PDA

View Full Version : Replacing accounts

Bayar
2008-05-15, 08:28 AM
If, for some reason, I want to make another account and abandon the old one, can I still keep the other stuff from my old account? Or is it illegal to create a new account?

NerfTW
2008-05-15, 09:09 AM
There's several sticky posts at the top of this forum on the subject.

Sticky thread on alternate accounts. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39599)

Try PMing a mod if you just want to rename the account.

Rawhide
2008-05-15, 03:06 PM
I'm sorry, there is currently no provision for changing your name and/or account. Abandoning your current account for another is against our current terms and conditions. This does not mean it will not be possible in the future but I am currently unable to set a date.

InaVegt
2008-05-15, 03:29 PM
I'm sorry, there is currently no provision for changing your name and/or account. Abandoning your current account for another is against our current terms and conditions. This does not mean it will not be possible in the future but I am currently unable to set a date.

If, say, there are special circumstances for one to need to abandon an account, what would one need to do to gain an exception?

Quincunx
2008-05-15, 04:08 PM
If, say, there are special circumstances for one to need to abandon an account, what would one need to do to gain an exception?

Oh yes, I'd love to hear this one explained. I can't get an explanation out of anyone who's moved to a new account.

The Rose Dragon
2008-05-15, 04:16 PM
One thing is if they hack your account. However, it has, in the past, been resolved through closing of the account for a short period of time and reopening later.

In my case, I wanted the account closed myself, due to personal reasons, and when I asked if I should create a new account or have the old one reopened, the answer was to open a new one. I don't know why it was so, but it was.

More than that, I don't know.

Rawhide
2008-05-15, 04:57 PM
In my case, I wanted the account closed myself, due to personal reasons, and when I asked if I should create a new account or have the old one reopened, the answer was to open a new one. I don't know why it was so, but it was.

It seems there has been a mistake, could you PM me the full details (previous account, etc) please?

Regarding special circumstances, you could PM/email myself or WampaX and it will be dealt with on a case by case basis.

Question asked, question answered.