PDA

View Full Version : Something hilarious

Tadpole
2008-05-13, 09:39 PM
Anyone who is depressed, this (http://headshotoverload.blogspot.com/2008/05/dancing-gone-wrong.html) will certainly cheer you up. Well, if you're chaotic. If you're lawful you'll still find it funny, but you'll feel guilty about it! :smallwink:

Come to think of it, I don't know why I find it so funny. :smalleek: Am I secretly Evil?

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-05-13, 10:00 PM
Like a wet kitten, it's both sad and strangely amusing. He'll kaugh about this moment of shame when he's older.

Zakama
2008-05-13, 10:17 PM
I don't know what to think of videos like this. On the one hand, whatever happened is over and done with, the kid is fine, no biggie. On the other hand, it IS a video of someone getting hurt, and you shouldn't laugh at that.

Icewalker
2008-05-13, 10:20 PM
Often stuff like this is entertaining, but this...isn't. It's a kid who hits his forehead, quite hard, on a marble counter, followed by crying out in pain. Stuff like the Darwin Awards, sure, hilarious, this...not so much.

EvilElitest
2008-05-13, 10:26 PM
people suffering on the internet, the true happiness
from
EE

Mattarias, King.
2008-05-13, 11:08 PM
..Wow. Failure. :smalleek:

Whoever put this video up is a jerk.

Same thing happened to me as a kid, though. Wood table. Sharp corner. BLAMMO. Needed stitches, parents thought otherwise. I still have the scar. :smallbiggrin:

On the video itself, yeah, I chuckled a bit. The same kinda chuckle you chuckle when you see a kid fail at counting deku scrubs like you once did. :smallbiggrin:

..What? >.>;

Aereshaa_the_2nd
2008-05-13, 11:20 PM
It was funny up to the point of "Mama? Aii!". Then I got a twinge of extreme guilt.:smallfrown:

Raiser Blade
2008-05-13, 11:48 PM
It was funny... until the kid called for his mom. :smallfrown:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-05-13, 11:58 PM
Well, it was a bit of fun, but two things made me feel not so guilty :
It was his own fault, he shouldn't be jumping around hard(and sharp) things hyperactive.
He cried momma, not crying, so it couldn't hurt to much.

poleboy
2008-05-14, 01:06 AM
It was funny up to the point of "Mama? Aii!". Then I got a twinge of extreme guilt.:smallfrown:

Kids don't call for their mother because they're in pain, it's just to score pity (and attention). Kids are amazingly durable :smallamused:

Don't feel bad about it, hopefully he learned something.

SoD
2008-05-14, 01:17 AM
Oh...dear...that's just no funny *tries not to laugh*.

If it's been put on the internet, however, he's not that badly hurt.

Angafirith
2008-05-14, 01:31 AM
As someone who has done something like that twice (the second time being about 13 years ago), I seem to have a hard time finding it funny.

Solo
2008-05-14, 01:32 AM
Oh...dear...that's just no funny *tries not to laugh*.

If it's been put on the internet, however, he's not that badly hurt.

Excuse me while I put on my sunglasses. You are blinding me iwh your logic.

Mando Knight
2008-05-14, 09:37 AM
Excuse me while I put on my sunglasses. You are blinding me iwh your logic.

I read the thread and watched the video with a completely straight face until I read this...

I found nothing funny about the video at all.

Castaras
2008-05-14, 09:43 AM
Likewise...how is that funny? It's sad...

Especially when he cries for his mum.

Terumitsu
2008-05-14, 09:48 AM
I fail to see the humor in this. I mean, even though it wasn't serious, it's still leaving a bad taste in my mouth....

If someone is going to get hurt for something to be funny, it has to be both accidental AND spectacular... No 'Jackass' dolts for me, thank you.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-14, 11:33 AM
I fail to see the humor in this. I mean, even though it wasn't serious, it's still leaving a bad taste in my mouth....

If someone is going to get hurt for something to be funny, it has to be both accidental AND spectacular... No 'Jackass' dolts for me, thank you.

Ah, Teru, and that's an example of how we're complete opposites.
And we still manage to be, like, awesome friends.

I found it hilarious.
Its the Chaotic Evil in me.

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-05-14, 11:41 AM
Hypersensitive much folks? There wasn't even blood on the countertop. Head wounds bleed TERRIBLY when they are even remotely serious (I'd know better than many, check the photo thread). He wasn't crying, he was calling for some pity. The kid was startled more than anything. The humor comes from seeing someone try to show off, and have it bite them in the butt.

It reminds me of the time I tried to deflect my brother's shot into our bedroom hoop with a pump kick. I slipped on the hardwood floor (was in socks, stupid me) and got the wind knocked out of me when I backflopped on the floor. I could not breathe for a sec and it hurt a good bit, but it was (and still is) a funny moment to reflect upon.

Madmal
2008-05-14, 01:54 PM
I agree with Hadrian here, and this coming from someone who frecuently trips on stairs, and has a crack on the head due to fall into concrete due to clumsynes and ear problems.

i agree, at least i felt a little guilty, but then i remember that my cousin used the same tone when when she ran out of candy, (and she was eating them right in front of me with a expression "you can't eat them, i can, and even if you ask, i won't share") (i have a condition that makes my insuline skyrocket when i have too much sugar and other stuff.)

Most kids are quite resistant, since their bones are still growing, and they are also big showoffs and like to be the center of attention. I no longer feel regrets about laughing, and if he gets wiser by this experience, he'll laugh about his own foolishness too.:smallamused:

Don Julio Anejo
2008-05-14, 09:00 PM
Hey, nothing to laugh at!! Some people still walk into corners and get hit by parked cars... It's a big problem for them :biggrin: But also a good source of slapstick comedy for their friends...

Phase
2008-05-14, 09:27 PM
I did not find this funny at all. Until I realized he was asking for it. Newton's fourth law of motion: An object at motion, that is being recorded and can feel pain, stays in motion until it is harmed just enough to feel a lot of pain, but not enough to actually stop the object from posting the video online. (see twelfth law of thermodynamics, Crotches catch fire really easily)

averagejoe
2008-05-14, 09:30 PM
That was completely unfunny. Slapstick comedy like that mainly serves as amusement for people without the intelligence for proper humor.

Now, if he had been hit in the nads, THAT would have been hilarious. :smallbiggrin: (What can I say? I'm a slapstick purist.)

Squidmaster
2008-05-14, 10:48 PM
it's horrible, but I can't take my eyes off it. It's like watching a monkey swallow a hand grenade.

Zakama
2008-05-15, 04:11 AM
Looking it over more carefully, it looks like he hit the flat part of the counter, maybe from a slight upward angle, which could maybe give him a slight cut. I doubt that happened though. So what probably happened after this was just a ice pack to the head and 5 minutes later he's fine.

Project_Mayhem
2008-05-15, 05:53 AM
Heh, made me chuckle.

But then my favorite Cyanide and Happiness strips are the depression weeks.

Yes, I'm a sociopath.

reorith
2008-05-15, 12:33 PM
i feel betrayed and mislead. that just about as funny as this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR5mZqeDNtg).

Falconer
2008-05-15, 06:45 PM
A strange and potent mix of hilarity and pity/guilt (I'm neutral).

The kid's probably okay, otherwise I'm sure the video wouldn't have been posted.

@reorith: Why must you screw with our emotions? :smalltongue:

Death, your friend the Reaper
2008-05-15, 07:49 PM
Charity being caught by Trog trying out Thes' swimsuits and mistaken identity ensues! :smalltongue:

...Or is this not a thread to list something hilarious *Looks both ways before dissolving into the shadows*

Thes Hunter
2008-05-15, 11:40 PM
In the background a Trog is pursued into the hills by a woman wielding a two handed kitchen knife screaming "What do you mean that you couldn't tell because his legs were as hairy as mine?!"

Charity
2008-05-16, 01:58 AM
*hides epilator*

I haven't clicked this link so I'll make it clear that I am not talking about this specific instance however the idea that it wouldn't be posted on the internet if someone really got hurt is painfully naïve and certainly not the case.

Vuzzmop
2008-05-16, 03:47 AM
Wow. That was just a bit sick. I get how you could find that funny, hell, I even chuckled a little at the beginning. But it got sad at about the point where a small child was lying on the floor, nursing a head wound and sobbing. Anyone who could still laugh at that point has got to be one sick @#$%.

Project_Mayhem
2008-05-16, 06:01 AM
Anyone who could still laugh at that point has got to be one sick @#$%.

Yup, thats me.

Shraik
2008-05-17, 09:56 PM
The initial Thud was funny. Then kinda tactless

Jayngfet
2008-05-17, 10:14 PM
I found this funny, though I'm a sadist so my opinions not the norm here, I'm also chaotic and kinda evil(but only as a hobby), I found it funnier because that happoned to me a lot when I was younger.

Hadrian_Emrys
2008-05-17, 10:17 PM
Ooh, namecalling. I feel ever so remorseful now. :smallbiggrin: I should seek out atonement for the vile act of mocking a runt that startled himself while trying to showboat. Oh WOE!

littlequietguy
2008-05-21, 09:51 PM
usually I enjoy dark humor but for some reson I empathize with this kid...

oh right

*hides dark secret*

Tom_Violence
2008-05-22, 07:32 AM
This thread is significantly funnier and more tragic than that little video could ever be. :smallamused: