PDA

View Full Version : Giant in the Playground is at War...

nothingclever
2008-05-14, 08:54 PM
I know this would sound far more appropriate in the Other Games section but I already have a thread there about what I am about to explain and I was hoping in this casual forum I could further recruit support.

Currently I am president of Ukraine in Erepublik, a game where countries compete against each other, for alliances and so on.

I am running the Giant in the Playground party and have about 20 members from the Other Games board. We have been trying to build up the country's economy and everything about it in general. Unfortunately Romania has chosen to declare war on Ukraine in order to absorb it and possibly take over other countries nearby. Turkey is helping defend Ukraine but it needs 3 days for a Mutual Protection Pact from Bulgaria and possibly one from Hungary to take effect.

So I'd like to ask anyone interested in joining this game to fight our forum's control of Ukraine to visit the thread in the Other Games section I have liked to in my signature.

All you would need to do is make a post requesting an invite and listing an email address to send it to. The game itself takes only a few minutes each day to play. As soon as you join you could help fight for my party. Increasing the population of the country would help gain us sympathy as well.

If you feel this post is spam and no one replies I won't be bumping it just so you all know.

Szilard
2008-05-14, 09:01 PM
Yeah go Hungary! Whoo!

Oh right, takeing over the world...

Zakama
2008-05-14, 09:10 PM
Wait, so do we need an invite to join the game, or to join your party, or both?

Don Julio Anejo
2008-05-14, 09:18 PM
Can you just sign up to kick Romania's butt or do you actually have to play the game every day? (I'm lazy).

de-trick
2008-05-14, 09:22 PM
ill sign up to be a Cossack, waiting on email

TheThan
2008-05-14, 10:16 PM
I find it ironic that you’ve chosen the powder keg that is Eastern Europe for such a game.

But since I don’t know the rules of such a game (and I’m not terribly interested at the moment due to sickness), I’m afraid I can’t be of much use.

Vaynor
2008-05-14, 10:28 PM
I signed up for an invite.

Generic Archer
2008-05-17, 06:02 AM
consider me recruited

Shas aia Toriia
2008-05-17, 06:32 PM
I signed up, but how do I get a password?

Bayar
2008-05-17, 06:36 PM
Aww, but why not support Romania ? :frown:

Can you just sign up to kick Romania's butt or do you actually have to play the game every day? (I'm lazy).

It is a real country you know :annoyed: And it withstood alot of invaders. Heck, it conquered every other european nation in Battledawn (with help from Bulgaria) :smallbiggrin:

FdL
2008-05-18, 08:56 PM
I must say that I think this game is generally a bad idea.
You can have any kind of internet game without involving real world nationalities clashing with each other v.v Just what the world needs, virtual wars in addition to real wars...

SoD
2008-05-19, 02:38 AM
Consider me up (possibly) later. I'll do it when I get home (here home, not there home).