PDA

View Full Version : an idea for compedium to the maligned, forgotten...

Kol Korran
2008-05-13, 07:21 AM
note to moderators: your input here is appreciated, as i do not know how much what i'm suggesting is in line with the forum regulations/ rules.

hey all, me again. i was planning to write another entry for the "ode to the maligned, forgotten..." thread series, when i looked up some of the former ones, and some have allready kicked the bucket. so, i began thinking, and here is my idea:

to create a thread containing all the former revamped monsters (the ones i could save anyway. got 6 in total so far), and put each new monster on it as well. the idea is to create a sort of "maligned, forgotte or misundersttod monster compedium". this way, all of them could be accesible, and people could also create encounter ideas and relations between the existing mosnters (similar to what i added to the gargolye thread, if anyone read that post).

so, i wish to know which of you think it would be a good idea, who think it will be needlessly necromatic (it is partially so, i won't deny. though i do not seek any more responses on ideas that were allready written), and lastly- what can make the thread/ compedium more "user friendly", easier to read... (as i know osme of my former threads weren't that... approachable).

if people don't like this, then i'll let the idea go. so... what say you?

Azerian Kelimon
2008-05-13, 07:23 AM
We need Grues.

Because...

You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

Or purple worms. Because Gargantuan creatures never get love.

Pronounceable
2008-05-13, 07:56 AM
I've always been very fond of the sword spider...

This is a good idea. There's "From the Playground" at homebrew, a similar stickied "Ode to the Maligned" could work here. Of course there's gotta be a number of entries and more important, people willing to make more. I liked the Ode series, and do have a few ideas for this and that, but I can't probably make a whole Ode to the X entry. Probably there's more people like me. So you'll more likely than not need a few commited people. (or work a lot more)

It's my understanding that mods don't want forums cluttered with lots of stickies. A dozen or so entries, with more assured to come, would merit a sticky I think. A mod's opinion of sticky merit is needed here.

If willing people can be found and a mod agrees to this, I can see it becoming a good thing in Gaming forum.

bosssmiley
2008-05-13, 08:05 AM
We need Grues.

Because...

You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

The elemental Grues? Or the Zork Grues?
Because I'm partial to both evil toxic earth moles and to darkness-dwelling befanged evils...

Or purple worms. Because Gargantuan creatures never get love.

The Remorhaz! You gotta love any monster with a built-in fan heater. :smallbiggrin:

Azerian Kelimon
2008-05-13, 08:17 AM
Yeah, the only cool Gargantuan is the Rancor (And It might be Huge, not Gargantuan). It's almost as if that size cathegory is not there.

kamikasei
2008-05-13, 08:47 AM
Suggestion: make a post in the "...from the Playground" thread over on Homebrew and, whenever you do an "Ode" thread, edit in a link in that post. That will serve as your compendium, housed permanently within an already-stickied thread. For quick reference, link to the compendium post in your sig.

It's what many do for their PbP characters/games.