PDA

View Full Version : Coup-de-grace focused Build for House-ruled Wizard

Grey Paladin
2008-05-17, 10:19 AM
In an effort to balance Magic users my group has decided upon the following changes to Casters:
1) Every Save or Suck/lose spell has an additional save every round at the original DC, this save can be delayed by casting the 3rd level Arcane spell Delay and the target failing the save.
2) Every death spell causes CON damage equal to 1D10+spell level-5 instead of instant death on a failed save
3) Divine spells cap at level 7 but ignore rule #1
4) Wizards may prepare spells at any point, it takes 5 Minutes * Spell level to prepare a spell.
5) Incanatrix,Arcane Thesis, and Nightsticks are banned

The starting level is 6, I am planning to play a Wizard who puts his enemies into sleep/ otherwise makes them helpless (bands of steel etc) and then coup-de-graces them with a Scythe and Power Attack for Massive Damage and a DC 60+ fort Save or Die.

Due to my spells basically being per encounter if time is not of essence, I am not really sure how to build this character.

Advice?

Point buy 32, Standard WBL, Level 6, High Magic.

SamTheCleric
2008-05-17, 10:44 AM
There's a feat... complete adventurer I think... let's you Coup de Grace as a standard action instead of full-round. that may be of interest to you.

EDIT: Yup, Complete Adventurer. Death Blow, pre-reqs are Improved Initiative and BAB +2

Grey Paladin
2008-05-18, 06:02 AM
Thank you.