PDA

View Full Version : Thog and threlka?

ABB
2008-05-15, 08:28 PM
I wonder if Thog and Threlka could be related.

They're both half human half orc, and both their names start with "th".

Could they be brother and sister? Maybe that would explain why their names both start with "Th", their parents named them similarly.

If they aren't related, I wonder if they could hook up someday...

OK, now someone do a thog and threlka kissing pic.

BRC
2008-05-15, 08:32 PM
This is ridiculous, I mean come on, Consider the obvious!

1 Therkla Is a Ninja
2 Ninja's are decietful
ERGO Therkla Is Decietful.

3. we have never seen Therkla and Thog together in the same panel.
4. We know a belt of gender reversal exists.
Ergo, Thog and Therkla are obviously one in the same. I mean come ON, a inhebrated hobo could figure this out.

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-15, 08:36 PM
*facepalm* Or they could be two completely unrelated members of the same race.

Bob and Ben both have names that start with B, and are both half white half black, surely they're related.

Ninjamuffin
2008-05-15, 08:43 PM
I mean come ON, a inhebrated hobo could figure this out.

So, any hobo, then?

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-05-15, 09:10 PM
So, any hobo, then?

Yes. ANY freakin' hobo! Even ones that have NEVER heard of the strip, or even NEVER heard of the internet!

There is only ONE family of orcs and humans, and they begat each and every half-orc ever to exist in this universe or any other!

Is it that hard to understand?

:smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

(To the OP: Yes, this theory has been suggested a time or two before. The standard rebuttals include the theory that there could be more than one half-orc family, or that Thog is from the Northern Lands, while Therkla is from the Southern Lands.)

gloomanddoom
2008-05-15, 09:49 PM
This is ridiculous, I mean come on, Consider the obvious!

1 Therkla Is a Ninja
2 Ninja's are decietful
ERGO Therkla Is Decietful.

3. we have never seen Therkla and Thog together in the same panel.
4. We know a belt of gender reversal exists.
Ergo, Thog and Therkla are obviously one in the same. I mean come ON, a inhebrated hobo could figure this out.

Both also like Elan, so this makes way more sense than most speculation on this forum.

BRC
2008-05-15, 09:53 PM
Both also like Elan, so this makes way more sense than most speculation on this forum.

Thank you, if you liked this theory, may I reccomend you try the whole line of Bloddyredcommie.inc brand crazy theories, including the popular favorite "Two V's"

Ganurath
2008-05-15, 09:53 PM
I just realized that there had never been an OotS style facepalm. This thread needs several.

Jayngfet
2008-05-15, 10:51 PM
No, just ...no.

Zone
2008-05-15, 11:16 PM
You guys do realize that Thanh is their uncle and/or cousin?

Trizap
2008-05-15, 11:25 PM
sorry, impossible!

as shown in comic #235 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0235.html), the belt doth not grow hair, and thog is bald!

furthermore, therkla is far too intelligent, has much better grammar and Kubota clearly stated Therkla had been his assassin for seven years (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0509.html) while Thog has been working with Nale since they first appeared!

this theory that thog and therkla are the same person has been proven WRONG!

ABB
2008-05-16, 05:16 AM
I never caught on to the fact that they both liked elan, that might add some merit to the idea that they are related.

As I said, it would be funny if they were siblings.

And hey, roy and his sister took very different classes and alignments, so brother and sister can have differing classes and alignments.

SoD
2008-05-16, 06:22 AM
sorry, impossible!

as shown in comic #235 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0235.html), the belt doth not grow hair, and thog is bald!

furthermore, therkla is far too intelligent, has much better grammar and Kubota clearly stated Therkla had been his assassin for seven years (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0509.html) while Thog has been working with Nale since they first appeared!

this theory that thog and therkla are the same person has been proven WRONG!

A) On hair: simple, Therkla/Thog is smart, smart enough, even, to *le gasp!* wear a wig!
2) On Intelligence: Therkla/Thog is smart. And charismatic. Smart enough to use those ninja skill points on bluff.
III) On timing: Therkla/Thog has ninja powers! If a pair of elves can teleport into each others places between panels, then so can this single being!
Lots) On the theory about it being proven wrong: I have just entered a simple, understandable, and, above all, logical way that the theory is correct. *nods*

Beholder1995
2008-05-16, 06:24 AM
I don't think it'd be very realistic to assume that Thog and Therkla could fall in love, as Thog is afraid of cooties. It's that simple.

Also. It's THERKLA. Not Threlka, not Thelkra, THERKLA. T-H-E-R-K-L-A :smallwink:

Zone
2008-05-16, 07:08 AM
Also. It's THERKLA. Not Threlka, not Thelkra, THERKLA. T-H-E-R-K-L-A :smallwink:
That's funny only when we are talking about Varsavious or Zyklon.

Laurentio
2008-05-16, 08:32 AM
As I said, it would be funny if they were siblings.
The universally known fact that "funny" is not a objective factor, and that what seems funny to you is not necessarily funny to anyone else, is an answer itself. And as it answers to your statement, it's frees me to retort something like "If they are siblings, I'll have to puke and curse the Giant for the cheap show of unimaginative dead-horse tropes".
Subverted if he manages to do in a thrilling or funny, and unpredictable way. The guy is a genius writer, could do it. In that case, I'll just build another statue in his temple.

Laurentio

Ganurath
2008-05-16, 01:46 PM
That's funny only when we are talking about Varsavious or Zyklon.Therkla has been spelled wrong more than both of them combined.

SoD
2008-05-17, 03:46 PM
Therkla has been spelled wrong more than both of them combined.

That's only because 'Varsavious' gets shortened to V nine times out of ten.

Green Bean
2008-05-17, 04:18 PM
Therkla has been spelled wrong more than both of them combined.

Nah, I think Xykon wins by virtue of his head start. Give it time.

ABB
2008-05-18, 03:50 AM
Another thing thqt makes me think that thog and therkla might be siblings is that thog was meant to be roy's bizarro in the linear guild, and we've met roy's sister, so it might be reasonable to assume we'd see thog's...

Raging_Pacifist
2008-05-18, 06:44 PM
Another thing thqt makes me think that thog and therkla might be siblings is that thog was meant to be roy's bizarro in the linear guild, and we've met roy's sister, so it might be reasonable to assume we'd see thog's...

That will hold when we see Thog's dead parents, grandfather, and little brother.

Sequinox
2008-05-18, 07:35 PM
Also. It's THERKLA. Not Threlka, not Thelkra, THERKLA. T-H-E-R-K-L-A

Also. Its THERKLA. :smallwink:

About the first opinion, the sibling thing, that came to me too. I like the idea. It seems impossible but who cares? I like the idea.

ABB
2008-05-20, 04:31 PM
Also. Its THERKLA. :smallwink:

About the first opinion, the sibling thing, that came to me too. I like the idea. It seems impossible but who cares? I like the idea.

Why impossible? How common are half orcs anyway? I assume most of them are the products of orc males raping human females, but if therkla's parents willingly had a child why not two?

Again, there are similarities between them as well, both having names starting with "th", both liking elan and both seeming not to be all that evil per se'.