PDA

View Full Version : Survivors of the Fallen Ship - Crash Site (IC)

Caracol
2008-05-12, 12:49 PM
As the snow sweeped by the crash begins to settle down, you have a clearer look of what happened to the ship. The hull cracked open in two section, and everywhere there is wood planks and splinters. The stern landed straight, and is partially covered by the baloon, that is drooping fast. The prow turned on its side istead, and it's the worst damaged part of the ship. Inside, you can see some smashed crates, items and objects all over, dead bodies, but also some other people that, like you, managed to survive the crash: some crawling for help, some standing up, confused but safe after all.
The crash site appear to be a small valley between two high mountains: the ground is slightly leaning and the higher part of it has a rock terrain not covered by the snow. There are two pathways on this terrain that go to north and northwest, but you can't figure out where they lead.
Down the valley, to south, you can see a far and ice blue river, and a thick forest to south east and south west: the landscape is overwhelming and beautyful, but also quite menacing, and you don't see any sign of civilization.
Where the ship landed the snow is high and full with any kind of object the ship contained: there are some large crates, spare items, but you are focused mostly by the many bodies of dead and almost dead people. As you move trough the snow, you realize that is really cold.
Right now, you have to act, and act quickly: you are lost in a foreing land, cold and predators could come soon, and you have to help yourself some other to survive.

MAP OF THE CRASH SITE (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=prj5WWVRRUXMGtCyQux_DQA)

MAP OF THE AREA (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=prj5WWVRRUXMGsS7oXlujBw)

please tell me if it does work.
scale is 5ft per square.
Explanation: white- snow terrain, brow- ship hull, dark brown - large crates, dark grey - a cage, light grey - rock terrain, cream - droop baloon.

Place yourself wherever you like. Also, all you took [roll0] nonlethal damage due to the fall.

Caracol
2008-05-12, 12:56 PM
the map didn't worked, now it should.
Also, rerolling: [roll0] nonlethal damage due to the fall.

King Tius
2008-05-12, 01:19 PM
A small mound of snow explodes near the crash site as Hywel sits up, revealing to anyone nearby that this little snow drift was actually a gnome. Holding his head with his hands, he closes his eyes for a moment as he tries to remember what happened. As he tries to wait for the shock of the crash to pass, he begins to shiver from sitting in the snow. Gingerly getting to his feet, he pulls his overcoat tightly around himself and cinches his belt. Looking around at the death and destruction, the little absent-minded wizard is filled, not with fear or shock, but curiosity as to why the ship crashed. "Odd, why did the ship come down? Did the balloon rip?" Snapping out of his brief space-out, Hywel quickly moves towards the ship, searching for his pack and belongings (not sure if we had cabins or if it was a day trip). Once he eventually finds his pack, he will quickly pull out his blanket and wrap it around himself for additional warmth.

Lansier
2008-05-12, 01:38 PM
Slowly Mithros picks himself up out of the snow heap he landed in, he looks around grogily, shakes his head and gets up on his feet. ''Ohhh my head, did we really crash?'' A quick look around confirms his suspision, checking himself for injuries Mithros finds a few bruises but nothing worse, he is also relieved to find his backpack still intact and in place. Shivering with cold Mithros pulls his blanket out of his backpack and wraps himself in it, seeing a fellow passenger do the same.

vargen
2008-05-12, 01:52 PM
Viol lies flat on the snow trying to feel is she is still alive, but since she feels pain she must still be alive...

"Lang, are you OK?"

A few feet's away from Viol, Lang stands up and shakes himself off.

"Good boy, come here and let us see if someone else is alive"

Lang runs to Viol's side and they walk around to see who else is alive and if they need any immediate help.

Felnris
2008-05-12, 02:05 PM
Temil stands to one side of the wreck, his spear planted firmly in the snow beside him. He isn't looking at the wreck and his pack lays in the snow beside him, seemingly forgotten. Instead he is gazing out into the valley, uninterested in the suffering behind him. Finally he turns back and begins to dig in the snow, unearthing a silver brestplate which he straps to his pack.

(What time of day is it?)

GimliFett
2008-05-12, 02:11 PM
Glankas Deepseeker

Like a turtle on its back, Glankas struggles to right himself after being thrown from the crash. Finally the dwarf manages to stand upright in the thick snow-drifts. Looking around he sees others rise and moves to assist, dropping his shield and pack in the wallowed out spot he had previously occupied. "OY! Who needs help?" he calls out as he moves to the nearest form, moving or not.

Starting Point: AJ-23.

Caracol
2008-05-12, 02:42 PM
Looking at the sun and at his sorroundings, Temil figures out what time of the day is: it's around 10 in the morning, clouds are almost covering the sun, but he can't understand if there's a incoming strom or not. Air temperature is cold, and chances are that it will be lower later in the day.

Both Viol and Glankas are sorrounded by other people: 5 are near the dwarf, while 6 are near the druid. The breath of the alive does small smoke clouds: so it's easier to know who is dead and who isn't.

There are 4 people still alive near Glankas: two humans, 2 men and a woman, all unconscious, and 1 small figure that is trying to stand up by himself.

There are 3 people still alive near Viol: a man, an elf lady with a velvet blue dress, both uncounscious, and a really old man with a green cloak and a wooden staff, that sits in the snow holding his head with his hands.

Silent Musician
2008-05-12, 02:46 PM
"Are you alive?"

A 6' 2" tall human in yellow-brown colors of armor tends to a lying body, holding up what looked to be a passenger. However, with the hand limping from his holds seconds upon tending to him, the person's life dwindled away. The head of the armor-clad warrior bows before he lies the man back down, closing his eyes with a movement of his hands.

"He lives no longer."

The Paladin rushes to the aid of someone crawling out, already helping a young man to his feet. It seemed that a few people have survived, and from the looks of it, some of them equipped well were already heading to help.

"These people need fire."

Fortunately, he had firewood strapped to his backpack, which was lying over near one of the crates. Moving quickly to it, he picks it up and removes the logs, moving over to some snow where he is able to clear a space to lie the wood onto. Now, he needed some straw.

"Does anyone have anything that may start a fire?"

Thalmor
2008-05-12, 03:10 PM
Xavorin

The crash seems to have thrown Xavorin around the main part of the ship. Xavorin raises to his feet and quickly locates his back pack, then Surveys the wreckage. Xavorin yellsIs there anyone else in here? as he begins searching the main wreckage. Taking note of anything that maybe salvaged (including any dead bodies)

GimliFett
2008-05-12, 03:30 PM
Glankas Deepseeker

The dwarf moves to the nearest unconscious human, but looks at the smaller figure trying to rise. "If you must have assistance, let me know. I'm going to check on the fallen."

Starting Point: AJ-23.

Felnris
2008-05-12, 04:01 PM
So many bodies. Let them strugle or help them along, which better shows strength?
Temil looks over the sight of people climbing out of the wreckage briefly before making his decision. He plants his spear in the snow letting it stand upright, then moves towards the large man, "You brought firewood, but not kindling?" Temil picks up several pieces of the broken ship as he approaches. "Do you have an axe or a knife? We can get wood shavings from these." He tosses the pieces on the ground near where the firepit had been dug. "They should be dry also."

vargen
2008-05-12, 04:10 PM
Viol approaches the elderly man

"Are you alright mister? Are you hurt?"

She reaches out her hand towards him

"Here, let me help you up."

Silent Musician
2008-05-12, 04:46 PM
"Aye. Only flint and steel. I guess I left the kindling back at my last inn room. I was in a hurry to catch the airship."

He removes the flint and steel. "I suppose I can try, but I can't say for sure it'll light easily. If only we had something flammable and dry....say, do you have paper?"

King Tius
2008-05-12, 04:50 PM
Assuming that all this happens within the same general area, Hywel's ears perk up at the request for fire. "Fire you say? Today's your day! Well, not really, judging by the crash we just encountered. I can conjure some fire with the snap of my fingers, so just show me what you need lit and I shall lite it. Since we seem to be stuck between rocks and a cold place, might as well get to know each other. I'm Hywel Brigdel and I know a bit of magic. Let me know how I can help. I'm afraid I'm not much good with planning or giving directions, but I can take them just fine!" The little gnome extends a hand in warm welcome, clearly unphased by all of the proverbial feces that has hit the fan.

Hywel will use his Prestidigitation spell to try and lite the fire. If that fails (or you don't think that a little flame could lite the fire in these conditions, he will use his burning hands spell, careful not to scorch anyone.

de-trick
2008-05-12, 07:08 PM
Carmon

Carmon felt the floor of the ship leave the soul of his feet. He was wieghtless for a few seconds. Carmon was on the deck of the ship when the accident happened. He quickly grabbed a piece of the rigging and leld on for dear life. Befor the momunt of impact Carmon jumped from the ship. But Carmon landed face first in the snow. He stands up dazed from the fall. Woo, what the hell was that! He then turns around to relize the carnage around him. He then quickly runs to the closest person and checks to see if there alive.

put me on (12 on X axis, 6 on Y axis)

Walter
2008-05-13, 01:24 AM
Albrecht

In his mind, Albrecht is fourteen. It's a cool winters eve, and his father is in town. He's fallen asleep by the forge, and as the night passes, it grows even cooler. He wakes up, startled by the cold, and knocks free a smoldering log from the fire. In moments, there is fire around him, smoke burning his eyes and making him dizzy. He desperately cries out for help, and hears approaching hooves from a galloping horse before passing into black. "Albie? Albie?" Its his father, calling to him to wake up. Painfully, his eyes open.

He's not back home with his father, but in the wilderness with strangers -- and with one hell of a headache.

Sitting up in the snow bank, then leaning on a nearby plank from the airship, Albrecht rights himself. "Damn that hurts," he says through clenched teeth as he stands up. He shakes it off, and approaches the wreckage. Bodies of the dead and survivors of the crash are strewn throughout the newly fallen snow, and Albrecht's stomach starts to turn. He's never seen death like this before, nor so many wounded people. Seems that most are being tended too, he thinks to himself, and moves cautiously into the remnants of the ship.

OOC: I'm trying to find my belongings (backpack and weapons) where I've stored them below deck. If Albrecht sees any people in need of care on his way that are not being adequately helped -- he will lend a helpful (albeit unskilled) hand to the situation.

Pickles
2008-05-13, 03:00 AM
Laying face down on the ground Tristan begins to wonder why in the god's name is he...blind? Oh my god I'm blind!!! He shoots himself up from the ground sending his world spinning, as nasuea over takes him from the vertigo of standing to quickly. Falling to his rump back on the snow covered ground he began to shake his head vigourously and wipe at his eyes, removing the snow that was stuck to his face.

"Why am I covered in snow? Better question why am I on the ground?Standing back up and surveying the land directly infront of him with a critical eye head cocked to the side taking in the mountians and tree's. "Hmmm not exactly a very good place for an Inn doubt it would see much traffic. The view is nice if a little cluttered with all that wreckage.

Wreckage? Hmm those poor people who owned that contraption must be terribly sad. Well perhaps they will still be atleast friendly enough to provide directions to the nearest town. Tristan trundles off back in the direction of the wreckage in search for the first person he can talk to.

"Uhm Excuse me, but would you be so kind as to direct me to civiliation?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tristan is somewhat crazed after his recent accident before boarding the ship.
Whomever wishes to be the person he first talks to lemme know.
As for the DM sake he is still wearing his backpack with sword sheathed and sheild straped to the backpack.

Caracol
2008-05-13, 03:54 AM
No one responds to Xavorin's yell. The main wreckage is divided in two sections. The upper, the one immediately under the main deck, has a door that seems shut, but he can't reach it unless he tries to climb up.
The lower section is at ground level istead. As Xavorin's moves in, he founds many objects lying to the ground, but his attention is drawed by 7 bodies. The all appear to be dead, except for a young child, that seems to be barely alive. He needs medical attention soon.

The small figure Glankas see is an halfling lady. She seems quite alright, but is holding her left arm, like it's really hurting. "I'm fine" she says, grinding her theet for the pain. The nearest unconscious body is a man, and he needs to be helped quickly: he has a wooden splinter right near his neck.

Hywel manages to light up a small fire with his prestidigitation spell: it's really cold and some wood is wet, but some is treated with waterproof inflammable oil. Tamil and the Paladin bring some help and dry wood, so soon a stable fire is setted.

Viol helps the old man to stand up.
Thanks, young lady... he says. I'm alright, I guess, I've been through worse events... Taking a look around, his expression becomes sad and worried. These people need immediate help. Here, let me give you an hand with the penniless. he says, as he approaches the lying man near him.

Two people are near Carmon: a woman and an elf with a steel armor. He seems already dead, while the woman looks in pain, but still alive.

Albrecht hears someone calling for help inside the right wreckage: as he peeks in, he founds three dead bodies, and a dwarf liying to the ground. He's holding another man between his arms, a man completely covered by blood.
Albrecht also founds two scared, but safe, hogs: they were the "competition pigs" of a farmer you met on the ship. He spent the whole voyage annoying the other people about how his pigs would win the Valinor Annual Cattleman Competiton, so you remember him quite well... he's one of the dead men.
Quick! says the dwarf that is holding the bleeding man He needs help!

Tristan only founds dead bodies around him, the only people that seems to be alive and standing are the ones working up to light a fire in the middle of the crash site.

Walter
2008-05-13, 04:19 AM
Albrecht

"I'm coming," Albrecht shouts -- tearing off strips of cloth from his outfit as he runs toward the bloodied man. He looks for the man's visible wounds, and begins to wrap them with the make-shift bandages. Even his jaundice glance can tell that applying pressure and stopping the bleeding won't be enough to save this man. "We need some help over here! HELP!" Hopefully someone will hear his cries.

OOC: If appropriate, a heal check (untrained): [roll0]

Thalmor
2008-05-13, 07:46 AM
Xavorin

Upon seeing the child Xavorin will move over to attend to it.

[roll0]

If the heal check doesn't work I will try to feed the child one of my heal potions. After making sure the child is stabalized I will find a place to lay the child to rest. I will then search the bodies and any luggage to try to find any items that may help me get out of the ship or to help us surive in this harsh enviorment. I will then try to find a way out.

[roll1] If needed

Caracol
2008-05-13, 08:05 AM
Everybody outside hear Albrecht shouting for help from the right side of the wreckage.
The ranger tries to stop the wounded from bleeding, but his wounds are too bad for some bandages; the man's life is coming to an end.
Take it outside... says the dwarf, I can't move, I think I broke my leg...

Xavorin gives some first aid to the child, and he seems to be almost safe: he's still uncousious, however, and if the incoming cold could take his life easy...

do you want to take the child near the fire, or examine the upper deck first?

Thalmor
2008-05-13, 08:11 AM
Xavorin

I take the child near the fire first and then I will exaine the upperdeck. I will basically say the following to anyone near the fire. Hey, I find this Unconcious kid inside I think we need to make an area for the injured. There are a lot of dead bodies inside, I need some help searching wreackage for anything useful.

Caracol
2008-05-13, 08:18 AM
Xavorin goes back to the cracked hull and climbs up to the upper deck. (I'm using your previous roll).
There is nothing noticeable here, except for a door. It's shut, and appears to be closed from the inside. No rumors come from it.

Lansier
2008-05-13, 09:09 AM
Mithros

After the fire is started Mithros quickly moves closer, warming his hands with the heat of the growing fire. Looking around he only now realizes the scale of the accident, he feels helpless as he knows there is little he can do for those injured. After a few seconds of contemplation an idea hit fim, he rumages around in his backpack and after a few seconds pulls out what apears to be a furry little ball. After only a short time of exposure to the cold air the ball unfurls revealing its nature, a sleepy weasel.

Mithros makes eye contact with the small creature and for a moment the two make no move, then the sorcerer points to the wreckage and gives the weasel a simple command. Yuno, go find food. The animal imeadiatly jumps to the ground and after a second of sniffing the air, takes of towards the wrecked airship, zigzagging to avoid people and deep snow. Mithros follows at a slower pace, trusting his familiars keen nose to find anything edible, while he himself keeps a lookout for anything else usefull.

Thalmor
2008-05-13, 09:55 AM
Xavorin

I will check the door to see if it is locked. If not I will open, Otherwise I will knock before trying to pick the door.

[roll0] If locked

GimliFett
2008-05-13, 11:21 AM
Glankas Deepseeker

"I'll be with you in a bit!" Smiling reassuringly at the halfling woman, Glankas channels healing magic into the wounded man, sacrificing his shield of faith spell.

[roll0]

Felnris
2008-05-13, 11:35 AM
Temil

"We're going to need to keep the injured dry." Temil glances around to see if there are any nearby trees or bushes. He then pickes up the nearest cutting impliment he can fine, or asks to borrow a knife from someone who has one handy. He then proceeds in towards the wreckage trying to find a way up towards the canvas balloon. He pauses once to check the cage that lies in the middle of the wreckage, both to see if it is still closed, and if so what is inside it. Then he makes his way up to the balloon looking to cut out as large a piece of canvas as he can carry.

Caracol
2008-05-13, 11:50 AM
Yuno moves through the high snow, sniffing the air and stops at one of the large crates that landed on the ground. The crate it's opened, and full of beans, bread and other nourishing but not so appetizing food. Looks like what is left from the food reserve that was used to feed the ship travellers. The city of Valinor was quite near when you crashed, so the food seems enough to let you survive for two days (maybe more, since a lot of people died), but sure you'll have to found another source of food soon.

No sound comes from the door. Xavorin tries to pick the lock, but the key inside makes things more difficult and he fails. Options are trying to get the key somehow, or smashing the door.

You can retry the Open Lock check (with a penality), or else figure out some other solution.

The dwarf's magic sorrounds man, he looks surprised as he opens his eyes. But other people need help, and the cold snow isn't helping.

Temil sees no trees near the crash site: the nearest are the forest's ones and some haggard bushes up the rock path that goes to north.
Inside the cage there are 6 colorul and beautyful birds: they look exotic and magnificent, but also quite scared and numb for the cold. The cage is closed.
The baloon has drooped down between the two main wreckages, it's easy to reach from there. It's made by thick layers of leather, sewed with durable threads, covered by some sort of wax: looks light-weighted and flexible, but also resistant and difficult to cut.

about the trees: if you want something to burn the crash site is full of wooden splinters. Cutting a large piece of canvas will require you at least a couple of minutes.

GimliFett
2008-05-13, 12:16 PM
Glankas Deepseeker

"Can you move?" the dwarf asks. "If you can, you should move to the fire, there," Glankas points to the growing fire. "Otherwise, can you wait while I check on these others?"

Walter
2008-05-13, 12:19 PM
Albrecht

Albrecht nods at the wounded dwarf's request, dropping a knee to the ground and taking the full weight of the wounded man. Holding the man in his arms, he staggers out from under the wreckage, looking for someone to help. A flash of white light, warm and comforting, catches his eye. "You there, cleric!" Albrecht calls out to Glankas, who's just healed someone. "This man need immediate care, please hurry!"

OOC: Strength check to move the guy: [roll0] - Currently I am carrying no weight, but since the man is probably more than 150 lbs, I'll only be able to hold and stagger slowly outside; 5 ft. per round.

Felnris
2008-05-13, 12:42 PM
Temil begins to saw at the balloon trying to cut out 6 foot square pieces that can be used as mats to keep the unconcious out of the snow while they are being tended.

Thalmor
2008-05-13, 12:42 PM
Xavorin

Cursing the cold, Xavorin grits his teeth and attempts to pick the lock one more time.

[roll0]

If I don't succed, I will try to see if my cloak will fit under the door, and try to pudh the key out to fall on the cloak, if the cloak is to thick to fit under the door I will try to find some parchment. If that all fails I will try to break the door down.

Silent Musician
2008-05-13, 02:27 PM
Thomral hands his winter blanket to the child that is placed near the fireplace. Getting to his feet, he makes his way over to any of the people alive, helping to lead them toward the fire.

"Sit here." Looking at the remaining dead bodies, he knew he was going to have to take up the task of burying them each. A sad ending to see, but at least they were in a better place.

King Tius
2008-05-13, 04:23 PM
Since nobody answered Hywel's introduction (please tell me the PCs will talk to each other in this campaign...) he turns about feebly for a moment or two before figuring out what to do. "Um um um, what to do what to do! We have fire and plenty of wood. I've no hands for healing and lifting is for the big ones. What am I good at anyways?" The little gnome zones out again, lost in thought. "Oh! A roster! We need to make sure everyone is accounted for!" Hywel will scurry into the wreckage and look for a passenger manifest or something to that effect. Searching the wreckage he is likely to bump into Xavorin, who he will stop and ask to see if he's found anything useful. Hywel will join up with Xavorin and offer his aid in searching. "Quite a mess we're in here, isn't it?"

de-trick
2008-05-13, 04:46 PM
Carmon will see if the women needs any help, and if I can help at all. OCC heal check
[roll0] after I'm done with the women ill check the elf, if he's dead ill put his hands on his chest and ask where are we putting the dead.

----------------------------
guess im not team healer

Caracol
2008-05-13, 05:58 PM
The man Glankas healed nods, gets up and approaches the fire. He looks confused, but save. The halfling lady follows him near the flames, helped by Thomral. The child that the Paladin covered with his blanket hasn't opened his eyes yet, but isn't pale anymore, and probably will get well soon.

Everybody around hear Albrecht calling, carrying a bleeding man trough the snow and the wrecks. Tamil, still busy with the canvas, is the nearest one to them.

Trying harder than before, Xavorin manages to open the lock. As he moves in, he steps in a large puddle of blood: there's a body on the ground, with his skull cracked open by a blow against a small desk. It's the captain's cabin, and the man, easily recognizable by his clothes, it's the captain himself.
He's dead: nothing can be done to save him by now. On the desk and on the shelfs, Xavorin finds maps (almost all covered by blood), a nice dagger, and some useful navigational tool: a compass, an astrolabe, a portable telescope.
Do a search check if you want to found some more valuables.

Carmon isn't able to help the woman to recover: she seeks immediate attention, or else she will be dead soon.

The halfling is too far from the gnome to be reached, but Hywel's is able to be useful anyway: running tirelessly trough the area, and asking the others, he counts and lists:

- 1 old man, giving an hand to the rescuers,
- 3 safe people, by the fire,
- 3 people being rescued, two of them in critical conditions,
- 3 unrescued people, still in the snow,
- 27 dead people,
- a cage full of exotic birds,
- 4 large crates, one of them half full of food,
- a lot of objects, tools and useless junk on the ground,
- an angry dwarf with a broken leg in the right wreckage, along with two noisy (and smelly) pigs.

Felnris
2008-05-13, 06:09 PM
Temil

Temil looks over at Albrecht then sighs and puts down the cutting knife and moves over to where he is dragging the wounded man from the wreckage. "Put him down, you risk aggrivating and broken bones he might have recieved." Temil gives the man a quick cursory check.

Heal [roll0] and then administers him with a healing spell (Cure minor or Cure light depending on which seems more appropriate from the check.)

If it's a cure light [roll1]

Silent Musician
2008-05-13, 07:06 PM
Leading the people, Thomral heads back out, heading over to deal with the people still not rescued out in the snow. He was going to make those who still had a breath of life in them live through this day. He will feel too much guilt for those who die that he had a chance of saving.

de-trick
2008-05-13, 08:53 PM
Carmon seeing that he coan not help the women guides her over to the fire where the other wounded are and asks for a medic to help her.

Walter
2008-05-14, 02:22 AM
Albercht

Relieved to see someone come to help, Albercht thanks the healer. "Sorry about moving him," he says, clearly flustered and nieve, "I just didn't know what to do." Satisfied that the man has been properly tended too, he says to Temil. "My name's Albercht - if you need a hand with anything mundane or just need another person, I'd be more than happy to help." Not waiting for a response, his eyes look back toward the wreckage, "I've got some warmer clothes in storage, let me go fish them out, then I'm all yours." Albercht darts back to where he placed his things before the crash.

vargen
2008-05-14, 04:19 AM
Viol hurries over to the other man and the elven woman and checks them over for injuries.

Healing check on man

[roll0]

Healing check on elven woman

[roll1]

Caracol
2008-05-14, 04:45 AM
The wounds of the bleeding man start to magically close: he open his eyes and you realize that he's safe, but still badly wounded. He needs rest and a warm place to stay, and he will be fine.
Walter finds his things without worries. As he moves into the ship wreckage, he hears the dwarf that he met before: Can somebody help me? My leg hurts bad.

Helped by Thomral and the elderly man, Viol manages to help the last survivors to stabilize and to place them by the fire. There are only two more people that didn't received a first aid: a young woman, already taken by the fire, and another lady, carried by Carmon, in critical conditions.

The air temperature is cold, you don't feel numb for the weather condition yet, but you don't know how much you can last.

You have almost helped all the survivors. Cold damage will be the thing that you will have to avoid by now, (remember that you also have nonlethal damage due to the fall) in the OOC character I will post all the details needed to know.

de-trick
2008-05-14, 06:51 AM
Carmon

will help the old dwarf to the fire near the other wounded people

We have to build a camp either out of the wood or out of snow

Thalmor
2008-05-14, 07:45 AM
Xavorin

Looking around the room, Xavorin says to himself what a mess. Looks like I'm too late to help him. He surveys the room to determine if its capable of being a shelter for the surviors. I will put what ever items I can in to my backpack.
Then I will search the room.

[roll0]

OCC: I'm making up for all my crappy hitpoint rolls earlier

Edit 2: Before packing the maps and stuff in back pack I will try to clean as muc blood as possible from the stuff.

Lansier
2008-05-14, 08:40 AM
Mithros checks out the crate that his familiar has located, rewarding the the small animal with a pat on the head he picks it up an aloows it to return to her place in his backpack where it is shielded from the cold, he himself quickly returns to the fire.

Arriving around the same time as Carmon he hears what he suggests. "He's right, maybe we can use the wreckage as a shelter for now, if we fill up the holes with snow and wood, maybe we can use the balloon to, we will at least have shelter from the wind and snow. I also found some food, but the crate it was stored in was damaged, I don't think it will spoil but it might attract animals if we leave it out in the open.'' He says as he tries to warm himself at the fire.

vargen
2008-05-14, 09:34 AM
Viol nods agreeing at what both Carmon and Mithro said.

"Does anyone know how far we are from a settlement?"

Caracol
2008-05-14, 12:36 PM
The dwarf is grateful that someone helped him, and he introduce himself. Thank you, man. I'm Garth, and I'm... I was, the cook of this ship. I can't believe we are so unlucky to end up in a place like this, but then again, we are lucky to be alive, I guess... Is the captain alive? I didn't see him among the deads. A pain expression appears over his face, as he touches his leg. Damn it hurts!

All the survivors are now near the fire and safe: only the woman Carmon carried before looks really weak and needs immediate attention.

At Carmon remarkments, the old man with the green dress agrees. You're right, young one: building a shelter it's the only way to save our lives from the cold he says. His voice is calm and rassuring. Allow me to introduce myself: I'm Athelon, long time traveller. I'll give you all the help my old bones allow me to... But enough: we must hurry to save all the needy, and to get more blankets or fur clothes. A provvisory shelter should be done now: building a more solid one can be done later. We also need to gather all the food we could he says, looking at Mithros: We don't know how much we'll have to remain here, and we must protect it.
Then he talks to Viol: I don't know if there is a settlement nearby: chances and fate are against us now. Let's just think about how to survive the incoming night. Exploring our sorrounding it's something to be done really soon, however. And... he keeps, in a sad tone ... we must give the dead an appropriate burial. Death attracts crows, crows attract more death.
As Athelon ends his speech, the survivors that are in good conditions start to
give an hand in gathering wood to burn, useful items and helping Temil cut the baloon's canvas to make blankets for everyone.

In a small chest into captain's room, Xavoron founds 14 gold coins and a nice shappire. Nothing other valuables are around the room. Xavorin also recovers the maps, altough they are in really bad conditions.

It's middle morning, the weather is still cold and cloudy. 10 minutes have passed since the crash.

King Tius
2008-05-14, 01:07 PM
"Athelon's got it on the nose. We can't build a snow shelter big enough to house us all, so I think the hull is our only option. Let's get started on it then. First step is to make a door or flap to cover the large hole where the ship split. We can pile snow and stack boxes for the night if we have to. Who's coming with me?"

Hywel will orchestrate the building of the shelter since he isn't much for manual labor. Priority goes to the largest holes first. Also, if a hole in the "ceiling" can be made properly, a fire can be lit inside the hull (like a Native American Tepee). The fire in the enclosed space would act like a heater in a house and will (hopefully) make the inside super toasty.

Thalmor
2008-05-14, 01:24 PM
Xavorin

After completing my search I will head back to the fire and meet up with everyone, and to get help searching the rest of the hull.

When I get to the fire I introduce myself to whoever is there, Greeting all, my name is Xavorin, I have done a peliminary search of the main hull over there, The only survior was the boy I brought out earlier. The Captain is dead, but I did find his maps and navagiation tools. Not sure how good maps will be as they were soaked in blood. I will need help removing the dead and competing the search. We are going to need to work fast, to get ourselves set up to surive out here, till we figure out where we are and how to get out of here.

Walter
2008-05-14, 01:40 PM
Albercht

Upon finding his possesions, Albercht will add a layer of clothing -- including his winter garb; sling his backpack over a shoulder, and trek back to the fire. It seems that discussion of shelters and survival have already begun, and Albercht will listen intently. "Using the remains of the airship as shelter seem like a solid enough idea." He looks toward the gnome, Hywel, "Name's Albercht - 'got some skills in construction and smithing; if it's needed."

OOC: Assuming I've found my possesions in working condition, Albercht will look the site over for any salvageable metal that could be used for makeshift weapons later. Craft Blacksmithing: [roll0]; Survival: [roll1]

GimliFett
2008-05-14, 01:59 PM
Glankas Deepseeker

Glankas nods at Albercht's comment as he returns to the main group with his own gear. He hands his own winter blanket to the wounded man he had earlier healed. "Maybe I can help you, Albercht? I'm a weapon and armorsmith, myself. Glankas Deepseeker of Thautam," the dwarf nods his head and holds out his hand in friendship.

[roll0]; add +2 for metal or stone? :smallbiggrin:

dman11235
2008-05-14, 02:24 PM
As you work, you see a sled being pulled by five caribou, the lead one a little more muscular than the rest, come towards the crash site. As it enters the camp, it slows down to a trot, and eventually stops near the fire. The lead caribou unhinges itself from the harness, and then morphs into a human.

Is anyone still hurt? Asks the human, disregarding the (most likely) stares. I have some supplies, but not enough to feed and shelter every one here, I can shelter at most 4, and feed at most 10 for two days.

vargen
2008-05-14, 03:34 PM
Iantha walks over to the woman Carmon carried.

"How are you? Can you hear me?

Heal skillcheck
[roll0]

If not successful or she is badly hurt then;

Iantha shakes her head "This is not good, she is not responding, oh well, only one thing to do then"

She reaches inside her backpack and brings forth a Wand, mumbles a few words and touches the woman with it.

Wand of Cure Light Wounds

Heals [roll1]

If successful heal skillcheck;

"Good, she is out of trouble for now, if we just manage to keep her warm, she will wake up soon"

Felnris
2008-05-14, 04:26 PM
Temil.

Temil turns to look at the bad imitation of Santa Claus that has just arrived. "I think I speak for all of us when I say, "who the hell are you?"

dman11235
2008-05-14, 05:11 PM
I am Brother Wolfman, of the Naim tribe. I have been wandering for a while now, and I saw your ship fall. I decided it would be best to see if any survived, that I may lend assistance. says the newcomer, as he pulls out a healer's kit. Does anyone here still need immediate help?

Silent Musician
2008-05-14, 05:45 PM
A tent needed to be built. Several to be exact, but that will come later. For now, just getting things cleaned up was their first priority. The dead, at least.

His eyes look about for something he can use to dig.

If a search check is needed...
[roll0]

dman11235
2008-05-14, 08:04 PM
I begin pitching my portable hut near the fire.

We can use this to house to more gravely injured people. Here, I have a med kit, use this to help the wounded.

It will take 10 minute to pitch the tent, less if I get help.

de-trick
2008-05-14, 08:07 PM
Carmon intruduce himself too everyone near the fireCarmons the name, sword play the game, guess thats the last time ill go on a flying ship.

after carmon is done greeting with people he streches his shoulders and drops his backpack on the ground. He then cracks his knuckles and says whos going to help me start gathering some lumber

(question are we going to use the hull as a shelter or use the scraps to build a shelter)

dman11235
2008-05-14, 08:12 PM
That is why I trust my animals, they don't betray me and crash into a mountain. Help me get this hut pitched so I can go help the wounded by getting them in it.

We are on a mountain, right?

Lansier
2008-05-15, 03:33 AM
Mithros straitens himself up and introduces himself as wel. "My name is Mithros Tranyth, sorcerer by trade, I whish we could have had this conversation in a comfortable inn, but let us make the best of it. I will lend you whatever help I myself or my magic can muster."

Caracol
2008-05-15, 06:19 AM
Viol saves the life of the lady using a wand charge: all the survivors are safe now, they just need rest and prologed attentions to get well. The fire, however, is becoming too small for all this people: blankets and a solid shelter is what is needed now.
Athelon and the other survivors appreciate Hywel's idea: the left wreckage seems to be the one that fits best. It's less damaged, with different cabins inside and maybe easyer to protect from attackers.
Albrecth and Glankas find metal, but not suitable for weapons: it could be useful for some other tools.
The newcomer tribesman helps Viol with the wounded, Thomral and Xavorin drag the dead away to give them a quick but necessary burial.
(OOC: tell where you are taking the deads. You don't find any tool, but one of the survivors that is standing up hands you a shovel)

Everybody is busy at the camp: some are gathering blankets from the canvas, to cover themself and to buit tent for protect the ship hull from the wind;
someone is burying the deads, someone gathers wood for the fire, someone takes the wounded inside the hull as others build and modify its structure. Someone gathers all the food and the useful stuff he can, taking care of the few animals.

The crash sites is starting to become an organized camp, everybody is doing his part: but the few instrument you found, your wounds and the cold are making everything more difficult.

An hour passes, and some of you start to feel the chilling bite of the cold air.

Everybody except GimliFett and dman11235 do a Fort saving Throw. I'll consider different bonuses to your save depending on where you are and if you have a blanket or other shelters, so don't worry. If you have a Cold weather outfit or fur clothing with you and you didn't worn it yet, declare it to avoid the saving throw.

The map is updated, the red is the fire.

dman11235
2008-05-15, 07:11 AM
thank for the update

Leave the dead here for now, we must concentrate on building a shelter before them. If possible, no one will join them. Says the newcomer, pointing over in between the hulls. We can bury them later, for now we must concentrate on the living. Night grows close. Look in my sled, I have 10 days worth of fire wood, probably 5 days with the large fire we will need. You can also use that canvas to help turn the hull into a shelter. I have some other tools as well, but not for this many, I only packed for myself. We can worry about food and water tomorrow.

Thalmor
2008-05-15, 08:20 AM
Xavorin

Stopping for a moment while removing bodies from the hull Xavorian says Well Brother Wolfman, while I agree with you about burying them later, we still need to get the bodies out of the hull and away from the crash site. As the dead will attract predators. We also need to search the hull to detrmine if there is a way to heat it.

[roll0]

Caracol
2008-05-15, 08:57 AM
Upon an accurate examination, you see that the ship is divided in 3 sections:

The lower part is the cargo room, but it's almost empty, and with too low ceiling to allow you to stay comfortable in there (but high enough to store the big crates you found before). Snow filled this area due to the crash.

The middle section is 10 ft above ground, but easy to reach with an easy clim. It has 4 15ftx15ft rooms, and a small corridor in between. The rooms have comfortable beds, but no winter blankets or other valuables or useful items.
There are no other people inside.

The upper section is the one that Xavorin explored before: other than the captain's room, there are two more rooms, identical to the ones in the middle section. This part need a stair of some sort to be reached easily. There is a large trapdoor in the middle of the corridors, that opens to the ship main bridge, outside. There are a lot of hampen rope here.

This part of the hull is not too damaged after all. It's a bit dangling on one side, and need some adjustments to become a good shelter. You still need to create a system to heat it, and to get furs and warm outfits soon.

The right part of the hull is too damaged to be even considered as a shelter: but it could be a good source of wood to burn and planks.

Xavorin is not affected by the cold yet.

Silent Musician
2008-05-15, 09:18 AM
OOC: Thomral has on a Cold Weather outfit.

Thomral could feel the day becoming colder, but with his outfit, he was fine for a little while longer. Taking each dead body, he would begin moving them to the east, placing them up in a pile one by one, holding back his sadness for the dead with willpower as he continues to move them to one spot, about thirty feet away from the ship. Once they will be in a mass, he will see that burying them will be a horrible task that they cannot do with the closing coldness on them. Therefore, the only other option is...

"We must burn them, and return their bodies to the ash that they rose from when they were born."

Kneeling down, Thomral does a cross gesture at his chest with his right hand as he bows.

vargen
2008-05-15, 09:25 AM
Viol drapes her bedroll around one of the wounded, hoping that the fire nearby will keep her warm when the adrenalin drops off.

She makes sure that the wounded are felling well and that they are not suffering from the cold.

Heal roll for checking on the wounded

[roll0]

Fort save

[roll1]

Lang as a wolfdog should be protected by his fur.

Felnris
2008-05-15, 11:21 AM
Fort Save [roll0]

"He's right. Considering the amount of snow and how high we are the grounds going to be frozen solid, you're not going to be burying anyone, regardless of your reasons. Better to burn them."

Walter
2008-05-15, 11:44 AM
Albercht

Unhappy at not finding any salvagable metal, Albercht makes his way over to the fire. He'll spend the next while trying to stay warm, and lend a hand if needed. He'll also introduce himself to anyone that seems to be in a talkative mood.

OOC: Fortitude Save:[roll0], I have a Winter Blanket wrapped around myself as well.

Caracol
2008-05-15, 02:51 PM
Athelon's agrees with the Paladin's remark. Seems like the only thing to do now. A terrible fate they had, but there's no time for sadness now.

Viol continues to assist the wounded: she tirelessly gives medical attentions, and they are recovering quickly, some of them even awake.
But the cold and the fatigue don't help the druid: she starts to feel chill, and needs to stop.

You take 4 nonlethal cold damage due to the cold exposure. You also suffer of mild hypotermia, and therefore you're fatigued (A fatigued character can neither run nor charge and takes a -2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity. Doing anything that would normally cause fatigue causes the fatigued character to become exhausted. After 8 hours of complete rest, fatigued characters are no longer fatigued.)
A successfull Heal check could heal the hypotermia.

As Viol sits down to get some rest, Athelon speaks: This, as you can see, is the worst thing that we have to face right now. We could have survived the crash, but cold will take us one by one if we don't gather enough protection. The shelter in the ship could save us, but for how long?
Then, to everybody than is near the fire: I suggest an hunting mission, to gather enough fur from animals. We need to get it soon, and this day should not be wasted..
Then he continues: I suggest two groups, so you can take two different directions and spare more time. Remember that we need a lot of fur, so taking with you something that let you move trough the snow with heavy weights is necessary. The new comer's slender is just the thing you need: similar ones could be created with some wood and canvas. Also, remember that we are low on food, and the animals you kill are a source of nourishment like the others.

I'm too old to be useful to you, I'm afraid, but I will keep the wounded warm when you're not here. Some of you can stay here to guard the camp and building the shelter, but the others, please, be quick and gather as many furs you have. We need fur clothes and outfits for everyone.

Then, the elder man kneels down to help Viol recover her strenght.

dman11235
2008-05-15, 03:07 PM
I can lead the hunting part, it will be faster if we take my sled. I can take maybe three others if we unload as much as possible. I know of some good grounds near here for caribou.

[roll0] survival check if needed to know good hunting grounds near here

I I do not know of good hunting grounds near here:

I can lead the hunting party. We can take my sled, it will be faster. I can take at most three people. I do not know of any good grounds in particular around here, but with the sled we will be able to cover more ground and possibly find the grounds faster.

either way:

We might wish to take my portable hut with us, in case we get lost or cut off before night falls.

Thalmor
2008-05-15, 03:22 PM
Xavorin

I'm avaliable for a hunting party, however I do not have the necessary cloths for it. I think we should search the belongings of dead passangers to see if we can find some suitable cloths and equipment.

Walter
2008-05-15, 03:27 PM
Albercht

"I've got some skill at hunting game, and can go with you, Brother," Albercht says to Wolfman. "This terrain is considerably different than the highlands of my home, but a bow works the same no matter where you are."

GimliFett
2008-05-15, 03:40 PM
Glankas Deepseeker

The dwarven priest stands, one hand on his pick, the other tugging at his beard. "I'm not much good at hunting, but I'm plenty good in a fight. I can stay or go; whatever's necessary. Plus I have a couple of healing spells available. I'm Glankas Deepseeker, of Thautam, for those of you I've not met yet."

dman11235
2008-05-15, 03:58 PM
[roll0] how close do dusk are we? I'm pretty sure that roll gets it, since the DC can't be high to figure out rough time of day.

If close (within 2 hours): On second thought, night approaches, we may wish to stay and help prepare this crash for night, and we may have to go without very good shelter for one night. I don't think we will be able to return quickly enough.

if more than 3 hours: Unless someone else wishes to come in place of Glankas here, we will depart now. I hope to be back within two hours.

Silent Musician
2008-05-15, 04:19 PM
Glankas Deepseeker

The dwarven priest stands, one hand on his pick, the other tugging at his beard. "I'm not much good at hunting, but I'm plenty good in a fight. I can stay or go; whatever's necessary. Plus I have a couple of healing spells available. I'm Glankas Deepseeker, of Thautam, for those of you I've not met yet."
The Paladin walks over, placing a hand onto his shoulder. "Stay, my friend. Take some fire from this fireplace and light the corpses over there."

He points east. "I shall help lead one party. I'm use to hunting animals back in my homeland, so this should be no different. Just a little snow, is all. Who will go with me?"

Felnris
2008-05-15, 04:28 PM
Temil

"I'm no hunter but I have some experience with construction so I'll stay here and work to improve or structure. That said, it seems we are rather quickly giving up on obtaining help, or moving to safety. I recognize that we seem to have landed in a rather desolate area, but certainly Brother Wolfman knows how far it is to the nearest civilization?"

The last statement is more of a question as he turns to look at the unlikely arrival.

King Tius
2008-05-15, 04:46 PM
"Should I stay or should I go? If I go there will be trouble, but if I stay it might be double. Either way, I'll follow if you think I'm needed."

OOG: Any word on if I'm allowed my wand of burning hands?

dman11235
2008-05-15, 05:08 PM
I have been wandering this area for a while now, and the nearest civilization is quite a distance away. It would be best if we settled here until we can arrange for a better traveling method, and so the injured can heal. Right now I do not believe that there is any way to travel besides on foot and a few or my sled. I will get you back to your civilization eventually, I swear it, but for now it is best to remain here. We should at least remain here tonight, and we can discuss what's to come more readily in the morning.

That's a terrible pun btw.

If you feel you can be of use when hunting, you should come, otherwise stay and help with the preparations for the night.

de-trick
2008-05-15, 05:24 PM
[roll0] have cold weather and winter blanket also near the fire

I've spent time with elfs and learned the way of the bow, but I have near hunted before

Caracol
2008-05-15, 05:52 PM
@KingTius: I answered already in the OOC: you can't. If you started without one, you are without one. Sorry.
You can always craft it, however: I don't use exp penalities, but other systems (I'll explain better in the OOC if you want). Anyway, what about your saving throw?

de-trick: If you have a cold weather outfit on you don't have to perform a save at this temperature.

Post in the OOC character your intentions about what you're going to do: go with the east group, the west group, stay at the camp, do something different.

Also, you still have the nonlethal damage from the fall: you'd better heal yourselves up if you want to go anywhere and not die.

dman11235
2008-05-15, 06:18 PM
Shouldn't we go over who's in what part here IC, and just decide who's doing what in the OOC?

You should come with me then. I can teach you the ways of the hunt, I am of the age to teach others, but you are too old to under go the rituals. It does not matter much though. We can all learn.

vargen
2008-05-16, 12:29 AM
Viol starts to shiver and turns pale.

I need to stay here and take care of the wounded and sick, which now includes me and I needs to stay healthy to be able to take care of all of you.

With shaking hands Viol reaches after her Wand and activates it, she seems to recovered some color in her face.

Wand of cure light wounds

[roll0]

Heal on myself

[roll1]

Lansier
2008-05-16, 02:02 AM
Mithros nods and and aproaches the newcommer. ''I will join you then, I am not much of a hunter but I'm a fairly good shot with my crossbow and my magic will undoubtly be of use.''

Fortitude save: [roll]d20+2[roll] I am near the fire and wearing a winterblanket.
Edit: I made a typo on the roll, I'll repost it in the OOC.

Caracol
2008-05-16, 03:14 AM
Sorry Walter, didn't noticed it. Anyway, that's a failure: both Albrecht and Mithros take 4 nonlethal cold damage and have mild hypotermia by now.
Yuno is protected enough at this temperature range.

Remember: a blanket and being near a fire gives you a +7 to the roll, but also performing successfull survival checks gives you bonuses that you could apply even to the other's rolls.
So roll Survival before you leave the camp and every hour spent outside. You should'nt be so vulnerable to cold this way.

The cold already started to become difficult to resist: while the druid heals herself well, recovering her condition, two of you are overwhelmed by the freezing air and need some rest before to leave the camp for hunting.

Xavorin does not find any useful clothes on the deads :the need of fur clothes is becoming vital to the camp's survivors.

have you started to burn the deads already?

Lansier
2008-05-16, 04:37 AM
Shortly after offering his services and starting his preperation for the trip Mithros suddenly staggers and drops to his knees. "Forgive me, the crash seems to have caught up with me, I will be fine but I shall require some rest before I can go on."

Might as wel do it now, Survival: [roll0]

vargen
2008-05-16, 05:23 AM
Now when Viol feels alittle bit better she walks slowly around the camp and checks up on everyone.

She notice that both Albrecht and Mithros is very pale and gives them both a little pick-me-up

Albrecht

Heal

[roll0]

Wand

[roll1]

Mithros

Heal

[roll2]

Wand

[roll3]

dman11235
2008-05-16, 07:56 AM
Here, let me help you with the cold, I say to Mithros and Albrect.

[roll0]: Albrect
[roll1]: Mithros

survival checks to aid them with saves for the next hour, this one to aid with the last person to go east with me, if anyone: [roll2]

Caracol
2008-05-16, 08:14 AM
Viol's help makes the two humans recover the forces.

Some of the wounded are now awake, and starts to give an hand for setting up the hull and recovering all the useful items. It seems that there's room for everybody, altough you will be a little tight. The other part of the wreckage has a lot of planks suitable for a hut: but there's no time for this by now.

An hunting group is already setting up.

@dman11235: you need to roll for Survival once, no need to do it for everyone. Also, three 17:smallconfused:? You know that 17 is the "unlucky" number here in Italy ? :smallbiggrin:

I'll make a larger map to show you where is the crash site and other notable locations.

Thalmor
2008-05-16, 08:15 AM
Xavorin

Looking around the camp, Xavorin says looks like we only have enough for one hunting party, I'd join but I fear I would only slow you down. I Think I will stay and help get this shelter set up. The quicker we can get it set up the better chance everyone has of suriving. As he hands over the maps and navagiation tools to the hunting party, he says He you may find these usefull, good luck bring back lots of furs and meat.Looking at the mountains on either side of him, Xavorin says I think we should prepare a group to explore these mountains to see if there are any useful caves.

dman11235
2008-05-16, 08:25 AM
I'm scared now. I must be very unlucky. And all of those were below 10 for me.

Well, okay then. We will set out.

I'm not sure how much this will be of use, but you can use the tarp I have been using to cover my sled. I also have some rope.

I walk towards the sled, and start loading it up for the journey ahead. One day's firewood, the fishing net, two day's feed for the animals, one of the med kits, and the climber's kit. After it is loaded I call to the other three joining me: Come! Climb on, I will lead you to the grounds. There is no need to man the sled, just enjoy the ride.

I morph into the same muscular caribou that I was when I first entered the camp, likely drawing more stares. Ignoring them, I hitch myself up to the harness, and wait for the others to climb aboard.

Caracol
2008-05-16, 08:46 AM
MAP OF THE AREA (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=prj5WWVRRUXMGsS7oXlujBw)

also in the 1st post, as a quicker reference.

H is the hunting ground, P is an area of the River that is easier to cross without swimming, C is the camp.

If only one hunting group is formed, I'll assume that all the people that expressed the intention to go hunting will be with this group. If somebody whats to go west or somewhere else I'm ok: either way, please specify this before I open the Hunting Group thread.
The Hunting thread will be opened at 14.00 (GMT-5). See you later, gotta go seeing Iron Man :smallcool:

King Tius
2008-05-16, 10:42 AM
"Well I doubt I'd be much use in hunting. I'll stay and keep working on this shelter then."

Walter
2008-05-16, 10:56 AM
Albercht

As the temperature dropped, Albercht's movements slowed. His violent shivering a dead give away, new found friends quickly aided him back to health. Although still suffering a minor concussion from the crash, he should be up to the task at hand - Hunting.

OOC: I'm good to go with the east group -- enjoy Iron Man :smallbiggrin:

Caracol
2008-05-16, 01:16 PM
Only one hunting group, alright. Just two more people need to decide what to do. The hunt will start at 15.00.
@Pickles: if you are following the thread, please answer! where did you go?

@KingTius: please make your Fort save.

OOG: Iron Man was kinda awesome.

Lansier
2008-05-16, 02:57 PM
With the help of his new allies Mithros quickly recovered his strenght, thanking the druid he quickly sped of to gather his remaining suplies and get ready. By the time the shifter has readied his sled Mithros is ready and he quickly climbs aboard. ''Alright then lead the way friend...uhhh caribou.''

dman11235
2008-05-16, 03:02 PM
The caribou looks at Mithros with a sort of confused look, neighs, and looks towards the other two that will come.

de-trick
2008-05-16, 09:03 PM
Carmon pulls out his short bow. He then goes to sit in the sled, carmon puts his quiver to his side, he then throws his blanket over himself and waits to go

Caracol
2008-05-17, 08:28 AM
The hunting group is ready and leaves the camp. All the others at the camp keep building the shelter as fast as possible, and helping the wounded ones.

All the healers do a single Heal check to assist the wounded.
Every one that is building do a generic Craft check. If you have ranks in Craft (wood) or something similar, you have a competence bonus of +5 to this specific check.

Also, everybody except the ones with a Cold weather outfit on make 2 Fort saving Throw: two hours passes after the hunt group leave. If you haven't done the first yet, do it quick.

vargen
2008-05-17, 08:46 AM
Viol tries to help everyone

Survival
[roll0]

heal
[roll1]

Fort 1
[roll2]

Fort 2
[roll3]

Caracol
2008-05-17, 08:56 AM
Viol takes 5 unlethal cold damage and has mild hypotermia. The second save is ok. Heal check to cure hypotermia is needed.

You aren't able to help the others survivors very well, but none of them returns in bad conditions.

I'm keeping track of the damage you all have, and considering how much nonlethal damage you recovered too.

vargen
2008-05-17, 09:59 AM
Viol starts to feel worse again and picks up her wand again

Heal on self

[roll0]

Cure light Wounds

[roll1]

Silent Musician
2008-05-17, 11:35 AM
The paladin hands his bedroll over for someone to use to help them keep warm.

Thomral takes a stick of wood and takes it to the fireplace. Having the end lit, he walks over to the pile of the dead, and sets the stick against the bodies, slowly beginning the burning of the bodies. Stepping back, he does a cross sign on his chest once more, grieving of their losses before taking up his equipment and heading out south with the hunting group. Deciding to take lead, he heads toward the River. The "P" section.

King Tius
2008-05-18, 09:02 PM
OOG: Sorry, moved home this weekend, Fort saves!

1st fort: [roll0]
snd fort: [roll1]

Caracol
2008-05-19, 06:37 AM
KingTius, your character is not effected by the cold.

Felnris, you're the only one left that needs to do the Saves.

After that, everyone at the camp (Felnris, vargen, Thalmor, KingTius, GimliFett) please declare your exact position on the Map (the one in the first post).

vargen
2008-05-19, 10:57 AM
Viol is at U19 and Lang a25 with Guard order(against anything other then the survivors)

Felnris
2008-05-19, 11:57 AM
Temil is at I29. He's observing the surroundings, but paying more attention to what's in the distance that what is up close so he's kinda half guarding.

Silent Musician
2008-05-19, 08:48 PM
v29 for my character, heading out south.

Thalmor
2008-05-20, 07:57 AM
Xavorin

Ater the hunting party left, Xavorin would have returned to the hull to help get it ready as a shelter. So put me an N19

OCC: Did we find any tools among the wreckage, where we can pull planks from the other hull to close the opening to this hull.

Caracol
2008-05-21, 03:52 AM
EDIT: sorry, I swapped the threads[spoiler]

You all hear someone screaming inside the hull. Some of the wounded were placed there, in the rooms, to get some heat and rest. Probably is one of them, you can't be sure.

[spoiler]KingTius, place yourself on the grid.
Felnirs, do your saving throws.

Felnris
2008-05-21, 11:08 AM
Fort1 [roll0]
Fort2 [roll1]

Temil will immediately turn and run to the hull of the ship to check and see what's going on.

vargen
2008-05-22, 10:32 AM
Viol runs towards the screams yelling "Lang, defend me".

Thalmor
2008-05-23, 07:39 AM
Xavorin

Hearing the scream Xavorin, draws his sowrd an slowly moves toward the location of the scream.

[roll0]
[roll1]

King Tius
2008-05-23, 12:26 PM
Hywel the intrepid gnome was zoned out completely and staring off into space when he hears the scream. Sitting near the fire at V18 (I think that red box is a fire, right?) he quickly stands up and grabs his quarterstaff. He will follow behind Xavorin, using him as a sort of shield in case anything bad goes down.

Caracol
2008-05-24, 06:44 AM
You all reach the hull fast. The scream probably came from the middle section. but now it's all silent. The survivors that were working to create a heating system are scared and don't dare to approach the hull.

You can easily climb up there (a rope stair has been made), but you can't see from down here what's happening inside.

Map (1st floor) (http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=prj5WWVRRUXPo4e-KjOJxcA)
here's the map of the area. You can't see inside, but you remenber how the hull was made. There are four rooms, with 1 bed each: 4 wounded were put here to get some heat and rest.

Thalmor
2008-05-24, 03:24 PM
Xavorin
Moving slowly into the section I will search the area, and ontinue trying to listen to hear if I can determine the source of the sound.

[spoiler]

[roll0]
[roll1]

vargen
2008-05-25, 09:53 AM
Viol follows Xavorin after telling Lang to stay at the rope stair.

She also tries to pick up any sounds or clues to what is happening

Spot
[roll0]

Listen
[roll1]

Caracol
2008-05-26, 06:56 AM
There are two closed doors. The others seems to be open.
Xavorin can hear sound coming from the open doors. One seems to be empty, but Xavorin can see something that is trying to hide under the bed.
In the other one, istead, one of the survivors is threatened from what appears to be a white spider, large almost as its victim. The survivor seems asleep or fainted: the spider is about to feast on him.

Viol and Xavorin have a surprise round. Please indicate your exact position on the map. All the others that didn't climbed up already have to use a full round to do that. After that, please roll for initiative.

vargen
2008-05-26, 11:07 AM
Viol quickly summons up a flame into her hands, that she throws at the spider, then moves into the rum so that Xavorin can get in.

Ini

[roll0]

Flame attack (Touch]

[roll1]

Damage

[roll2]

Thalmor
2008-05-26, 12:15 PM
Xavorin

I will charge in and attck the spider

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

If I roll a Critc (19-20).

[roll3]
[roll4]

OCC: Crappy damage on the crit

Felnris
2008-05-27, 12:59 PM
Temil follows the others up the later and tries to find room in the small cabin to help fend off the spider.

Initative: [roll0]

I'll assume I am not able to make an attack this round since I'm one of the later ones getting into place.

King Tius
2008-05-28, 05:07 PM
Hywel climbs up and magic missiles the spider.

Caracol
2008-05-30, 05:38 AM
Xavorin stabs the spider hard, and the critter ceases to move, before the other can cast or climb up.
Some noises are coming from the closed doors.

Please declare your position on the map: also, roll for initiative if you didn't.

Order (so far, will be updated once everybody rolls)
1- Xavorin (X)
2- Temil (T)
3- Spider (S)
4- Viol (V)
5- Hywel (H)

Letters indicate your position in the map, W are wounded civilians, D are dead creatures.

King Tius
2008-05-30, 12:17 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Since he didn't get to use his spell yet, Hywel will move to the doors once he gets up there and blast whatever he can.

Felnris
2008-05-30, 12:58 PM
"Where did that thing come from?" Temil asks as he quickly checks the surroundings to be sure no additional creatures are present.

vargen
2008-06-01, 12:33 PM
Viol walks up to the wounded(in C9) to check him up.

"They must have slipped in by some cracks or something in the hull, we must make sure that this will not happen again!"

Heal

[roll0]

Thalmor
2008-06-01, 01:16 PM
Xavorin

Seeing that the wounded is being taken care of, If I know there is a spider at C3 will charge and attack it.

[roll0]
[roll1]

If I roll a Crit:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Caracol
2008-06-02, 04:08 AM
Xavorin cuts the spider, but the beast is not dead already.
Viol checks on the wounded, but she doesn't found bad wounds, other than the fall-induced one for the crash and a small bite mark. The victim seems to be simply asleep.

Felnris, do a Spot check, and declare your position (along with King Tius.)

Felnris
2008-06-02, 12:19 PM
Temil (C6)
Spot [roll0]

Caracol
2008-06-04, 03:26 PM
Temil can't see anything around particular around, apart Xavorin fighting with a large spider.

The spider under the bed tries to bite Xavorin.

Attack roll[roll0]
damage roll[roll1]

EDIT: the spider misses.

Viol's turn.
King Tius, do a spot check too.

King Tius
2008-06-04, 03:34 PM
initiative: [roll0]

Caracol
2008-06-09, 02:41 AM
Vargen, are you still with us? Anyway, 2 days of inactivity means you skip your turn.

King Tius, your turn: you already rolled for initiative, you need to do a spot check and to do your actions.

vargen
2008-06-09, 11:44 AM
Sorry, I missed that it was my turn, wont happen again!

Caracol
2008-06-14, 05:28 AM
King Tius loses his turn again. Xavorin, your turn.

Guys, I'm ok if you don't want to play anymore, just please let me know in advance if you won't reply, so we don't have to wait for you.

Thalmor
2008-06-14, 03:22 PM
I will Attack the spider again

[roll0]
[roll1]

If I roll critc

[roll2]
[roll3]

Still looking to play