PDA

View Full Version : Variant planetouched(Peach)

Jayngfet
2008-05-16, 07:18 PM
The Planetouched
The planetouched are curious beings, dispite the first generation's dilluted outsider blood increased power manifest in powerful spells, to the thousanth generation afterwards they gain little in the way of power and often have erratic features, many can be grouped into catagories as discribed below, but even then look strikingly different(one brimstone tiefling is a blonde with red pupils, another can be a bleach blonde with pupilless yellow eyes, though all stink to high heaven!), another interesting feature is that one in one hundred children of a tiefling or aasimar is born normal of it's race(or half race) but it's own childern are once more gifted with the touch of it's ancestry, here are a few examples of planetouched.

Houndborn aasimar:

Houndborn aasimar are descendents of hound archons, they nearly always have rough crimson hair or a quick temper(though having both is not uncommon), they also often have doglike facial features and a red tint in their skin

Houndborn aasimar template: each trait here is in addition to the bace creatures racial features:
+2 Str, +2 Wis

darkvision out to 40 feet or base creature's darkvision, whichever is greater.

Spell like abilities:Daylight(1/day), Detect evil(3/day)

resistance to firc/cold/electricity5

Level Adjustment:increase LA by 1.

Lumen
Lumen are the descendants of Lantern archons and mortal men and women(don't ask me how this works, I'm trying to block out the mental images right now), Their eyes glow bright colors and their skin always seems to have a bright sheen, one of a lantern archons hallmarks is flight, which takes place despite the lack of wings on their back or any exterior help. They often attract attention wherever they go, often accompanied by suspicion due to their abnormal appearance.
Lumen template:Lumenr have the following attributes in addition to those of the base creature.

-Statistic adjustments:-4STR, -2 INT, +2 WIS
-Darkvision out to sixty feet or the base creatures darkvision, whichever is larger.
-Fly speed 20ft.(good).
-Light ray(Su): A lumen can shoot rays of light from the tips of it's fingers as a standard action once every 1d4 rounds, this light can travel 20ft. and deals 1d6 points of damage, Light rays are considered good aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
-Spell like abilities: Detect evil, aid, continual flame (3/day,caster level 1st)
-Damage reduction 5/evil

Favored class:Paladin
LA:+1

Scalefeather Aasimar
The Descendants of Lillend, they are often confused with slitherwing aasimar(who have coutal rather than lillends) due to their common serpentine features and wings. Acalefeather aasimar can be divided into three groups(two more coming soon.):

Scalefeather Aasimar(Spellsinger)
Of the Three scalefeather types spellsingers are the most well recieved, having few of their ancestors features(though most have bluegreen hair or a sicly green tint to their skin), all spellsingers have the ability to weave soothing magic through the songs from which they are named.

Scalefeather aasimar(spellsinger) template:Scalefeather aasimar posess the following traits in addition to those of the base creature.

-+2DEX, +4CHA
-+2 on all survival checks.
-Darkvision to 60ft.
-Spell like abilities:3/day- Detect Magic and Light; 1/day Charm Person and Sleep.
-+4 racial bonus to perform checks.
-+4 to Fort saves vs poison.

LA:1
Favored class:Bard

Scalefeather Aasimar(slitherer)
Strongest of the scalefeathers, these aasimar are often mistaken for slow witted due to their bestial appearance and strength, in fact, they are on average as intelligent as most other beings.

Slitherer template: Slitherers have the following traits in addition to those of the base creature.

-+6 STR, +4CON
-+2 on all survival and spot checks
-Spell like abilities:3/day-Darkness, Hold person
-Serpents tail:you have a snakelike tail in the place of you're legs, you have a base land speed of 20ft. and can constrict enemies with a sucessful grapple check, doing 2d6 damage, counted as chaos and good aligned for damage reduction purposes.

LA:+1
Favored class:Ranger

Issiraborn(link to race in sig)
Born from fiends who have redeemed themselves, these aasimar have a quick temper and have their ancestors flair for subtelty, many of their targets fail to realise what has happened until it is far too late.

Unfortunately, they are ill received by almost everyone, good creatures due to their fiendish appearance, and evil due to their celestial heritige.

Most issiraborn have the pale skin or small horns, a small amount of them have red eyes or nonfunctional claws.

Issiraborn template:Issiraborn have the following statistics in addition to those of the base creature.
--2INT,+2CHA
-Darkvision out to 40ft.
-Special attacks:Issiraborn have darkness and bless(1/day)

Favored class:barberian
LA:+0

Naamah:

Naamah are tieflings descended from succubi, they retain their ancestors good looks, but little else holds them together. The colour and thickness of the hair, shape of the eyes, and size of back bumps(if any) all vary(one Naamah has big eyes and penny sized bumps, on another one will find small eyes and quarter sized bumps, or no bumps whatsoever), they often have nonfunctional horns or small bumps of flesh on their backs in the stead of wings.

Naamah template: The following statistics are in addition to those of the base creature

-2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Int, +4 cha.
-Medium Size
-30ft base speed
-Darkvision 60ft. or that of the base creature, whichever it highest
-+4 bonus to Fortitude saves vs. poison.
-+2 Racial bonus to Bluff, Listen, Knowledge (the planes) and Spot checks.
-Resistance to fire, cold and electricity 5.
-SLAs: 3/day- Detect Good; 1/day- Disguise Self and Comprehend Languages.
-Gain claw attacks as natural weapons, see half-fiend for chart (1d4 for medium-sized creature).

Favored Class: Rogue
LA: +1

Brimstone tiefling:

For many tiefling the whiff of brimstone is inescapable, they give it off as a sign of their heritige, however some tieflings stink of it more than others, like sulphur their eyes are bright yellow and lack pupils(you look for pupils on a rock!), they're hair is a vibrant, shocking blonde with the slightest shade of red, nut most notable of all is their stench, under normal cercumstances so strong it can weaken a mans constitution, even when suppresed it is near unbearable. Due to brimstones fameous property of bleeding under the right conditions, they are often hardy and have much more blood than the norm of their race, this is most evident when they are cut or burned, when cut blood pours at double normal rate, and when burned they regenerate blood(they do not heal any hitpoints due to burning, though they are resistant to flames.

-+2 Con, -2 Cha
-30ft base speed or that of the base creature.
-Darkvision 60ft. or that of the base creature, whichever is bigger.
-Resistance to fire 5.

-Sulphurous stench (Su): You Reek of brimstone and have blood to spare, each round someone stands within ten feet of you must make a fortitude save (DC= 10 + ½HD + Con mod) or be sickened for 1d4 rounds. You can somewhat suppress this effect as a full round action, but everyone can still smell you within sizty square feet.

Favored Class: Barbarian.

Lesserwing

Descended from among the weakest fiends such as Imps and Quasits, Lesserwings retain their ancestors wings(hence the name) and smaller stature, they are also often paranoid of outsiders or greedy, some have long pseudo-claws fingernails, while others have minute horns on their head, a third may appear normal and be able to hide his wings in public as a perfect discuise of normalcy(though if it's race is rare in that area they still may have difficulty).

Lesserwing is a template that can be applied to any corporeal humaniod creature sized Small to Large.

-Lesserwing template can be applied to any corporeal humaniod creature sized Small to Large.
-2 Str, +2 Dex
-Wings: Lesserwings retain a small but functional set of batlike wings they gain a fly speed of half the base creature's land speed, or ten feet, whichever is higher, with average manoeuvrability.
-Size: The base creature becomes smaller by one size catagory.
-Resistances: Lesserwings gain Fire Resistance 5.
-SLAs: 3/day- Detect Good, Detect Magic and Invisibility.

LA: +1.

Vargouelle touched
Among the rarest of Planetouched, sometimes a being survives a vargouelles kiss, but http://www.giantitp.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=4331866
Giant in the Playground Forums - Edit Postbecomes psycologicly drained, it's descendent's often have physical characteristics that become stronger with age instead of weaker, roumer has it that many women die in pregnancy as their child has become like the enimy it's ancestors fought, infecting them from the inside out.

All vargouilletouched have thick red skin and glowing green eyes, on the generation before children are born as vargouille they have red wings with a 20ft.(good) fly speed.

Vargouille touched template:Vargouille touched gain the following features in addition to those of the base creature
--2INT,+2WIS
-Darkvision to 60.ft
-+6 to all hide checks.

Favored class:Rouge
LA:+0

A new(ish, it's not like you havent seen these before) take on an old concept, may I introduce you to more versitile standard planetouched. PC's too smug, alignment not confusing enough, just throw in an orge mage aasimar!

Aasimar

Aasimars are usually tall, good-looking, and generally pleasant. Some have a minor physical trait suggesting their heritage, such as silver hair, golden eyes, or an unnaturally intense stare.

Most aasimars are decidedly good-aligned. They fight against evil causes and attempt to sway others to do the right thing. Occasionally they take on the vengeful, judgmental aspect of their celestial ancestor, but this is rare.

-+2 Con, +2 Wis, +2 Cha
-Medium Size
-30ft base speed
-Darkvision 60ft.
-+2 Racial bonus to Diplomancy, Sense Motive, Knowledge (religion) and Knowledge (the planes) checks.
-SLAs: 3/day- Detect Evil, Protection from Evil; 1/day- Daylight.
-Resistance to acid, cold, and electricity 5.

Favored Class: Cleric

Tiefling

Many tieflings are indistinguishable from humans. Others have small horns, pointed teeth, red eyes, a whiff of brimstone about them, or even cloven feet. No two tieflings are the same.

-+2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Cha.
-Medium Size
-30ft base speed
-Darkvision 60ft.
-+2 Racial bonus to Bluff, Hide, Intimidate and Knowledge (the planes) checks.
-SLAs: 3day- Detect Good; 1/day Darkness and Cause Fear.
-Gain claw attacks as natural weapons, see half-fiend for chart (1d4 for medium-sized creature).

LA+1

Buarainech

Descended from the most powerful fiends, the descendents of pit fiends and balor contain terrible power evident from birth, few in most civilizations live to see adulthood due to their outright evil apperance and frightful power, most are killed at birth along with the mother. However several parents are equally frightful and often give birth alone and far away from those who would kill their children. Some evil societies breed Buarainech for their inherit power.
Buarainech are always among the tallest and heaviest of their kind.

Buarainech template:

-+10 STR, +6 DEX ,+8 CON, +8 INT,+6 WIS, +4 CHA
-+10 racial bonus to spellcraft, listen, and search.
-Darkvision out to 60ft.
-Fly speed 60ft.(perfect)
-DR 15/good
-Spell like abilities:Greater teleport(self plus 50 pounds), Blasphemy.

LA:+6

Thanks to Kizara for his relentless peaching and math skills.

Jayngfet
2008-05-17, 01:54 AM
Added brimstone tiefling and naamah templates to the list, more to come later.

Kizara
2008-05-17, 03:18 AM
1) Never use +1 modifiers.

2) Assimar LA already sucks, with your hound it would suck even HARDER, making it utterly unplayable.

Hound: +2 Str, +2 Wis, +2 Cha. Darkvision 60 ft, daylight 1/day, detect evil 3/day, Resist fire/cold/elect 5. This is a bit strong as LA 1, but that's alot better then a trash LA 2. Compare to goliath and drow. Take out one of the mental stat boosts and one of the resists if you feel its a bit much. It might be, btw.

3) I assume you mean that they now have +2 Dex, +4 Int, +2 Cha total? I don't really agree with that. Make it +2 Dex, +2 Int, +4 cha. Give them disguise self 1/day. Keep the rest of the abilities as written, and you are fine.
I'd change the normal tiefling to +2 Str, +2 Con, +2 Int, -2 Cha. Give them +2 racial to Intimidate as well as cause fear 1/day. Most evil outsiders tend towards Str and Con not Dex, and this is consistant with the half-fiend template.

Oh, and give both detect good 3/day, just to even things up.

4) Brimstone thing needs a Fort save, unquestionable (DC= 10+1/2HD+Con). Otherwise, its fine as an alternative to what I suggested above. Cha for Con is not an even trade, by far (Con is a very good stat), but the normal tiefling is so underpowered this would be fine.

Overall, nice idea and good start. Hope I've helped and I'd like to thank you for sparking me to do something I've always meant to (remake tieflings and assimars and add a succubus variant).

Jayngfet
2008-05-17, 03:32 AM
addad a saving throw to brimstone tiefling and getting ready for my next planetouched.

In other news. I just went up a rank *happy dance*.

Kizara
2008-05-17, 04:08 AM
If you are going to completely ignore 90% of my suggestions I'll cease attempting to give you feedback.

Good luck.

Jayngfet
2008-05-17, 04:58 AM
If you are going to completely ignore 90% of my suggestions I'll cease attempting to give you feedback.

Good luck.

you misunderstood the data, these go over any creature, and I added the LA+1 because they add much more than they detract.

I also took you're advice on the archon resistances

Djinn_in_Tonic
2008-05-17, 09:21 AM
1) Never use +1 modifiers.

2) Assimar LA already sucks, with your hound it would suck even HARDER, making it utterly unplayable.

Hound: +2 Str, +2 Wis, +2 Cha. Darkvision 60 ft, daylight 1/day, detect evil 3/day, Resist fire/cold/elect 5. This is a bit strong as LA 1, but that's alot better then a trash LA 2. Compare to goliath and drow. Take out one of the mental stat boosts and one of the resists if you feel its a bit much. It might be, btw.

Agreed on all counts. I'd be tempted to remove either the +2 Wis or +2 Cha though...Kizara is pretty accurate here.

3) I assume you mean that they now have +2 Dex, +4 Int, +2 Cha total? I don't really agree with that. Make it +2 Dex, +2 Int, +4 cha. Give them disguise self 1/day. Keep the rest of the abilities as written, and you are fine.
I'd change the normal tiefling to +2 Str, +2 Con, +2 Int, -2 Cha. Give them +2 racial to Intimidate as well as cause fear 1/day. Most evil outsiders tend towards Str and Con not Dex, and this is consistant with the half-fiend template.

Oh, and give both detect good 3/day, just to even things up.

Again, I must agree with our friend Kizara. A succubi outsider needs Cha as the highest stat. +2 Dex, +4 Int, and +2 Cha just doesn't cut it. Change it to what he suggested...it'll work much better, and make more sense.

4) Brimstone thing needs a Fort save, unquestionable (DC= 10+1/2HD+Con). Otherwise, its fine as an alternative to what I suggested above. Cha for Con is not an even trade, by far (Con is a very good stat), but the normal tiefling is so underpowered this would be fine.

Again. You know what I'm going to say here. It begins with "Kizara" and ends with "is right."

He didn't misunderstand the data...I took his response as being well aware of that fact, and still making the opinions he did because the planetouched are a very weak LA +1, meaning that things can be added without making them increase in LA. I find his comments insightful and well-reasoned, and would second his opinions instantly.

I'd recommend implementing most, if not all, of his suggestions. I think it will make the end result much better.

-The Djinn

Jayngfet
2008-05-17, 12:04 PM
*sigh* I know good ideas when I see them, I concede:smallbiggrin:.

Jayngfet
2008-05-17, 04:01 PM
added lesserwings to the list.

Next up, glow aasimar(don't ask me how that works)

Inyssius Tor
2008-05-17, 05:24 PM
1. Uneven racial modifiers scream "unprofessional!" It's just one of those things. Decide between +2 or +4, or everyone will look at you funny.
2. If they get a fly speed, what is their maneuverability (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#fly)?
3. Beyond the obvious stuff (hide modifier, AC, unarmed damage, et cetera), are there any other effects (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/improvingMonsters.htm#sizeIncreases) of that size change? You may want to spell it out.

Jayngfet
2008-05-17, 05:42 PM
1. Uneven racial modifiers scream "unprofessional!" It's just one of those things. Decide between +2 or +4, or everyone will look at you funny.
2. If they get a fly speed, what is their maneuverability (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#fly)?
3. Beyond the obvious stuff (hide modifier, AC, unarmed damage, et cetera), are there any other effects (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/improvingMonsters.htm#sizeIncreases) of that size change? You may want to spell it out.

Done and done.

Kizara
2008-05-17, 05:48 PM
Djinn_In_Tonic: Wow, thanks! Always nice to get a fan.

As for the new addition, here's what I would do:

Lesserwing

Descended from among the weakest fiends such as Imps and Quasits, Lesserwings retain their ancestors wings(hence the name) and smaller stature.

Lesserwing is a template that can be applied to any corporeal humaniod creature sized Small to Large.

-2 Str, +2 Dex

Wings:Lesserwings retain a small but functional set of batlike wings; they gain a fly speed of half the base creature's land speed, or ten feet, whichever is higher, with average manoeuvrability.

Size: The base creature becomes smaller by one size catagory.

Resistances: Resistance to fire 5.

Spell like abilities: Lesserwings can use detect good, detect magic and invisibility as per the spells three times per day(caster level equals hit die).

Level Adjustment: +1.

Edited and improved by your friendly neighborhood Kizara. :)

Djinn_in_Tonic
2008-05-17, 06:06 PM
Djinn_In_Tonic: Wow, thanks! Always nice to get a fan.

Any time. And as long as you continue to offer good, constructive advice, I'll remain a fan. :smallbiggrin:

Speaking of which...Jayngfet, you never updated the other races in the first post. You might want to get on that, or you'll receive the same comments over and over again.

Jayngfet
2008-05-17, 06:38 PM
Any time. And as long as you continue to offer good, constructive advice, I'll remain a fan. :smallbiggrin:

Speaking of which...Jayngfet, you never updated the other races in the first post. You might want to get on that, or you'll receive the same comments over and over again.

I tried, fairly sure I got some of it in but my computer isn't working well now.

Jayngfet
2008-05-17, 08:43 PM
I fixed the problem(some out of date programs, free update) and fixed up the planetouched.

A question to whoever's listening, what shall I do first, vampire candy, glow aasimar(this thread's a little tiefling heavy), or scalefeather aasimar(which may have to be divided into three templates)

Kizara
2008-05-17, 10:26 PM
Here are some revisions of what you have done, as well as reworking the original tiefling and assimar templates.

Steal as you would.

Aasimar

-+2 Con, +2 Wis, +2 Cha
-Medium Size
-30ft base speed
-Darkvision 60ft.
-+2 Racial bonus to Diplomancy, Sense Motive, Knowledge (religion) and Knowledge (the planes) checks.
-SLAs: 3/day- Detect Evil, Protection from Evil; 1/day- Daylight.
-Resistance to acid, cold, and electricity 5.

Favored Class: Cleric

Tiefling

-+2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Int, -2 Cha.
-Medium Size
-30ft base speed
-Darkvision 60ft.
-+2 Racial bonus to Bluff, Hide, Intimidate and Knowledge (the planes) checks.
-SLAs: 3day- Detect Good; 1/day Darkness and Cause Fear.

LA+1

Naamah

Naamah are tieflings descended from succubi. They retain their ancestors good looks as well as their fiendish features. They often have non-functional horns or small bumps of flesh on their backs in the stead of wings.

- -2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Int, +4 cha.
-Medium Size
-30ft base speed
-Darkvision 60ft.
-+2 Racial bonus to Bluff, Listen, Knowledge (the planes) and Spot checks.
-SLAs: 3/day- Detect Good; 1/day- Disguise Self and Comprehend Languages.

Brimstone Tiefling

For many tieflings the whiff of brimstone is inescapable, as they give it off as a by-product of their heritage. However some tieflings stink of it more than others, their eyes are as sulphur, bright yellow and lacking pupils.

-+2 Con, -2 Cha
-30ft base speed
-Darkvision 60ft.
-30ft base speed
-Darkvision 60ft.
-Resistance to electricity 5.

-Sulphurous stench (Su): You Reek of brimstone and have blood to spare, each round someone stands within ten feet of you must make a fortitude save (DC= 10 + ½HD + Con mod) or be sickened for 1d4 rounds. You can somewhat suppress this effect as a full round action, but everyone can still smell you.

Lesserwing

Descended from among the weakest fiends such as Imps and Quasits; Lesserwings retain their ancestors wings (hence the name) and smaller stature.

-Lesserwing template can be applied to any corporeal humaniod creature sized Small to Large.
- -2 Str, +2 Dex
-Wings: Lesserwings retain a small but functional set of batlike wings they gain a fly speed of half the base creature's land speed, or ten feet, whichever is higher, with average manoeuvrability.
-Size: The base creature becomes smaller by one size catagory.
-Resistances: Lesserwings gain Fire Resistance 5.
-SLAs: 3/day- Detect Good, Detect Magic and Invisibility.

LA: +1.

Kizara
2008-05-17, 10:43 PM
I fixed the problem(some out of date programs, free update) and fixed up the planetouched.

A question to whoever's listening, what shall I do first, vampire candy, glow aasimar(this thread's a little tiefling heavy), or scalefeather aasimar(which may have to be divided into three templates)

Good job with cleaning them up, its better. You may want to do so again with my final revisions, however.

As for your next one, I am most interested in the vampire one. Always had a fondness for vamps. :)

Jayngfet
2008-05-17, 11:04 PM
As for your next one, I am most interested in the vampire one. Always had a fondness for vamps. :)

done (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80187), now then, any preference on aasimar, glow, scalefeather(slithering), scalefeather(winged), scalefeather(song), or maybe something else entirley, like Vargouelletouched or Demititan, or another tiefling, like legged tieflings.

Kizara
2008-05-18, 01:05 AM
Throw up the assimar variants. Glad to be working on this with you, since you are doing most of the creative effort (where I have a hard time starting) and I'm just refining the details (the easy part IMO).

Oh, and I screwed up on the brimstone tiefling, stating a few things twice (was in a rush).

It's block should read:

-+2 Con, -2 Cha
-30ft base speed
-Darkvision 60ft.
-Resistance to electricity 5.

Instead of what you have now, which has the darkvision and speed entries twice.

Jayngfet
2008-05-18, 01:57 AM
Fixed the brimstone, and a problem I noticed where bits of fluff were listed twice, added some general fluff and copied standard aasimar and tiefling fluff to their entries, I'll add the new aasimar tomorrow when I'm not sleep deprived and can think clearly, in the meantime look undead (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4337028#post4337028)

Kizara
2008-05-18, 02:05 AM
For the record, the grammar and syntax of your fluff descriptions is fairly terrible.

I'll have a look at your zombies.

Jayngfet
2008-05-18, 03:08 AM
For the record, the grammar and syntax of your fluff descriptions is fairly terrible.

I'll have a look at your zombies.

Wait, how did it get so dosorganised, I'll look over it immediatly.

Kizara
2008-05-18, 01:52 PM
Wait, how did it get so dosorganised, I'll look over it immediatly.

For example, this should read:

Wait, how did it get so disorganized? I'll look over it immediately.

Due note that this is actually a pretty minor example to the severity of mistakes and poor syntax in the OP. :)

Jayngfet
2008-05-18, 04:48 PM
For example, this should read:

Wait, how did it get so disorganized? I'll look over it immediately.

Due note that this is actually a pretty minor example to the severity of mistakes and poor syntax in the OP. :)

My laptop deosn't have spellcheck and That post's been edited so many times that it sometimes contradicts itself, sorry.

Working on glow aasimar at the moment.

Edit:Glow aasimar are up.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2008-05-18, 06:48 PM
Glow Aasimar look far to powerful...

Fly speed (Good) and Damage Reduction (and few things you fight count as Evil aligned) for +1 LA?

I'd drop one or the other, and even then I'm not sure. Flight is a good ability...

Kizara
2008-05-18, 07:18 PM
Glow Aasimar look far to powerful...

Fly speed (Good) and Damage Reduction (and few things you fight count as Evil aligned) for +1 LA?

I'd drop one or the other, and even then I'm not sure. Flight is a good ability...

Agreed, although the flight speed is pretty slow.

Some notes:

Just say Darkvision 60ft. Obviously your darkvision doesn't suddenly become crappier if you already have a better version. You don't have to specify this.

Light rays should be a Su ability. Furthermore, just say its postitive energy damage and lose the rest of the text about damage reduction. Finally, give a limit here, this is only a 1 LA race. Even if its once every 1d4 rounds instead of a per-day limit.

I'd make the DR 5/evil.

I'd give it a -4 Str, -2 Int, +2 Wis for stat adjustments.

Finally, expand its SLAs to include Aid and Continual Flame (also 3/day).

That's fair for LA 1. You get flight, DR and some decent SLAs at the cost of -4 stat adjustments and the LA 1. It's a bit low-powered for LA 1, but honestly I don't think lantern anchor decendants should be really powerful.

As for how it happened, just think less carnally and more metaphysically. The light spirit 'merged' with a woman, and they experienced a sort of spiritual and emoitional bonding. Out of this 'sex' the woman willingly concieved the celestial offspring; which while simple and weak, was very spiritually blessed.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2008-05-18, 07:48 PM
If that light ray is dealing Positive Energy damage, definitely limit it's uses per day, as positive energy heals living beings, and LA +1 is FAR to little for an unlimited heal-bot.

Thanks for catching that, Kizara. I would have overlooked it completely.

Kizara
2008-05-18, 07:53 PM
If that light ray is dealing Positive Energy damage, definitely limit it's uses per day, as positive energy heals living beings, and LA +1 is FAR to little for an unlimited heal-bot.

Thanks for catching that, Kizara. I would have overlooked it completely.

Eh... actually, never mind. I maintain what I said about making it Su, but ignore the rest of my suggestion regarding it. Positive energy damage is 1) not consistant with the original lantern archon's attack and 2) way too powerful.

Honestly don't know what I was thinking, sorry.

Jayngfet
2008-05-18, 09:56 PM
Eh... actually, never mind. I maintain what I said about making it Su, but ignore the rest of my suggestion regarding it. Positive energy damage is 1) not consistant with the original lantern archon's attack and 2) way too powerful.

Honestly don't know what I was thinking, sorry.

Not consistent? two words, half lemure.

Jayngfet
2008-05-19, 10:14 PM
Added a new aasimar to the list, more in a day or two.

Kizara
2008-05-20, 02:51 AM
Ethier tone it down:

1) Change it to +2 Cha(also, looking at lillend, I'd make it +2 Strength instead of Dex).

2) Give a +4 racial bonus to perform, not a class ability. That isn't a good call, balance or consistancy-wise.

3) Tone down the SLAs. 3/day- Detect Magic, Daze and Light; 1/day Charm Person and Sleep.

4) Also add +4 to Fort saves vs poison.

You are on the upper limit of 1 LA (after these changes), and are possibly skirting over it.

Or make it LA 2:

-+4 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Wis, +4 Cha

-Flight (at base speed, average maneauverability).

-Functional tail (get tail attack as natural weapon, bonus to balance and defensive trip checks).

-+4 Racial bonus to Perform and Survival.

-SLAs: 3/day- Detect Magic, Sleep, Light, Silent Image, Knock and Charm Person; 1/day- Cure Light Wounds, Daylight, Darkness.

-Darkvision 60ft.

-+8 to Fortitude saves vs posion.

Note this is is a rough draft, its not that well formatted nor has it been completely considered for balance: I am tired as I'm writting this and can't think straight. Nonetheless, these are my current suggestions until I can refine them better. What do you think?

Jayngfet
2008-05-20, 01:41 PM
1.I was going to make three types of lillend planetouched with different stat's and abilities inherited, The next one was going to have STR, so I didn't want to be repetitive.

2.Good call, but don't lillend have that class ability, at sixth level?

3.Good call, It okay if I remove daze?

4.good call.

Kizara
2008-05-20, 03:40 PM
1) Ok then, sounds good.

2) Yes, but by consistant I meant consistant with precedent regarding races and class features.

It is a very bad idea to give races class abilities.

Things like sneak attack, rage, spellcasting (cast as an X, not a few SLAs), bardic music or evasion shouldn't be racial abilities.

3) And sure, you can remove daze. It was there mainly for flavor.

Jayngfet
2008-05-20, 06:47 PM
Edited, quick question, why did you give standard tieflings favored class(barbarian), wouldn't sorcerer or rouge work better?

Raider
2008-05-21, 06:52 PM
If possible I'd like to request an LA+0 race I could use. Preferrably both sides on the Planetouched spectrum. I'd like one high in Charisma but low in intelligence, and the other Wisdom heightened with a lowered stat of anything but dexterity.

Thank you and feel free to do whatever you think is best

Jayngfet
2008-05-21, 07:14 PM
If possible I'd like to request an LA+0 race I could use. Preferrably both sides on the Planetouched spectrum. I'd like one high in Charisma but low in intelligence, and the other Wisdom heightened with a lowered stat of anything but dexterity.

Thank you and feel free to do whatever you think is best

Hmm, I wonder if I can get away with a low INT lillend descended planetouched...

Kizara
2008-05-21, 08:18 PM
Edited, quick question, why did you give standard tieflings favored class(barbarian), wouldn't sorcerer or rouge work better?

Well, first off you have to look at most evil outsiders: big, brutish, ugly, horrible things that like to wade in and rip people apart. Are their exceptions? Sure, that's what the Naamah are for.

Then, you look at the abilities: bonuses to physical stats, penalty to Cha, natural weapons, bonuses to some roguish skills. So, while rogue would also be a decent choice judging by abilities, the examples of heritage creatures pushed me that way instead. Also, their flavor is to be savage, aggressive and brutal: barbarian traits.

Jayngfet
2008-05-21, 08:48 PM
Well, first off you have to look at most evil outsiders: big, brutish, ugly, horrible things that like to wade in and rip people apart. Are their exceptions? Sure, that's what the Naamah are for.

Then, you look at the abilities: bonuses to physical stats, penalty to Cha, natural weapons, bonuses to some roguish skills. So, while rogue would also be a decent choice judging by abilities, the examples of heritage creatures pushed me that way instead. Also, their flavor is to be savage, aggressive and brutal: barbarian traits.

1.Wich is why we have all these varients in the first place, odds are someone with pitfiend or balor blood is going to be bigger, anyone with an imp or quasit's going to be smaller, off the wall things like part vargouelle get their own template too(hold you're horses, I'm working on it!), most of the tieflings and aasimar are going to be standard celestials and fiends, with some humanoid enough outsiders like eyrnies and astral devas(who aren't much bigger than a standard human) thrown in.

2.Barberians come from wild lands, look at the average drow society, a bunch of huge cities carved out from the earth itself with a caste system to seperate rich from poor, and if I recall, Jeggred was a half fiend(though it may hurt my point that he was probably barberious).

Kizara
2008-05-21, 09:10 PM
1.Wich is why we have all these varients in the first place, odds are someone with pitfiend or balor blood is going to be bigger, anyone with an imp or quasit's going to be smaller, off the wall things like part vargouelle get their own template too(hold you're horses, I'm working on it!), most of the tieflings and aasimar are going to be standard celestials and fiends, with some humanoid enough outsiders like eyrnies and astral devas(who aren't much bigger than a standard human) thrown in.

2.Barberians come from wild lands, look at the average drow society, a bunch of huge cities carved out from the earth itself with a caste system to seperate rich from poor, and if I recall, Jeggred was a half fiend(though it may hurt my point that he was probably barberious).

1) Sure, doesn't mean that the default doesn't follow the most likely circumstance.

2) Huh? What is actually your point? Growing up in the wild is probably the most likely background for a tainted, savage, overly-aggressive and evil child. Ethier raised by friends/worshipers/cultists of evil outsiders, by the maligned and outcast mother, or by some other socially outcast and wild people. Mind you, there are many possible alternatives, but this is the most likely.

As for drow, yes that is a good example of a roguish CE society, but these aren't half-drow we are talking about.

Jayngfet
2008-05-21, 10:39 PM
What about an evil society that works with finds regularly, odds are they're going to have way more planetouched than the average civilization, and even then if we work by new fluff non-orphans would've been raised by similar beings.

Kizara
2008-05-21, 10:56 PM
What about an evil society that works with finds regularly, odds are they're going to have way more planetouched than the average civilization, and even then if we work by new fluff non-orphans would've been raised by similar beings.

Yes, that would qualify as one of "many possible alternatives".

And yes, you can change the favored class if the character in question grew up in a vastly different circumstance then would be assumed. But that is what favored class is: an assumption.

That's why the entry isn't:

Favored Class: By background, but usually Barbarian. Except when raised by drow or similar people. Also, excepting when raised by a cabal of evil wizards. Furthermore, may be bard if raised by a college of bards.

You get the idea. The point: being able to brew up an exception doesn't mean that the assumption of the most likely circumstance is less valid; and that assumption is what the favored class is drawn from. That and, to a lesser extent, aptitude.

Kizara
2008-05-22, 04:33 AM
I'm wanting to make a LA 3 version of the Githyanki (MM version, not XPH version) race (one of my favorite non-core races by far).

Give them a bonus to Str, play up their strengths, maybe some more thematically-appropriate SLAs. Dunno, any ideas? I don't want to give them alot more 'fluffy' abilities, just make them better at their role, as I see it (Str-based melee fighters with magically augmented abilities).

Maybe make their Dim Door ability not have the turn-ended cadavet (as is normal for the spell), give them Freedom of Movement and Silence? Also, racial bonuses when fighting mindflayers would be appropriate methinks.

Jayngfet
2008-05-22, 11:06 PM
I'll get to the suggestions and aasimar this weekend.

Jayngfet
2008-05-23, 04:54 PM
Added the first planetouched.

Jayngfet
2008-05-25, 09:37 PM
The other request is up. Githyanki go up on a new page(not exactly a planetouched) tomorrow.

Jayngfet
2008-06-07, 07:04 PM
Added slitherers, haven't updated in a while, after scalefeathers and slitherwings I'm going to work on part mephits.

Jayngfet
2008-06-10, 02:04 AM
Whoops, forgot to add the slitherers slither, fixed that.

Jayngfet
2008-06-24, 01:26 AM
Added redwings, scheduled planetouched tomorrow.

Jayngfet
2008-06-27, 06:44 PM
Some of the names have been changed, made to have some more relation to their ancestors names.