PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some help creating artifacts

Aleron
2008-05-13, 07:34 AM
Let me break down what's going on. My old DM created a campaign world and wour group ended up just running 1 game in said world, as most of the group hated it(he was using the Unearthed Arcana Sanity system heavily), so he has, for all intents and purporses abondoned the world. Myself and another former group member(We both moved about 300miles north) who actually LOVED the world are designing another campaign for it, 50 some odd years in the furture. Our character from the origonal game were turned into celestials by the Goddess(the only remaining deity in the world) and are acompanying her in her travles through the various upper planes and are looked at as patron saints of various different churchs in the world.

What I'm looking for are some artifacts that would fit each character from the group thematicaly, as they would have been "signature" items used by the party when they were mortals. If you willing I'll give a quick breakdown of each character, their signature weapon or some such...I just need ideas as to what would make a good artifact based on that, cause I'm stuck :/

Aleron Odgree(Me) - Monk
I wasn't able to do the monk-cleric-sacred fist, we were only allowed to have 1 divine caster in the group(that was for flavor/story reasons). His main/signature item during the time he was alive(Damn Dracolich) was his Monk's Belt. He was a flank-monkey/get in the way of damage headed for the Cleric type. Damage was weak(DM wouldn't allow me to use INA for some reason) so his best option was to run around the battlefeild, provide flanking bonuses for the others or do something stupid to pull agro off our overzealous Rogue/Dervish.

Eric Arder(also me) - Ranger
This was my second character, made after the monk died. He was a ranged bomber, highly Dex/wis/int. He was a race called Dindah(Human Sub-race for the campaign) that acts, in large parts, like Elves in most D&D(world was only Humans and monsters, no other PC Races). He was archery mastery, so, obviously his Bow was his OMG-stated item. He was the scout that would disapear at the beginning of combat then pelt the nastiest target with arrows till dead. Had a Wolf companion that was technicaly also a Dindah, and is still around now as a Large, Celestial Grey Wolf.

I'll post some of the other characters in a bit...at work:smallbiggrin:

Aleron
2008-05-14, 12:28 PM
The first one(and only atm) I did was for the groups cleric, who's soul was later consumed and used to re-birth a Goddess(no, she didn't become a goddess). This is meant to be a Major Artifact, so treat the powers as such and please critique. Also, any help with names would be welcome as I SUCK at namaing.
And yes, the head cleric in this homebrew world is called the Pope. Started as a joke/placeholder and then just stuck...don't ask me, I didn't make the world :-P

Cassandra's Artifact(feel free to suggest a name here. Cassandra was the character's name.)
<<Pope Medalion>>
The <<PM>> is an ornately designed Medalion made of Mithril in the form of the holy symbol of the Goddess. It is attached to chain of fine Mithril links and is worn around the neck as an amulet and provides a small amount of light as if softly glowing. The wearer of the amulet receives a +5 Divine bonus to all saving throws.

The <<PM>> has the following abilities
<<effect name?>>: 1/Month the <<PM>> can return a creature to life as if by the Resurection Spell. This requires no material Components and may only be used on non-evil creatures.

<<effect name?>>: 3/day the weilder can cast Mass Cure Critical Wounds at 20th Level

<<effect name?>>: 1/day the weilder can cast Holy Aura at 20th level

True Miracle: 1 every 6 months their weilder may cast Miracle without any of the material components. If the effect of the Miracle spell requires an XP payment, you pay only half the normal XP required. Once used the medalion stops glowing and all other effects can not be used for 1d4 weeks, at which point the glow returns. The Saving throw bonus functions through out.

Aleron
2008-05-15, 11:45 AM
Here is the second item. It was wielded, origonally, by a Bard/Rogue cross class(we were big into RP over raw power:smalltongue: ). Tried to get a good mix in there, though her RP tended to favor the Bard part more than the rogue

Siren’s Song
<<Don't have the descriptive fluff finished yet>>
+1, Hideaway, Harmonizing Longsword. It counts as a light weapon in all situations that would be beneficial to do so(as with Weapon’s Finesse), but as a normal Longsword in all other situations(as with weapon damage)

<<Effect Name>>: 1/day the wielder can cast Greater Shout at 20th Level

<<Effect Name>>: 1/week the wielder can cast Greater Invisibility on themselves at 20th Level. They may make a will save to go undetected by the effects of a True Seeing spell or similar effect, DC = 10 + Spell Level + caster’s Wisdom modifier.

<<Effect>>: 1/Month the wielder may cast Wail of the Banshee at 20th level