PDA

View Full Version : Someone with PC Assassin's Creed, help!

Enguhl
2008-05-14, 06:30 AM
For some reason (and yes, I have tried reinstalling) the game gets stuck telling me how to use the camera in the beginning and I can't get past it. I have downloaded a save game but it is 60% through the game, and I would like to play it myself. So if anyone has the PC version and is willing to do me a favor that would be great.

Favor: Get past tutorial and whatnot to the first part where you enter memories (so you can click continue button from main screen), on a save game with the name "Enguhl" (unless you already have a game, about there, I don't mind a different name). Then either post here, or PM me that you have done this, so I can give you my email and you can mail me the save file.

I'm sorry to ask something so specific, but I would really like to play the game myself, thanks to anyone in advance.

Jahkaivah
2008-05-14, 08:58 AM
The good news is that I have Assassins Creed for the PC, im willing to help you out, and I have created the profile name "Enguhl" which is save just after the tutorial (in other words when you leave the blue place and you've started progressing through the memories)

The bad news is I can't seem the locate my save files.

warty goblin
2008-05-14, 09:18 AM
The good news is that I have Assassins Creed for the PC, im willing to help you out, and I have created the profile name "Enguhl" which is save just after the tutorial (in other words when you leave the blue place and you've started progressing through the memories)

While I don't own AC PC, I'm betting the saves are in one of two or three places.
1) C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Games\Assassin's Creed
where Username is you username.

2) Stored inside the game folder itself. Probably something like:
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed\Saves or something like that

3) Hidden very carefully to annoy you. Open explorer, or whatever the Vista equivilent is if you are using it, and look around for a folder called something like My Assassin's Creed Files or similar. Might be in program files, I'm not sure.

Tonight I'll check my other Ubisoft games to see where they store the saves, and pass that on. Hope this helps.

Enguhl
2008-05-14, 01:31 PM

It will be under, C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME\Application Data\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed\Saved Games

Note: To get to the application data folder, either type in the address in an address bar, or in a folder, go to tools -> folder options -> view tab -> and click "show hidden files or folders. and for the files, just arrange them by date modified, and the ones you want should be at the bottom

Jahkaivah
2008-05-14, 04:04 PM
Ok... fraid I don't currently have access to the PC with AC installed, I promise ill locate these files and give you a filefactory link tomorrow.

In the meantime, have you tried using the "access past memory" feature in the Animus? Its basically a level select, so you can play earlier parts of the game, im not sure how far back it goes, but my guess is it might skip that tutorial section your having trouble with.

Jahkaivah
2008-05-15, 07:11 AM
Linky:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/3ef0b6/

Let me know if I uploaded the wrong one.

Enguhl
2008-05-15, 03:32 PM
Awesome, thanks.