PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got the stats for a Lemming?

Frosty
2008-05-14, 10:56 PM
One of my players sort of requested a Lemming as an animal companion. If there isn't one already, can someone give me what they think would be the stat array of a typical lemming and I'll write up the rest.

averagejoe
2008-05-14, 11:05 PM
You could just use the statistics for a rat. They're very similar creatures, really.

Nebo_
2008-05-14, 11:07 PM
Lemming
Size/Type:Tiny Animal
Hit Dice:¼ d8 (1 hp)
Initiative:+2
Speed:15 ft. (3 squares), climb 15 ft., swim 15 ft.
Armor Class:14 (+2 size, +2 Dex), touch 14, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple:+0/-12
Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d3-4)
Full Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d3-4)
Space/Reach:2½ ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks:—
Special Qualities:Low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 2, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 2
Skills: Balance +10, Climb +12, Hide +16,
Move Silently +10, Swim +10
Feats:Stealthy, Weapon FinesseB
Environment:Any
Organization:Plague (10-100)
Challenge Rating: 1/8
Advancement: —
Level Adjustment: —

Frosty
2008-05-14, 11:31 PM
Lemmings have a Wisdom of 12?

Iku Rex
2008-05-14, 11:35 PM
Mouse familiar from Dragon Magazine, taken from this thread: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=48547&page=2&pp=15 .

Mouse: CR -: Fine Animal; HD 1/4d8; hp1; Init +2 (Dex); Spd 15 ft., climb 15 ft.; AC 20 (+8 size, +2 Dex); Atk none; SQ scent; Face 1/2 ft. by 1/2 ft.; Reach 0 ft.; SV Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +1; Str 2, Dex 14, Con 10, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 3. Skills: Hide +14, Move Silently +6, Swim +10.

Should work well enough for a lemming. I'd throw in some sort of rage ability, perhaps replacing scent. Not sure about the climb speed. Maybe burrow 5 ft would be more appropriate.

Frosty
2008-05-14, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the help everyone. Although I kmay lower the Wisdom just for hilarity's sake. It's sad when the average lemming is wiser than a human.

Jack Mann
2008-05-14, 11:55 PM
Frostburn has the answer. Page 45, with a bonus to spot and listen instead of the bonus to fortitude saves.

Iku Rex
2008-05-15, 12:11 AM
Frostburn has the answer. Page 45, with a bonus to spot and listen instead of the bonus to fortitude saves.It says to just use the rat from the MM. That's a terrible "lemming". And lemmings aren't known for being particularly perceptive. A save bonus against fear effects might make more sense.

Chronos
2008-05-15, 12:29 AM
All animals have a wisdom of at least 12. Does it really surprise you that the average animal has more sense than the average human? And lemmings are, at least, wise enough to not go running off of cliffs.

Nebo_
2008-05-15, 12:29 AM
Lemmings have a Wisdom of 12?

No, Rats have a wisdom of 12.

Patashu
2008-05-15, 01:17 AM
Disappointing lack of Blocker (Ex) and Builder (Ex) in this thread.

NEO|Phyte
2008-05-15, 01:19 AM
Disappointing lack of Blocker (Ex) and Builder (Ex) in this thread.

Don't forget Explode (Su) and Nuke (Su).

SoD
2008-05-15, 01:35 AM
Disappointing lack of Blocker (Ex) and Builder (Ex) in this thread.Don't forget Explode (Su) and Nuke (Su).

Ask and ye shall receive.

Special Abilities: A lemming can take on one or more of several abilities as a free action, however, a lemming can only take on one aspect a round.

Climber: the lemming gains a climb speed equal to its base land speed, allowing it to climb vertical surfaces.
Floater: the lemming gains the effect of a feather fall whenever it falls a distance more than 3 feet.
Basher: the lemming gains a tunnel* speed equal to one quater of its land speed. This ability is negated when the lemming reaches the end of whatever it's burrowing.
Miner: the lemming gains a mine** speed equal to one quater of its land speed. This ability is negated when the lemming reaches the end of whatever it's burrowing.
Digger: the lemming gains a dig*** speed equal to one quater of its land speed. This ability is negated when the lemming reaches the end of whatever it's burrowing.
Builder: the lemming gains a +20 racial bonus to craft (stairs) for one minute. This ability is negated prematurely if the lemming runs into a surface apart from open air and other lemmings.
Blocker: the lemming gains the 'immovable stance' as a 10th level Dwarven Defender. This ability is only negated if the lemming is killed, or if the ground underneath it opens up (due to a basher, miner, or bomber, usually).
Bomber: one round after gaining this ability, the lemming explodes, dealing 1d10 points of damage to any destructable surfaces within a five foot radius (living creatures are unafected, although undead and contructs are).
Nuke: this ability is used by a plague of lemmings, if they feel that they will be unable to complete their escape if cornered. Every single lemming in the plague gains the blocker ability.

All these abilities are extradinary abilities, except for 'bomber' and 'nuke', which are supernatural abilities.

*Tunnel: similar to a burrow speed, but only horizontal.
**Mine: similar to a burrow speed, but only at a 45 degree angle downwards.
***Dig: similar to a burrow speed, but only vertical.

Falrin
2008-05-15, 06:00 AM
So all Undead infestations are resolved by sending in waves of Bomber Lemmings? Nice.

Duke of URL
2008-05-15, 06:14 AM
Sure... give one player a lemming, and pretty soon they'll all want one.

Ecalsneerg
2008-05-15, 06:48 AM
Sure... give one player a lemming, and pretty soon they'll all want one.
And after a TPK, all those lemmings have to congregate somewhere... It all makes sense now.

Squash Monster
2008-05-15, 01:38 PM
If the entire party is awakened lemmings, can they take blocker, builder, ect as their classes?

SoD
2008-05-15, 01:45 PM
If the entire party is awakened lemmings, can they take blocker, builder, ect as their classes?

Good lord, are you asking me to stay awake all night designing about 8 base classes for lemmings?! Please don't...or I will.

My gaming group is going to kill me when I bombard them self destructing lemmings, and now they're going to have intelligent self destructing lemmings with class levels. And then they'll want to play as one.

Now, to the homebrewcave!

Kurald Galain
2008-05-15, 01:54 PM

Oh, sure, that's easy.

Climber - Rogue
Floater - Monk
Basher / Miner / Digger - Warlock with hammer blast
Builder - Artificer
Blocker - Crusader
Bomber - Warmage
Nuke - Mortiverse

Spiryt
2008-05-15, 02:16 PM
What's with Fencer, Balooner, Runner, Bazooker and rest? [/Lemmings2 the Tribes fan]

Frosty
2008-05-15, 02:25 PM
I now have an urge to design the stats for a Prinny.