PDA

View Full Version : Minutemen in the Playground?

Don Beegles
2008-05-17, 03:54 PM
Hey. I don't figure anyone noticed the abscence of one more semi-active poster, but I haven't been on the giant since the beginning of the year, what with 5 AP classes, and being president of the theatre club, and, most importantly, a girlfriend.

Now, however, it's summer and I'm back, I think. Next year I'm heading off to UMass Amherst, and so I have some easy inroads into the nerd community, I was wondering if there were any other Amherstites on the forum. For that matter, are there any Smith-, Hampshire, Mount Holyoke, or the real Amherstites either?

It would be really cool if there were other incoming freshmen, but I'm just hoping to find some people I can easily make friends with at that behemoth.

Cobra_Ikari
2008-05-17, 03:55 PM
I...totally thought this was referring to something else, and was like ":O". >.>

Illiterate Scribe
2008-05-17, 04:02 PM
I...totally thought this was referring to something else, and was like ":O". >.>

Same here, and I was all ready to go 'Report! Form up! Destroy!' on OP's ass.

Anyway, on topic - yes, I, too, am a minuteman. Despite all these young, upstart fogies, I think that it's still important to keep one's heritage as a powerful nuclear weapons delivery system.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-05-17, 04:08 PM
Same here, and I was all ready to go 'Report! Form up! Destroy!' on OP's ass.

Anyway, on topic - yes, I, too, am a minuteman. Despite all these young, upstart fogies, I think that it's still important to keep one's heritage as a powerful nuclear weapons delivery system.

I saw Minutemen and thought of America's Revolutionary War
>>
Had to go research before I knew why you said such things.

Trog
2008-05-17, 07:07 PM
Nope. 60-minute man (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlALQf3fahM) here. :smallamused:

de-trick
2008-05-17, 08:21 PM
i thought you were thinking of the Disney movie

what
sorry kid sister has it one in livingroom

FdL
2008-05-17, 09:44 PM
I thought this referred to the seminal post-hardcore band...

SurlySeraph
2008-05-18, 12:33 AM
My uncle went to Amherst. I'm headed to Georgetown, though.

wadledo
2008-05-18, 12:34 AM
I thought this was refering to the manga.

Makkura42
2008-05-18, 02:01 AM
I thought this was referring to sexual inadequacy... XD

Don Beegles
2008-05-18, 08:19 AM
Egads.

I didn't think of quite how many alternate connotations this title could have. I probably should have. I thought of the Revolutionary War soldiers, but the Cold-War missiles, the Disney movie, and the sexually impotent failure didn't. That last is probably because I've never had that issue. Admittedly, that's because I've never had the oppurtunity, but that's beside the point.

Warpfire
2008-05-18, 09:41 PM
Egads.

I didn't think of quite how many alternate connotations this title could have. I probably should have. I thought of the Revolutionary War soldiers, but the Cold-War missiles, the Disney movie, and the sexually impotent failure didn't. That last is probably because I've never had that issue. Admittedly, that's because I've never had the oppurtunity, but that's beside the point.

Well, at least you didn't give too much information or anything like that.

Don Beegles
2008-05-18, 10:12 PM
If there is anything better than making total strangers mildly uncomfortable by slightly overstepping the boundaries of social decency, I have yet to find it.

I find that talking about Speedos generally does it better than anything. For the record, I have one that is purple and black, and pretty damn sexy.

Icewalker
2008-05-18, 10:27 PM
I thought it was about Watchmen...

Abardam
2008-05-18, 11:17 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f350/abardam/stuff/minutemen.gif

North
2008-05-19, 12:08 AM
I was thinking of watchmen or the guys who sit under the nukes....?

Gorbash Kazdar
2008-05-19, 12:44 AM
Hey. I don't figure anyone noticed the abscence of one more semi-active poster, but I haven't been on the giant since the beginning of the year, what with 5 AP classes, and being president of the theatre club, and, most importantly, a girlfriend.

Now, however, it's summer and I'm back, I think. Next year I'm heading off to UMass Amherst, and so I have some easy inroads into the nerd community, I was wondering if there were any other Amherstites on the forum. For that matter, are there any Smith-, Hampshire, Mount Holyoke, or the real Amherstites either?

It would be really cool if there were other incoming freshmen, but I'm just hoping to find some people I can easily make friends with at that behemoth.
I'm actually in Ludlow. But by next fall I may be elsewhere for grad school myself.