PDA

View Full Version : Elan is Lien!

ref
2008-05-17, 06:31 PM
OK, bear with me. I have definite proof that Elan is Lien. :smallbiggrin: :smalltongue: :smallsmile:

First, What do you get when you write 'Elan' backwards? We know that. Nale. Of Linear Guild fame. We know Nale.

BUT NOW!! What do you get when you SAY 'Nale' Backwards? Try it out! It comes out as... LIEN!!!

Therefore, Elan is Lien (Backwards of a backwards thing is that same thing). :smallcool: :smallwink:

BRC
2008-05-17, 06:33 PM
OK, bear with me. I have definite proof that Elan is Lien. :smallbiggrin: :smalltongue: :smallsmile:

First, What do you get when you write 'Elan' backwards? We know that. Nale. Of Linear Guild fame. We know Nale.

BUT NOW!! What do you get when you SAY 'Nale' Backwards? Try it out! It comes out as... LIEN!!!

Therefore, Elan is Lien (Backwards of a backwards thing is that same thing). :smallcool: :smallwink:
... I don't know whether to slap you or bow to you...

archon_huskie
2008-05-17, 06:33 PM
No. Therkala is Lien!

Jayngfet
2008-05-17, 06:35 PM
... I don't know whether to slap you or bow to you...

Why not both?

Bayar
2008-05-17, 06:40 PM
Nale is pronounced Neil. Neil backwards is Lien. :jawdrop:

You win the internets.

EvilRoeSlade
2008-05-17, 06:53 PM
No. Therkala is Lien!

Why not both?

Shas aia Toriia
2008-05-17, 07:47 PM
No. Therkala is Lien!

And since Therkla is also Thog. . .

lemonhoney
2008-05-17, 11:55 PM
And Lien backwards is Miko!

:smalleek::smalleek::smalleek:

Jayngfet
2008-05-17, 11:56 PM
And Lien backwards is Miko!

:smalleek::smalleek::smalleek:

Nale is Miko?

Liwen
2008-05-18, 01:07 AM
For the love of... NOBODY IS ANYONE BUT HIM OR HERSELF!!! The fact that their names are the same when you say it back backwards or while smashing you teeth with a big hammer doesn't change the true identity of a person or a webcomic character!

Elan is Elan, Nale is Nale, Miko is still Miko, well not really because she's dead, but anyway... you get the point.

kpenguin
2008-05-18, 01:39 AM
For the love of... NOBODY IS ANYONE BUT HIM OR HERSELF!!! The fact that their names are the same when you say it back backwards or while smashing you teeth with a big hammer doesn't change the true identity of a person or a webcomic character!

Except that time Nale impersonated Elan... or when Eugene pretended he was a being of perfect good and order... or when Sabine transformed into a dwarven smith... or when she transformed into a member of the CPPD... or when Roy switched genders...

Tempest Fennac
2008-05-18, 01:48 AM
There's also that time when Elan used Disguise Self to impersonate an Ogre. How is "Nale" Lien backwards? I tried pronouncing it like that, but it wouldn't work.

MeTheGameGuy
2008-05-18, 01:51 AM
There's also that time when Elan used Disguise Self to impersonate an Ogre. How is "Nale" Lien backwards? I tried pronouncing it like that, but it wouldn't work.

Agreed. It sounds like "Nail", not "Neil".

kpenguin
2008-05-18, 01:56 AM
Agreed. It sounds like "Nail", not "Neil".

Well, "Nail" spelled backwards is "Lian", which sounds more like "Leanne" to me than "Lien" when I pronounce it.

MeTheGameGuy
2008-05-18, 02:05 AM
Well, "Nail" spelled backwards is "Lian", which sounds more like "Leanne" to me than "Lien" when I pronounce it.

Yep. How do you pronounce "Lien" anyway? Just lee-en? Or ly-en? Or something else?

Kato
2008-05-18, 02:37 AM
Nale is (by me) pronounced Na-il, and Lien in Asian fashion Li-e(a)n, like Lee and 'an' so all makes perfect sense. I know it's hard in comics and books to get some spelling's right, but I'm pretty sure this is the way it is. (I know English people tend to not pronounce the e in Lien... poor girl)

Anyway... seconded the 'slap or bow'... this is perfect logic, though the conclusion lacks interpretation...

Rinquist
2008-05-18, 02:49 AM
Wait, I thought I was Lien?

Then who is Zylokolon and Therelakala?

Tempest Fennac
2008-05-18, 03:06 AM
I've always pronounced "Nale" as it's wtitten. I thought "Lien" was pronounced as "Lee-en".

faerwain
2008-05-18, 03:57 AM
I am Lien! And my wife is also Lien!

Raewyn
2008-05-18, 05:28 AM
No, I am Santa Claus Lien! :smalltongue:

Spiryt
2008-05-18, 05:40 AM
Elan is a Lie.

Paladin29
2008-05-18, 06:38 AM
Elan is Lien reading backwards the phonetical backwards of Elan????... brblllgflallalala..... te-ke-li-li... TE-KE-LI-LI, Fthang Chtuluuu!!!... Iä Iä Sub-Nigurath :smalleek:

Szilard
2008-05-18, 09:39 AM
I just pronounce Lien as lean.

Haleyintraining
2008-05-18, 10:14 AM
Small problem, Elan and Lien have been shown at the same time. In this comic for example: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0557.html

Roderick_BR
2008-05-18, 01:30 PM
Oh, yeh gods.... I laughed so much reading this thread... :smallbiggrin:

Flickerdart
2008-05-18, 01:38 PM
Oh, not to mention the MitD is a past version of Xykon that he keeps leashed until he dies ("phylactery destroyed" dies), during which he can implant his soul into it. Because...um...I don't know why.

Tass
2008-05-18, 01:42 PM
I've always pronounced "Nale" as it's wtitten. I thought "Lien" was pronounced as "Lee-en".

Oh.. you mean Nah-Le?

"Pronounced as it is written" says nothing

The Extinguisher
2008-05-18, 02:12 PM
I'm Spartacus Therkla Lien

Drider
2008-05-18, 03:34 PM
Mr.t Says "stop All This Jibba-jabba!"

Anon-a-mouse
2008-05-18, 04:12 PM
Sparticus is Kaiser Soze. Kaiser Soze is also Elan.

Arbitrarity
2008-05-18, 04:20 PM
Nale is "nail" so nale can nail not-nale and not nail nale. And knot not-nale(not nale) while nale nail not-nale, not nale.

Evil DM Mark3
2008-05-18, 04:22 PM
I just pronounce Lien as lean. Lien is lean? So she is still part of a dieting monster's menu? Well we know one person who isn't therefore I declare with 100% percent certainty that Lien is NOT Durkon!

Lien is not Durkon
No one but Durkon is Durkon.

THEREFORE

Everyone but Durkon is Lien!

:tongue:

Pronounceable
2008-05-18, 04:35 PM
There is no Lien. Only degrees of Miko.

Moff Chumley
2008-05-18, 05:32 PM
No, this guy (Who happens to be singing about South-Bound Pachyderms and shaking hands with beef) is Lien (http://www.phillesh.net/philzoneimages/photos/pf-010727-les.jpg).

Uncle Festy
2008-05-18, 08:52 PM

Elan is Elan, Nale is Nale, Miko is still Miko, well not really because she's dead, but anyway... you get the point.

*stabs*
Stop ruining our fun, old geezer!
Wait, that's it! Liwen is Shojo!
And that means they're both Lien!
So they're also Therkla, and Thog...
Oh, I get it now! Shojo was working for Nale the whole time!...
Wait, so he was working for himself?
((Am I the only one who followed that?))

Lionpawheart
2008-05-18, 09:37 PM
Okay, I know that if you pronounce it it's Lien, but seriously, can't you people get a life instead of trying to find something to post about? I mean, how long did it take you to find out what pronounced backwards is something completely different?
*bash head on desk*

Doug Lampert
2008-05-19, 11:08 AM
Small problem, Elan and Lien have been shown at the same time. In this comic for example: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0557.htmlThis sort of TRIVIAL detail has never even slowed down any other X is actually Y thread. I fail to see why you think it is relevant to this one.

Cleverdan22
2008-05-19, 05:46 PM

Please tell me you knew they were joking.

Also...Roy is Yor, and Yor looks like Yok. Yok-yok. ROY. IS. YOK-YOK.

Morgan Wick
2008-05-19, 06:08 PM
Everyone is everyone else! Elan is Lien is Miko is Therkla is Haley is Belkar is Nale is Roy! It all makes sense now!

bahamut920
2008-05-20, 12:58 AM
Also...Roy is Yor, and Yor looks like Yok. Yok-yok. ROY. IS. YOK-YOK.

Does that mean his father is Yikyik? Or was Yokyok the father? I can never remember...

I think the MitD is Roy's father. I mean, think about it: Roy's father has impersonated other beings before, and they've never been in the same place at the same time... It all fits together!

Corsair
2008-05-20, 03:57 AM
You've all come to the breaking point, so I might as well spell it out for you.

There is only one character in Order of the Stick, and that character is Roy.

In truth, this entire quest is the leadup to a time-space loop of epic proportions. In the instant before Roy destroys Xykon finally, Xykon uses his powers to cast timestop. Thor intervenes and makes Roy immune to timestop, but his destruction of Xykon causes the time-space continuum while Xykon was still clutching it in his bony grasp causes a massive ripple effect, sending Roy flying backwards in time to the beginning, where he became the first male human. Furthermore, issues with the Space-Time continuum caused him to duplicate with the duplicate being of the reverse gender.

After they get over massive squick and are issued with a Divine Edict, they eventually procreate. However, as they have identical DNA, their children are all essentially male and female versions of Roy. Genetic mutations combine with some good old plastic surgery result in the creation of every race on the face of the world along with their various ethnic groups, but they are all still technically Roy despite the massive mutations over the years.

And now you know the secret.

Paladin29
2008-05-20, 07:42 AM
Damn it, you discover the true metaplot of OotS, now my freemason´s lodge must hire a ciber-mutant ninja sorcerer assasin to kill you and bind your soul to an ashtray.

Look the things you make me do!!!! :smallmad::smalltongue:

Tass
2008-05-20, 09:42 AM
And now you know the secret.

And knowing is half the battle

littlequietguy
2008-05-20, 09:45 AM
calls upon devil to destroy ye menace!!!!:smallfurious::smallfurious::smallannoye d::smallfurious::smallyuk:

SoD
2008-05-20, 09:52 AM

Heretic! We already know that Eugene was Roy, Elan was Miko, V was Frodo, and I am Elan, and that you're Durkon, and that Belkar is Captain Kirk, and that the Snarl is Bob, and that the One Ring is Hinjo, and that Banjo is Thor, and that the blue-haired-halberd-chick is Shinjo, and that Zyklon is Right-Eye, and that MitD is Dumbledoor, and that Sabina is Leaky, and that the head of the bandits is his daughter, and that Therkla is everyone! How can you dispute these obviously true facts?

Oh, but Thog is Thog. Except when he's Therkla (shown in this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0509.html) comic).

skywalker
2008-05-20, 01:07 PM
Okay, I know that if you pronounce it it's Lien, but seriously, can't you people get a life instead of trying to find something to post about? I mean, how long did it take you to find out what pronounced backwards is something completely different?
*bash head on desk*
Och, you kids an' yer "life." Why're you here, then?

And knowing is half the battle
What's the other half?

Evil DM Mark3
2008-05-20, 01:14 PM
What's the other half?

Pies. This fact brought to you by the randomness association.

Uncle Festy
2008-05-20, 04:53 PM
Pies.

I thought it was shooting/stabbing/nuking the other guy with your guns/swords/missiles. :smallconfused:

Evil DM Mark3
2008-05-20, 05:34 PM
I thought it was shooting/stabbing/nuking the other guy with your guns/swords/missiles. :smallconfused:

No that would be fighting. Fighting is a side effect of "the battle". The battle is won with knowledge and pie, the rest is just froth..