PDA

View Full Version : Red Rings of Death

Dumbledore lives
2008-05-16, 03:11 AM
Alright I got my 360 about a year ago and now it has the red rings of death. It was fine about 4 days ago and then I try to turn it on, it's dead. :smallfurious: I moved away so I'm not sure if I should send it in or what. I was wondering if any of the playgrounders had any advice or anything. And yes, I already checked and it has three rings. Is there any easy way to fix it or do I have to send it in. I f I send it in It'll be hell of expensive with shipping and it will probably take forever to get back here. This makes me really sad as I have been taking decent care of it:smallfrown:

Destro_Yersul
2008-05-16, 06:29 AM
Your best option is to send it in. It's still under warranty for this particular problem, as you only got it a year ago, and the only other way to fix this that I know of isn't guaranteed and involves voiding said warranty. it might be expensive to ship, but I'll bet you it's cheaper than buying a new one.

Myatar_Panwar
2008-05-16, 09:04 AM
Ok dude, the red rings is an easy fix. For any Xbox 360 that gets the red rings, the warranty is extended to three years. And guess what? Microsoft also pays for all of the shipping for you. I know because I had to send mine in about 5 months ago.

People seem to take this problem out of proportion. I had a friend that, fearing Microsoft wouldn't be competent enough to take care of this problem (I mean, how could they be competent? They made the problem right? How would they know anything about fixing the problem at all? lawlz), so he sent it to some unknown place somewhere in Kansas. He didn't get it back for 3 months, and it was still broken.

Lesson of the day: Microsoft is your FRIEND.

Holammer
2008-05-16, 01:39 PM
A friend of mine just had his 360 RROD a few days ago and he just plays some NHL casually on it. Another guy I know broke it in a week after some mad hat gaming.
But don't be afraid! Microsoft actually got good support here. Call customers support, they'll send a shipping box a.k.a "coffin" with instructions etc. You pay nothing except for the time waiting for a replacement. You will also get one month of Xbox Live Gold.

So, did you play a lot of GTAIV? Heard speculation that the game would cause a lot of RRODs due to its constant streaming of data.

Dumbledore lives
2008-05-16, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the advice I guess I'll just call them up and send it in. I just didn't think Microsoft was so good, because of it you know, being a big evil company. I'll be sure to send it in right way.

InaVegt
2008-05-16, 08:17 PM
Lesson of the day: Microsoft is your FRIEND.

No microsuck is not, but as microsuck tricked you into buying that malfunctioning piece of crap, they better fix it for you as they know what they did wrong.

Om
2008-05-17, 04:59 AM
People seem to take this problem out of proportionFrankly I'd consider it to be a major issue if a piece of hardware that I'd bought suddenly and arbitrarily stopped working and had to be sent away to be replaced