PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Football Team

An Enemy Spy
2008-05-16, 01:05 PM
I realize that the season is long over but I was just in the mood to talk about my favorite sport. What is your favorite football team and why? Mine is the Seattle Seahawks
PS. for all you non americans I am not referring to soccer.:smallredface:

Kyrian
2008-05-16, 03:16 PM
Indianapolis Colts.
Hands down.

An Enemy Spy
2008-05-16, 04:43 PM
Eh. my brother's favorite team is the colts. But only because he is an idiot who jumps on the first bandwagon he sees. I used to hate the Colts but now i think they're okay.

OwlbearUltimate
2008-05-16, 06:50 PM
New England Patriots
And I do NOT want to hear about last season, ok? :smallfurious: That was absolutely horrible :smallfrown:

EmeraldRose
2008-05-16, 07:09 PM
New Orleans Saints.

Although, Andre like the Minnesota Vikings.

We're a two team household...:smallwink:

I also think all those who like regular football should feel free to post their favorite teams as well. Why limit this to American football? :smallbiggrin: Confusion will only make it interesting.

someonenonotyou
2008-05-16, 07:42 PM
Detriot lions
yeah i know they suck so what i'm a real fan i like them no matter how bad they do

Midnight Son
2008-05-17, 12:41 AM
Detriot lions
yeah i know they suck so what i'm a real fan i like them no matter how bad they do
Mine sucks worse than yours, though, to be fair, yours has pretty much always blown, where the Miami Dolphins have won from time to time.

I hope they finally managed to get an O-line. Our quarterback woes could be fixed if only they had more than a second's time to do anything.

Trog
2008-05-17, 12:48 AM
The Packers, naturally. :smallbiggrin:

aapje
2008-05-17, 06:13 AM
I realize that the season is long over but I was just in the mood to talk about my favorite sport. What is your favorite football team and why? Mine is the Seattle Seahawks

Then don't call it football you infidel! :smallmad:

Scorpina
2008-05-17, 07:02 AM
Yeah, when I clicked on the thread title I was expecting it to be about a totally different sport.

Emperor Ing
2008-05-17, 07:44 AM
Trog, my brother would have your head. His devotion to the Bears is nothing less than fanatical.
I am a more moderate Bears fan myself though.

unstattedCommoner
2008-05-17, 08:44 AM
Eagles

Then don't call it football you infidel! :smallmad:

It's certainly not cricket.

SoD
2008-05-17, 10:33 AM
My team? Essendon Bombers.

And I knew you weren't talking about soccer. Although, it appears that nobody else here is talking about real football :tongue:

Woofsie
2008-05-17, 10:56 AM
Steelers.

Woo, go Steelers!

skywalker
2008-05-17, 01:05 PM
I expected to be the confused American taught a lesson about thinking my names for things are okay to use. Stupid Americans thinking their language is useful [/sarcasm].

Regardless, I have been a Colts fan since '98, and a Giants fan since '04. Kinda a Titans fan but they got rid of Pacman :smalltongue: I'm kinda a Jets fan since one of my English teachers is Chad Pennington's mom. But they don't play him, so I'm not really a Jets fan so much. Oh, and depending on what day it is, there's one more team I'm a fan of. In '08, that schedule looks like this:
Aug. 7: Baltimore
Aug. 17: Tampa Bay
Aug. 22: Philly
Aug. 28: Giants(Which I'm already a fan of)
Sep. 7: KC
Sep. 14:Jets
Sep. 21: Miami
Oct. 5: San Francisco
Oct. 12: San Diego
Oct 20: Denver
Oct. 26: St. Louis
Nov. 2: Indy(also I'm already my team)
Nov. 9: Buffalo
Nov. 13: Jets
Nov. 23: Miami
Nov. 30: Pittsburgh
Dec. 7: Seattle
Dec. 14: Oakland
Dec. 21: Arizona
Dec. 28: Buffalo

I know, I split my allegiances, what can I say?
BTW, OwlBear,
Pressure from Thomas off the edge...Eli Manning...STAYS ON HIS FEET...airs it out down the field...it is...caught by Tyree! Is that what you didn't want mentioned?

My favorite footy teams are the LA Galaxy and the U.S. national team.

OwlbearUltimate
2008-05-17, 11:07 PM
Is that what you didn't want mentioned?

Nah, I was talking about Spygate, what did you say about Eli Manning? (Complete memory erase of Super Bowl)

Midnight Son
2008-05-17, 11:59 PM
Nah, I was talking about Spygate, what did you say about Eli Manning? (Complete memory erase of Super Bowl)
Well let us refresh it for you. Apparently Eli managed to win a Super Bowl because the other team never showed up.

SurlySeraph
2008-05-18, 12:28 AM
The New England Patriots. They're not my hometown team, but I like them.

Zar Peter
2008-05-18, 06:08 AM
Ok, since real Football is coming to us quite soon:
My favorite team is Austria Wien.

And I got tickets for the quarter finals in Vienna!!!! I'm happy. :smallcool:
(For the few who don't know: European Championship in Austria and Switzerland)

Felixaar
2008-05-18, 07:17 AM
My team? Essendon Bombers.

And I knew you weren't talking about soccer. Although, it appears that nobody else here is talking about real football :tongue:

Boo! Get right out of town!

NORTH MELBOURNE KANGAROOS FOREVER!!!!(etc.)

Nah, the don's are okay. Atleast they have a decent anthem. But if any Crows or Saints supporters come in here... consider your species extinct!
(especially Fraser Gherig)

Thima
2008-05-18, 07:27 AM
Okay I don't watch football very much but I would have to say my favorite team are the Houston Texans.

Charity
2008-05-19, 08:52 AM
Luddites

http://buffalogeek.wnymedia.net/blogs/wp-content/blogs.dir/4/files/shipmentofFail.jpg

The Hammers

SuperMuldoon
2008-05-19, 08:56 AM
New York Giants!

Football is my favorite sport as well, and I enjoyed last season very much :smallbiggrin:

Woot Spitum
2008-05-21, 10:43 AM
The Dallas Cowboys.

d'Bwobsling
2008-05-21, 02:59 PM
New England Patriots even after the super bowl this february

Crow
2008-05-21, 03:06 PM
San Diego Chargers...so many bad years...oh so many.

Getting better though!

some_other_dave
2008-05-21, 04:10 PM
Daaaa Bearssss... Been a fan since the Bobby Douglas days, watching his helmet get knocked off seemingly every other game. Watched them on a black and white TV, getting the signal through a rabbit-ear antenna. (Uphill, BOTH WAYS! ;) )

Jeez I'm old...

-soD

Zar Peter
2008-05-21, 04:19 PM
The Hammers

So, Karl Marx, "The Hammers" is the Nick name of what English Football team?

hobbes543
2008-05-21, 07:59 PM
Manchester United and Fulham FC

Lady Tialait
2008-05-21, 08:33 PM
I lerve OSU Orange and Black forever! Go Oklahoma Cowboys!!! Pistol Pete forever!

Zakama
2008-05-21, 08:38 PM
About saying football vs soccer: Guys, don't make a big deal about it. They're just two different words used in different parts of the world. Neither one is "right" or "wrong".

RTGoodman
2008-05-21, 08:53 PM
I don't watch a lot of profession football, but I gotta go with the hometown Carolina Panthers. Of course, since most of my dad's family is from the Salem/Danvers area of Massachusetts, I've gotta throw in my vote for the Pats, too. (Of course, my high school is also the alma mater of players for both Carolina and the Giants, so I support them for that, too, since it's like a requirement or something.)

If we're including college/NCAA football, I gotta go with my alma mater, ECU - Go Pirates (ARG!).

Phae Nymna
2008-05-21, 09:25 PM
New Orleans Saints.

Although, Andre like the Minnesota Vikings.

We're a two team household...:smallwink:

I also think all those who like regular football should feel free to post their favorite teams as well. Why limit this to American football? :smallbiggrin: Confusion will only make it interesting.

Huzzah! A believer in our Saints! WHO DAT?

Don Julio Anejo
2008-05-24, 02:49 AM
Chelsea and Juventus.

Shikton
2008-05-24, 04:59 AM
Manchester United. They play proper FOOTball, not that silly renamed handball game you Americans go on about. :smallbiggrin:

And this (http://www.redcafe.net/f6/john-terry-photoshopped-204353/) is a little bit of fun for you non-Chelsea fans out there.

An Enemy Spy
2008-06-07, 11:41 AM
Manchester United. They play proper FOOTball, not that silly renamed handball game you Americans go on about. :smallbiggrin:

And this (http://www.redcafe.net/f6/john-terry-photoshopped-204353/) is a little bit of fun for you non-Chelsea fans out there.

This is exactly why I wanted to limit this to American Football. Almost every football forum I have ever been on has some soccer fan who feels the need to insult our game.

FireFox
2008-06-07, 11:44 AM
Green Bay Packers

Solo
2008-06-07, 11:45 AM
This is exactly why I wanted to limit this to American Football. Almost every football forum I have ever been on has some soccer fan who feels the need to insult our game.

It's not our fault you don't play real football :smalltongue:

bobothegoat
2008-06-07, 04:00 PM
Seahawks. Looking forward to another season of disappointing road games.

SurlySeraph
2008-06-09, 07:01 PM
It's not our fault you don't play real football :smalltongue:

Yes it is. You ruined it, with your low game scores and undercomplicated rules and refusal to let players use their hands and penalty kicks and insufficient violence and other such wussiness. We would play what you call "real" football if it was as awesome as REAL real football. :smalltongue:

KuReshtin
2008-06-13, 06:57 AM
Big D!!

Go Cowboys!!

randman22222
2008-06-13, 06:59 AM
Bayern München. What's this American football you speak of? I know only one football, and that's the game that actually uses your feet predominantly.

Why is American football called football? The ball spends much more time being carried...

banjo1985
2008-06-13, 07:08 AM
Green Bay Packers here, and Nottingham Forest for the other type of football. Strangely, I actually like both.

Harbajar
2008-06-13, 07:19 AM
For the southern hemispherians - well Down Underlians

Geelong Cats - Aussie Rules football
Melbourne Storm - Rugby League (keep them qld/nsw ppl hushed)

...and for those playing at "home" - ie the US - which ever team has Ben Graham formerly of Geelong :smallbiggrin: on its list

And them soccer fans - any team in navy'll do.

That should cover 'most' football codes out there - sorry rugby league

Quirinus_Obsidian
2008-06-14, 10:37 PM
Detriot lions

Woohoo! there is more than one of us!!

Klose_the_Sith
2008-06-15, 08:45 PM
For the southern hemispherians - well Down Underlians

Geelong Cats - Aussie Rules football
Melbourne Storm - Rugby League (keep them qld/nsw ppl hushed)

...and for those playing at "home" - ie the US - which ever team has Ben Graham formerly of Geelong :smallbiggrin: on its list

And them soccer fans - any team in navy'll do.

That should cover 'most' football codes out there - sorry rugby league

I'm at work experience wearing a Cats scarf

Also, they can't tell but my socks are Cats on ground ones

/loves Jimmy Bartel

The March Rider
2008-06-21, 10:27 PM
I like the Denver Broncos and the Minnesota Vikings.

Slash13
2008-06-25, 04:35 AM
The GREEN BAY PACKERS!
GO PACK GO!

Mouse Anderson
2008-06-25, 03:38 PM
In american football have been Cardinals fan since 1977 (No sense I guess)
In futbal, Bayern Munich for sure!

randman22222
2008-06-25, 03:43 PM
Wrong football, according to the OP, but Germany just beat Turkey!!!
3-2!

W00t!!

DraPrime
2008-06-25, 03:47 PM

Then start your own thread for you soccer weirdos. We'll entertain ourselves with a far more manly sport.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-06-25, 03:52 PM
Then start your own thread for you soccer weirdos. We'll entertain ourselves with a far more manly sport.
Big, buff guys in tights jumping on top of each other to play some handball. Very manly. Lol I almost got beat up in Mexico for saying this to two American college football players.

DraPrime
2008-06-25, 03:58 PM
Big, buff guys in tights jumping on top of each other to play some handball. Very manly. Lol I almost got beat up in Mexico for saying this to two American college football players.

It's manly because it's painful.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-06-25, 04:05 PM
But hand-ball. I dunno. Just that it doesn't sound that manly if you play hand-ball with other men.

DraPrime
2008-06-25, 04:08 PM
But hand-ball. I dunno. Just that it doesn't sound that manly if you play hand-ball with other men.

Well it isn't hand-ball. And any sport that can break your spine is manly. Or at least incredibly stupid. But in this case it's manly.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-06-25, 04:18 PM
You probably didn't get the point I was trying to make... I don't want to spell it out for you which kinda kills the joke so I'll leave it at that :tongue:

DraPrime
2008-06-25, 04:22 PM
You probably didn't get the point I was trying to make... I don't want to spell it out for you which kinda kills the joke so I'll leave it at that :tongue:

I get the joke. I was going to actually make a point that there was also quite a lot of kicking of balls along with grabbing, but I decided to bravely try to continue some sort of argument that didn't have any second meanings.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-06-25, 04:26 PM
I get the joke. I was going to actually make a point that there was also quite a lot of kicking of balls along with grabbing, but I decided to bravely try to continue some sort of argument that didn't have any second meanings.
What's the fun in that :amused:
Besides, hockey is better than either sports. Any sport where you can beat the crap out of the other team's player you don't like is a manly sport.

DraPrime
2008-06-25, 04:27 PM
What's the fun in that :amused:
Besides, hockey is better than either sports. Any sport where you can beat the crap out of the other team's player you don't like is a manly sport.

I'm pretty sure you can do that in (American) football. To a certain extent. Although I agree, hockey is damn manly.

Paladin29
2008-06-25, 04:36 PM
Real Madrid... ah... errr... you mean American football..:smallfrown:

Oregano
2008-06-25, 04:41 PM
American Football(not real Football) is just Rugby with armour and a helmet. I know that's a really big generalisation and probably not true but I couldn't resist.

DraPrime
2008-06-25, 06:01 PM
American Football(not real Football) is just Rugby with armour and a helmet. I know that's a really big generalisation and probably not true but I couldn't resist.

What, you mean like this?

http://www.martinawards.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/clickart/Knight%20Football.gif

Hallavast
2008-06-25, 07:29 PM
Da Bears... yeah... Da Bears

Although I like watching soccer, I'm not familiar enough with it to have any favorites yet. And what's with all that off sides bull crap?

Paladin29
2008-06-25, 08:38 PM
¿off sides?

Kai
2008-06-25, 08:54 PM
Joins the other Cheese Heads out there...Trog, FireFox, banjo1985, slash13...go Packers! :smallsmile:

Hallavast
2008-06-25, 09:03 PM
¿off sides?

Sorry. "offside" bull crap.

DraPrime
2008-06-25, 09:12 PM
Joins the other Cheese Heads out there...Trog, FireFox, banjo1985, slash13...go Packers! :smallsmile:

Packers? PACKERS!?!?!?! I retaliate with a GO PATRIOTS!

http://www.eteamz.com/2005GWPATRIOTSSOCCER/images/LETSGOPATRIOTS.jpg

Midnight Son
2008-06-25, 10:48 PM
Go Miami! Don't lose by too much...

Vibrant
2008-06-26, 02:15 PM
Minnesota Vikings although I also admire the Dungy and Colts, and not-so-secretly lust after Peyton Manning. :smallredface:

draco193
2008-06-26, 07:49 PM
Denver Broncos, til the day I die.

Occasional Sage
2008-06-26, 08:13 PM

First of all, people in more than just the United States are "Americans." And yes, I am a US citizen.

That pedantic rant out of the way, I'll say my favorite football team is the Portland Timbers (http://www.portlandtimbers.com/).

Midnight Son
2008-06-26, 10:41 PM
First of all, people in more than just the United States are "Americans." And yes, I am a US citizen.

That pedantic rant out of the way, I'll say my favorite football team is the Portland Timbers (http://www.portlandtimbers.com/).Please note that we are the only country in the Americas with the name America in the name of our country. Pray tell, what would you have us call ourselves?

Go Dolphins!

PhoeKun
2008-06-26, 11:07 PM
Please note that we are the only country in the Americas with the name America in the name of our country. Pray tell, what would you have us call ourselves?

Obviously, to call ourselves anything other than United Statesians would be so vastly insensitive as to infuriate two entire continents. After all, do you see people in Europe and elsewhere around the world referring to people from the US as Americans? Y- I mean... *cough*

edit: Oh, right. Go Pats. No more attempts at undefeated seasons, please. They are bad for my heart, and I'm already a Red Sox fan, thank you very much.

Slash13
2008-06-26, 11:17 PM
----
Hockey is the best sport.

But football is good to. GO PACK!

ALOR
2008-06-26, 11:19 PM
the Cincinnati Bengals
and The Ohio State Buckeye's

and if we are talking about the other football I really liked watching the Netherlands and the Germans play in the eurocup competition, but I guess I would have to go with the Columbus Crew since they are my local team :smallbiggrin:

ForzaFiori
2008-06-26, 11:26 PM
Carolina Panthers

and the Clemson Tigers