PDA

View Full Version : Trapped in Sigil

Arakune
2008-05-14, 12:04 PM
So, my character learned the hard way that in Sigil you don't sell ANYTHING until you know for sure it's not a planar key. Specially if it will open a portal to the 1st layer of the abyss.

Putting that aside, my Wis 4 want to know what are the best all around spells to survive there.

His normal selection of spells are:

0- Detect Magic x2, Light x1, Prestidigitation x1
1- Grease x1, Mage Armor x1, Prismatic Spray x2, Magic Missile x1
2- Glitterdust: x1, Thasha's Hideous Laugher x1, Mirror Image x1

About what kind of campaign we have... the answer is mostly "yes".

Azerian Kelimon
2008-05-14, 12:15 PM
Your list is pretty good. Pity this adventure isn't about getting OUT of Sigil in the first place, because I would be able to provide much more advice.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-05-14, 12:35 PM
Yeah, getting out of Sigil is usually not a problem, it being the City of Doors and all. The problem is getting out to someplace you actually want to go, as Sigil is a vast improvement over, say, Cania. I assume your Wizard realized this and has decided to stay put to be on the safe side.

TheThan
2008-05-14, 12:50 PM
Yeah, that’s what I was going to say:
“How does one get trapped in the city of doors?”

Seriously your list looks good. I’d keep it.

Illiterate Scribe
2008-05-14, 12:51 PM
Yeah, getting out of Sigil is usually not a problem, it being the City of Doors and all. The problem is getting out to someplace you actually want to go, as Sigil is a vast improvement over, say, Cania. I assume your Wizard realized this and has decided to stay put to be on the safe side.

Well, it's conceivable, and very Sigilian in general, that the Portals just don't open for you; maybe Aoskar had a grudge against your great-great-great-grandfather that got caught in the workings, or maybe it's her Ladyship or the Dabus just screwing around with you.

Hectonkhyres
2008-05-14, 12:55 PM

Getting somewhere specific is a bit of a problem, but getting out to a place where you won't immediately die isn't. They have huge bloody caravans running out to bytopia and the outlands and anywhere on the material that can grow things at all times of night and day and you can join one of the damn things for a nominal fee. Somebody has to feed the millions of squishies wandering around Sigil and they have to be able to pay for their bread somehow.

Arakune
2008-05-14, 01:10 PM
Unfortunately we are banned by 4 material planes because we attacked a wizard that was making some experiments with the planes (creating and selling fiendish creatures) and we screwed the planes for some time. Then my char sold a key to the first layer of the abyss ("this FLOWER?!"), nothing too much since this IS the city of doors and the usual price for it are not that much for 12-15th level chars or maybe a 10-13th level party, but since the chaos (that we caused) resulted in some changes in the plane the price for it went to the sky and the number of demons upped 12% and the number of balors went from 1 to 13.

Oh, and my char got a daughter. A half demon (in this case a tiefling, he didn't wanted to play with templates this time) from the times when my char went by accident to the 67th layer of abyss.

Damn vague background... :smallannoyed:
At least I got a cohort/apprentice for free. :smallamused:

The_Snark
2008-05-14, 02:28 PM
Well, it's conceivable, and very Sigilian in general, that the Portals just don't open for you; maybe Aoskar had a grudge against your great-great-great-grandfather that got caught in the workings, or maybe it's her Ladyship or the Dabus just screwing around with you.

Alternatively, if you got on the wrong side of a very vindictive Power, you might be trapped in the Cage, in the sense that if you ever left you'd risk being snatched away into horrible eternal torment.

Then you just have to hope it doesn't just hire some berks to go in and fetch you out. I'm sure Sigil contains quite a few mildly paranoid refugees of this sort.