you girls wear those painful shoes? Really, they look like hell. The miltary doesn't suffer as much when walking
from
EE

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-12, 09:12 PM
For science

Anyways, actually, i have no idea what size you people mention equals. Is A big or small, or square or orange or what......Unlike this face of evil, i'm generally too self centered to care so i'm not being lecherous. More to the point, i will note i find it ironic that breast play such a predominate role in this thread.

on topic, how can you girls wear those painful shoes? Really, they look like hell. The miltary doesn't suffer as much when walking
from
EE

LIES!
Having been in the military, I can tell you, I'd much rather wear my painful heels than have to go on a ruck march, taped ankles or not.

Zarrexaij
2008-05-12, 09:31 PM
3. Ah, insomnia AND anemia. That would explain the dark circles. Reminds me of my cousin Serah. Poor gal has the same issues, though she's managed to mostly be rid of the insomnia part of it the past few months. What is the cause of said anemia, if you don't mind me asking that is.It was when I was 12 or so but I got anemic due to said blood-clotting disorder.

And I wear combat boots. Surprisingly I can walk in heels though. I just prefer.... not to.

How do you define oblivious?I think I'm nothing special, don't notice guys looking at me, etc. etc. etc.

EvilElitest
2008-05-12, 09:36 PM
LIES!
Having been in the military, I can tell you, I'd much rather wear my painful heels than have to go on a ruck march, taped ankles or not.

I don't know, you get hte books
from
EE

EvilElitest
2008-05-12, 09:38 PM
I think I'm nothing special, don't notice guys looking at me, etc. etc. etc.

Your picture is very cute. And coming from a self centered person like my self, that means something
from
EE

Talya
2008-05-12, 09:48 PM

First of all, B-cups are not small. (And 32 is your rib-cage size.)

I found C-cup bras were a little too big for me, and B-cup bras tended to be a bit too small, until I had children. When nursing, I was solidly in the D-cup range, and now am comfortably C. You want them bigger without surgery? Become a dairy producer. Surgery's cheaper than kids though, so it's not a good reason to have children on its own. ;)

Jack Squat
2008-05-12, 09:50 PM
For science

Here's a link explaining measuring (http://www.herroom.com/bra-fitting-advice,901,30.html)...I could try explaining it, but it'd probably end up being somewhat wrong, as that's not really my area of expertise (heck, I don't even know what my g/f's size is; don't really care about it enough to find out either).

I know the letters go from AA (smallest) to J, probably more, but I don't really look forward to seeing anyone requiring that.

Dragonrider
2008-05-12, 09:56 PM
Here's a link explaining measuring (http://www.herroom.com/bra-fitting-advice,901,30.html)...I could try explaining it, but it'd probably end up being somewhat wrong, as that's not really my area of expertise (heck, I don't even know what my g/f's size is; don't really care about it enough to find out either).

I know the letters go from AA (smallest) to J, probably more, but I don't really look forward to seeing anyone requiring that.

My mom is 38AA. :smallamused:

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-05-12, 09:58 PM
It was when I was 12 or so but I got anemic due to said blood-clotting disorder.

And I wear combat boots. Surprisingly I can walk in heels though. I just prefer.... not to.

1. Ah. Sarah has sickle cell anemia. Slightly different kettle of fish. At least she's immune to HIV though. Go her. :smallconfused:

2. Combat boots are comfy, and do great when treading though water. Highheels, on the other hand, are like having your feet waterboarded all day long. :smallannoyed:

3. So... you think poorly of yourself because you don't notice that you are being checked out? :smallconfused: Wow. Just wow. Here I was, thinking it was something serious. :smallredface: Until you can provide something concrete to base your self-doubt on, you're just gonna have to zip it. I'm sorry, but it's for the good of the thread (we don't want this to turn into a heated debate) you're just going to have to accept the title of attractive... -if only for the sake of the thread. :smallamused:

EvilElitest
2008-05-12, 09:59 PM
3. So... you think poorly of yourself because you don't notice that you are being checked out? Wow. Just wow. Here I was, thinking it was something serious. Until you can provide something concrete to base your self-doubt on, you're just gonna have to zip it. I'm sorry, but it's for the good of the thread (we don't want this to turn into a heated debate) you're just going to have to accept the title of attractive... -if only for the sake of the thread.
As i said, i find her cute, and i'm a self centered arrogent bastard by nature
from
EE

Jack Squat
2008-05-12, 10:05 PM
My mom is 38AA. :smallamused:

huh? I was referring to not really looking forward to seeing anyone requiring larger than J. I mean, I'm sure the people probalby wouldn't look bad, but IMO, anything above a D can be distracting...especially when said person has a low cut top and no bra...and bends over.

EvilElitest
2008-05-12, 10:06 PM
huh? I was referring to not really looking forward to seeing anyone requiring larger than J. I mean, I'm sure the people probalby wouldn't look bad, but IMO, anything above a D can be distracting...especially when said person has a low cut top and no bra...and bends over.

Ok, keep your imagination in check now
from
EE

Arian
2008-05-12, 10:13 PM
Zarr, I recommend going and seeing your doctor. There are some underlaying hormone issues that could be causing this, and it's better to have them straightened out earlier rather than later.

Yep, I'm with Thes Hunter on this - I was thinking exactly the same thing. If you're worried about it, that suggests you'd be better off for some professional advice.

One of two things will happen: either the doctor will say, "No, there's no problem, lots of women have breasts like these," or he/she will say, "Yes, there is a hormonal issue, let's see what we can do about that."

Either way, you'll be better off than you are now.

(*waves* to the transgirls in the thread. I was born female myself, but my younger brother is a transguy.)

Jack Squat
2008-05-12, 10:15 PM
Ok, keep your imagination in check now
from
EE

Unfortunately that wasn't my imagination. The things you see working at a grocery store.

EvilElitest
2008-05-12, 10:20 PM
Unfortunately that wasn't my imagination. The things you see working at a grocery store.

Explain in more detail this apparently traumatizing encounter
from
EE

Lianae
2008-05-12, 10:23 PM
I has no camera.

Anyways... going back onto subject.

I have actually been looking into getting some foundation (I have plenty of powder) and would like suggestions on brands and stuff that have a natural look. Also, as you can tell I'm fairly pale and it is difficult to find makeup that matches my natural skin color well.

Mostly I just want to cover the redness I get around my nose area. My skin is pretty smooth and such so I don't really need it that much.

I prefer light coverage. I hate applying stuff thicky, and I would like to mention again my skin is sensitive (it tends to dry out and break out). Price is no object if I get a job.

Zarr, I recently bought some Maybelline foundation, Dream Mousse or something I think it's called, but its fantastic. I get a bit of redness on my face too and this stuff covers it up really well, and once its on I can't even feel it which is wonderful, I hate being able to feel stuff clogging up my skin :smallsmile: Also, if you don't like your bust size, have you tried chicken fillets? I don't know what the proper name is but thats what we call them over here, little rubber thingoes that you can just stick in your bra. A few of my friends have them and say that they're great, and I've never heard any stories about them falling out, which can only be a good thing.

But back to shoes...I love a good pair of heels, even though I know when I wear them my feet are gonna cane at the end of the night (though I have been known to put a pair of flats in my bag :smallbiggrin:) I just love the feeling of being taller, the change in posture etc.
My current faves are 9.5 cm shiny black with two gold buckles...they're hard to describe but they're awesome!! I also have another pair of black heels...also stupidly high...that have gotten me through pretty much every formal function and are starting to wear out :smallfrown:, a pair of low red heels that I found at home, two pairs of thongs, ugg boots, a couple of pairs of Volleys (Volleys = comfiest shoes ever), and some black flats...I'm sure I have more but these are the only ones I wear regularly!

...That's also quite possibly my longest post ever...hmmm

Jack Squat
2008-05-12, 10:27 PM
Explain in more detail this apparently traumatizing encounter
from
EE

I think I've derailed this thread enough...lets just leave it at me being chewed out for "staring" because I was in shock from it happening. I don't know about anyone else, but random people flashing me doesn't exactly happen every day.

EvilElitest
2008-05-12, 10:30 PM
I think I've derailed this thread enough...lets just leave it at me being chewed out for "staring" because I was in shock from it happening. I don't know about anyone else, but random people flashing me doesn't exactly happen every day.

I'm generally not interested, but it happens to me all the time. In really embrassing ways
from
EE

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-05-12, 10:41 PM
I'm generally not interested, but it happens to me all the time. In really embrassing ways
from
EE

:smalleek: "Cut that out dad! That's gross!"

:smalltongue:

DrowVampyre
2008-05-12, 10:42 PM
Shoes...I love, and I can't wait to start getting girly shoes. Not a fan of stilettos though, but I like the thicker heels, and especially boots. Problem for me will be finding ones that fit...normal stores don't go that high with sizes and I don't trust internet ordering. >_<

Jewelry...mmm, I agree with the silver-lovers. Silver's the best. Or white gold if gold, but something in that monochrome-ish coloration. Small gems can be good...oh, and I love claddagh rings and pretty pendants and such. Yeah, so gonna hafta buy more of that kind of thing.

Bust size...none just yet. ;_; But I hope to fill out fairly well once circumstances allow for me to make a full transition...not because I want to be well endowed so much as that...well, everything -else- is pretty big so...yeah, I'd look freaky otherwise. >_> <_<

Solo
2008-05-12, 10:50 PM
Perhaps were just doing it discreetly?

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-05-12, 11:05 PM
Perhaps were just doing it discreetly?

You took Covert Leer last level too eh Solo? I keep hearing talk of this "Voyeur" build really being the peak of Divination optimisation and stuff... :smalltongue:

InaVegt
2008-05-12, 11:53 PM
As for shoes, I have three pair, all of which are too masculine. One standard pair, one steel toed pair, and one sports pair. I usually wear the steel toed pair to be able to intimidate at least a bit.

Solo
2008-05-12, 11:55 PM
You took Covert Leer last level too eh Solo? I keep hearing talk of this "Voyeur" build really being the peak of Divination optimisation and stuff... :smalltongue:

Oh no, I just have a huge bluff check.

Serpentine
2008-05-13, 12:38 AM
On Zarr's boobs: As has been said, and as you seem to be aware, there's nothing wrong with B-cups. As Thes and others have said, it could indeed be a hormonal problem if you really do think they're not developing properly. This is something to see a doctor about. Good luck. Also, I made a request for peoples boob-sizes. I can't really see your question being any more inappropriate :smallconfused:

On people urging me to consult my doctor: 1. My doctor is my mum. 2. If I were really worried about it, I would. Eventually... when I get around to getting this check-up and cervical cancer vaccine and stuff... Speaking of which, anyone else gotten/going to get that? You should. I should...

As the most feminine person here, I feel I have a right to poke my head in, and say hello. *waves*Effeminate != feminine :smallsigh: Come on. I don't want to be rude and exclusive and stuff, but you have your own thread. And, of course, your claiming to be "the most feminine person here" irks me somewhat, joke or not :smallannoyed: (don't worry, not enough for me to be actually cranky with you :smalltongue:).

Hmm, another really girly thing...
I know! Ha ha, I don't get cramps, with or without the Pill ('specially as I need to stop taking the Pill to get a period anyway) :tongue:

Jagg
2008-05-13, 12:59 AM
Wow this thread is HUGE :)

ok in answer to the question that was asked back on like page 3... no it's not an allergic reaction to perfume. I've had allergic reactions to stuff and there is no *cough, mucus, itchy palate, runny eye's, itchy nose/skin or swelling*...just migraine. And it's not ALL perfumes just 90% of them. I have to hold my nose and walk swiftly through the perfume department when I go to DJ's or Myers otherwise instant headache.

* Sheesh all this talk about cup sizes - no wonder this thread is growing so fast.....Is my disguise still holding?

Shoes. I have four pairs. Black leather work shoes. Steel capped work boots. Sneakers. Flip Flops (in Oz - Thongs). Yeah yeah I'm not a girl, but my SO has..... 1 pair sneakers, 1 pair brown leather boots, flip flops, three pairs sandals (work shoes). Mind you the last time I saw my sisters cupboard the term "fetish" definately applied...at least 30 pairs.

Zarr - you're a cute pixie. Suck it up.

Hmm Thoughts on guys looking at girls. I like looking at girls. Just like EVERY straight guy I know. I liked looking at girls when I was 12,13,14,15,16 (seeing a trend here?). Now however I'd probably be considered some kind of old fart lecher by an 18 year old if I was caught looking. So what to do? Not look? *but she's wearing the skin tight mini and a G String!!! Hmm no I'd still look. I'd just try to be discrete about it. Covert Leering. Remember girls, Age and experience = crafty buggers. Trust me, you might not notice that guy checking you out... but he is.

OK I think I'm up to date

dish
2008-05-13, 01:25 AM
How should I put it?

Being respected for your intelligence, abilities, skills, job status, opinions and that kind of stuff gives you the normal self-confidence you need to operate in society.

Getting a neat double-take from a random guy walking past you on the street (no whistling, comments or anything, just a double-take and a wee smile) ... that's the chocolate sprinkles on the icing of the cake of self-confidence. It's nice, and it can make the world seem like an easier place for a few hours.

Serpentine
2008-05-13, 01:29 AM
It would, indeed, be nice :smallsigh:

Felixaar
2008-05-13, 01:30 AM
Ah, discussion of Bra Sizes. This is what all us men came in here for. *runs away under a hail of pink shoes*

Oh, you all know I'm joking.

dish
2008-05-13, 01:42 AM
It would, indeed, be nice :smallsigh:

It's only happened to me twice. And both of those were under very specific circumstances. (I'm white and I've only ever got it from black guys, in Asia.) So, somewhere out there is the right guy...

Nychta
2008-05-13, 01:48 AM
How should I put it?

Being respected for your intelligence, abilities, skills, job status, opinions and that kind of stuff gives you the normal self-confidence you need to operate in society.

Getting a neat double-take from a random guy walking past you on the street (no whistling, comments or anything, just a double-take and a wee smile) ... that's the chocolate sprinkles on the icing of the cake of self-confidence. It's nice, and it can make the world seem like an easier place for a few hours.

Oh, I completely agree. When I'm out by myself, it really makes my day.

On shoes: I have one pair of chucks (converse), one pair of runners, an old pair of canvas flats, jandals, and I bought the silver flats.
Thanks for all your advice, guys, but seeing as I wear black tights in winter, I thought it would be more outstanding to have silver shoes. (I should really have mentioned that). If I get the opportunity, I'd like to get the black pair... but I try to be economical with my shoes. I have a budget, and my feet are still growing.

Jagg
2008-05-13, 02:01 AM
How should I put it?

Yes....buuuuut I haz questions.

The neato double take from "random guy" is pretty broad...and probably inaccurate right? I mean Random guy has to be....* about your age - coz if it was some random guy the age of your grandad that would be....eww *Doesn't look like he slept on the street for a month with extra vomit and Colonge de Piss * Isn't a contender for the olympic biggest beer gut award and generally doesn't make you want to scrub your skin raw when he does his double take. Random guy isn't quite so random......Right?

Zakama
2008-05-13, 02:06 AM
I judge a forum by the amount of girls on it, the more, the better. It shows that the men there aren't jerks. So ladies, you make this place worthwhile.

Solo
2008-05-13, 02:09 AM
And if any of you wonderful girls feel that your breasts are inadequate or anything, feel free to send me pictures for a second opinion.

Given the amount of porn I've seen, I can assure you an unbiased opinion.

Reel On, Love
2008-05-13, 02:11 AM
Girls?

I like girls.

They're soft and warm and nice-smellin'.

P.S. No you can't, Ozy. You can promise them an opinion skewed by porn. Which isn't reassuring.

Serpentine
2008-05-13, 02:12 AM
Porn = reliable source of comparison? :smallconfused:

HA! :biggrin:

Solo
2008-05-13, 02:14 AM
Fine, fine, but I do have 9 ranks in Appraise (Female) according to my character sheet, so that's bound to count for something.

Reel On, Love
2008-05-13, 02:15 AM
I suppose that's better than 9 ranks in Craft(female), Perform(female), or Profession(female)...

Serpentine
2008-05-13, 02:16 AM
Mmmm, objectification much? :smallwink:

Nychta
2008-05-13, 02:18 AM
Girls?

I like girls.

They're soft and warm and nice-smellin'.

P.S. No you can't, Ozy. You can promise them an opinion skewed by porn. Which isn't reassuring.

It seems smell does have a huge impact...
Also I worry about people's health when they're cold to the touch. I guess I'm a little more sensitive/aware to that kind of thing, but honestly, when people are even slightly colder than normal, it scares me. Like they have bad qi around them. But if you find a temperature-freak like me, ask them whether you're gonna get sick in the next week. Early warning system! :smallbiggrin:

Bag_of_Holding
2008-05-13, 02:22 AM
My, this thread is popular. In terms of bra size, hmm... I'll just say that my partial-asian-ness has its downside when it comes to the fatty tissue accumulation in a certain region of my body.

Reel On, Love
2008-05-13, 02:23 AM
My, this thread is popular. In terms of bra size, hmm... I'll just say that my partial-asian-ness has its downside when it comes to the fatty tissue accumulation in a certain region of my body.

It also gives you +2 cuteness in the eyes of many geek guys.

Solo
2008-05-13, 02:24 AM

Proof please. :smallwink:

Just remember, every time you feel self conscious about it, that more than a handfull is a waste anyways...

Bag_of_Holding
2008-05-13, 02:27 AM
Boy, aren't you two (RO, L; Solo) eager. :smallbiggrin:

Serpentine
2008-05-13, 02:30 AM
Such helpful, eager-to-please, selfless fellows :smallsigh:

Nychta

I has found an asiantastic companion!

Getting back to girly stuff: I love silver jewellery, but honestly gold looks better against my skin tone.

Solo
I'm sure you find it horribly objectifying.

Reel On, Love
2008-05-13, 02:31 AM
Such helpful, eager-to-please, selfless fellows :smallsigh:

I get that a lot.
In bed.

(Seriously. Not that it matters.)

For the record, I haven't gone "pix plz!" yet, because I think it's pretty crass.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-05-13, 02:35 AM
I'm sure you find it horribly objectifying.

Oh, yeah :smallamused:

for those of you who didn't get it the first time

object -ification [n: the act of treating people as though they are objects]

Bag.Of.Holding. market price 10,000gp.

Yeah... I'm an awakened animated innuendo.

Reel On, Love
2008-05-13, 02:36 AM
Bag of holding - object -ification [n: the act of treating people as though they are objects]

get it?

There is so much potential innunedo there I'm not even going to bother.

Nychta
2008-05-13, 02:37 AM
Oh, yeah :smallamused:

for those of you who didn't get it the first time

Bag of holding - object -ification [n: the act of treating people as though they are objects]

get it?

Oh my gods that is funny. Made funnier by the fact that I really didn't get it the first time.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-05-13, 02:40 AM
Oh my gods that is funny. Made funnier by the fact that I really didn't get it the first time.

Yah... I should've been more careful when choosing my name, I guess. Now I'm a walking innuendo and double entendre.

Solo
2008-05-13, 02:42 AM
So can I store my Rod of Lordly Might in your Bag of Holding?

Reel On, Love
2008-05-13, 02:44 AM
So can I store my Rod of Lordly Might in your Bag of Holding?

More like your Rod of Withering.

Yah... I should've been more careful when choosing my name, I guess. Now I'm a walking innuendo and double entendre.

Double entendre?
I hardly even know'er!

Nychta
2008-05-13, 02:47 AM

As a girl, I'd like to ask whether we can avoid the whole macho banter about rods. I thought that this was the one forum that would avoid so much of it!

Solo
2008-05-13, 02:49 AM

Jealous that you never had a Rod of Wonder?

As a girl, I'd like to ask whether we can avoid the whole macho banter about rods. I thought that this was the one forum that would avoid so much of it!
You do realize you live in a "male dominated society", correct?

Reel On, Love
2008-05-13, 02:50 AM

Um... he started it!

Ahem. Sorry, my bad. Let's do each others' hair and gossip about boys.

poleboy
2008-05-13, 02:54 AM

Dammit, I had at least a handful of jokes about charges on rods lined up. Oh well, another time.

So. I believe you were talking about fat tissue or the lack thereof?

Alarra
2008-05-13, 03:03 AM
Subtly reminds people to shy away from prohibited topics of discussion (ie..sex)

Hmm....girly stuff eh?
Well....I'm a 36C.

I hardly ever wear makeup. Since lack of sleep and anemia are problems I suffer from, I will frequently have dark circles under my eyes and transparent skin that makes my veins stand out more than I'd like. I will, on occasion use Clinique's city base foundation to cover those. It's a nice make-up, being a cross between a foundation and powder. I'm have really sensitive skin, to the point where getting even a little regular soap or shampoo on my face in the shower will make me turn all red and I have no problems with this makeup, or their lotion. Although it is a bit expensive. But it lasts me forever, probably because I hardly wear it and when I do, I don't need much.
I will occasionally wear eyeshadow and mascara, but that's rare.

I have a lot of shoes, but only a few pairs that I usually wear.
Brown sandals
Brown not sandals
Tennis shoes
Black dressier lace-up shoes
Black boots
Black dressy sandals

I could really probably get by with only those 6 pairs of shoes. I do however, have many more. I also have more clothes than I know what to do with.

I'm always cold. I have terrible circulation.

Jewelry, I like. I always wear the same pieces though. I have 3 rings that I currently wear, my engagement ring on one hand, and 2 rings from my grandparents on the other hand. I usually have a bracelet, but it broke on Thursday. I always wear a necklace, currently a blue stone from Zeb. And I always wear my watch, because I HAVE TO know the time...ALWAYS. Both of my ears are pierced twice, but I'm allergic to most earrings, so never wear them.

Solo
2008-05-13, 03:33 AM
Suggestion: Grow more blood vessels.

Nychta
2008-05-13, 03:37 AM

Jewelry, I like. I always wear the same pieces though. I have 3 rings that I currently wear, my engagement ring on one hand, and 2 rings from my grandparents on the other hand. I usually have a bracelet, but it broke on Thursday. I always wear a necklace, currently a blue stone from Zeb. And I always wear my watch, because I HAVE TO know the time...ALWAYS. Both of my ears are pierced twice, but I'm allergic to most earrings, so never wear them.

*Starts to worry 'bout Alarra* Maybe you have to keep active. I know a few people like that...

I'm allergic to most metals. Yay. I'm getting braces. :smallfurious:

Bag_of_Holding
2008-05-13, 03:38 AM
Ah, back to "Girl thread", it is. Shall we move on then?

Hmm, piercings piercings piercings. I've never got them. Honestly, I abhor the very thought of getting one... Well, it's just my version of "no pain, no gain", I guess: No pain, no pain.

Edit: just out of interest, I wanted to start a discussion about our favourite colours. Do girls really like pink? Personally, I very much like prussian blue- my first love had prussian blue eyes... :smallredface:

Thanatos 51-50
2008-05-13, 03:50 AM
Also I worry about people's health when they're cold to the touch. I guess I'm a little more sensitive/aware to that kind of thing, but honestly, when people are even slightly colder than normal, it scares me. Like they have bad qi around them. But if you find a temperature-freak like me, ask them whether you're gonna get sick in the next week. Early warning system! :smallbiggrin:

My hands are perpetually cold.
Just figuered I'd let you know.:amused:

Nychta
2008-05-13, 03:52 AM
I've never loved pink; I've only started to tolerate it. At the moment, my favourite colour is red. But deep blues look best on me, because I have asiantastic skin, but somehow slightly more brown, less yellow.

EDIT:
My hands are perpetually cold.
Just figuered I'd let you know.:amused:

...:eek:

Bag_of_Holding
2008-05-13, 04:03 AM
I've never loved pink; I've only started to tolerate it. At the moment, my favourite colour is red. But deep blues look best on me, because I have asiantastic skin, but somehow slightly more brown, less yellow.

Hmm, probably because we've got some serious sun tan down here with that gaping hole in the ozone layer and all that jazz. If you want to see your *true colour*, it's best to see the colour on your wrist. It gets the least sun but not deprived of that vitamin D goodness to be too pale.

Well, going back to our theme of favourite colours (because it's everyone's favourite? Get it? :smallwink:), I don't like pink either; it's too... lucid for my taste. Remember: Lime green and pink.

Solo
2008-05-13, 04:54 AM
Hmm, probably because we've got some serious sun tan down here with that gaping hole in the ozone layer and all that jazz.

My instincts as a science major compel me to correct that statement, while my male instincts tell me to ask for pics.

Bag_of_Holding
2008-05-13, 04:56 AM
My instincts as a science major compel me to correct that statement, while my male instincts tell me to ask for pics.

I'd actually appreciate it if you could correct my statement. I don't think I'll be asked for pics if I make the comment somewhere else... :smallsigh:

wadledo
2008-05-13, 05:00 AM
The next person to make an innuendo/picture is going to have me, google, mapquest, and a very large sword inserted into somewhere very unpleasant.
Y'all girls are like the sisters I wish I had.

Solo
2008-05-13, 05:04 AM
The ozone hole is over the south pole, not Oz, and thus does not affect you.

As far as I know.

The next person to make an innuendo/picture is going to have me, google, mapquest, and a very large sword inserted into somewhere very unpleasant.
Why would you insert yourself, google, and mapquest into somewhere very unpleasant? Wouldn't the sword be enough?

If you ever manage to cram all that stuff in, please send me a picture. I can't imagine how you'd do that.

Nychta
2008-05-13, 05:05 AM
I have a little brother, but I've always wanted a mean older brother. But he could only be mean sometimes.

Solo
2008-05-13, 05:08 AM
Why would you want a mean older brother?

wadledo
2008-05-13, 05:08 AM
Solo: And.
Very important word, and.

xNadia: I'm only mean when I'm a year closer to dying.

Nychta
2008-05-13, 05:10 AM
Well, not cruel mean, but someone to shake me out of stupid dreams. I hate having to wake myself up to the real world.

I'm da Rogue!
2008-05-13, 05:11 AM
An older brother who would have cute friends..
Right, Nadia?:smallamused:

On boobs:
B size is perfect. I think big boobs are a pain, (especially for your back), and I always thought that small breasts show you're young.
And it's all about the hormones. I had to take some pills to stabilise my period, and I got from B to C size in one year.
Got some kilos as well, which now I'm slowly losing. I hope the size doesn't change again.

Solo
2008-05-13, 05:12 AM
Solo: And.
Very important word, and.
Ah.

Didn't think you were into that kind of thing anyways.

xNadia: I'm only mean when I'm a year closer to dying.

It's your birthday, Happy birthday
Now that you've aged another year
You now know that death is near
On your birthday, Happy birthday

It's your birthday, Happy birthday
Now that you are the age you are
Your demise cannot be far
On your birthday, Happy birthday

Well, not cruel mean, but someone to shake me out of stupid dreams. I hate having to wake myself up to the real world.
Hey, I can do that. I love crushing people's dreams!