PDA

View Full Version : Most Fearsome BBEG and some such nonsense.

The Necroswanso
2008-05-13, 11:41 PM
The dark Lord, Chuckles, the Silly Piggy! Fear the mighty amulet of Hogswineboar!

http://file017a.bebo.com/1/large/2006/12/13/10/20263857a2831645567b514669882l.jpg

The Dark Lord, lord of all evil, master of magic, the one true ruler of Udrogoth.

Lawful Evil, Small Monstrous Humanoid

Hit Dice: 90d8+720 (1260)

Initiative: +26

Speed: 30 ft, 6 squares

Armor Class:73 ( 10 + 16dex + 20Natural +8 Greater Mage Armor +1 Size +8 Deflection +10 Insight ), touch, flat-footed

Base Attack/Grapple: +15/26

Attack: Any ray or touch attack attack +32

Full Attack: N/A

Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft

Special Attacks: Three Unmetamagic spells per round, Mystic Amulet Once per round

Special Qualities: Small Traits, SR 90

Saves: Fort +40, Ref +34, Will +50

Abilities: Str 36 +13 , Dex42 +16 , Con 56 +23 , Int 70 +30 , Wis 75 +32 , Cha 43 + 16

Skills: Concentration +49 , Craft Alchemy +63 , Decipher Script +33 , All Knowledges +63 , Profession +60 , Spellcraft +63 , Use Magic Device +31

Feats: Quicken Spell, Still Spell, Silent Spell, Maximise Spell, Enhance Spell, Empower Spell, Intensify Spell, Extend Spell, Enlarge Spell, Epic Toughness, Iron Will, Epic Will, Lightnign Reflexes, Epic Reflexes, Great Fortitude, Epic Fortitude, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (Ray), Improved Initiative, Epic Initiative

Environment: His tower in Udrogoth

Organization: Solitary

Challenge Rating: ???

Treasure: Amulet of Epic Armor +10, Bracers of Deflection +8, Amulet of Hogswineboar, Headband of Epic Wisdom +10

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Advancement: None

Level Adjustment: Alot, seriously.

This small, angry looking piggy stands on it's hind legs, It's thick eyebrows cap menacing round eyes. He wears a strange red amulet and a high necked cape.

Chuckles the silly piggy is an awakened familiar that eventually grew too smart, and too pwoerful for his master. Or...atleast people speculate.

Combat: Chuckles will usually suprise attack if possible with his mystic amulet, or a silent and still spell if there is dialogue. If not he will use his magical mastery to cast three spells per round. Otherwise he will simply blast them with heightened spells.

Mystic Amulet of Hogswinboar: This small red amulet, when worn by a pig, grants a +10 insight bonus to Armor Class. It also grants any wizards wearing it +30 Spell Resistence.
The Mystical Amulet of Hogswineboar can replicate any prepared unused spell of 6th level or lower the wearer knows, this is performed as a standard action.
Any caster with 25 Ranks in Spellcraft wearing the amulet has any and all damage originating from a spell reduced by half. This does not apply when the spell's cost is damage to the caster. This amulet as well allows it's bearer to apply any one metamagic feat to any one Epic Spell once per week.

Spells Per day: (10/25/23/21/20/20/20/20/20/20/10)

Spells Known: 0lvl: Read Magic, Arcane Mark, Detect Magic. (DC 60) 1lvl: Magic Missile, Detect Secret Doors, True Strike, Identify, Color Spray, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Reduce Person. (DC 61) 2lvl: Protection From Arrows, See Invisibility, Scorchign Ray, Mirror Image, Command Undead, Bear's Endurence, Bull's Strength, Owl's Wisdom. (DC 62) 3lvl: Greater Mage Armor, Explosive Rune, Clairadience/Clairvoyance, Tongues, Hold Person, Suggestion, Fireball, Displacement, Invisibility Sphere, Fly, Haste. (DC 63) 4lvl: Dimensional Anchor, Stoneskin, Dimension Door, Summon Monster IV, Detect Scrying, Scrying, Charm Monster, Ice Storm, Greater Invisibility, Animate Dead, Bestow Curse, Fear. (DC 64) 5lvl: Break Enchantment, Dismissal, Mage's Faithful Hound, Lesser Planar Binding, Summon Monster V, Teleport, Dominate Person, Feeblemind, Hold Monster, Cone of Cold, Interposing Hand, Wall of Force, False Vision, Magic Jar, Baleful Polymorph, Telekinesis, Permanency. (DC 65) 6lvl: Greater Dispel Magic, Repulsion, Planar Binding, Summon Monster VI, Analyze Dweomer, True Seeing, Greater Heroism, Chain Lightning, Mislead, Permanent Image, Circle of Death, Create Undead, Eyebite, Disintegrate, Move Earth. (DC 66) 7lvl: Banishment, Spell Turning, Phase Door, Plane Shift, Summon Monster VII, Greater Teleport, Greater Arcane Sight, Greater Scrying, Hold Person Mass, Insanity, Power Word Blind, Delayed Blast Fireball, Forcecage, Mage's Sword, Control Undead, Finger of Death, Reverse Gravity, Limited Wish. (DC 67) 8lvl: Dimensional Lock, Incendiary Cloud, Maze, Greater Planar Binding, Summon Monster VIII, Trap the Soul, Irresistable Dance, Clenched Fist, Shout, Clone, Create Greater Undead, Temporal Stasis, Iron Body. (DC 68) 9lvl: Imprisonment, Mage's Disjunction, Gate, Foresight, Power Word Kill, Crushign Hand, Meteor Swarm, Weird, Energy Drain, Soul Bind, Wail of the Banshee, Time Stop, Wish. (DC69) Epic: Animus Blast, Damnation, Eidolon, Enslave, Hellball, Nailed to the Sky, Rain of Fire, Ruin, Soul Dominion, Summon Behemoth, Superb Dispelling, Time Duplicate, Vengeful Gaze of God (Maximised by Amulet once per week). (DC 70)

Thoughts, questions, concerns? This is my first time making amonster in a long time, and my first Epic monster, so, constructive criticism helps.

Lorien077
2008-05-16, 03:46 PM
Oh gosh... I remember that show. >_< I can only imagine the humiliation when some PCs try to take this guy on.
What level are you targeting of PC group is supposed to be able to take this guy? Have you compared him to other epic monsters? Personally I think his stats, AC, and SR seem too high... unless you're trying to make another Sphinx, in which case you seem to be on track.
For this guy specifically though I think he'd work better as something maybe CR 5-10; a low level villain. Just seems more fitting.

The Necroswanso
2008-05-18, 02:27 AM
Sphinx? Care to elaborate?

The CR is left as "???" because unfortunately I have very little experience with building monsters from the ground up, and this is literally my first epic monster. I wasn't sure what to compare him to, as he really only had about 30 class levels, with extra HD of course.
I was hoping for a very high level BBEG, but wasn't sure exactly how it all worked out.

And ofcourse Chuckles can be a low CR, he's a recurring villain, they always get progressivley stronger, wink.
The original plan was to actually have it a CR 5-6ish replacement for Sunless Citadel's final battle. However it has been years since I played it (aaaah, kicking Meepo off a cliff), so I had little memory of what transpired..... Having successfully derailed it enough to take on every kobold in the keep single handedly in one combat.

Lorien077
2008-05-18, 11:16 AM
The Sphinx is a disturbing CR 100+ monster, I don't recall who exactly made it or where it came from, but yeesh.
To be honest I'd even power down Chuckle's "final boss mode" (i.e. last time the PCs fight him) to a CR 15-20. I do rather like the idea of him being the sunless citadel boss XD. (We never got past the kobolds due to excessive pkers. :smallannoyed: )
I think what bugs me about the build here is that well... to be honest he makes major deities look weak, which I think is a sign that he needs major powering down. I have no idea what his CR would be in his current state, sorry. >_<;;
Maybe compare him to things like Titans or the Tarrasque if you want to build him as an epic monster. I don't remember where I saw the stats but if you can find them checking for scale against deities might be a good idea too.