PDA

View Full Version : UK 4E Launch Event at The London Dungeon

Charity
2008-05-13, 07:01 PM
UK gamers (or indeed anyone willing to make the trip!) are invited to join Wizards of the Coast, the UK D&D team, and Leisure Games in celebrating the UK launch of Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition at The London Dungeon. The event takes place the evening of Friday, 6 June in central London.

Tied in to Worldwide D&D Game Day, which takes place the following day, the UK launch party will feature 4E play in the form of the WWDDGD adventure, along with D&D miniatures, Three-Dragon Ante, and Inn-Fighting. In addition, we’ll have snacks, drinks, and a load of dungeony goodness. Best of all, we’ll be joined by the UK WotC and D&D staff, along with lead 4E designer Rob Heinsoo, who’s coming all the way from Renton, Washington in the US. Rob will be available to answer questions, share a few secrets and sneak peeks, maybe run a couple encounters, and generally hang out.

Last year, Leisure Games and WotC hosted a WWDDGD event at The London Dungeon, and it was a real blast. With the unveiling of 4E, we’re looking forward to this year’s event being even more fun.

Festivities kick off at 7:00 PM and run until midnight Friday, 6 June. The London Dungeon is at 28 Tooley Street, SE1 2SZ, adjacent to the London Bridge tube station.

Admission is free, but there is a limit to the number of people we can accept so you must sign up in advance. To sign up, contact Leisure Games at 020 8346 2327 or [email protected].
From Enworld

Matthew
2008-05-13, 07:41 PM
Heh, heh. I bet it's already full! Hmmn, 6th June? 15 days before Wizards participate in Free RPG Day (http://www.freerpgday.com/) and start dishing out copies of a 'unique 4e adventure'. I don't think Leisure Games are even on the list for that!

Swooper
2008-05-13, 07:46 PM
Aww, man. I'll be gone home two weeks earlier.

warmachine
2008-05-14, 11:11 AM
'Phoned to try and book. Booked out since yesterday. Oh well.

Matthew
2008-05-14, 01:05 PM
Heh, heh. None too surprising. Not to worry.

xPANCAKEx
2008-05-14, 03:58 PM
wow... think of all the people you could bully for lunch money in one place

Saph
2008-05-14, 06:10 PM
wow... think of all the people you could bully for lunch money in one place

You're welcome to try. :P

I'll be there, though it seems I'll be the only one from these boards who will be!

- Saph

_Puppetmaster_
2008-05-14, 06:15 PM
It's Booked. Aww...:smallfrown:

@^: Lucky.:smallmad:

Charity
2008-05-15, 02:56 AM
You're welcome to try. :P

I'll be there, though it seems I'll be the only one from these boards who will be!

- Saph

Photo's or it didn't happen!

Someone had to.

Ecalsneerg
2008-05-15, 01:54 PM
Couldn't they hold something in the Edinburgh dungeon too? :smallfrown: They stole our accents for their dwarves, at least give us something in return.

Tough_Tonka
2008-05-15, 08:50 PM
So is this London Dungeon the only big D&D release party? Is there going to be no big celebration going on back in the states? Heck I'd be willing to wait for a midnight release of the 4e, but I doubt Barnes & Noble will do anything special for that.

Totally Guy
2008-05-16, 08:11 AM
I'm closer to the York Dungeons now. Need to go there at ome point.

I hear there is a dungeon under Liverpool somewhere. Some rich guy paid workers to build it during some kind of recession to stop people from losing their jobs. That would be another place with a dungeon theme.