PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts on Gundam Seed/Destiny(Spoilerrific)

AtomicKitKat
2008-05-13, 07:32 PM
Ok, so I see all kinds of discussions elsewhere, and being lazy to sign up for those forums, I figure I'll bring them here, and maybe they'll spread elsewhere.:smallwink: Spoilers ho!

Being the Ultimate Coordinator simply means Kira looks exactly like he was expected to. It does not make him "uber".

Incorrect. He himself has explained that while Coordinators are "gifted" compared to Naturals, they still need to maintain training for those gifts. So in other words, he's already a step above Naturals. Being the "Ultimate" Coordinator, he also came out as athletic/smart/skilled/whatever as Dr Hibiki(?) intended, which was likely on the eugenically superior end, given that said Doctor likely used Al Da Fllaga's genes, but manipulated(which kind of makes him half-brother to Mwu, as well as the son/half-brother of all of Al's clones). Note that while Kira doesn't develop the "rival sense" that Mwu, Rau and Rey have until towards the end of Destiny, it conveniently occurs around the age of 16(like most mutant powers.:smalltongue:), so maybe he was just a little slower to develop it.

So-called "Newtypes"(Mwu, Rau, Kira) in Cosmic Era cannot compare to "real Newtypes" from Universal Century like Amuro and Char.

Point taken. However, here's a thought. What if the ones in UC are actually descended from the ones in CE? Ie: Kira/Mwu is the great^x granddaddy of all UC Newtypes.:smallbiggrin: It does make sense doesn't it? The powers develop over generations, as well as needing to reach "critical mass"(In this case, it's sort of like having a bunch of Tieflings in the family tree eventually "purifies" some children into Half-Fiends).

Lord Iames Osari
2008-05-14, 01:11 AM
Point taken. However, here's a thought. What if the ones in UC are actually descended from the ones in CE? Ie: Kira/Mwu is the great^x granddaddy of all UC Newtypes.:smallbiggrin: It does make sense doesn't it? The powers develop over generations, as well as needing to reach "critical mass"(In this case, it's sort of like having a bunch of Tieflings in the family tree eventually "purifies" some children into Half-Fiends).

It makes perfect sense, except for the whole bit about them being separate continuities, the UC theory of Newtypes having arisen in living memory (Zeon Zum Daikun), and the lack of Minovsky particles in Seed.

AtomicKitKat
2008-05-14, 04:06 AM
It makes perfect sense, except for the whole bit about them being separate continuities, the UC theory of Newtypes having arisen in living memory (Zeon Zum Daikun), and the lack of Minovsky particles in Seed.

Handwaving, "living memory" is a tricky thing(see Thraddash)*, and not discovered != not existing.:smallbiggrin: It's just something I thought about the other day.

*For those who never played Star Control 2, the Thraddash blasted themselves backwards technologically some 13(20?) times, due to world-spanning nuclear wars. While they remember their histories somehow, they typically have to start everything over from scratch(or at least late Stone Age).