PDA

View Full Version : tsukiko and o-chul?

ABB
2008-05-15, 08:30 PM
OK, i know the answer is probably "Plot device!" but seriously, i was wondering why tsukiko can't just dominate o-chul and force him to tell what he knows. She dommed that other paladin quick enough, after all...

Grey Watcher
2008-05-15, 08:33 PM
OK, i know the answer is probably "Plot device!" but seriously, i was wondering why tsukiko can't just dominate o-chul and force him to tell what he knows. She dommed that other paladin quick enough, after all...

Well, who's to say she hasn't? Redcloak claims to have tried everything, and still been unable to get any useful information out of O-Chul. Whether it's Tsukiko or some other caster, I'm sure Dominate Person comes under the heading of everything.

Besides, Tsukiko and Redcloak don't get along (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0457.html). She'd much rather hang with Xykon (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0541.html).

Mauve Shirt
2008-05-15, 08:37 PM
Tsukiko dislikes Redcloak, and like Xykon doesn't really care about strategy and Girard's gate. She just wants to watch the paladin suffer.

SPoD
2008-05-15, 08:59 PM
i was wondering why tsukiko can't just dominate o-chul and force him to tell what he knows.

Who says she didn't? We didn't see every spell that Redcloak tried. The problem is, O-Chul doesn't have the knowledge Redcloak wants. Therefore, the scene you're describing goes something like this:

Tsukiko: Dominate Person!
O-Chul (with swirly eyes): I am under your command.
Redcloak: Tell me everything you know about Girard's Gate.
O-Chul (with swirly eyes): I know nothing. Members of the Sapphire Guard are sworn not to—
Redcloak: Damn it! He's somehow able to resist your spell!

Alternately, you could make an argument that revealing information that imperiled the Gates would be so in opposition to the Sapphire Guard's primary purpose that it would allow O-Chul an immediate saving throw to overcome the charm/dominate/whatever.

Kato
2008-05-16, 01:54 AM
... Am I the only one expecting something else from the title? (damn, shipper everywhere... they I see them everywhere... yuck)

Alright, I think RC tried this for sure (either with her or another mage) and either O-Chul resisted or he just had nothing to tell, cause he simply knows nothing.

Bayar
2008-05-16, 02:04 AM
... Am I the only one expecting something else from the title? (damn, shipper everywhere... they I see them everywhere... yuck)

Wouldnt work. Tsukiko is a necrophiliac. But if you really want this, go to the House of Horrors (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73705&page=19) and request it. Or look through the thread and maybe you will find something...

And wouldnt O-Chul have some preety good Will saves? he is a level 12 Fighter (+4 Will), and a paladin (at level 2 he gets his CHA bonus to all his saves). So he could even resist being dominated in the first place.

kpenguin
2008-05-16, 02:05 AM

You're not alone.

Anyway, Redcloak probably used every technique known to goblin to try to force O-Chul to speak.

Laurentio
2008-05-16, 02:53 AM
I supposed we already meet the point where the true about Girard's gate is no more Redcloak's concern (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0548.html), and so this discussion became pointless.

Laurentio

Ceaon
2008-05-16, 04:40 AM
And wouldnt O-Chul have some preety good Will saves? he is a level 12 Fighter (+4 Will), and a paladin (at level 2 he gets his CHA bonus to all his saves). So he could even resist being dominated in the first place.

Not exactly. He's a multiclass fighter/paladin (not a level 12 fighter, he was a fighter for 12 years, which is something different). Both classes have the poor will save progression, meaning a very low base save for O-Chul. Also, he has charisma as a dump stat (see here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0545.html)), which probably means a negative modifier, so no bonus on his will save.

So, long story short, O-Chul's will save sucks.

ShellBullet
2008-05-16, 04:47 AM
Both classes have the poor will save progression, meaning a very low base save for O-Chul. Also, he has charisma as a dump stat (see here), which probably means a negative modifier, so no bonus on his will save.

So, long story short, O-Chul's will save sucks.

Not neccesity.

We don't have any kind of infromation about O-chulus stats, so we don't know how low is his lowest stats. He could have 16 on his charisma and it still would be his dump stat.

SoD
2008-05-16, 04:47 AM

No, he would not have pretty good saves.

Will and reflex are his bad saves as a fighter, and, yes, although he does get his charisma bonus to saves...however, as we see in comic 545 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0545.html), he was a fighter for 12 years (not 12 levels), and charisma is his dump stat, which suggests that he probably doesn't have a charisma bonus, and, even if he does, it's not a big one (+1, +2 tops). I'd guess his will save to be (assuming 12th level fighter, 4th level paladin, decent wisdom) about +6 maxish. However, even if he did have phenomenal saves, do you think Redcloak would've stopped trying Dominate Person/Dominate Monster after the first failure?

Edit: DoH! Damn Ninjas!

Sir_Dr_D
2008-05-16, 03:45 PM
You guys are thinking too much in D&D terms. Character wise O'Chul is very stuborn, and seems like a person who would have a high will save. I see charming O'Chul as something hard too do.

If you want to talk in D&D terms, from the way that he acts I would say he has a high wisdom score, and the feat that gives bonuses to will saves.

Timberboar
2008-05-16, 04:17 PM
I too expected a shipper thread about necromancy and the power of love to overcome all obstacles (like a pulse).

Beholder1995
2008-05-16, 04:18 PM
Right. And Will is WISDOM based. And O-Chul seems quite wise. So he may very well have a high Will save.