PDA

View Full Version : Need supersolider ideas.

Evil DM Mark3
2008-05-11, 06:02 PM
OK I am going to be running a M&M game soon but the medium is not important, because this is concept stuff. In my universe a chemical known as Rienzine, first isolated by Mr Edward Hyde but named after a german scientist, can be used to create super-powered individuals. For a long time the process was very VERY hit and miss but the invention of high quality chromatography alowed the separation of the myriad almost identical chemicals that went together to make the mixture referred to as Riezine. Even to this day the use of these chemicals is dangerous, and coincidently illegal.

The process was getting off the ground properly during the second world war but it was during the cold war that things really got going. Super Soldiers where the order of the day, leaving only two nations in the world to develop the, theoretically inferior, nuclear weapon to any degree. The truth is any nation that was around in the 50-60s that had any sort of millitary mentality at all and had a few decent scientists could create their own super soldier, with a bit of hit and miss of course. Oddly the most common side effect (about 21% of the time, more if aimed for) is extreme long life or immortality, thus enabling my plot:smallsmile:.

The game revolves around the idea that they are now back, unified under the command of legendary (and immortal) villain General Tempus and officially PISSED.

But I can't get the ideas.

So far I have the following:
America: US Jack. There where in fact many US Jacks, the process was unstable and was offered to terminally ill soldiers, along with a large sum of cash to their dependants, the public was never aware of this. They tended to last 4 months. Then one stayed alive permanently, but the procedure had caused him constant pain. Got angry. Standard all over better-than-you man.

Britain: Officially just developed the bomb. May have had a hush hush project too, haven't decided, ideas welcome.

Germany: Had a WWII project, not decided who it produced.

China: Definitely had/has a project.

Japan: Kamikaze (divine wind). Female speedster who re-invented the ancient samurai code for a modern era. She and her neo-samurai abandoned "weak" Japan in the closing days of the war and now works as a mercenaries. Swore feudal loyalty to "Tempus-Dono" when she learnt what aliases he had used in ancient Japan. He has her respect and thus her obedience, the exact reason Japan DIDN'T.

USSR: Blessed with several skilled roboticists The USSR was able to create first The Commissar (cyborg with twin chain guns) then The Warriors (mook level cyborgs) and then finaly General Winter (Cross between a warhammer 40k terminator and The Terminator). Vanished when the USSR fell apart.

So, um.

Ideas?

Dirk Redwood
2008-05-11, 06:22 PM
For the British project I suggest you mine the ideas of Alan Moore's MircaleMan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracleman#Marvelman.2FMiracleman:_The_Alan_Moore_ years

Evil DM Mark3
2008-05-11, 06:33 PM
I heard you the first time.:smallwink:

Thanks though.

Kizara
2008-05-11, 08:35 PM
This was developed (by me, with some advice from a couple forumers) to simulate WH40K's Space Marines, but may be helpful to you:

Genetically Augmented Template:

+6 Str, +2 Dex, +6 Con, +2 Cha
Add 1' to base height.
Gain Alertness, Iron Will, Endurance, Improved Toughness and Exotic Armor Proficiency (Power Armor) as bonus feats.
Gain +1 to all saves, and +4 additional versus poison.
Reduce time needed to sleep by 3/4 (so 6 hours if normally 8 hours).
Gain low-light vision.
Gain immunity to non-magical causes of blood loss, and automatically stabilize if dropped under 0 hp.
Gain the ability to hold your breath four times longer than normal, and increased ability to survive in low-atmosphere or toxic environments(to be clarified later).
Gain immunity to the Nauseated and Dazed effects.
Live 10x longer than normal (use elf chart for easy reference)
Gain fire resistance 10.

Level Adjustment: +3

Calinero
2008-05-11, 08:43 PM
Perhaps make the German supermen very large, muscular, and quite often having mental instabilities related to the procedure. In keeping with their rather unscrupulous research during WWII, the Nazis were not particularly concerned with the safety of their test subjects.

comicshorse
2008-05-11, 08:45 PM
Maybe instead of a solely english or german team, you should have a E.U. or N.A.T.O. team.
Adds another layer of tension to relations with Russia if they're afraid Eastern European countries joining N.A.TO. will give the West access to their super hero's. Romanian immediately springs to mind, I can't see Ceausecu not expending whatever resources or people necessary to create a super-soldier.. Though would he have been overthrown then.
I ran a Champions game in which the players encountered M.I.6's pet super soldiers.
They were: NIMUE , she claimed to be the enchanteress who tricked Merlin into being imprisoned. In my game she was, if you're not using magic then some kind of super-pheremone control that turns men into her puppets seems good.
YEOMAN: Carries a longbow with which he is an expert. It shoots energy bolts that can stun or kill. Has demonstrated sufficient power to level buildings. While it is believed his reliance on the bow is psychological he has never been able to manifest his talent without it.
PHASE: Can render himself or his teammates intangible. Very cold, distant character who fears he is slowly fading to nothing. Highly trained as england's top assassin.
JAMES BOND: England's finest agent. Charming, deadly and practically unkillable thanks to his regenerative powers ( how else do you think he survives all those assassination attempts)