PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Focus and the ToB

NobleSavage
2008-05-13, 12:00 AM
So I was looking over the ToB and it occurred to me that having the ability to attain Psionic Focus would allow for some nasty combos with the Diamond Mind Discipline. Take 15 on a Concentration check instead of a save? Yes please. I'm sure there are other uses, through the Psionic Focus Feats et al, so I was just wondering what other cheese is available. Just got the book, so if there was a previous thread about this or a passage specifically preventing this I'd appreciate the reference.

sonofzeal
2008-05-13, 12:24 AM
Deep Impact. Nuff said. :smallcool:

Reel On, Love
2008-05-13, 12:26 AM
Psychic Warrior 2 makes a great dip for Swordsages and Warblades.

Pick up Psionic Meditation as one of the bonus feats.

Deep Impact is a great use. You start as a Warblade 1, pick up PsyWar 1 and Psionic Weapon and PsyWar 2 and Psionic Meditation, and then take Deep Impact at 6th--you're a PsyWar 2/Warblade 4, with two third-level maneuvers, and you can make them touch attacks (and then regain focus as a move action). Which also means you can Power Attack like crazy.

RTGoodman
2008-05-13, 01:01 AM
and then regain focus as a move action

And pick up the Instant Clarity feat from ToB and gain your psionic focus as a swift action after successfully initiating a martial maneuver 3 times per day.

ToB also has the Psychic Renewal feat, where you can regain a maneuver by expending your psionic focus and spending power points, but I'm not convinced of it's effectiveness yet.

Reel On, Love
2008-05-13, 01:05 AM
And pick up the Instant Clarity feat from ToB and gain your psionic focus as a swift action after successfully initiating a martial maneuver 3 times per day.

Screw that. Thrice a day? Not worth a feat.